• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2005-06-02, 01:37 PM   #1
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Default Transformers: Redemption

Did they ever make anymore episodes? I liked the first episode.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2005-06-03 at 02:16 PM.
RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-02, 02:11 PM   #2
malcos

Dunfermline, Scotland

What is this "Transformers: Redemption"?

Thanks to Mininin for the sig.

Click here for Ravnica: City of Guilds spoilers
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
fuci, everthing that movew!
malcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-02, 03:49 PM   #3
RID Scourge
Lurking

It was a fan-made cartoon that took place after the G2 comic. The autobots and decepticons have been defeated by the cybertronians, through Starscream's betrayal. I think they may have only made one episode, but it was pretty good.

Old 2005-06-02, 04:49 PM   #4
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

The one by Draven?

He originally wanted to cancel it due to people using stuff from it without crediting him, I believe.

And now, after the recent incident with Don Murphy and him being relieved of his moderator duties over at TFW 2005, he's considering taking a longer break from the fandom as a whole...

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-02, 05:15 PM   #5
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

what occured at TFW2005? Ive been out of synch with that place for a while

CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-02, 07:52 PM   #6
Cassettacon 27

With Soundwave and the rest of the Cassettacons

I'm pretty sure that mention what happens in the "Transformers Ultimate Guide".

Joke. Noun. A thing said or done to cause laughter. Something not in earnest or ridiculous.

-Slash
Cassettacon 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-03, 08:00 AM   #7
wreckie
Dinobot

Perth Australia

Quote:
Originally posted by CounterPunch
what occured at TFW2005? Ive been out of synch with that place for a while
I'll attempt to put this in as un-biased a way as I possibly can. I'm a regular poster on Don Murphy's message board and this incident was a very bizarre introduction to TFW2005 for me, as I've just joined that site too

A number of members and a couple of moderators (including Draven) vented their anger over a few things Don Murphy's done that they don't like. (I'm not going to get into what they were.) They also said a few uncomplimentary things about Don Murphy's website, Don Murphy himself and the kind of people who post on Don Murphy's message board.

Then everything went insane for a while, courtesy of some pretty appalling behaviour from everyone concerned.

Don Murphy understandably objected to being called (among other things) a fat, egocentric, incompetant monomaniac and posted some pretty uncomplimentary comments about the moderators of TFW2005 on his own board.

Draven responded with some ill-chosen words of his own. Some of them were rather rude too. He and Don then had a big falling out. Nevermore also got upset because Don dissed his suggestions for alternative ways of communicating with fans.

I'd be really disappointed if Draven didn't carry on with TF: Redemption, because from what I've seen it really is a bloody amazing piece of work. The craftsmanship and attention to detail put Mainframe's efforts to shame. It's such a shame that arguments like this obscure the point of fandom: to enjoy it and share your interests.

Last edited by wreckie; 2005-06-03 at 08:05 AM.
wreckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-03, 10:27 AM   #8
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Cassettacon 27
I'm pretty sure that mention what happens in the "Transformers Ultimate Guide".

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-03, 02:38 PM   #9
RID Scourge
Lurking

I see. That's rather unfortunate.

I'm actually a bit put off by what I read from Don Murphy, myself. I plan to see the movie at least once, and if it's good, I'll get the DVD, but my expectations are low, seeing as a lot of the posts I've read from him come accross as very arrogant. I actually have a slightly higher expectation than I did before because in his first post, he referred to Beast Wars and the Dinobots as "****," which immediately gave me the impression that he was of the "tRukK n0+ MuNk33" persuasion, but I've decided to see what he does before I throw my tomatoes, as I've realized he might have just been saying one of those throwaway lines, the same way someone will list stuff, and say "you know, **** like that." That being said, he should be careful of the way he phrases things.

Old 2005-06-03, 04:32 PM   #10
wreckie
Dinobot

Perth Australia

I must confess I've never heard his opinions of Beast Wars, and the members of the forum seem pretty evenly divided between the "truck not monkey" mob and those of us who've seen the light

This may come over as me being an apologist for the man, but just try and look at things from his point of view.

