Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Closed Thread

Old 2005-09-09, 01:34 AM   #21
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally posted by SynjoDeonecros
I'm not kidding when I said I've got a limited budget (my spending money's usually around $50-$100 a month, and most of that's having to go towards food)
Then don't be buying damn kids' toys for yourself! It's not that hard a sacrifice to make...

Quote:
So, once again, I reiterate: I know they're thinking of putting off carrying the Alternators line for a while, but are they doing the same thing with the Cybertron line? I have NOT gotten an answer about this, and I would love to get one. Thank you.
You got your answer in the very first reply, as you noted yourself:

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberstrike nTo
Read this thread and it will hopefully answer all of your questions.

That just tells me about the Alternators line, not the Cybertron line. Thanks, anyway.

The Alternators line has been discontinued at Walmart for the moment. No where in that announcement, or in any other announcement, has it been mentioned that the Cybertron line will not being carried, so don't get yourself so worked up.

Old 2005-09-09, 01:46 AM   #22
SynjoDeonecros

Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond imagination.

Quote:
Originally posted by Clay
[B]Then don't be buying damn kids' toys for yourself! It's not that hard a sacrifice to make...

Hey, I wouldn't even BE here if Transformers toys weren't of interest to me, alright? And if you're going to bitch at me for buying 'damn kids toys', then what are YOU doing here, in the first place, hmm?

Quote:
You got your answer in the very first reply, as you noted yourself:

The Alternators line has been discontinued at Walmart for the moment. No where in that announcement, or in any other announcement, has it been mentioned that the Cybertron line will not being carried, so don't get yourself so worked up.
Still, that's only for the ALTERNATORS LINE! It was specifically for the Alternators line, so it would make sense that the Cybertron line wouldn't be mentioned. There could very well be an announcement of that type for the Cybertron line, as well. THe fact that it seems like Wal Mart is getting Cybertron-deficient seems to indicate that they ARE thinking about it, at the very least. I've gotten no answer one way or the other about this, and would like to get one instead of this stupid evasive maneuver crap you keep on throwing at me to dodge the issue.

Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
For there can be no strength without weakness...
No knowledge without ignorance...
No life without death...
And no light...without darkness...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Old 2005-09-09, 01:56 AM   #23
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Quote:
Hey, I wouldn't even BE here if Transformers toys weren't of interest to me, alright? And if you're going to bitch at me for buying 'damn kids toys', then what are YOU doing here, in the first place, hmm?
You must be retarded to not understand him, your posts seem to back my hypothesis up.

He is saying you shouldn't be buying kids toys because you only have $100 a month and also need to buy food. Food usually more important than Transformers.

But if you want to starve yourself to buy toys, it might be better in the end.

Quote:
Still, that's only for the ALTERNATORS LINE! It was specifically for the Alternators line, so it would make sense that the Cybertron line wouldn't be mentioned.
But you can bet that if the Cybertron line was going to be affected it would have been mentioned there or else where.

Quote:
There could very well be an announcement of that type for the Cybertron line, as well. THe fact that it seems like Wal Mart is getting Cybertron-deficient seems to indicate that they ARE thinking about it,
Or just your store is. Wal-Mart doesn't mass order for all their stores. Each individual store orders what they want or need. Your store might not be making any profit on the Cybertron line and is cutting back.

Quote:
at the very least. I've gotten no answer one way or the other about this, and would like to get one instead of this stupid evasive maneuver crap you keep on throwing at me to dodge the issue.
To take a page from Cliffy:

You're retarded

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Old 2005-09-09, 02:15 AM   #24
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
I've gotten no answer one way or the other about this, and would like to get one instead of this stupid evasive maneuver crap you keep on throwing at me to dodge the issue.
Well, here's a multi-coloured ****ing clue for you. Maybe it isn't actually an issue at all because it isn't happening. Last time I checked, Clay didn't actually own Wal*Mart [I'm right on this, aren't I?]. Now, has the idea occured to you to actually go into Wal*Mart and ask someone who might know, like, y'know, the store manager?

