• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-06-09, 03:12 PM   #41
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
The most interesting thing about that was that Wildman seemed more excited and animated about just the possiability of working for IDW than I've ever seen him when talking about his work on War Within for DW...
He didn't seem especially happy last year, anyway. Wildfur had just started producing art packs of the inks for DA. I reckon it's hard to get enthusiastic about drawing when the colouring and production make such a quality hit...

G, please register. It'll let you edit posts, and avoid someone else getting the account first.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-09, 04:17 PM   #42
Bountyhunter
Gestalt

edgewater

Lets bring some of the lesser character to the forefront for once, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, Gears, Skywarp, Deluxe insecticons, Windcharger, Skids, Roadbuster, Whirl and, Huffer. Or how about the ones that were once prominient characters in the cartoons but basically disappeared like Hound, Mirage, Cliffjumper, Thundercracker, Brawn, Wheeljack, and Blue/silverstreak.

Bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-09, 05:32 PM   #43
Prime Maximus

I think some of the TF's shouldn't get an update as far as their alts are concerned. I mean for the sake of vintage right? Like Jazz, a porshe...from 1984...would you still see those around? Sunstreaker and Sideswipe..their alts would work today only because someone could see these cars and be like whoa...check those out, I haven't seen a lamborghini that old in years.

For Bumblebee, it would make sense for an upgrade, Ironhide and Ratchet...you know what I mean?

Prime Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-10, 12:00 AM   #44
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally posted by God Jinrai
... blackbird's not feasible as THAT design went out back in what, the 80's, early 90's?
They did, and were replaced by spy satelites. The problem with satelites, though, is that they fly by in regular orbital periods. Once the people you're spying on figure this out, it's not too hard to throw a tarp over anything you want to keep secret.

Thus, SR-71s are still in service.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-10, 03:46 AM   #45
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Quote:
Quoth Prime Maximus:
I think some of the TF's shouldn't get an update as far as their alts are concerned. I mean for the sake of vintage right?...
For Bumblebee, it would make sense for an upgrade, Ironhide and Ratchet...you know what I mean?
I'll agree with Ironhide and Ratchet, but Bumblebee? True, he could become a new Beetle and get away with it, but there still are plenty of old Beetles buzzing about the streets. How about this: Bumblebee starts as an old Beetle and becomes a new Beetle when he upgrades to Goldbug in seven or twelve years.

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-10, 07:51 AM   #46
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
more about restated Spiderman:

Time ago, a miniseries called Chapter One surfaced, in an attempt to rewrite the original stories for the modern era - the problem was that they simply rewrite the same stories, changing minor detail, with a modern look of the artistic part ----> tell not only stories set in the present, tell new stories!
UGH. Chapter One. I had just managed to forget that the damn thing exists, thank you.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-10, 01:23 PM   #47
Prime Maximus

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
more about restated Spiderman:

Time ago, a miniseries called Chapter One surfaced, in an attempt to rewrite the original stories for the modern era - the problem was that they simply rewrite the same stories, changing minor detail, with a modern look of the artistic part ----> tell not only stories set in the present, tell new stories!
Isn't that almost what DW was doing with G1 too?

Prime Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-13, 04:08 AM   #48
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

'Nother interview, this one conducted by KingMob:

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...ic.php?t=67514

Offers some background on IDW, and a bit on Chris Ryall's work on the Shaun of the Dead comic series.

Interesting TF excerpts:
Quote:
we’re gonna pack an awful lot into each issue. [...] I’m just not one for the whole idea of “decompression.” That word should maybe be switched with “meandering” in a lot of books that say they’re doing decompressed storylines.
Quote:
We’ve talked to Guido Guidi and James Raiz, among others, both of whom are doing some work for us now. With more to come.
Quote:
Transformers have been on Earth a lot longer than any human character in the books have been alive, so it seems to me that someone or other would’ve discovered them along the way. Tough to keep anything that size hidden forever… so I’m sure that certain people in various countries’ governments know of them, and have their own plans. They might even be working with them… and also working to discredit the average person who reports a sighting. But I’m sure there are Web sites and conspiracy sites out there that talk about these sightings… which is a small tease for something we’re going to drop on everyone between now and when the 0 issue launches.
Hmm... 'real' conspiracy spoof site? The interactive approach has certainly worked well for the recent BBC Doctor Who series...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-13, 09:40 AM   #49
Ghirox

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime Maximus
Isn't that almost what DW was doing with G1 too?
Chapter One or tell new stories? What they did, in your opinion?

The best example of restarted stories, overall, is the Ultimate line (Marvel comics)

Unsure about "real" site and their cooperation, but the fact that governement have their own plan about TF, while this type of site speak about sighting, sound realistic .... sort of TF X Files .... could work, probably, "mantaining a Robot point of wiew" as i stated in various movie related discussion

Old 2005-06-16, 02:12 PM   #50
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

So, um, I really haven't been following this too much, but have they announced a release date yet?

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-16, 03:15 PM   #51
Ozz
One with the Matrix

I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
So, um, I really haven't been following this too much, but have they announced a release date yet?
#0 in October, #1 in January and then monthly.

Possible other series, minis and one-shots.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-16, 05:29 PM   #52
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz
#0 in October, #1 in January and then monthly.

Possible other series, minis and one-shots.
Nice. Thanks for the info.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-17, 01:34 PM   #53
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Off-topic discussion about characters that died in the cartoon has been moved here. Please keep the discussion in this thread on topic, thank you.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote