Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Closed Thread

Old 2005-05-19, 06:16 PM   #21
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Didn't say what Brend had competition for, did I?
Well, Brend isn't the only one with alt. IDs...

1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Old 2005-05-19, 07:15 PM   #22
Prime Maximus

Wasn't it reported that somehow Simon Furman would be a part somehow of the new Transformer's series. I thought I read that some where.

Either way, I'm pretty excited. I can't wait till October now...bring it on people. Let's thread some new waters here. As much as I wish the old DW story line would be done, I can pretty much forget it ever existed if the new story line is up to standard. Know what I mean.

Old 2005-05-19, 07:24 PM   #23
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Hound
Well, Brend isn't the only one with alt. IDs...
So is that your confession for also being Sheba?

On-Topic: Like Hound, I'll hold off on my opinion; however, unlike him, I just might pick up the final product and take a look to see if it's enjoyable or not.

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job!
Old 2005-05-19, 10:54 PM   #24
ryall
IDW Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Who cares? They're not ****ing Devil's "G.I.Joe versus the Transformers" Due. I like them already.
And I like you already! You had me at "They're not ****ing Devil's Due."

if you want more information on what our initial plans are for the book, creators, pricing, all of that, check out Newsarama.com tomorrow morn.

I tried to answer everything I could in that interview, but if you have more questions, ask away and I'll try to get to 'em. Today's been a bit hectic, as you might imagine...

Incidentally, it's not our plan to ignore the Dreamwave material or the unfinished material at all. As it stands now, Hasbro will have to directly address this situation, since they and Dreamwave have the whole bankruptcy to deal with, and those things drag out a while. But we have every intention of resolving this best we can, and releasing comics that never get released.

Anyway... hi! Hope you like what we have planned. And I hope to meet some of ya at Bot-Con in Dallas in September, too.

Chris Ryall
Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing

Chris Ryall
Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing

Last edited by ryall; 2005-05-19 at 11:04 PM.
Old 2005-05-19, 11:04 PM   #25
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Cool, nice to see someone doing the rounds. All the very best with the situation you've inherited, and don't mind the drooling fanboys too much—I think a decent portion of the audience have open minds.

Old 2005-05-19, 11:07 PM   #26
ryall
IDW Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
IDW? Incognito Dream Wave?
Hah--I can promise you that I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the DreamWave party.

Chris Ryall
Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing
Old 2005-05-20, 03:34 AM   #27
Commander Shockwav
Gestalt

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by ryall
Hah--I can promise you that I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of the DreamWave party.

Well, I'm happy to hear about your plans to wrap up the open ended DW stories like War Within Age of Wrath and the G1 ongoing.

And I'm more enthused with your communicating with the fanbase, something Pat Lee never did.

I hope you can find a place for the likes of Don Figueroa (if he's not tied down to Devil's Due) and James McDonough.

Just the fact that you are willing to come to the fans says a lot to me and gives me hope for the future.

Looking forward to it and the new twists that your company will put on our favorite bots.

Old 2005-05-20, 07:43 AM   #28
ryall
IDW Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Commander Shockwav
I hope you can find a place for the likes of Don Figueroa (if he's not tied down to Devil's Due) and James McDonough.
Don IS tied to Devil's Due... for now. But we've talked. I'm talkin' to a lot of people. I really liked some of the DW books and thought many of the artists were great, so even though we want to lead off by making our own mark on the property, we are talking to these folks to try to work something out. I'm like you (and everyone)--I think Don's great.

Old 2005-05-20, 08:44 AM   #29
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland

Sorry, but I take those messages with a little grain of salt. I don't quite understand why IDW Editor-in-Chief would post on a rather small (unfortunately true ) TF board, as Tfarchive.

Still, if you're really a real thing.

-Your message board will get a massive invasion. Please be more prepared than Dreamwave was. Moderation is unfortunately needed, if you're going to keep the forums tolerable.
-Don't listen fans too much when it comes to actual stories.
-I'd really love to see one-shots by various creative teams. "Transformers Quarterly"?
-Good luck.

Old 2005-05-20, 12:34 PM   #30
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Here's that interview...

http://www.newsarama.com/IDW/transfo...ormerstalk.htm

Have edited links into the top post.

GSOH, and the art peppering the article is interesting: nice and clean, strong colours. The "TFs as aliens and using transformation as a disguise as well as for mobility/firepower" angle is definitely something that's been ignored.

All sounds very fun, thought out and aimed at including people.

Old 2005-05-20, 01:32 PM   #31
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Here's that interview...

http://www.newsarama.com/IDW/transfo...ormerstalk.htm

Have edited links into the top post.

GSOH, and the art peppering the article is interesting: nice and clean, strong colours. The "TFs as aliens and using transformation as a disguise as well as for mobility/firepower" angle is definitely something that's been ignored.

All sounds very fun, thought out and aimed at including people.

I REALLY like the look of that "I want you" poster.

Old 2005-05-20, 01:34 PM   #32
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Osku
Sorry, but I take those messages with a little grain of salt. I don't quite understand why IDW Editor-in-Chief would post on a rather small (unfortunately true ) TF board, as Tfarchive.
According to the interview, Ryall DID lurk message boards. Which is a big plus.

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Old 2005-05-20, 01:38 PM   #33
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Nice to hear we'll be geting some closure on the unfinished stories, even if it's just a quick one issue wrap up in some cases.

Old 2005-05-20, 01:43 PM   #34
clos10

Florida

I guess we'll have to wait and see how well they can translate the classics into moderns.

Old 2005-05-20, 02:10 PM   #35
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland

Overall, sounds like they have realistic plans. Not sure if I'm that interested in the "back to basics" direction they're taking -> more OP and Megatron again , but if it's a good story, I'm in.

I'm more interested in those upcoming one-shots, and Beast Wars comic is again top priority for me. But what about Cybertron? I'd have thought that Hasbro demand a comic book of their current toyline?

"There will also be collections of out-of-print material, collections of past issues that have never made it to trade paperback form, and some other cool things, too."

If I read that right, IDW has rights to republish Dreamwave material. Finished TWW vol3 and Energon are quite safe bets as Furman is aboard. At least I hope so.

Old 2005-05-20, 02:48 PM   #36
Ozz
One with the Matrix

I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...

Quote:
If I read that right, IDW has rights to republish Dreamwave material. Finished TWW vol3 and Energon are quite safe bets as Furman is aboard. At least I hope so.
I was thinking, could it also mean Ancient Relics and Crisis of Command?

Old 2005-05-20, 02:55 PM   #37
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz
I was thinking, could it also mean Ancient Relics and Crisis of Command?
I doubt they'd reprint obscure Marvel UK issues Titan Books (Furman) decided to skip.

Still, I read that sentence again and it doesn't say "unfinished issues" as I thought for some reason.

Old 2005-05-20, 03:44 PM   #38
ryall
IDW Staff

Quote:
I'm flattered you think someone else would pretend to be me!

But this is all part of our new Transformers Outreach Program. No, not really--the way I've seen it, the past few months, I've hit a bunch of TF message boards (lurked, anyway) just to get a feel for what people are saying. And you all are the people who've stayed loyal to these books, so I just wanted to say hey and let you know that we're going to do our best to return some lustre to the TF franchise. It's not a question to me of what board is small or large, it's just about trying to spread the word to the fans who've been there through good times and bad.

Chris Ryall
Editor-in-Chief
IDW Publishing

Last edited by ryall; 2005-05-20 at 03:50 PM.
Old 2005-05-20, 04:07 PM   #39
Lambda prime
Unicron

North East UK

One cliche I want to see gone is Unicron, we know who and what he is, its probably why Armada didnt work that well, the entire 'Unicron is coming' plots of the DW comics were tiresome. If he's to appear in IDWs series, I reckon it should be quick just to be done with it and then introduce a entirely new villian or villians we havent seen. Some good old fashioned plots where the stakes aren't all of existance would be a welcome breath of fresh air.

I liked IDW's 'Remains' comic but wasn't so keen on 'Dawn of the Dead'.

Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Old 2005-05-20, 04:12 PM   #40
Jdwals

IRELAND

Ryall, if you really are the real slim shady I'd like to take the opportunity to wish you the best of luck with this venture and I hope that you can bring us all a super Transformers storyline well into the future.
Oh, and if you do continue to lurk the boards after the comic starts up, just don't take any criticism that might come your way personally, there are a lot of transfans with a lot of different points of views and it will be really hard to please everyone.

Best of luck,

JD.

Closed Thread