Old 2005-09-09, 02:24 AM   #25
SynjoDeonecros

Quote:
Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
You must be retarded to not understand him, your posts seem to back my hypothesis up.

He is saying you shouldn't be buying kids toys because you only have $100 a month and also need to buy food. Food usually more important than Transformers.

But if you want to starve yourself to buy toys, it might be better in the end.

But you can bet that if the Cybertron line was going to be affected it would have been mentioned there or else where.

Or just your store is. Wal-Mart doesn't mass order for all their stores. Each individual store orders what they want or need. Your store might not be making any profit on the Cybertron line and is cutting back.

To take a page from Cliffy:

You're retarded
*rolls eyes* If I was retarded, would I have the kind of advanced linquistics that I continuously show in my posts? I don't think so.

And as far as my money situation goes, I said that MOST of it goes to food; I usually have around $10-$20 left to spend on things for myself (thank god for Oregon's lack of sales tax), and depending on what I'm itching to buy, that month, I'd be happy to buy a Cybertron toy or something. I am a very money-minded person, and can very much hold off for a while to buy them. However, since Wal-Mart, right now, IS the only place I can go to buy Transformers toys, and considering both the fact that they've officially announced they're discontinuing carrying the Alternators line for at least until next year, and that at least my Wal-Mart (and I HAVE heard similar instances elsewhere in the country) that they Cybertron line is getting sweezed out in favor for more Ninja Turtle and Power Rangers crap, it got me a tad worried. I don't mind waiting a month or two, but let's be honest here, people: if Wal-Mart is is doing this kind of crap, even if they claim it to be temporary, something's going on with the line.

Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

"Unicron, my master. With this, I will make you...my slave..." Galvatron, Transformers: The Movie
Old 2005-09-09, 03:03 AM   #26
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck
Red face

Quote:
*rolls eyes* If I was retarded, would I have the kind of advanced linquistics that I continuously show in my posts? I don't think so.
Well if you weren't you might have spelt linguistics right.

Quote:
And as far as my money situation goes, I said that MOST of it goes to food; I usually have around $10-$20 left to spend on things for myself (thank god for Oregon's lack of sales tax),
It still isn't money-wise to waste would could be needed money on an un-needed toy.

Quote:
and depending on what I'm itching to buy, that month, I'd be happy to buy a Cybertron toy or something. I am a very money-minded person, and can very much hold off for a while to buy them.
It honestly doesn't sound like it.

Quote:
However, since Wal-Mart, right now, IS the only place I can go to buy Transformers toys, and considering both the fact that they've officially announced they're discontinuing carrying the Alternators line for at least until next year, and that at least my Wal-Mart (and I HAVE heard similar instances elsewhere in the country) that they Cybertron line is getting sweezed out in favor for more Ninja Turtle and Power Rangers crap, it got me a tad worried.
It's like those people who believe chain messages on YIM and AIM that say thay Yahoo or AOL are going to start charging for the service. You never react until you get word from the company. It's on a store to store bases, what ever sells better that store buys.

Quote:
I don't mind waiting a month or two, but let's be honest here, people: if Wal-Mart is is doing this kind of crap, even if they claim it to be temporary, something's going on with the line.
Yes, the Alternator's line. Not Cybertron. Alternator's is the same product name but a different line. Stopping Alternator's doesn't stop Cybertron.

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Old 2005-09-09, 03:27 AM   #27
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Quote:
Well if you weren't you might have spelt linguistics right...

...to waste would could be needed...

I was just at my local WalMart in Washington State yesterday and it had tons of Cybertron TFs on the shelves. It sounds like you may just have an issue with your own store.

As you may have been able to ascertain from the rest of the posts in this thread there has been no word of Wal Mart discontinuing the TFs line altogether, only Alternators...

1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Old 2005-09-09, 03:27 AM   #28
SynjoDeonecros

Quote:
Well if you weren't you might have spelt linguistics right.

It still isn't money-wise to waste would could be needed money on an un-needed toy.

