The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2005-06-09, 04:55 PM   #1
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix
 
What?
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bountyhunter
Thundercracker, Brawn, Wheeljack
Well Thundercracker was reformatted and Brawn and Wheeljack died... so they didnt disappear from the cartoon...
 
CounterPunch is offline  
Old 2005-06-09, 05:15 PM   #2
DrSpengler
Primus
 
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by CounterPunch
and Wheeljack died...
He was sleeping!
 
DrSpengler is offline  
Old 2005-06-09, 06:12 PM   #3
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing
 
Denyer's Avatar
 
UK
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpengler
He was sleeping!


Ah, simpler fun times...
 
Denyer is offline  
Old 2005-06-09, 09:39 PM   #4
Bountyhunter
Gestalt
 
Bountyhunter's Avatar
 
edgewater
Default

To Counterpunch who said:
Well Thundercracker was reformatted and Brawn and Wheeljack died... so they didnt disappear from the cartoon...


In case you didn't notice transformers seems to being erasing the movie and while they did leave the show in pieces. they still disappered. As in never reappeared. Another note prowl died as well in the movie but he reappears in the fourth season why who knows.

My point though is very simple if you want to be a wise guy, at the very least do so a little more intelligently. Now I don't have a problem with you and hope this does not turn into some psychodrama or feud. you missed the inclusion of skywarp with thundercracker. also Huffer and Windcharger died as well. Sorry but if you are going to nitpick do not leave holes for me or . . .
 
Bountyhunter is offline  
Old 2005-06-09, 09:54 PM   #5
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing
 
Denyer's Avatar
 
UK
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bountyhunter
In case you didn't notice transformers seems to being erasing the movie and while they did leave the show in pieces.
Can anyone translate gibberish?
 
Denyer is offline  
Old 2005-06-09, 09:57 PM   #6
Ozz
One with the Matrix
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Bountyhunter
you missed the inclusion of skywarp with thundercracker. also Huffer and Windcharger died as well. Sorry but if you are going to nitpick do not leave holes for me or . . .
Oh, but you haven't named Skywarp, Huffer and Windcharger along with "the ones that were once prominient characters in the cartoons but basically disappeared", so there was no need for CP to mention them, right?
 
Ozz is offline  
Old 2005-06-13, 10:49 AM   #7
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix
 
What?
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bountyhunter
To Counterpunch who said:
Well Thundercracker was reformatted and Brawn and Wheeljack died... so they didnt disappear from the cartoon...


In case you didn't notice transformers seems to being erasing the movie and while they did leave the show in pieces. they still disappered. As in never reappeared. Another note prowl died as well in the movie but he reappears in the fourth season why who knows.

My point though is very simple if you want to be a wise guy, at the very least do so a little more intelligently. Now I don't have a problem with you and hope this does not turn into some psychodrama or feud. you missed the inclusion of skywarp with thundercracker. also Huffer and Windcharger died as well. Sorry but if you are going to nitpick do not leave holes for me or . . .
Conduct being a wise guy a little more intelligently? AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, I wasn't being a wise guy, you said that those characters disappeared, I merely corrected you in saying they didn't disappear they were given a sending off in the movie. Characters who did disappear were people like Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Mirage, Hound etc.

If you're midway through watchin a film with a mate, and he just missed someone getting killed and asks you "Wheres [insert character] gone" you don't go "oh he disappeared" do you? No because he died, he didnt just vanish.

I wasn't leaving holes for you, I did not mention those characters because you yourself did not mention them in your original post, simple as that.

It seems that you are the one being the wiseguy, there was nothing to my reply, but in yours you were attempting to play me down, make me look bad, but you failed because of what could be understood of your reply was complete bullsh*t

Oh and if you want me to nitpick I can, Huffer didn't die in the movie, he may well have died in the battle at Autobot City, but it wasn't in the movie, he wasn't shown to be dead at all until season 3.
 
CounterPunch is offline  
Old 2005-06-15, 04:10 PM   #8
Bountyhunter
Gestalt
 
Bountyhunter's Avatar
 
edgewater
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CounterPunch


Oh and if you want me to nitpick I can, Huffer didn't die in the movie, he may well have died in the battle at Autobot City, but it wasn't in the movie, he wasn't shown to be dead at all until season 3.
First of all, you are right huffer was never shown dead, you were just told he died. Second I realize I may have offended you, which was honestly not what I meant to do. I mean it in a light way and should have read it over again. I humbly apologize.
Lastly the characters who "died" had a habit of showing up again. ex ironhide and prowl both turn up in season 4 for reasons unknown. Wheeljack returns according to what I've heard in Victory. And Brawn is clearly visible in several episodes of season three. I simply do not trust death in transformers anymore then one should trust Star Trek for killing a character. That was the reason for my word choice.
 
Bountyhunter is offline  
Old 2005-06-15, 04:12 PM   #9
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix
 
What?
Default

You are following Japanese continuity when it comes to returning characters, I am not big on Japanese continuity but as far as I am aware they did not exactly follow the events of Transformers the Movie.

And the appearance of Brawn is seen as animation errors, because as far as I'm aware (i cannot remember specific instances but i remember them) he turns up with Decepticons.
 
CounterPunch is offline  
Old 2005-06-16, 04:13 AM   #10
Roadstripe
Registered User
 
Roadstripe's Avatar
 
The Sock Zone
Default

Might I point out that, just because we see a Transformer's carcass lying around, it does not mean he's dead. This was established in the very beginning with the post-crash Ark as seen in two cartoon series and one comic blook series. A crash and four million years of statis lock in the guts of a volcano does not do good things to robot bodies.


Matrix Forever (AKA the Movie) was hardly ignored in Japan. After all, Transformers 2010 (Season 3) relies heavily on it. MF was distributed about a year or two after 2010, but it seems to be accepted as part of the Japanese cartoon continuity. As far as I can tell, Wheeljack's sudden lease on life is the only major continuity "glitch" between the Movie and later series.


Anyway, we've seen characters come back from a lot worse.
 

Last edited by Roadstripe; 2005-06-16 at 04:16 AM.
Roadstripe is offline  
Old 2005-06-16, 01:33 PM   #11
Bountyhunter
Gestalt
 
Bountyhunter's Avatar
 
edgewater
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CounterPunch


And the appearance of Brawn is seen as animation errors, because as far as I'm aware (i cannot remember specific instances but i remember them) he turns up with Decepticons.
C minor episode he appeared with the autobots and I believe there was one or two others. The mian problem with saying some one died in a show like this is some one always seems to come back and change the death. Plus they are robots and who knows if the is a back copy of their brains hidden some where just waiting for a new body. Either way I am not unsure that those transformers who die are truely dead.
 
Bountyhunter is offline  
Old 2005-06-16, 01:54 PM   #12
Osku
One with the Matrix
 
Finland
Default

A little bit too off topic, yes? At least in News forum?
 
Osku is offline  
Old 2005-06-16, 02:12 PM   #13
Ghirox
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bountyhunter
Either way I am not unsure that those transformers who die are truely dead.
They simply return to the Matrix - one or two eps somewhere show dead robot to return from the Matrix: for example, BW Optimus was died, but then Rhinox recover his Spark and place the spark in a blank pod, creating the trasmetal version of the toy*; in the Masterforce series OP was supposed death, but was recreated/reanimated in the for of Star Convoy in the Battlestar Series. And also in the Armada series the most part of the character were supposed to be severely damnaged (dead?), only to be repaired (by the Minicon or Red Alert) in their respective new form. In one eps of G1 (when he fight with Megatron in the virtual reality) the brain of Optimus was copied in a compter disk, and then used to recreate OP again after his destruction ......

* .... unsure, anyway, about what is a blank pod or why the spark was affected by the quantum surge

D, a note about my username: is a joke, based on the similarity between my family name ( .... ) and the italian word Ghiro (=dormouse), that could work for me, but doesn't make any sense for everyone else .....
 
 
Old 2005-06-16, 03:13 PM   #14
Prime Maximus
Registered User
 
Prime Maximus's Avatar
 
505
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
In one eps of G1 (when he fight with Megatron in the virtual reality) the brain of Optimus was copied in a compter disk, and then used to recreate OP again after his destruction ......

That was from the Marvel comics.
 
Prime Maximus is offline  
Old 2005-06-16, 04:44 PM   #15
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadstripe
Anyway, we've seen characters come back from a lot worse.
True, but Prowl didn't justy die, his body was atomised in Dark Awakening (along with the other deceased Autobots). i can't see him coing back from that so the headmasters thing is just a classic cock up.

On the other hand... I have no problem with Wheeljack being in Masterforce as his name wasn't mentioned in DA, and only those Autobots who were definately on the tomb can be taken as being utterlly absolutely dead.
 
inflatable dalek is online now  
Old 2005-06-16, 07:20 PM   #16
Bountyhunter
Gestalt
 
Bountyhunter's Avatar
 
edgewater
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
True, but Prowl didn't justy die, his body was atomised in Dark Awakening (along with the other deceased Autobots). i can't see him coing back from that so the headmasters thing is just a classic cock up.

On the other hand... I have no problem with Wheeljack being in Masterforce as his name wasn't mentioned in DA, and only those Autobots who were definately on the tomb can be taken as being utterlly absolutely dead.
they said in that episode Ironhide (Who some how reappears), Ratchet, and Huffer. I don't remember Prowl, Brawn, Wheeljack, or Windcharger being mentioned but I think there was one more. Also Dark awkening had problems from day one, in the orginal airing had cliffjumper and bumble bee on the storage lockers. The next airing did not. I know this because I have a barely functioning beta machine that taped the orginal airing and the dvd with the new.
 
Bountyhunter is offline  
Old 2005-06-17, 09:31 AM   #17
Ghirox
Guest
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime Maximus
That was from the Marvel comics.
So this had been discredited somewhere because contain a different concept of the Matrix?

The essence of the TF "technology" is that the spark never die (i suppose) and could be used to revivie the character in some way.
 
 
Old 2005-06-17, 10:27 AM   #18
Osku
One with the Matrix
 
Finland
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghirox
So this had been discredited somewhere because contain a different concept of the Matrix?

The essence of the TF "technology" is that the spark never die (i suppose) and could be used to revivie the character in some way.
Cartoon and comic are different continuities, and the "rules" of those realities are slightly different. You can't just mix concepts from different continuities to support your opinion.
 
Osku is offline  
Old 2005-06-17, 11:01 AM   #19
wreckie
Dinobot
 
wreckie's Avatar
 
Perth Australia
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Osku
Cartoon and comic are different continuities, and the "rules" of those realities are slightly different. You can't just mix concepts from different continuities to support your opinion.
Why not? The mix and match approach works for me.
 
wreckie is offline  
Old 2005-06-17, 11:04 AM   #20
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bountyhunter
Also Dark awkening had problems from day one, in the orginal airing had cliffjumper and bumble bee on the storage lockers. The next airing did not. I know this because I have a barely functioning beta machine that taped the orginal airing and the dvd with the new.
Really?! That's the first time I've heard that- can anyone else confirm this new fact? Odd they'd go back and correct error's after broadcast but leave so many intact...
 
inflatable dalek is online now  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.