• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-05-23, 12:06 AM   #21
Brave Maximus
Cybertronian Paladin

Gehenna

Again, that doesn't make any sense. If you're going to re-work a gimick - to see if it works. Then you remould the part and see if it's viable. But to have a fully assembled and coloured proto-type - that isn't in the colours it's final production is going to be would be a waste of time and resources.

Brave Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-23, 12:22 AM   #22
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

I'm thinking the colored parts are older than you think. Possibly, they just took a test-shot of the original Scorponok and just switched the tail, and are calling it a prototype.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-23, 02:48 AM   #23
Bodycount
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
I'm thinking the colored parts are older than you think. Possibly, they just took a test-shot of the original Scorponok and just switched the tail, and are calling it a prototype.
You guys really don't know what you are talking about.

The remolded Scorponok tail is on a Scorponok toy because you can't send a remolded PIECE to your factory as a reference.
The toy will be fully repainted.
A test shot is produced to test the mold. Scorpy's mold doesn't need to be in different colors to be tested for stability, hence the usage of a retail product.

You guys should learn the difference between a prototype, test shot, and market sample. Most of the toys on ebay currently are just market samples. A test shot generally is unpainted, and may contain miscolored plastics. A market test is generally a completed item, with a few tiny mismarkings, like a "not for sale" stamp, or a miscolored faction logo. A prototype is rarely seen beyond the factory. The biggest show of prototypes I've seen was at this year's Toyfare, the Hasbro display. Mostly all of the alts(Prowl, Swerve) and the Cybertron toys were gray resin cast prototypes that had been hand painted. They are the product which Hasbro photographs for the boxes.

To the qouted poster, this is not an Energon Scorponok test shot with a new tail.
The only Energon test shots for Scorponok were different than the retail version. They had purple parts instead of black. I own all variations of this mold. The retail version of Scorponok never surfaced as a test shot.

The remolded piece was cleary attached to a BOXED product.
Usage of ones eyes would reveal that the Scorponok tail has the white tag in it that blocks the battery connection, which is used to save the battery's power and not have the toy screaming off while in package. That is clearly a retail product, torn from it's box, and customized/reconfigured by a Hasbro worker.

Bodycount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-23, 03:08 AM   #24
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

It's worth noting that common and dictionary senses of "prototype" are at significant odds with its usage within the design trade.

Prototype == anything before mass production.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-23, 06:09 AM   #25
Bodycount
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
It's worth noting that common and dictionary senses of "prototype" are at significant odds with its usage within the design trade.

Prototype == anything before mass production.
Yeah, and the dictionary would also say oxygen is what you breath, although I doubt you can breath under water.

Old 2005-05-23, 06:56 AM   #26
Brave Maximus
Cybertronian Paladin

Gehenna

Quote:
Originally posted by Bodycount
Yeah, and the dictionary would also say oxygen is what you breath, although I doubt you can breath under water.
Quote:
Dictionary.com
oxygen ( P )
n. Symbol O
A nonmetallic element constituting 21 percent of the atmosphere by volume that occurs as a diatomic gas, O2, and in many compounds such as water and iron ore. It combines with most elements, is essential for plant and animal respiration, and is required for nearly all combustion. Atomic number 8; atomic weight 15.9994; melting point -218.4C; boiling point -183.0C; gas density at 0C 1.429 grams per liter; valence 2.
Water a compound of 2 hydrogens and one Oxygen molicule - in a non-gasious state - therefore nothing can "Breath" it (Gills function very differently than lungs) - since you want to be a smart ass about it. But lets face it - this has nothing to do with the prototype.

Your tone and condesending attitude are certainly not needed. Auros has warned you once - and now you take a bad position with Denyer (probably one of the nicest around here). I don't know why you think the "Chip-on-the-shoulder, I-know-better-than-you" attitude is going to fly around here - but it isn't. You may have valid points - but they way you present them pretty much makes everyone tune you out.

Brave Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-23, 07:36 AM   #27
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
the dictionary would also say oxygen is what you breath, although I doubt you can breath under water.
You first with the hydrogen tank. I'm sure it'll be educational. Oh, and it's "breathe". You can certainly give breath (exhale) underwater.

Proto-, meaning original, -tupos, meaning model. Sadly we've bastardised the the first of the pair since Greek last saw it. Prototyping is now a process rather than a single act of creation.

It's nice that you're keen on dead words, but "first prototype" would suit your needs better. Or be unequivocal, anyroad...

Old 2005-05-23, 10:56 AM   #29
Ghirox

Quote:
Christ I hate this fandom.
Who ask you to register an account and post here? I'm posting for years without registering ....

OK, now, On Topic
Scorponok, the 2nd - you know that i don't like repaint, but this is a remold, so ... my opinon is that this is a better version for some aspect (they added something), but the worst possible new version - they remolded the tail adding a force chip feature, that meaning Scorpy fit into the toyline (the previous version doesn't ... ), but, a new tail? Not better than Saidos (the horn extend to became ... what?). finally, unsure of the color ...

Old 2005-05-23, 01:11 PM   #30
RID Scourge
Lurking

Quote:
You guys really don't know what you are talking about.
Hmmm . . . don't remember ordering a side of obnoxious asshole with my discussion . . .

Quote:
The remolded Scorponok tail is on a Scorponok toy because you can't send a remolded PIECE to your factory as a reference.
Nah ****, really?

Quote:
To the qouted poster, this is not an Energon Scorponok test shot with a new tail.
The only Energon test shots for Scorponok were different than the retail version. They had purple parts instead of black. I own all variations of this mold. The retail version of Scorponok never surfaced as a test shot.

The remolded piece was cleary attached to a BOXED product.
Usage of ones eyes would reveal that the Scorponok tail has the white tag in it that blocks the battery connection, which is used to save the battery's power and not have the toy screaming off while in package. That is clearly a retail product, torn from it's box, and customized/reconfigured by a Hasbro worker.
Regardless of what I called it, it's a new tail, placed on a pre-existing scorponok, which explains the colors. The only reason I called it a test-shot because I wanted a logical reason why they'd have a pre-colored Scorponok at hq, assuming they'd all ready moved all the Scorpy's they had . . .

Old 2005-05-23, 05:19 PM   #31
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Frank, that's only going to provoke further.

Bodycount, I think it would be best if you listened to Brave Maximus' latest post regarding your tone. I agree with it anyway.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-23, 06:04 PM   #32
Bodycount
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
Hmmm . . . don't remember ordering a side of obnoxious asshole with my discussion . . .

Nah ****, really?

Regardless of what I called it, it's a new tail, placed on a pre-existing scorponok, which explains the colors. The only reason I called it a test-shot because I wanted a logical reason why they'd have a pre-colored Scorponok at hq, assuming they'd all ready moved all the Scorpy's they had . . .
And you're missing the entire point.

They used a pre-existing toy for convenience, there is no reason to assume the toy won't be recolored.

And I really don't care if you guys like me or not, seriously.
This discussion isn't about a popularity contest, but you guys are taking it off-topic, not me.

Old 2005-05-23, 06:42 PM   #33
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
They used a pre-existing toy for convenience, there is no reason to assume the toy won't be recolored.
Yup. Not least of which is that most reuses in subsequent lines haven't been straight colour copies...

Old 2005-05-23, 07:07 PM   #34
Bodycount
Banned

I hope they keep most of the same colors, but paint it closer to the Energon toon version.

Old 2005-05-23, 07:41 PM   #35
RID Scourge
Lurking

Default Yay! I'm a kettle!

Quote:
And you're missing the entire point.
I guess so, Mr. Pot.

Quote:
That's what I said if you piece together everything I've said so far . . .

Old 2005-05-23, 08:28 PM   #36
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
You mean like Sunstreaker (Dead End) reusing Side Swipe parts, and the green parts on the white/Green Swindle were reused from Hound, right?

And again, I agree with Stu and Luke that EVERYONE should cool down. That accounts to BOTH Bodycount AND RID Scourge.

Mark, you're right, this isn't about a popularity contest, but there's also no reason for you to purposely LOSE in said non-existing popularity contest either.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-23, 08:38 PM   #37
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
And I really don't care if you guys like me or not, seriously.
This discussion isn't about a popularity contest, but you guys are taking it off-topic, not me.
It's not a popularity contest, but it's not a pissing contest either and there's no need for you to act like a jackass and condescend. We're a fairly friendly community here and unless someone's a racist or homophobe or something, you need to disagree with people without insulting them. If not, then feel free to leave at anytime.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-24, 10:12 AM   #38
Ghirox

The Collectors' Club exclusive
Just out of curiosity, his bio is available somewhere or not?
well, i really don't like a TF composed entirely of traslucent part, but, in his proper world, could be as enjoyable as an Energon Gestalt's limb could be (i preferred the old G1 Gestalt, their extra part add something to the look).
Remolded Energon Scorponok
Let me see the final poduct, out of the package and properly trasformed. Since then, i don't care if this is a prototype, test shot or project for a TF Pizza
Red Exilion
Nice paintjob, G1 Hot Rod reminescence ....

Old 2005-05-24, 11:01 AM   #39
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
The Collectors' Club exclusive
Just out of curiosity, his bio is available somewhere or not?
Not yet, no.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-25, 10:08 AM   #40
Ghirox

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
Not yet, no.
Tanks ... when they will post, i'll post my comment about story and toy