It honestly doesn't sound like it.
Okay, screw you. You bash on me over worrying what the one department store chain I have in my city might be doing with the entire Transformers toy line, calling me retarded and a stupid spendthrift for spending a couple of bucks per month for one stinking little toy, when you guys go around touting your legions of toys you bought over the same timeline for far more than I do? You know what that's called? HYPOCRISY, MORONS! Not ALL of us have mounds of money we can spend online on outrageously-priced groups of toys at any given moment. All I asked is one simple little quesiton about the state of Transformer toys at Wal-Mart, and you have to sidestep the issue and then have to string me up on the cross because, hey, maybe I don't have the means to buy toys off the internet, and have to make due with the singe Wal-Mart I have in-town. If that's the case, then you can just kiss my furry striped ass and go to hell, because I refuse to be the butt of your insecure high-dollar crap anymore. Good day to you all.

Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Old 2005-09-09, 05:12 AM   #29
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
bollocks bollocks bollocks when you guys go around touting your legions of toys you bought over the same timeline for far more than I do? You know what that's called? HYPOCRISY, MORONS!
I can't remember the last time SA posted to say he'd bought a toy, and I haven't paid for a TF in... oooh, six months plus? Maybe closer to nine? I think Energon Starscream was the last. And FYI, the only store in the town where I live is an independant place that has a glorious mix of Armada and Energon Scavengers. Ooooh.

Quote:
All I asked is one simple little quesiton about the state of Transformer toys at Wal-Mart, and you have to sidestep the issue and then have to string me up on the cross because, hey, maybe I don't have the means to buy toys off the internet, and have to make due with the singe Wal-Mart I have in-town.
Oh, you're breaking the ****ing heart of me and everyone else from outside of North America with that. Oh, only one store in town stocks the new stuff... Christ. However will you survive?

Quote:
If that's the case, then you can just kiss my furry striped ass and go to hell, because I refuse to be the butt of your insecure high-dollar crap anymore. Good day to you all.
Yeh, because everyone's been mocking your lack of money. Where's anyone gone "Your fault for being a poor bastard." Where exactly? I have to keep my own purchases down due to having to pay for rent, food etc, and usually only get money for inessential purchases by selling stuff. And to be honest, anyone here who spends a lot on TFs generally does so because they earn enough from their work to spend money on the stuff, and more power to them. But again, nobody's waving their wads of cash at you, so stop playing martyr.

And for someone who's bid us all Good day, you're sure loitering at the top of the page a fair bit. Calm down, get some perspective, and realise that your question was answered some considerable time ago as "Wal*Mart aren't cancelling Cybertron as far as anyone knows". Like I say, have you tried asking the manager at the Wal*Mart? He's going to have a better idea than people on an internet discussion board who don't have managerial positions in Wal*Mart.

Old 2005-09-09, 05:19 AM   #30
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Quote:
Okay, screw you. You bash on me over worrying what the one department store chain I have in my city might be doing with the entire Transformers toy line,
No I bash you for saying you don't have an answer even though you blatantly do.

Quote:
calling me retarded and a stupid spendthrift for spending a couple of bucks per month for one stinking little toy, when you guys go around touting your legions of toys you bought over the same timeline for far more than I do?
I own three toys. G1 Brawn, Blaster and Takara Re-Issue Jazz. I have more important things to spend money on than toys I will just look at. Ever notice how I am never in this forum?

Quote:
You know what that's called? HYPOCRISY, MORONS! Not ALL of us have mounds of money we can spend online on outrageously-priced groups of toys at any given moment.
Your right, and those of us that can't, don't. Those of us that don't want too, don't. But for somepeople and in some cases it's a lot easier to get stuff online (Like my Takara re-issue).

You know what a moron calling a moron is?

Quote:
All I asked is one simple little quesiton

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem...
Quote:
about the state of Transformer toys at Wal-Mart,
And atleast four people answered you, just you didn't like their answers even though they were all correct.

Quote:
and you have to sidestep the issue
No one side-stepped the issue, almost all of them answered the question with what would be the correct answer.

