• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2005-05-20, 08:58 PM   #41
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.

Quote:
Originally posted by Prowl1984

Yoda kicked ass....right the way through the film.

Indeed. Everybody cheered whenever he did something cool like take out the 2 clone troupers or force throw the 2 red guards as if their nothing.

Was it me or was Yoda in a very bad mood during this? A serious grimance is present at all times, even before anything particulary bad happens.

In fact in all the originals Yoda is far more serious than in 20 years time in ESB. I guess he mellowed out big time.

Quote:
Originally posted by the_escaflowne_2k

Oh one final gripe though, all well and good that Hayden wanted to wear the original Darth costume but he didnt look right in it, he was to skinny (or at least to me) to look like the Darth from the originals.
Rememebr he just survived a near death experence. In the originals hes got 20 years older. Will you be the exact same weight in 20 years?

Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 09:08 PM   #42
the_escaflowne_2k
Gestalt

Under a cloud, no atlas though [Manchester].

Quote:
Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1

Rememebr he just survived a near death experence. In the originals hes got 20 years older. Will you be the exact same weight in 20 years?
True, but i still stand by my opion that he didnt carry the suit off well.

"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
the_escaflowne_2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 09:20 PM   #43
BigMaki

Jacksonville, FL. You may now feel sorry for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Was it me or was Yoda in a very bad mood during this? A serious grimance is present at all times, even before anything particulary bad happens.
Yeah, I guess it hadn't been the best couple of years for him since the clone wars started. Even worse when he's got the premonition to see that things are going wrong, yet not knowing how to stop it.

Quote:
In fact in all the originals Yoda is far more serious than in 20 years time in ESB. I guess he mellowed out big time.
Yeah, retirement does that to people. Er, green, short, alien-type guys, too.

BigMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 09:21 PM   #44
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.

By the way, I Pm'ed you this whats the source of your sig?

I've seen that king face in various places, possible alwasy SW related.

Old 2005-05-20, 09:29 PM   #45
BigMaki

Hey, your inbox is finally not full! Sent. And no, he's not SW related in any way...

Old 2005-05-20, 09:33 PM   #46
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December

Just saw it today. Loved it.

There were one or two scenes that felt odd, but beyond that this movie met and exceeded my expectations.

And people b*tching about inconsequential stuff should deflate their own fanboy egos. Windu DIDN'T go out like a bitch. He beat Sidious for crying out loud. Even Yoda couldn't do that. The wookie stuff WASN'T pandering. It was one of MANY worlds shown with clone army vs. separatists battles going on. Yoda wasn't the only one absent from Coruscant, hell, half the council were on random worlds. Yoda just happened to be bad assed enough to survive. And this "He didn't carry off the suit" nonsense. What? For like two minutes while he basically stands around and breathes? What is there to "carry off"?

I now (and this will probably change on any given day) rank them like this:

Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi*
Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

*Yes, the ewoks were annoying, but besides that Jedi is terrific. The acting, character development, cinematography, and that amazing space battle are all great.

Last edited by Zisteau; 2005-05-20 at 09:36 PM.
Zisteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 10:07 PM   #47
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Originally posted by the_escaflowne_2k
Also i was somewhat disturbed at how close Mace got to actually killing Palp's, if the emporer was so powerfull i doubt it really would have gotten that far.
I got the feeling that he was playin' possum and it was all a test of Anakin's loyalty. If Anakin hadn't stopped Mace, Palpatine would have killed him before the blow landed and then killed Anakin. I tend to feel that way because he instantly recovered and blasted Mace after his arm got cut off, while saying something like "limitless power."

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 10:10 PM   #48
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December

Oh...another note.

We never actually see Mace die. And we have seen him survive a fall from an extroardinary height before, and we have seen another jedi land on one of those air cars in mid-flight. Maybe he's not dead?

Old 2005-05-20, 10:17 PM   #49
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?
Wink

Quote:
Eveyone knows that in the original trilogy Yoda was on a comedown from the drugs he took in the recent trilogy...come on, how else would he be able to bounce around the place like that!?

