• transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2005-05-19, 05:47 PM   #21
Bombshell
thinks puppet Angel David Boreanaz is dreamy...

...especially when he was kicking Spike's ass. ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
Seems to me, his progression started in Episode II, and his turn happened as realistically as possible.
Indeed. It all started with the Tusken slaughter in AOTC, and continued on from there until ROTS, with Dooku and Mace's deaths being the clincher.

Bombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-19, 06:15 PM   #22
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Something I really liked was that Grievous was injured in the last part of Clone Wars, and they didn't just ignore it. As soon as he stumbled in, coughing, I was like "Oh yeah, Mace totally choked him."

I'm glad they didn't spend too much time on Dooku and Grievous. Afterall, this is a story about Kenobi, Skywalker and Palpatine. I think the Windu fight sufficed.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-19, 08:48 PM   #23
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

I'd been watching all the previous movies in marathons since Monday, so all the I and II stuff was still fresh in my mind.

What I liked that no one has really mentioned is how much it validated all the political jargon of the previous two. It managed to show that Palpatine was a cunning, patient politician. He played many groups off of each other in a rise to power with the destruction of a democracy as opposed to just being the "Evil Magic Wizard with Endless Legions of Terror" for no real reason.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-19, 09:41 PM   #24
Dragon Warrior Steve
Powermaster

Orange County, New York

Well I had a blast going to the midnight premiere, so many great stories, but I'd like to focus more on the movie itself. Spoilers ahoy!

The opening battle was fantastic. The first all CGI battle huh, well it kicked ass. And it was amazing how hilarious R2 was, he had me dying. The droids had some funny lines too. You think they'd be smarter because they could talk more, guess not.

Originally I though Grievous was going to be killed in a heartbeat, but it was the complete opposite. I thought the whole Dooku thing was rushed, it seemed like they just threw him in there so they can kill him off. Too quick if you ask me.

Now when Grievious came out, I was livid. He was hunched-backed and was coughing. WTF I was pissed, I though he was going to be a bad ass mother ****er like in Clone Wars, but he was just like Dooku, trying to avoid fighting and hiding behind his droids. I also hated how it only took Obi Wan a minute and a half to cut of one of Grievous' hands. I was disappointed, but then I wasn't as much when a friend reminded me that his ribs got stomped on by Windu, so I just wish he was a bit more bad ass like in the cartoon.

I thought the acting was a lot better too, especially for Hayden, except for the scenes with Padme of course.

This movie really started to get slow when when they returned to Corissant (sp?). It then picked up when Mace confronted Palpatine. I remember hearing from Jackson himself he wasn't going out like a bitch, but that's exactly what happened. This bad ass gets his hand chopped off and thrown 2 miles out of a window. Fisto got ****ed as well. After that the movie got good, and Palaptine was evil as hell. The thing is I was worrying that Anakin becomes evil because he was tricked, but he really corrupted himself.

Now back when Episode II came out, I thought that Palpatine would sick the Clones on the Jedi, then I thought Anakin would kill all of them. I couldn't believe this, but my jaw dropped when I saw the clones helping out the Jedi, stop, then fire on them. It was such a jaw-dropping scene.

The movie got more exciting when the Organa showed up, I wish he was in the movie more, but glad he was a big time character. The emotion that Obi Wan and Yoda showed when seeing Anakin go bad was just so great, I would not even move at all.

Now Anakin was just becoming a more awesome character, seeing him so evil was great to watch. I also liked the scene when Palpatine made his speech for the Empire. It was a great scene seeing how everything has turned for the worse, and people were applauding it.

The Obi Wan and Anakin fight was just ****ing sick, so was the Yoda/Palpatine fight. Yoda was just so bad ass just throwing his lightsaber into clones, and throwing guards like rag dolls, but it was nothing compared to the lava fight.

I was still worried about the whole reason Anakin went bad, but when he confronted Padme, I saw the Vader I knew. I swear to God my heart was beating fast, and I was shaking. Of course I knew how it would end, but I just didn't know when it would. The way it finished was great. Obi Wan yelling at Anakin, then walking away, Anakin saying "I hate you," it was sort of breath-taking. I liked the way Anakin burned, it was a great scene.