Quote:
and then have to string me up on the cross because, hey, maybe I don't have the means to buy toys off the internet, and have to make due with the singe Wal-Mart I have in-town.
I strung you up on the cross because you were being dumb. I at no point said you had to buy off the internet, I just pointed out that Cybertron was not being discontinued just because Alternators was for the time being and that your store had low supply.

I called you an idiot because you missed the point of other's posts and then get mad at them because you were too stupid to interpret what they where saying. There's a difference.

Quote:
If that's the case, then you can just kiss my furry striped ass and go to hell, because I refuse to be the butt of your insecure high-dollar crap anymore. Good day to you all.
K, fine by me. Just promise not to come back and we'll be swell.

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Old 2005-09-09, 05:44 AM   #31
SynjoDeonecros

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
[B]I can't remember the last time SA posted to say he'd bought a toy, and I haven't paid for a TF in... oooh, six months plus? Maybe closer to nine? I think Energon Starscream was the last. And FYI, the only store in the town where I live is an independant place that has a glorious mix of Armada and Energon Scavengers. Ooooh.
*rolls eyes* Could've fooled me, especially the way you keep on telling me "Oh, you can go online here, and here, and here, and even here if you don't want to buy at Wal-Mart. " Usually, that means you've bought enough from all of those places to have a big collection, otherwise you wouldn't even KNOW about them and/or how 'cheap' they are price-wise.

Quote:
Oh, you're breaking the ****ing heart of me and everyone else from outside of North America with that. Oh, only one store in town stocks the new stuff... Christ. However will you survive?
Correction, only one store that I can go for the toys PERIOD. I'm well aware that other people outside of the US are in similar situations. Considering that this is mainly a US problem, I wouldn't really expect you to understand (I haven't really heard of any complaints about this particular subject OUTSIDE of the US, after all).

Quote:
Yeh, because everyone's been mocking your lack of money. Where's anyone gone "Your fault for being a poor bastard." Where exactly? I have to keep my own purchases down due to having to pay for rent, food etc, and usually only get money for inessential purchases by selling stuff. And to be honest, anyone here who spends a lot on TFs generally does so because they earn enough from their work to spend money on the stuff, and more power to them. But again, nobody's waving their wads of cash at you, so stop playing martyr.
Actually, it was your apparent assumption that I DID have the money to buy online, and kept on referring me to online stores with prices MORE than what they are at Wal-Mart to help 'solve my problem' instead of actually answering the damn question I posted, that I'm so pissed about. It's been my experience that, when people continue to insist that you buy online and buy in bulk and other high-priced crap like that, they're usually drowning-in-money rich and assume that everyone else in the fandom that they're in are in a similar monetary position. Hey, I can respect the working man's collectors out there; it took me quite a while to save up enough money to accumulate my complete Transmetal 2 collection, all while trying to keep a job and pretty much live for myself. But when people start telling me 'If you're that concerned about Wal-Mart, why don't you go here and here and here and buy out the entire toy line from them?", it makes me wonder whether or not they actually worked for the money to buy their toys, or if they just whined and complained to their Daddy Warbucks for an advance on their allowance.

PS. I actually DID check out those sites that you directed me to, and actually considered using that as an alternative to Wal-Mart (I do the same with Yugioh cards, if I need a specific card). And no, it is NOT cheaper to buy from those stores online than it is to just head over to Wal-Mart and buy the toy off the shelves. I've checked, and it's enough of a difference to put me off. I MAY consider Ebay, depending on whether or not the Lio Convoy toy I got for $20 on there gets to my doorstep in a reasonable ammount of time and in good condition.

Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Old 2005-09-09, 06:07 AM   #32
SynjoDeonecros

Quote:
No I bash you for saying you don't have an answer even though you blatantly do.

I own three toys. G1 Brawn, Blaster and Takara Re-Issue Jazz. I have more important things to spend money on than toys I will just look at. Ever notice how I am never in this forum?

Your right, and those of us that can't, don't. Those of us that don't want too, don't. But for somepeople and in some cases it's a lot easier to get stuff online (Like my Takara re-issue).

