News from Tokyo Toy Show: Binaltech, Galaxy Force, reissue Galvatron | MORE pics!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Ymir
Protoform

Binaltech Asterix promo art at Fantofan!

Post by Ymir »

There's a drawing of Red Alert at Fantofan.jp. Looks like he'll be a fairly straight repaint of Blue streak.

http://www.fantofan.jp

[EDIT] More news:

reissue Galvatron
EZ Collection Master Galvatron
Megalo Convoy
Soundwave toy

[EDIT2] Fantofan has Broadblast on it's order pages, it features a white Toyota BB, but only shows Skids grey testshot in robot mode

http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp/bta-3.jpg

Reissue Galvatron is planned for December, no pricepoint is known yet

black Fangwolf was also shown, go to their main page for pictures: http://www.fantofan.jp/

[EDIT 3] More pics, courtesy of bape2man:

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/News-Bin ... -Show-2005
Ymir
Protoform

Post by Ymir »

OhmyLord! Color pictures of Alert and Sunstreaker at the earlybird page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp.htm
Ymir
Protoform

Post by Ymir »

Judging by the pictures, BTA Sunstreakes has a slightly different paintscheme than his alternator counterpart.

Also pics of blue Prowl in robot mode!
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, it's settled, I'm gonna get alt Sunstreaker and BTA Alert. Don't need both Sunstreakers, and the figure's not that cool looking.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

No black stripes for Takara Sunstreaker. :(

EDIT: More news:

reissue Galvatron
Megalo Convoy
Soundwave toy
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

They didn't even re-mold the head. What a load of crap.

This is the first time I've ever said this, too, but the Alternator version is better than the BT version, IMO (talking about Sunstreaker, now).

Well...BTA will not be purchased by me, anyway. (even those little figures are really dumb) :(
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

Originally posted by Nevermore

indeed, but at least a very nice robot mode (I so hate the red upper arms that Hasbro gave to the Alt version)

why remold the sunstreaker head? it is Dead End who should have gotten a different head (but didnt thanks to fans that so wanted Decepticons yadda yadda you know the story already)

that black and red Toyota Scion, might it be Broadblaster or is it just a badly lighted Skids picture?
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Takara has gone cheap. Yes.

Smokescreen in number variations. Smokescreen GT in number variations. Tracks in colour variations. Meister in colour variations. Prowl in colour variations. Skids in colour variations.

Anyone else getting dizzy?

Wait, there's more! Streak and Dead End, along with the yet unreleased Skids, getting straight repaints and coupled with tiny female figures?

In the following months, we're getting 8 new binaltechs. One of them is a decepticon, two are new moulds with two colour schemes, and the others are plain re-colours. Is anybody besides me starting to get mad at takara for being so one sided?

Must be my love for decepticons, but this is really, really unfair. I'm waiting for their con remoulds, if any.

Cyclone, that's a prototype Skids. Not in the final colours, and certainly not blaster.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Originally posted by Cyclone_X
why remold the sunstreaker head?
Sorry...I wasn't talking about Sunstreaker when I was talking about the head. I was talking about Alert.

I mean...they went through the trouble of changing the mold slightly (diferent spoiler than Streak or Smokescreen, police add ons, etc.) why not at least give it the Red Alert head. :\
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

I mean...they went through the trouble of changing the mold slightly (diferent spoiler than Streak or Smokescreen, police add ons, etc.) why not at least give it the Red Alert head. :\ [/B]

His head is remolded, oddly enough, though I wonder what they were shooting for with it. (The sides of the head are not Silverstreak's nor Smokescreen's, at all). Not really G1 Red Alert, either, but they could have just popped on Sideswipe's head for that...

I.. dunno, honestly.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by TFVanguard
His head is remolded, oddly enough, though I wonder what they were shooting for with it. (The sides of the head are not Silverstreak's nor Smokescreen's, at all).

Prowl, mayhaps?
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Prowl, mayhaps?

It's got more ridges on the sides than I remember any of those three having, though it could be Prowl, looking at it. Could just be an odd look at it, though...

There's also some minor differences in the upper arms and upper legs, an extra 'seam line' that Silverstreak didn't have. There's a bit more work than I would have expected, making me wonder if there's another figure coming out based on the SRX after all. Maybe someone like Go Shooter? I'm at a loss for this one. :)

Edit - looking at a better shot of the artwork, it very well COULD be Prowl's head, rather than Silverstreak's. It's definately not Smokescreen's, though.
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

EDIT: More news:

reissue Galvatron
Megalo Convoy
Soundwave toy

Megalo Convoy link needs changing, currently its the samelink as EZ Megs.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Looks like Binaltech Asterisk is paying homage to Car Robots as well. (The figures are named AI and Junko, after the CR characters who became TAI and Kelly in RiD.)

I think I'll stick with Alternators. I just don't like those foolish-looking little humans.
Quoth Nevermore:
reissue Galvatron
Looks like he's going to be his "proper" gray color. ;) (I grew up with the comic which used the toy's color over the color used by the movie.) However, I'm sure there'll be a purple "Galvaplex" from eHobby sometime in the future.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
Takara has gone cheap. Yes.

Smokescreen in number variations. Smokescreen GT in number variations. Tracks in colour variations. Meister in colour variations. Prowl in colour variations. Skids in colour variations.

It has to do with the licenses from the car companies. Part of the deal was to put out the toys in the various cars standard issue colors as well as what Takara wanted. Thus, the simultaneous recolors:

Mazda--standard color is red. Thus, red meister and white meister at the same time.

Corvette--yellow. Thus, yellow tracks and blue tracks.

Acura--blue. Thus, police car version and a blue version.

Scion--what Skids is, and the other version will be the standard street color.

The mustangs and hondas come in grey and red to begin with, and the same for grey subarus and green jeeps.

Etc, etc, etc....

Aside from that, Binaltech molds have got to be expensive to design and produce, so recolors are just going to be part and parcel.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by the_escaflowne_2k
Megalo Convoy link needs changing, currently its the samelink as EZ Megs.

Fixed
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Good points Clay, I already had figured that [mazda and chevrolet]. It's just that it gets annoying after a couple of bots.

My main problems are:

1) Starting from september, we're getting cramped releases. Three bots on that month, then two on november. That's a lot of money spent over a short period for those who collect them.

2) There are 7 new figures pending, and only one is a Decepticon. Would it really hurt if the recolours were out as evil characters? I dislike having to wait 5 months to get a character I like.

I really, really want to see characters like Onslaught, Brawl, Motormaster and Starscream out with the afforementioned higher price point...
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by Knightdramon
My main problems are:

1) Starting from september, we're getting cramped releases. Three bots on that month, then two on november. That's a lot of money spent over a short period for those who collect them.

Yep. That's why I'm saving up money now, in July. I should be able to hoard up enough before classes start in the fall to tackle all the variants that are coming.
Cyclone_X
Protoform

Post by Cyclone_X »

Fantofan has Broadblast on it's order pages, it features a white Toyota BB, but only shows Skids grey testshot in robot mode

http://www.fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp/bta-3.jpg

Reissue Galvatron is planned for December, no pricepoint is known yet

black Fangwolf was also shown, go to their main page for pictures: http://www.fantofan.jp/
BTFA, 2 year anniversary
the angel of death
Protoform

Post by the angel of death »

does anyone have any idea what "lazerbeak" transforms into?, because on the concept drawings it became an engine, but in the picture of soundwave in jet mode there are no engines to be seen.

so i was wondering where does "lazerbeak" go when soundwave is in jet mode?

anyone got any ideas.