Now the whole "true" birth of Darth Vader was cool to watch, but the dialogue was a bit lame. I said there wasn't really anything else he could of said, or in any different tone, but he could of said something else other than "Noooooooooooooooo."

At the end, there were so many scenes where I thought the movie would end, but kept on going. I really thought though the last scene should of been the Death Star, either way, amazing flick.

Definately the best prequel, and it's up near the top of my favorites. It has very little cons, maybe more but they were just overshadowed by all the pros. It was a memorable movie, the one I've been waiting to see, and I wasn't that really disappointed.

My Current Favorite Star Wars films:

1.) Empire Strikes Back
2.) Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi (Seriously, I can't decide.)
3.) A New Hope
4.) Attack of the Clones
5.) Phantom Menace

Overall, this movie was awesome, worth the wait, worth the hype, and it wasn't as vilolent as people said. I give it a 9/10.

Dragon Warrior Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-19, 10:53 PM   #25
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.

Awesome. really good.

No real bad point that dpn't apply to other SW films but you only notice them iuf you analyse the movie after. The cinema was gripped through out and clapped at the end.

The story was great. The acting was brilliant, especially Haden when hes on he volcano planet and talking to Obi Wan. But Ian McDirmunt owned through out. There was nothing wrong with the turn considering how long it was built up. It also makes sense when Anakin reveals his master plan about "My Empire" and ensuring peach in the galaxy. You can see exactlky how the Jedi, who don't come off as total innocents in thsi by the way, pissd him off no end as they forced Anakin to constantly go against the Jedi code yet slag him off not being good enough while Palps keeps giving him everything he wants.

By the way, I bloody hate people who whine about how everything has to be [badass which basically means they all have their own perception of what these should be and moan when its different.
I don't see the problem with the Mace/Palps and Obi/Grevious fights. Neitehr was short either but as there were five duels we don't need them all to be 20 friggen minutes.

All the Sabre fights were build ups the the two main events at the end. And damn good they did. I mean when the general got out the 4 sabers. A great starwars moment, glad they didn't out that in the trailers.

Oh and I forgot the funny bits in this film are brilliant. R2 at the start had me in creeaces.

Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-19, 11:19 PM   #26
BigMaki

Jacksonville, FL. You may now feel sorry for me.

I must be the only one who didn't go gaga over this movie. Which is weird, considering I went gaga over Episode II after seeing it at the midnight show. Of course, that changed the next time I saw it and realized how much garbage the "love story" was...

This time? Lucas got a lot right, but he got a lot wrong. I would give it 2.5 stars out of 4, tops. I really enjoyed the first 30 minutes and the last 45 minutes, but I had serious problems with a lot of it in between. It hurts, because, honestly, I've been waiting 22 years for this film, and to see a lot of things that could have been fixed so easily... Well, it just bugs the hell out of me. Strap in, kids. This is gonna be a long one.

First of all, the stuff with the Wookiees was completely unnecessary. It was simple fanboy pandering, which didn't advance the story in any way. Story-wise, all it did was make sure Yoda wasn't at the Jedi Temple during the slaughter. That's it. I can't believe that Lucas cut out and condensed storylines of other characters to make room for a few pointless battle scenes on Kashyyk. Padme had what, three scenes where she isn't sitting on that damn couch in that damn apartment? If we're supposed to care that Anakin is willing to destroy the Jedi and the entire Republic to save her, we need to let her actually do something. Instead we get an extended cameo from Chewbacca. Dammit.

Mace Windu went out like a bitch. I'm sorry, but he did. This is strictly a personal thing, but if you want me to care when someone dies, you don't show it in a long shot with him flung a mile away. You have him drop right there on that ledge, and this gives added weight to what Anakin has just done. This also gives him the opportunity to debate, to give more of the, "oh god, what have I just done," stuff to it. When there's a body in the room that he's just had a hand in killing, it makes it a lot tougher to atone for. Instead it's, "What have I done? Well, okay, I'll be your apprentice now even though I turned you in to Windu five minutes ago." Even a few more lines of dialogue there, with Palpatine convincing him to turn, with Anakin wavering would have sealed the deal for me. Even showing Anakin realizing he's got no other choice at this point would work. Instead it felt rushed, even if it is something that's been building since the Tusken slaughter in AotC. It would have added maybe 60 seconds, but had so much more impact.