You know what a moron calling a moron is?

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahem...

And atleast four people answered you, just you didn't like their answers even though they were all correct.

No one side-stepped the issue, almost all of them answered the question with what would be the correct answer.

I strung you up on the cross because you were being dumb. I at no point said you had to buy off the internet, I just pointed out that Cybertron was not being discontinued just because Alternators was for the time being and that your store had low supply.

I called you an idiot because you missed the point of other's posts and then get mad at them because you were too stupid to interpret what they where saying. There's a difference.

K, fine by me. Just promise not to come back and we'll be swell.
Okay, I asked about the possibility of Wal-Mart completely discondinuing carrying the Cybertron line as well as the Alternators line for the time being, and it quickly turned into an argument over why I needed to shop at Wal-Mart and why I couldn't shop at Target or any of the online stores. Yes, I was told that the announcement Wal-Mart had about the Alternators line said nothing about the Cybertron line, but I also pointed out that that means dick, since it was specifically for the Alternators line, and they could very well be making up a similar announcement as we speak about the Cybertron line. I didn't mention it, though I should have, but I also do believe that there are very strong rumors that the Cybertron line, both the toys AND the cartoon, are on the verge of being cancelled, strengthening my concern. If the rumors prove true, the lack of Cybertron toys at my city's (and other cities', from what I've heard) Wal-Marts may be their attempt to prevent having a ton of merchandise that they can't sell after the line's cancellation, leading to lost revenue. But that's beside the point here; the point here is, that most of the posts here were all about why I couldn't buy from online stores instead of worrying about Wal-Mart. Who the crap cares about my reasons for shopping at Wal-Mart? I asked what was going on with them, not where I should go to shop besides Wal-Mart. I may be wrong in my concerns, but you cannot deny that, with the Alternators line being dropped for the time being by Wal-Mart, and the rumors of the Cybertron line being cancelled soon, it IS a legitimate concern for me, as a Transformer fan and collector. Call me paranoid, call me a dumbass, I don't give a crap, anymore. I'm just a Transfan worried over the state of a franchise that I happen to like and enjoy. If that makes me a stupid idiot in your eyes, then what in the hell are you doing here? You might as well crawl back to SomethingAwful.com or wherever you came from and let us enjoy our 'kids toys' in peace.

Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Old 2005-09-09, 06:37 AM   #33
Clay

Murray, KY
Angry

Quote:
Actually, it was your apparent assumption that I DID have the money to buy online, and kept on referring me to online stores with prices MORE than what they are at Wal-Mart to help 'solve my problem' instead of actually answering the damn question I posted, that I'm so pissed about. It's been my experience that, when people continue to insist that you buy online and buy in bulk and other high-priced crap like that, they're usually drowning-in-money rich and assume that everyone else in the fandom that they're in are in a similar monetary position. Hey, I can respect the working man's collectors out there; it took me quite a while to save up enough money to accumulate my complete Transmetal 2 collection, all while trying to keep a job and pretty much live for myself. But when people start telling me 'If you're that concerned about Wal-Mart, why don't you go here and here and here and buy out the entire toy line from them?", it makes me wonder whether or not they actually worked for the money to buy their toys, or if they just whined and complained to their Daddy Warbucks for an advance on their allowance.
Wow... just, wow.

Since a couple of those pertain to me, I'll just quote my original posts, with emphasis on the parts you did not read.

Quote:
But, yeah: if you're worried about shipping costs, just hoard up your pennies for a while and then order a bunch of figures all at once, and it'll still only cost $7 to ship it.

Technically, if you could wait long enough, and if they could keep a few of every figure in stock long enough, you could order the entire Cybertron line and have it shipped for $7. Can't beat that...
And...

Quote:
(I'd rather head downtown to Wal-Mart to buy my Cybertron Snarl.)

Well, then you're at their (walmart's) mercy. If you can't find it at the walmart, you may just have to live without it.
Do you have to know how I pay for the damn things? My first big spree came after I recieved an inheritence of $14,650. $13,000 went straight back to the family business. The remaining $1600 was split among the veterinarian, the chiropractor, and toys. The next one came after I had recieved my tax return earlier this year. Most all of the figures bought in between were purchased from money that I had recieved from selling my Magic card collection, which had taken me eight years to work up.