Quote:
The wookie stuff WASN'T pandering
true, i don't think Chewbacca should have been thrown in there though, especially seeing as there was no reference of him being involved in the clone wars in the original trilogy.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Prowl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 10:22 PM   #50
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December
Smile

Quote:

true, i don't think Chewbacca should have been thrown in there though, especially seeing as there was no reference of him being involved in the clone wars in the original trilogy.
Yeah, but what we do know is that Han rescued him from slavery, and that the Empire enslaved Wookies. Guess what. We just saw what happened just before the Empire enslaved wookies. So it makes perfect sense.

Old 2005-05-20, 10:33 PM   #51
Bombshell
thinks puppet Angel David Boreanaz is dreamy...

...especially when he was kicking Spike's ass. ;)

Prowl, can you do everyone a favor, and take your hate out of this thread? (Or at least try to thinly conceal it for our benefit? Whichever you feel you can accomplish the best with the least amount of b*tching.) Your arguments are rapidly losing their credibility.

Bombshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-20, 10:39 PM   #52
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

WTF!? i love the film you freaking idiot. like everyone else here ive have weighed up pro's as well as cons. jesus man learn to read.

Quote:
Yeah, but what we do know is that Han rescued him from slavery, and that the Empire enslaved Wookies. Guess what. We just saw what happened just before the Empire enslaved wookies. So it makes perfect sense.
Cheers for the Filler Z, wasnt sure how he owed the life debt to han

Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Old 2005-05-20, 10:45 PM   #53
Bombshell

Quote:
WTF!? i love the film you freaking idiot. like everyone else here ive have weighed up pro's as well as cons. jesus man learn to read.
If you "love the film", then why the hell are you going on and on about the movie's supposed faults? Sure, I know this movie has its shortcomings, but then again, so did the others.

And quite frankly, even though I freely admit that there are small problems with the movie, I'm not about to do what you've done and go on and on about it.

Old 2005-05-20, 10:48 PM   #54
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravage
Overall I thought the movie was great.

Myself my biggest question now is was James Earl Jones doing Vader at the end of the movie? IMDB says it was and he was uncredited. I wonder why that is?

Anyway overall awesome movie. I just had to sit in my seat for the credits after just thinking wow.

Now I have the urge to buy the other five and watch them all again.
It was definitely James Earl Jones. Why he didn't get a credit I don't know. I didn't watch the credits with that much attention.

Old 2005-05-20, 10:57 PM   #55
Bombshell

Quote:
Originally posted by Zisteau
It was definitely James Earl Jones. Why he didn't get a credit I don't know. I didn't watch the credits with that much attention.
He's not. And he never was in the originals, either. At least not until the Special Editions.

Old 2005-05-20, 11:00 PM   #56
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombshell
If you "love the film", then why the hell are you going on and on about the movie's supposed faults? Sure, I know this movie has its shortcomings, but then again, so did the others.

And quite frankly, even though I freely admit that there are small problems with the movie, I'm not about to do what you've done and go on and on about it.
Would you please stop being such a narrow minded fan boy for at least 5minutes. look:-

decepticon megatron-
Quote:
The Bad...

- Count Dooku: Here's the guy in AoTC, who played an important part was shown as someone who you don't f'ck with. In this movie, he's in one scene, 1 scene! He had all, but I think 2 lines (cheesy ones at that too). He's killed so easily and quickly, I was like, WTF? Lame!

- Dialogue: Once again, our ears are filled with some lame cheesy one-liners and un-original script writing. Don't get me wrong, it was certainly better than the last two, but not by much.

- Mace Windu: I was hoping his fight with Palpatine was going to be long and unforgettable. Sorry to say, it was quick and I wished we could have seen him in action more. His death, however, was nicely executed.

- General Grevious: Here's a character that I thought could have been interesting, but with a 2 1/2 movie, it's hard to fit in any characterization when the movie's focused on Anakin and tying it in to the original trilogy. He reminded me of Darth Maul. He was only there as a fill in character for Obi-Wan to fight. It was tight how he was wielding 4 lightsabers though.