My single biggest problem, though, lies in this... You know what made the lightsaber battles in the original trilogy so damn great? It wasn't the moves they used, it was what they said between them. My friends and I could recite just about everything said during both of the Luke/Vader fights in ESB and RotJ. I know, it's dorky, but stay with me. Recite me some lines of dialogue from any of the fights in RotS. Oh, wait, there weren't any, were there? This is what absolutely ruined the Anakin/Obi Wan fight for me. Can you imagine how much more impact the fight would have had if Obi Wan had been trying to bring Anakin back from the dark side throughout the fight, instead of realizing he was too far gone before it even started? Imagine him pleading with him, trying to work it out, trying to show him that they can save Padme, that they can save the Republic. Then ultimately Anakin refuses. I was glad at least once it was over, Obi Wan actually screams at him. Imagine that impact throughout the fight, and that's what I was hoping for. Instead I got a ****ing video game sequence that looked like a video game and had about the same impact, until limbs are lost and the harsh words start. At least the fighting moves they broke out were pretty damn sweet. I just wanted more than eye candy, since this really is the most important fight in the series.

I will say this, though -- the wrapup scenes were absolutely fantastic. Maybe it's pure nostalgia, but those made me want to pop in ANH like RIGHT NOW. Showing Owen and Beru holding Luke with the binary sunset and Luke's theme in the background was the most affecting thing in the movie for me, short of the opening fanfare, which I'm sure will continue to give me chills every single time I see it, for the rest of my life. Leia's theme playing with the Organas holding her was wonderful. Padme's funeral hit the perfect notes. The only one that didn't quite do it for me was Vader's Frankenstein moment, stumbling off his table exactly like the damn Frankenstein monster, then followed by that "NOOOOOOOO!" which, to me, was even more jarring than Luke's scream in the first Special Edition of ESB (that thankfully got removed). Let's hope Lucas has the foresight to change this when he redoes the movie for the super-duper 3-D holographic edition on BluRay in 2007, especially since the rest of Vader's birth (especially the POV shot of the mask coming down) was jsut about perfect.

I know it sounds like I'm being really hard on this movie. I did like at least half of it, though. Those were just little things that really bothered me and could have been fixed quite easily without changing the pacing of the movie at all.

Stuff I liked? I thought the Dooku fight was played exactly how it should have been played. I could have done without the R2 comedy, granted, but everything in that not-so-vaguely-familiar observation deck was terrific. So was the ensuing elevator (almost) escape. Same with the Grievous/Obi Wan fight. I will note here that I knew NOTHING about Grievous going into this film, so my friend and I were both asking, "WTF is with the cough and the chicken walk?" I'm sure we weren't the only ones.

The scene where Palpatine tells the story of Darth Plagueus (sp?) is the third-best scene in any of the Star Wars movies, right behind "I am your father" and Han going into carbon freeze. That entire scene was genius, and showed exactly how good Palpatine was at manipulating everyone to get what he wants. It also showed just how good Ian McDiarmid was. The dude stole the movie from everybody. He was that good.

Despite my complaints, I will watch this again, definitely. The parts I enjoyed, I enjoyed enough to watch them as a vital part of the series. I will look at Vader as more of a tragic heartbroken figure (and a guy who got completely suckered by Palpatine) now when watching the originals, and it's interesting to rethink my whole position of spoiling the end of ESB. I think the new twist for kids watching them for the first time is that if they watch them in chronological order, they don't know that the guy who's set up to be the hero of the piece turns into the big bad midway through. They did give a good sense of Anakin not giving in at first, and give you enough hope that maybe he'll come back by then end of the movie. I can see that making a difference in how kids would view it. I'll still have them watch 4-6, then 1-3, though.