Over the summer, I worked out at the family produce store, and calculated up the total cost of all the toys that I would want for the entire fall, and put that money in the savings account for the meantime. Not all of them fit into that budget, so I won't be getting all the ones I want. I'm OK with that. If I want some quick cash to get something, I sell some of the ones I already have.

For example, I would like a Masterpiece trailer to go with my Prime, because I think it would be a great piece to use hold all the assorted extra and loose parts some of the earlier figures have, and it would come in handy for the photo stories I do for the site. But it's expensive. My solution? I do without. It's no big deal. Hell, I do the photo stories to help justify the amount of money I've already spent in a way that I'm actually doing something with them, instead of just letting them gather dust on the shelf.

I buy what I like that I can afford, and make adjustments accordingly. For instance, I've made the decision to not get a new computer, since this one does everything I need it to do, and has done so for the last five years. This frees up money for figures.

When I have classes in the fall/spring, I don't work at the farm, so I don't have any money. So, I don't buy any toys until the summer comes around, unless I've saved up from the previous summer.

The overall point is that these are luxury items. They are not essential. If you're unwilling pay more than what walmart charges, and you can't find them at walmart, then do without them.

And to answer your question for the umpteenth time, so far as anyone here knows, no, Cybertron will not be discontinued at walmart. If you want a more official answer, go ask a walmart executive, or the manager of your local store.

Old 2005-09-09, 06:51 AM   #34
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Quote:
*rolls eyes* Could've fooled me, especially the way you keep on telling me "Oh, you can go online here, and here, and here, and even here if you don't want to buy at Wal-Mart. " Usually, that means you've bought enough from all of those places to have a big collection, otherwise you wouldn't even KNOW about them and/or how 'cheap' they are price-wise.

Correction, only one store that I can go for the toys PERIOD. I'm well aware that other people outside of the US are in similar situations. Considering that this is mainly a US problem, I wouldn't really expect you to understand (I haven't really heard of any complaints about this particular subject OUTSIDE of the US, after all).

Ah, so many things to say, so little space.

You can SEE how cheap or expensive an online toystore is by just checking their product pages. You can find out about them from other people's posts in this forum or others. When I occasionaly bash BBTS for having inflated prices, I check around to see the prices at that moment and then post.

Apparently you missed Cliffjumper's paragraph about him having only one toystore in town and what it has in stock. For the last few weeks I've seen this wal-mart paranoia [sp?] spread like crazy. It's just a waste of time to try and make an arguement on this subject. The prices in the US are significantly lower [tf oriented] than the prices in Europe and you actually get all products and with little delay. I personally haven't seen Energon Megatron in my city yet, while others fiddle about Cybertron Megatron's colours. Whenever we [europeans] try to complain about it, some wiseass comes along and tells us 'The US is Hasbro's main market'.

How come we live with that? That's up to you to decide. We just do. I personally save money and once a month purchase something over the internet but that has nothing to do with Tfs.

As for you being on a tight budget, that's not one of our concerns. I personally recommended you BBTS because I know you live in America. Just look at the upper right corner of the webpage. 6.99 flat rate shipping *on US orders*. As Clay noted, you can buy whatever the hell you like and only pay 6.99 shipping for it. My advice would be to wait for Snarl to get in stock and then purchase them both, or wait till they go on sale.

If you don't like BBTS' prices, I can happily re-direct you to the site I do business with. You'll be getting the japanese versions for much cheaper, but you'll have to pay more bucks for shipping. Happy? Didn't think so.

Your question was answered many times previously. To quote from Dawn of the Dead R "We don't know". Why don't you just wait until the next shipment of toys and find out yourself, since none of us can possibly know about each individual toystore.

Whoever posted about online toystores did it to help you. We gave you an alternative for you to get your two toys instead of telling you 'Don't worry, Wal-Mart will be okay...'.