- The Jedis and their deaths: Man, this was what pissed me off most. The majority of them were backstabbed by the clone troopers and Lucas didn't show them putting up much of a fight. They basically just got blasted and that was it. Very poorly done.
Blitzwing 2-
Quote:
Negatives:
-General Grievous with lightsabers. I guess it's because of the Clone Wars, but he didn't do much when he fought with his lightsabers.
-Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto's deaths. I know Sidious is powerful, but he wasted the three in 7 seconds flat.
-No Shaak Ti! Not even a death scene. I was hoping she'd get a little screentime.
-Pacing. Few scenes were too rushed. Another 10 minutes wouldn't have killed the movie since people are willing to sit that long for these huge epic movies these days.
I, like many others in this thread, have merely voiced what we dont like about the film. there is no hate or malice, it is merely an opinion. i havent criticised other peoples views, and i havent got p*ssy about someone not sharing the same views. i love star wars and i loved this film, it's my favourite behind ESB. this wouldnt be much of a thread if there wasnt any opposing views or friendly criticism as discussion would soon roll to a stop.

Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Old 2005-05-20, 11:05 PM   #57
BigMaki

Quote:
Originally posted by Zisteau
And people b*tching about inconsequential stuff should deflate their own fanboy egos. Windu DIDN'T go out like a bitch. He beat Sidious for crying out loud. Even Yoda couldn't do that.
He didn't beat Sidious, as others have said. Sidious knew Anakin was there and played possum. You can see it in his eyes when he looks back at Mace after looking at Anakin. This guy did just take out 3 Jedi almost effortlessly in a 4-on-1 fight...

Quote:
The wookie stuff WASN'T pandering. It was one of MANY worlds shown with clone army vs. separatists battles going on. Yoda wasn't the only one absent from Coruscant, hell, half the council were on random worlds. Yoda just happened to be bad assed enough to survive.
Please explain to me how the conflict involving the Wookiees was vital to the advancement of the plot of RotS. And don't say because it had to show them getting enslaved, because we don't even get to see that. If he had given us a full battle, maybe, but we only get a few brief battle scenes. It felt tacked-on, in my opinion.

Quote:
And this "He didn't carry off the suit" nonsense. What? For like two minutes while he basically stands around and breathes? What is there to "carry off"?
I agree, though I hatehatehatehatehate the stumbling he does getting off of the table. I can understand him not being used to the artificial legs and all, but at least take some artistic license and go with what doesn't look goofy. They took license with the fact that Dooku got both his hands chopped off and it didn't exactly seem to bother him, yet Mace screams like mad when his hand gets cut off, so it's not like they don't feel it...

Quote:
*Yes, the ewoks were annoying, but besides that Jedi is terrific. The acting, character development, cinematography, and that amazing space battle are all great.
I have also realized that RotS makes the Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes that much better now that we have the full backstory of Vader's fall. Notice how each time he turns is when the Emperor is firing lightning at someone?

Nobody quotes my first post as being a detractor, guess it was too long to read.

Old 2005-05-20, 11:07 PM   #58
Bombshell

Quote:
this wouldnt be much of a thread if there wasnt any opposing views or friendly criticism as discussion would soon roll to a stop.
True, but there's a MAJOR difference between yours and everyone elses. They don't go on to complain about it as forcefully as you do.

And BTW...do NOT call me a fanboy. Ever. Again. Whatever else you or anyone else thinks, that is something I take GREAT offense to.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigMaki
Please explain to me how the conflict involving the Wookiees was vital to the advancement of the plot of RotS.
Go read the book. (Advice I'd give to anyone who has a problem with the movie's supposed shortcomings.)

Last edited by Bombshell; 2005-05-20 at 11:09 PM.
Old 2005-05-20, 11:11 PM   #59
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

Give me an example of a forceful post....

Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Old 2005-05-20, 11:18 PM   #60
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.

Right you two just quit it.

It's clear that this arguement will go nowhere and will serve no purpose other than create bad feelings and a wasted topic that started as enjoyable discussion.

Prowl1984 stop the tedious criticism. Its going nowhere and adds nothing to your inital points except your making me scroll further down to skip over the repetative s###.

Hint; everytime I see you post you write only 1 thing that adds to the discussion but its spread over 20 extra worthless posts. How about cutting it out in every damned topic and save the idle posts for the odd ocasion rather than every day.

Bombers cool it so we can get this topic back on track.