2.5 stars out of 4. God, how I wish I could give it more. Best of the Prequels, but that's not saying too much, as we all know by now.

My order for the Star Wars films?[list=1][*]The Empire Strikes Back[*]Star Wars[*]Return of the Jedi[*]Revenge of the Sith[*]Attack of the Clones[*]The Phantom Menace[/list=1]
RotJ barely beats out RotS due to just how damn good all of the stuff with the Emperor, Luke and Vader is. RotS is right there, though, due to not having any damn cutesy Ewoks.

Last edited by BigMaki; 2005-05-19 at 11:27 PM.
BigMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-19, 11:51 PM   #27
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY
Default Re: Saw episode III last night [MAJOR SPOILERS]...

Quote:
Originally posted by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron

- Count Dooku: Here's the guy in AoTC, who played an important part was shown as someone who you don't f'ck with. In this movie, he's in one scene, 1 scene! He had all, but I think 2 lines (cheesy ones at that too). He's killed so easily and quickly, I was like, WTF? Lame!
I thought this was perfect, actually... it showed how manipulative the emporer was, and how easily he would swap out apprentices and use them as pawns. It also shows that in Return of the Jedi, he would have simply traded Vader for Luke.

Dooku was not important. He was a means to the end for the Emporer, and was used like a puppet, whether Dooku knew that or not. His quick demise does a lot to show the lack of loyalty from the Emporer.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 02:06 AM   #28
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

I haven't read all the posts in this thread and I don't have time to make an in-depth analysis, but I will say this:

I f*cking loved the movie. There were a few minor disappointments, but like Jets said, it's nothing worse than in the original trilogy.

Right now, the only negative thing about the experience was the retard sitting two rows back who spent the whole time clicking something and making animal noises.

EDIT - I gotta say about the people whining about Dooku's death: What movie were you watching? The look he gave Palpatine when he told Anakin to kill him was one of the best moments in the movie.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 03:50 AM   #29
Arcee

Germany. Status: not blonde

Quote:
Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
It also makes sense when Anakin reveals his master plan about "My Empire" and ensuring peach in the galaxy.
Yes. Speaking of which, am I the only one who noticed how that part was reminiscent of his "Join me..." speech in ESB? In retrospect, it's like he saw corrupting Luke (Padmé's son) as his second chance to realise the dream he couldn't have with his beloved Padmé.

Arcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 03:54 AM   #30
Redstreak
Banned

Motown

I'm literally ten minutes back from seeing it, and I loved it. It was everything I hoped it'd be and more...granted I had low standards going in, but it blew me away. When Anakin went in to kill the young-lings, I seriously felt my heart jump. It is the truest showing of evil, to slaughter children.

Totally down with all the saber battles too. Yoda v. Palpatine almost overshadowed Skywalker/Kenobi it was that good.

I'm going to give it the highest praise I know of, in that I'm pledging that I'm going to pay to go see it again. I don't do that much anymore, but I'll definitely do it for this one. Think it ranks second behind Empire for me, followed by ANH and Jedi, then Phantom and AOTC.

See it now, if you haven't. And if you have, see it again. Cuz damn.

Redstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 05:28 AM   #31
Blitzwing 2

Murray, KY
Thumbs up

Great movie! So glad I got a midnight ticket.

Positives:
-Opening space battle. I really hope they show more of this on the dvd. Awesome how the Obi-Wan and Anakin fly over the star destroyer do a dive and BOOM! Right in the middle of a huge battle.
-Anakins turn to the dark side. It was great how Palpatine kept manipulating Anakin, but also how the Jedi treated him, most notably Mace, who was always quick to put him back in his place.
-Hayden Christensen. Hey, he didn't suck! What the hell happened to that pansy little dude in AotC?
-Ian McDiarmad. Stole the show as Palpatine/Sidious. Simple as that. This will not be argued.
-Vader vs. Obi-Wan. Crazy fight as it went all over the place and it was a little sad. If you watched the final few episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon, the two really became friends once it was no longer master and student.
-The Music during Vader/Obi-Wan and Yoda/Sidious. Great how the Duel of Fates and Battle of Heroes were used and they were woven together.
-Kit Fisto dying. He let out a girly scream when he died that amused me.