Sure, when he's pissed off everyone knows about it. It probably goes hand in hand with being in Hollywood, where you don't earn points for mild manners.

Unfortunately some of us fans tend to get very proprietorial about "our" Transformers. There's nothing wrong with that as such, but then some of us think that our emotional investment in this franchise gives us the right to tell guys like Don Murphy how to do their jobs. And that understandably irritates him.

Now consider the fact that this huge, lumbering, slightly insane gestalt entity called fandom is a total stranger to this guy. His irritation might also stem from the fact that he's on a big learning curve here too. He's a bloke who makes movies, he doesn't know all the complexities of Transformers fandom and he's trying to find out as much as he can to try and get this movie right! He's in a frustrating, stressful line of work at the best of times. Having a load of anoraks periodically sending him hate mail for saying Megatron won't be a gun isn't going to help his mood.

But he's stuck with the message board and he's still hearing out our opinions over there. And - this is the most important part - he doesn't HAVE to! He's under no legal or moral obligation to listen to a damn word or hear what anyone has to say. And yet he does. He's given Transformers fans as a whole an unprecendented opportunity to directly influence how our heroes will be realised on the big screen. I can't think of any other Hollywood producer who's done that. Ever.

So maybe, just maybe, we all need to cut him a little slack.

Old 2005-06-04, 01:31 AM   #11
Darth Shrapnel

The happiest place on Earth (According to Krusty)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
He must`ve confused Redemption with Furman`s sequel to G2 (I forgot it`s name).

"Im drowning in footwear!"
Darth Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-04, 05:50 AM   #12
wreckie
Dinobot

Perth Australia

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Shrapnel
He must`ve confused Redemption with Furman`s sequel to G2 (I forgot it`s name).
Alignment, I think.

Old 2005-06-06, 02:23 PM   #13
RID Scourge
Lurking

Quote:
Originally posted by wreckie
So maybe, just maybe, we all need to cut him a little slack.
Like I said, I'm going to judge his movie-making criteria, based on the movie he makes. However, I think he comes off as a bit arrogant, which nobody gives me slack for when I act arrogant (nor should they. I actually am thankful that there are people to put me in my place), and my job is very stressful at times.

To tell you the truth, I don't really care what he does to the characters if it's a good story. He could make a character, named Scourge, who transforms into a poodle for all I care, as long as I like the movie. I just find it unnecessary to insult a huge chunk of transformers history. Sure, I don't like the original cartoon, but you wouldn't find me saying "Hey, I'm making a transformers movie. BTW, the G1 cartoon sucks ass." I'd know to keep that to myself.

Old 2005-06-07, 01:54 PM   #14
wreckie
Dinobot

Perth Australia

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
I just find it unnecessary to insult a huge chunk of transformers history. Sure, I don't like the original cartoon, but you wouldn't find me saying "Hey, I'm making a transformers movie. BTW, the G1 cartoon sucks ass." I'd know to keep that to myself.
Fair enough, but:

1. You're unlikely to be making a transformers movie in the near future, so it's impossible to know for sure what you'd do. If I was making it, I'm sure I'd be pretty full of myself.

2. The G1 cartoon was fairly rubbish. Enjoyable rubbish, beyond a shadow of a doubt, but still rubbish.

3. Poodle. I like it.

(Runs over to donmurphy.net. "Hey guys, I think we just found our new alt. mode for Arcee...")

Old 2005-06-08, 02:53 PM   #15
RID Scourge
Lurking

Quote:
Originally posted by wreckie
1. You're unlikely to be making a transformers movie in the near future, so it's impossible to know for sure what you'd do. If I was making it, I'm sure I'd be pretty full of myself.
Yeah, but I would hope that I'd be smart enough not to offend a portion of the fanbase (no matter how small) and then ask them for input.

Old 2005-06-08, 03:13 PM   #16
wreckie
Dinobot

Perth Australia

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
Yeah, but I would hope that I'd be smart enough not to offend a portion of the fanbase (no matter how small) and then ask them for input.
Generally speaking, he does it the other way around

Old 2005-06-08, 03:34 PM   #17
RID Scourge
Lurking

lol. True.