We're not your babysitters. You're just making a fuss over acquiring two toys from your neighbourhood. If you're old enough to get paid, then you're old enough to be able to tell when you should save to buy your hobby items.

Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Old 2005-09-09, 07:11 AM   #35
SynjoDeonecros

Quote:
Wow... just, wow.

Do you have to know how I pay for the damn things? My first big spree came after I recieved an inheritence of $14,650. $13,000 went straight back to the family business. The remaining $1600 was split among the veterinarian, the chiropractor, and toys. The next one came after I had recieved my tax return earlier this year. Most all of the figures bought in between were purchased from money that I had recieved from selling my Magic card collection, which had taken me eight years to work up.

Over the summer, I worked out at the family produce store, and calculated up the total cost of all the toys that I would want for the entire fall, and put that money in the savings account for the meantime. Not all of them fit into that budget, so I won't be getting all the ones I want. I'm OK with that. If I want some quick cash to get something, I sell some of the ones I already have.

For example, I would like a Masterpiece trailer to go with my Prime, because I think it would be a great piece to use hold all the assorted extra and loose parts some of the earlier figures have, and it would come in handy for the photo stories I do for the site. But it's expensive. My solution? I do without. It's no big deal. Hell, I do the photo stories to help justify the amount of money I've already spent in a way that I'm actually doing something with them, instead of just letting them gather dust on the shelf.

I buy what I like that I can afford, and make adjustments accordingly. For instance, I've made the decision to not get a new computer, since this one does everything I need it to do, and has done so for the last five years. This frees up money for figures.

When I have classes in the fall/spring, I don't work at the farm, so I don't have any money. So, I don't buy any toys until the summer comes around, unless I've saved up from the previous summer.

The overall point is that these are luxury items. They are not essential. If you're unwilling pay more than what walmart charges, and you can't find them at walmart, then do without them.

And to answer your question for the umpteenth time, so far as anyone here knows, no, Cybertron will not be discontinued at walmart. If you want a more official answer, go ask a walmart executive, or the manager of your local store.
Okay, so I was wrong about your financial situation. SO SUE ME! Having had similar arguments with Yugioh fans (which is just as much of an expensive hobby, if not MORE so, as Transformers), it's been my experience that those people usually have money coming out of their tailpipe and they usually assume everyone else in their particualr hobby is the same. Yes, I understand that the toys are luxury items and that I can and will abstan from buying them if I either can't find them, or I need the money for other things (which, actually, I've done in the past; I've spent hundreds of dollars with my roommate already to help bring two of my friends over to live with us when they needed our help), and I'm perfectly willing to do so. I, actually, haven't bought a Transformer for two years prior to my first purchase up here, mainly because I didn't have the money to do so. Now that I have more money coming in, I'm thinking of starting my collection back up. My main concern was that, considering the fact that a) Wal-Mart has already confirmed discontinuing carrying the Alternators line for the time being (which may or may not be as temporary as they say, depending on what goes on between now and then), b) there've been rumors that both the Cybertron toy line and cartoon is on the verge of cancellation, and c) my Wal=Mart (and a few others that I've heard, from people on here, in fact) seemed to be phasing out the Cybertron line, I may not be able to find the line at all the next time I head down to Wal-Mart the next time I have enough money to buy a toy, especially since it's more or less the only place I can go that I can buy them at a price that WON'T break my bank.

My apologies for sparking such an insipid flame war such as this (I admit, arguing about how to get ANY sort of luxury item is pretty insignificant). I'm still a bit concerned that Wal-Mart might change their mind, but I'll shut up about it.

Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Old 2005-09-09, 08:08 AM   #36
Clay

Murray, KY

Quote:
Having had similar arguments with Yugioh fans (which is just as much of an expensive hobby, if not MORE so, as Transformers),
Heh. Like I explain to other people: toys have a better cost-to-weight ratio than cards

Quote:
My apologies for sparking such an insipid flame war such as this (I admit, arguing about how to get ANY sort of luxury item is pretty insignificant). I'm still a bit concerned that Wal-Mart might change their mind, but I'll shut up about it.
I wouldn't worry about too much. Rumors are just that - rumors. Besides, Cybertron is a lot newer than Alternators, so I really doubt that they'd stop carrying a toy line with a supporting cartoon twelve weeks before christmas when it's only been on the shelves for a month or so.

And if they do drop it for a while, there's not much you can do about it. That's why we pointed you to the online sites: you have alternatives even if walmart (or even your local walmart and not the entire chain) decides to say phooey on them. You may have to pay more than what it would cost at a physical store in town, but if they don't carry it or you can't find it there, then it's a moot point.

Anyway, welcome to forum!

Old 2005-09-09, 08:18 AM   #37
SynjoDeonecros

Quote:

Anyway, welcome to forum!
Ah-hah. Funny. Don't think I would have the rank of Headmaster if I was a newbie (and I'm pretty sure that the forum has regulations against mass-posting to get the required posts to rise up to that ranking).

Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Old 2005-09-09, 01:37 PM   #38
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Ah-hah. Funny. Don't think I would have the rank of Headmaster if I was a newbie (and I'm pretty sure that the forum has regulations against mass-posting to get the required posts to rise up to that ranking).
Yo, Singydeepcrust, you appear to have credited a ****-load of other people's words to me. I really can't be bothered to wade through your angry-ranty-crap, but I don't think I ever actually told you to buy online. You've also side-stepped huge chunks of what myself, and other people, have said. I've yet to hear why you can't ask the manager of your Wal*Mart. And besides that, what are people meant to say? "Oh wow, you're so ****ed for TFs, dude"? No, people have given help wherever they can. Your inability to understand things would be worrying if I really cared.

Old 2005-09-09, 01:40 PM   #39
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Usually, that means you've bought enough from all of those places to have a big collection, otherwise you wouldn't even KNOW about them and/or how 'cheap' they are price-wise
Aaah. So you have to have actually been to a shop and bought from them money to know about their existence.

Interesting concept.

Utterly laughable bull****, but an interesting concept nonetheless.

Old 2005-09-09, 04:34 PM   #40
SynjoDeonecros

One, Cliffjumper, screw you, once again. I had been long over and done with this conversation, and besides, your stupid-cheery 'Welcome to the forum' like I was a stupid newbie when I'm not pissed me off. The fact that you kept on directing me to alternate places to shop, when I wasn't even ASKING about them, seemed to indicate that you didn't really bother to understand my question and say 'why don't you shop at these places; we all do!'. As for why I don't want to ask a Wal-Mart employee, it's simple: I've had too many bad experiences with them to even WANT to converse with them. The only reason why I shop there, despite that, is that right now, THAT'S THE ONLY STORE IN TOWN I CAN SHOP AT! And, I'm very good at understanding things, and after hearing about what Wal-Mart was doing to the ALternators line and the rumors about Cybertron being cancelled, I felt there was sufficient enough cause to bring it up. Apparently, that was a big error on my part, because no one seemed to give a crap about it. DON'T BEAT ME MASSA!

Look, the question's been answered, this is just needless flames, let's stop and LET IT DIE, alright? I'm getting sick of it.

Two, Heartbrend, note that I said 'know about them and/or how cheap their prices are'. That means that without having a basis to compare them to, you may know that they're there, but you don't know how good they are without buying from them. Can't really tell if it's worth the cost or not or how reliable they are if you just windowshop, right? And, if someone directs you to a certain store anywhere (online or otherwise) as a viable alternative, then that means that they've bought from that store before, and know how good they supposedly are. It does not take a degree in social financing to understand that.

PS: Please don't EVER call me cutesy names like 'Synjydeepcrust' again, Cliffjumper, alright? I don't even let my close friends call me stuff like that, so I'm sure as hell not going to take it from an utter stranger on the message boards, y'know?

Weakness is strength.
Ignorance is knowledge.
Death is life.
No life without death...

Last edited by SynjoDeonecros; 2005-09-09 at 04:37 PM.
Closed Thread