Negatives:
-General Grievous with lightsabers. I guess it's because of the Clone Wars, but he didn't do much when he fought with his lightsabers.
-Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto's deaths. I know Sidious is powerful, but he wasted the three in 7 seconds flat.
-No Shaak Ti! Not even a death scene. I was hoping she'd get a little screentime.
-Pacing. Few scenes were too rushed. Another 10 minutes wouldn't have killed the movie since people are willing to sit that long for these huge epic movies these days.

Not sure where it ranks in the 6 movies. I hesitate to move it behind ESB as #2. Will see it again though and might go pick up a few of the action figues tomorrow.

"Your brush with greatness is over!"

JAWS vs. Chucky
This could be great: Chucky is a stowaway on some kids' boat and he tries to kill them. They jump overboard and JAWS eats them before Chucky can get 'em. Chucky swears "smile you son of a bitch" and dives into the water for one final showdown
A quote that I stole from someone from somewhere else

Last edited by Blitzwing 2; 2005-05-20 at 05:31 AM.
Blitzwing 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 07:10 AM   #32
Bombshell
thinks puppet Angel David Boreanaz is dreamy...

...especially when he was kicking Spike's ass. ;)

Quote:
By the way, I bloody hate people who whine about how everything has to be [badass which basically means they all have their own perception of what these should be and moan when its different.
Agreed. One of my particular pet peeves about people reviewing the prequels is that they seem to have their own perceptions about what they ought to be, and then bitch and piss when they don't get it.

Quote:
I don't see the problem with the Mace/Palps and Obi/Grevious fights. Neitehr was short either but as there were five duels we don't need them all to be 20 friggen minutes.
Agreed here, too. And I really do think that Palps vs. the Posse was probably my second best favorite after Anakin/Obi-Wan. You just know there's trouble when you get four of the toughest Jedi ever to go up against a Sith, and three of them go down in under fifteen seconds.

Quote:
I mean when the general got out the 4 sabers. A great starwars moment, glad they didn't out that in the trailers.
The build up to the Grievous/Obi-Wan fight is one of my favorite scenes. Two arms swinging lightsabers while two arms drag two others on the ground.

Quote:
Oh and I forgot the funny bits in this film are brilliant. R2 at the start had me in creeaces.
Another one of my favorite scenes: Obi-Wan trying to contact Artoo, and Artoo trying to hide from the Super Battle Droids.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
I gotta say about the people whining about Dooku's death: What movie were you watching? The look he gave Palpatine when he told Anakin to kill him was one of the best moments in the movie.
Again, reading the chapter in the book about this scene definitly helps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blitzwing 2
-Ian McDiarmad. Stole the show as Palpatine/Sidious. Simple as that. This will not be argued.
And anyone who does will be shot on sight.

Quote:
-The Music during Vader/Obi-Wan and Yoda/Sidious. Great how the Duel of Fates and Battle of Heroes were used and they were woven together.
Oh. F*ck. Yeah!

Quote:
Originally posted by Redstreak
See it now, if you haven't. And if you have, see it again. Cuz damn.
Just got back from seeing it. Going to see it again tomorrow.

Quote:
I f*cking loved the movie.
No arguments here.

Bombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 07:37 AM   #33
Random Sweep

Under the Banner

Just saw it for the second time.

The jedi purge scenes are even more moving the second time around.

Random Sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 01:24 PM   #34
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Originally posted by Blitzwing 2
-No Shaak Ti! Not even a death scene. I was hoping she'd get a little screentime.
In the script Denyer posted, She was supposed to be killed by Anakin in the Jedi temple. It looks like that was cut out for some reason. There were a good four or five scenes that were cut out. Most of the deleted scenes didn't add much, butr I would have liked to have seen this one.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 01:31 PM   #35
BigMaki

Jacksonville, FL. You may now feel sorry for me.

Looks like I need to read the book to get what I was looking for, huh? I'll have to do that. I'm also planning on seeing it again today, the stuff that was good is calling me back to the theater...

Just an FYI, the digital prints DO NOT have any extra scenes attached. I've seen it confirmed in a couple places now by people who have seen both the digital and film versions already. The cuts are identical. That kind of bums me out, I was hoping for some Yoda on Dagobah stuff... Guess I'll have to wait until the DVD is out.

BigMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 01:35 PM   #36
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
In the script Denyer posted, She was supposed to be killed by Anakin in the Jedi temple. It looks like that was cut out for some reason. There were a good four or five scenes that were cut out. Most of the deleted scenes didn't add much, butr I would have liked to have seen this one.
If the other two dvds are any precedent, Lucas'll put the deleted scenes on the ep. III dvd.

Zisteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 04:59 PM   #37
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

Saw it this afternoon. it was awesome from the start through to the end...except for the already infamous "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I loved the humor that Lucas threw in with R2 hiding at the start with the communicator. i laughed even more when the battle droid kicked him over though.

Despite peoples moaning Windu went out in style. he didnt get mauled in the first 30seconds like the others.

Anakin's transition to the dark side was handled very well. i loved the younglings scene and Obi-wans final dialogue with Vader.

Yoda kicked ass....right the way through the film.

ok, Palpatine was a pain in the ass. well, he was very good, loved how he Tricked Anakin and so forth but jesus christ he sounded like and idiot in the "rise vader scene". it was if he was trying too hard to be evil, he sounded like Gollum!

i also loved the Jedi massacre by the clone troops.
it was a great film, i may see it at the cinema again but im not one for repeat viewings.i'll wait for the trilogy set dvd.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Prowl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 08:24 PM   #38
the_escaflowne_2k
Gestalt

Under a cloud, no atlas though [Manchester].

Quote:
Originally posted by Prowl1984

ok, Palpatine was a pain in the ass. well, he was very good, loved how he Tricked Anakin and so forth but jesus christ he sounded like and idiot in the "rise vader scene". it was if he was trying too hard to be evil, he sounded like Gollum!

oh thank god someone else noticed that.
Aside from that i thought it was ok, 6/10 material.
My main irc's with the film were the lines in about 40% of the movie i feel as though they could have been improved immensely with only a few slight changes. Also i was somewhat disturbed at how close Mace got to actually killing Palp's, if the emporer was so powerfull i doubt it really would have gotten that far. The phrase "youngling"just really put me off, i can cope with yoda saying it (as it seems more in tune with his way of speaking) but when the others used it it sounded wrong, i would have also liked them to have shown Anakin actually killing them i belive it would have made a greater impact and one final thing with the children was the one time they speak they get the most wooden child to deliver the line. The wookie scene was totally unnessesary it added nothing to the film and now makes me wonder why Chewbacca never mentioned knowing Yoda to Luke in the originals.
Despite all this i do have some fond memories of it, the turning of the clones was done excellently the saber duels were great and screen time with annoying characters was kept to a relative minimum (Padme, C3PO , Jar Jar) , the humour was well done and the technology transition was done extremely well to fit in with the originals.

Oh one final gripe though, all well and good that Hayden wanted to wear the original Darth costume but he didnt look right in it, he was to skinny (or at least to me) to look like the Darth from the originals.

I'll probably seeit again but only as i'll be going with my dad and he'll be paying.

"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
the_escaflowne_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 08:41 PM   #39
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

Quote:
The wookie scene was totally unnessesary it added nothing to the film and now makes me wonder why Chewbacca never mentioned knowing Yoda to Luke in the originals.
Luke never mentioned anything about Yoda to the others during the originals, but yeah, the wookie aspect didnt seem to add anything to the film. the inclusion of Chewbacca was pretty pointless

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Prowl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 08:56 PM   #40
Ravage
Primus

In the depths of blackest Hell. Or just Vermont

Overall I thought the movie was great.

Myself my biggest question now is was James Earl Jones doing Vader at the end of the movie? IMDB says it was and he was uncredited. I wonder why that is?

Anyway overall awesome movie. I just had to sit in my seat for the credits after just thinking wow.

Now I have the urge to buy the other five and watch them all again.

Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote