No, you're midland scum to me...
Are you pseudo-scottish then?

Lord Zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 09:08 AM   #22
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix

Cleveland, OH
Thumbs up New Doctor Who teaser trailer

Not sure how many folks here are fans, though I seem to remember there being at least a handful. I personally don't have much experience with the series (I recently watched the first serial and have read a few comic strips & short stories after listening to Inflatable Dalek ramble endlessly about it ), but this 27-second teaser has got me pumped for the new series. You don't get to see the Doctor, his companion, or any of his foes, but I've watched it at least ten times since I discovered it yesterday. Great stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/drwho...02/15823.shtml

Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 12:18 PM   #23
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.

I was a fan back in the day.

I've returned thanks to the DVD releases and am in love with Who again.

I'm quite looking forward to the new series but I'm skeptical to. The quality of writers is quite high and they are taking it seriously.

The teacer was quite well done.

"I'm 'The Doctor' by the way. What's your name?"

"Rose"

"Nice to meet you rose. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 12:39 PM   #24
Reverend Shrapnel
Misfit-loving, Afro-sporting, Linsey-worshipping Bug o' the cloth

Going down to the drug store, to have me some fun!

Christ, calling that a teaser just ain't lying is it? In any case, looking forward to some new Who...just hope it's better than that shocking 'movie' a few years back...By the by, Jetters, do you know if Ghost Light's out on DVD yet? Haven't seen it in a while and that's one of my favourite Dr. Who stories ever...

I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Reverend Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 12:41 PM   #25
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Reverend Shrapnel
By the by, Jetters, do you know if Ghost Light's out on DVD yet? Haven't seen it in a while and that's one of my favourite Dr. Who stories ever...
Yeah. It's been out for a few months now.

It was the first time I've seen it and I loved it. One of my fav stories.

Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 02:04 PM   #26
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Reverend Shrapnel
Christ, calling that a teaser just ain't lying is it?
It was originaly part of a press junket thing the beeb put on for journalists in order to promote their winter schedule, it's short because it would have been wedged between Holby City("Pissing your liscence fee down the drain") and Monarch of the Glen ("Racial sterotypes are fun!"). They just put it on the site as a treat for fans rather than the start of the advertising push.

I really like it (though the Farscape lite logo still has to grow on me). There's 17 pages of discusion on this trailer over at Outpost Gallifrey, which makes our disection of everything the TF movie people say look tame by comparision. My favorite thing, after it was revealed that the shot of Earth opens the first episode, was someone moaning about it being a huge spoiler... Because there's no way we'd have guessed the Doctor would wind up on Earth in England... :rolleyes:

Quote:
I recently watched the first serial and have read a few comic strips & short stories after listening to Inflatable Dalek ramble endlessly about it
I do not ramble, I share wisdom and knowledge in a witty style

Last edited by inflatable dalek; 2004-12-04 at 02:06 PM.
inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 02:45 PM   #27
Reverend Shrapnel
Misfit-loving, Afro-sporting, Linsey-worshipping Bug o' the cloth

Going down to the drug store, to have me some fun!

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek

I really like it (though the Farscape lite logo still has to grow on me). There's 17 pages of discusion on this trailer over at Outpost Gallifrey, which makes our disection of everything the TF movie people say look tame by comparision. My favorite thing, after it was revealed that the shot of Earth opens the first episode, was someone moaning about it being a huge spoiler... Because there's no way we'd have guessed the Doctor would wind up on Earth in England... :rolleyes:

So the legends were true! Redfus, fetch my mule, the hunt is on! Sunwards!

You know, I think I'm going to read this dissection just to see how it's humanly possible to over-analyse something so unanalysable. Is that a word? It is now...

I've only just realised my sig's been horribly misspelled for about a year or two. Aren't you happy you read that? While you're here, erm, impeach Nixon!
Reverend Shrapnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-04, 06:41 PM   #28
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

True, but the whole thing has been redeemed by Big John Shaft's rather brilliant send up of the Sun's recent stories on the show:

Quote:
WHO FANS HATE NEW WHO - AFTER ONLY 20 SECONDS!
EXCLUSIVE by Robin Bland

BARMY Dr Who fans have SLATED the latest version of the show - despite having seen only 20 seconds of it.
A brief teaser trailer shown on the Internet has sent die-hard Who nuts into a fury, with special effects, dialogue and even the show's new logo coming under fire.
Within hours of the clip appearing on the web, more than SIX HUNDRED messages had been posted on a Dr Who fan site. Although the teaser only includes one line from new Dr Who Christopher Eccleston - "Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!" - fans have dubbed the script "ordinary" and "lacking bite". Some enthusiasts have even complained that the TARDIS - the Doctor's time-travelling police box that appears briefly in the trailer - has "the wrong-sized windows".
One fan said: "I thought this was going to be Dalek-table but it just looks like rubbish. The producers should be exterminated!"
A BBC insider said: "Why don't you all just f**k off?"

Old 2004-12-05, 02:27 AM   #29
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

Yay, Robin Bland! Mind, I still agree with Lyons and Howarth... Dicks should have gone for Bert Thescripteditorisatosser. Hey, there's a thought - Terrance better be doing the books. This'll be handy for anyone who misses an episode as a quick scan of the chapter titles will reveal the entire plot.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 01:20 PM   #30
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I don't think Uncle Terrance has been let near the books since that prequel to Brain of Mobius that had the fifth Doctor slightly out of charecter as an evil warlord...

Of course, if Lyons and Howarth had their way Nicola Briant would be credited as playing Peri's Tits... Which isn't a bad idea now I think of it

Old 2004-12-08, 01:31 PM   #31
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Talking

Is this a good opportunity to link to Tachyon TV's latest issue?

No? Sod it.

http://www.tachyon-tv.co.uk/index2.htm

Several Who-related articles. Plus digs at just about everything else "cult" that's about at the mo.

When's the new Who series start, incidentally?

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-08, 01:52 PM   #32
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally posted by The HeartBrend Kid
When's the new Who series start, incidentally?
That's one of the things that's caused 17 pages of debate... Best bet is March, with January being the very earliest.

And Tachyon TV rules

Old 2005-01-03, 08:54 PM   #33
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Gratuitous Bump To Mention:

An slightly rejigged version of this trailer apparently went out before the controversial Vicar of Dibley New Years Day special on BBC 1, with a proper clip from the title sequence inserted... It can't be long now

Old 2005-01-04, 02:39 AM   #34
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix

Cleveland, OH

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
It can't be long now
And still no official word regarding a US broadcast. Although, I fear the show's widescreen presentation would not be maintained on US TV; in which case I'd be downloading the episodes anyway.

Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 05:21 AM   #35
Jetfire426
Gestalt

Great I Love Dr. Who...

the intros are so kick ass

One shall stand, One shall fall...
Jetfire426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-24, 02:05 AM   #36
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face [Doctor Who] I'm really trying, guys...

Really trying to believe in Ecclescake. But the teasers where he speaks. My God, he's that officer from 28 Days Later/that stupid carpenter/bloke off Jude/bloke off Shallow Grave/everything else he's ever played. When he says that "want to come wif me?" line or whatever, it sounds like he's going to show me a dodgily resprayed car or try to sell me a bit of wood wrapped in clingfilm. Oh God, it's going to be Doctor Who Are You Looking At, You Southern Ponce. Oh God oh god oh god think of Billie think of Billie think of Billie mmmm....

Old 2005-03-24, 02:10 AM   #37
Ultimate Weapon
Banned

The End of Time
Red face

ANDREW: You're English, right?
SPIKE: (frowns at him suspiciously) Yeah.
ANDREW: I've seen every episode of Doctor Who. (Spike continues frowning) Not Red Dwarf, though, 'cause, um...
JONATHAN: 'Cause it's not out yet on DVD.
ANDREW: Right. It's not out on ... (weakly) DVD.

~"Smashed"

Ultimate Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-24, 02:17 AM   #38
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Andrew must have used black magic of the highest order to have seen every episode [/nerd]

Old 2005-03-24, 02:38 AM   #39
Ultimate Weapon
Banned

The End of Time
Talking

I have never seen Doctor Who so really have nothing more to contribute. All I know, from ID's posts, is that British people talk a lot about it

Ultimate Weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-24, 08:54 AM   #40
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Andrew must have used black magic of the highest order to have seen every episode [/nerd]
That was pretty much my reaction, and I have seething indifference towards all things Who.

Why does he need a new companion anyway? What happened to the last one? Or do they just sod off whenever there's a regeneration?

"I like this life! Oh, you've got a new face. Bye!"

Seriously... I wanna know. And don't say expired contracts, dammit.

Where's Ace?

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote