• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2005-10-17, 03:52 AM   #21
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Lambda prime

So that's two Galvatrons of different series who died at the hands of a headmaster in ice! he has a weakness...
Sorry, are you seriously implying that Fort Max kills Galvatron in "The Last Autobot"? Hahahahahha. Yeh, see, here we have Galvatron, spawn of Unicron. Various incarnations of the comic character have survived being bombarded by half a dozen heavy armed Autobots, an exploding fuel tanker, being buried in a volcano, a one-on-one with Piranacon, a combined Autobot/Decepticon assault, being swatted by Unicron and an exploding spaceship crashing, and he gets dunked in some chilly water and dies? Think about that for a minute.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-17, 09:06 AM   #22
Lambda prime
Unicron

North East UK

Then you could argue he was softened up a bit before Fort Max got to him.

Alphadog
Check out Ebay store for Armada, Energon, Alternators, 20th Anniversery figures:
Jil sells all
Undeaddan/
Friends site
Tacticalunderground
Lambda prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-17, 01:48 PM   #23
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Lambda prime
Then you could argue he was softened up a bit before Fort Max got to him.
Softened up enough that a bit of chilly water did him in? You could argue that, but then you could argue that Nel Yomtov was talented if you really wanted to. It wouldn't change that you're wrong.

Old 2005-10-18, 07:24 PM   #24
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Lightbulb

I always assumed the Galvatron in Aspects of Evil was the one from Last Autobot who, post Gen 2 dug himself out of the ice and conqured Cybertron in time for Rodimus and co to return to the "new" 2007.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-18, 07:30 PM   #25
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Interesting! Never thought of that one... I always had him down as the Perchance to Dream one meself, if you take Earthforce as an alternative to G2.

I've never taken "they weren't in G2" as a reason for either Shockwave or Galvatron dying at the end of the original series... G2 takes place over a fairly short timespan - at a very bad, not-researched-at-all guess it'd be over a maximum of months. Shockwave laid low for longer than that before attacking Scorponok.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2005-10-18 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2005-10-18, 07:42 PM   #26
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Interesting! Never thought of that one... I always had him down as the Perchance to Dream one meself, if you take Earthforce as an alternative to G2.
I like to try and keep the number of Galvatron's in the comic down to less than 50 or so...

I used to be in the "Earhtforce takes place after issue 80" camp, but when it was still online Ratbat's Virgin Guide had an excellent argument for it all happening during Matrix Quest, which is now the theory (if that's not to grand a word) I subscribe to.

Old 2005-10-18, 08:10 PM   #27
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Quote:
I've never taken "they weren't in G2" as a reason for either Shockwave or Galvatron dying at the end of the original series... G2 takes place over a fairly short timespan - at a very bad, not-researched-at-all guess it'd be over a maximum of months. Shockwave laid low for longer than that before attacking Scorponok.
In the interview he did for http://www.transfans.net [/random gratuitous plug], Furman claimed that he intended to use the water-dunked Galvy as the big bad for the second Gen 2 arc, had it been renewed.

Which could be hot air, considering that Furman's good at being revisionist and there was always about zero chance of it getting renewed... but if anybody would know his intent, it would be, well... him.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-18, 08:14 PM   #28
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I thought the Leige Maximo was going to be the next big bad? Or were they going to team up?

Old 2005-10-18, 08:39 PM   #29
Halfshell

Red face

Well, what's the point of having a big tease like they ended #12 with if you're just gonna rush the guy into the thick of it in the next issue?

Galvy as the main threat, Maximo gathering in the distance. Et cetera.

Like when Spike turns up in season 3 of Buffy and steals the entire episode... doesn't change that the Mayor is really the big villain. Or was it Snyder? I can't remember/care...

Old 2005-10-18, 09:10 PM   #30
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:

The bio for e-Hobby Galvatron II identifies him as the one who appeared from "Rhythms of Darkness" till "Last Autobot" and also claims he's the same "Galvatron II" mentioned in "Alignment".

Don't know whether Ichikawa actually consulted with Furman on that one, though.

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-18, 09:17 PM   #31
Halfshell

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
The bio for e-Hobby Galvatron II identifies him as the one who appeared from "Rhythms of Darkness" till "Last Autobot" and also claims he's the same "Galvatron II" mentioned in "Alignment".
Anybody reading the comics can tell that the one in Last Autobot is the same as the one in Rhythms.

Alignment... well, that ties in with the whole Gen 2 thing I mentioned, so a big "yay" for proving me fantastically right again... but it doesn't really have much relevance to the whole Perchance/Aspects thing...

Old 2005-10-20, 01:02 PM   #32
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Exclamation

thinking about it... If the Perchance Galvatron is a third Galvy, and his imprisonment takes place before issue 79 (and isn't it odd his dream involves being spanked by Rodimus?), that means there were two Galvatrons on board the Ark when it crashed... My head now hurts.

Old 2005-10-20, 01:17 PM   #33
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

Maybe one died instantly when the sprinkler system kicked in on the Ark? I mean, given Galvatron's susceptibility to a bit of water. He was probably trying to commit suicide at the start of "Rhythms of Darkness". You'll note there that the exact same Galvatron allegedly killed by falling into a pond swims around for fun.

Old 2005-10-20, 01:46 PM   #34
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

You know, I'm beging to suspect that Furman was going a bit Chris Carter and just making it up as he went along...

Oh, and if Shockwave didn't die in the crash, I would imagin Megs would have finished him off just before geting to work on Starscream.