• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2005-12-26, 02:56 AM   #41
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Head reminds me of Thunderwing. If it weren't the Impreza mold, I might consider getting it.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 04:50 PM   #42
Cyclone_X

Rollbar out of package, from a well known auction site

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...26111311_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...26111305_1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...26111300_1.jpg

Cyclone_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 05:45 PM   #43
RID Scourge
Lurking

Hrmmmm . . . red doesn't look right on a jeep. At least not that shade.

Looking at the checklist, I see there aren't any decepticons after Decepticharge. Hopefully, a few of the newer molds get repainted soon. If they were to make a Scion without the decals, I would hold off on Skids (I like the robot mode a lot, but the decals are just so tacky that it nearly ruins the robot mode for me).

I'd really like to see the dodge ram get the decepticon treatment (black dodge rams are awesome. As much as I'd love to see a Scourge, Motormaster would be a good character for the mold as well), and I can't wait to see the Mirage mold in color. Robot mode looked really cool on that one.

Old 2005-12-28, 03:41 AM   #44
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Well, it's not like they can make a green Rollbar. We already have that as Hound.
Rollbar looks sort of okay. Would have been nice if they had remolded his head or even just repainted his head the same as th original (gray helmet w/ yellow optics and face). Oh, well.

On a semi-related topic, I wonder why they don't just import the red Meister, yellow Tracks, and blue Prowl as well? With only minor recoloring on the robotic components, they could pass for new bodies for Chase, Backstreet, and Freeway. With those first two Autobots, Hasbro wouldn't even really need to remold the heads, just recolor them. Think how much money they could save, and provide us with some nice looking Alternators.

Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 04:17 AM   #45
RID Scourge
Lurking

Ooh! You're on to something. The Backstreet one is an exceptionally good idea, seeing as the guns on Tracks would be perfect as an updated version of the triggerbot cannons. If they do blue prowl, I vote they at least add a racing stripe, just so the chest looks a little less flat and plain. I think it'd look very nice like that.

Old 2005-12-28, 08:53 AM   #46
GluteusMaximusPrime

And this is exactly why I complained about 2 months ago. This alternator/binaltech thing makes no sense anymore. I know there are devoted fans out there who will buy almost any transformer, but this is ridiculous. Anyway, hasbro/takara, keep bringing on those repaints, we can't get enough of your unoriginality.

GluteusMaximusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 06:44 PM   #47
RID Scourge
Lurking

The thing is that if they don't bring out straight repaints, they won't be able to afford new molds or even slight remolds.

Old 2005-12-28, 06:46 PM   #48
optimusskids
Primus

UK

Its not as if its a new thing. Smokescreen, Prowl and Streakand the Seekers were all repaints or minor remoulds.

optimusskids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 07:06 PM   #49
GluteusMaximusPrime

Quote:
Originally posted by optimusskids
Its not as if its a new thing. Smokescreen, Prowl and Streakand the Seekers were all repaints or minor remoulds.
Yeah but look at the way they're doing these repaints. There's no logic to it at all. DeadEnd became what was intended to be SunStreaker, including that character's head. Sunstreaker finally gets Swideswipe's body, which really should have gone to Red Alert, who got SilverStreak's body and head. Ricochet gets that very same mold, which he really should have gotten the Meister mold. And what's up with Swerve and RollBar? Those characters make no sense. But if fans are so devoted to any repaint that Hasbro/Takara puts out, even if it seems to be random and aimless, go right on ahead and buy that crap.

Maybe I'm complaining too much, but if you're going to do repaints, have some order to the whole thing and stop choosing random characters that weren't the original G1 repaints to begin with.

Old 2005-12-29, 07:35 PM   #50
optimusskids
Primus

UK

Have to agree with you , having the red corvette as Freeway would have made more sense even if the colour was wrong.

Old 2005-12-29, 07:55 PM   #51
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:
Originally posted by GluteusMaximusPrime
Sunstreaker finally gets Swideswipe's body
Sunstreaker has the body that was originally intended for him. Straight repaint of Dead End.

Quote:
which really should have gone to Red Alert
I've never seen a Dodge Viper as an emergency car.

Quote:
And what's up with Swerve and RollBar?
Swerve has his own head sculpt.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 08:44 PM   #52
Bodycount
Banned

Man, Noob alert I guess.

Trailbreaker was ditched, not for the trademark, but because in the package, Hound looked dark to black from a standing glance, so Trailbreaker would have looked too similar. This, of course, is before they decided to change the packaging to avoid that problem with Windcharger/Sideswipe, and any further paint/body models that would be similar to the blue-box toys.

Hence, we get orange-ass Rollbar, with multi homages. I honestly think it makes a good Trailbreaker too because it still uses his core red/black colors, just inverted....

FYI, Dodge Ram was designed to represent alot of characters. Hoist, for one. I fear they made bleed this one to death.

Bodycount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 09:03 PM   #53
optimusskids
Primus

UK

Never seen an emergency Lamborghini either

EDIT; the italian State Police have a Gallardo.

Last edited by optimusskids; 2005-12-29 at 09:24 PM.
Old 2005-12-29, 09:16 PM   #54
Bodycount
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore

I've never seen a Dodge Viper as an emergency car.

Not to be a dick, Tor, but there are plenty of state patrols in the US that drive Vipers....

Not the best example, but there are others, especially in areas with alot of sports car markets.

Old 2005-12-30, 12:25 AM   #55
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Yeah but look at the way they're doing these repaints. There's no logic to it at all.
There was logic to it to begin with?

Quote:
Maybe I'm complaining too much, but if you're going to do repaints, have some order to the whole thing and stop choosing random characters that weren't the original G1 repaints to begin with.
Why does it have to match up with G1? The whole idea of a new toyline is to offer something new, so why not be happy with the fact that they're scrambling things around a bit?

Of course, if you're this ornery about repaints not matching up character-wise with what was released 20 years ago, I'd hate to think of how upset you'd be if you found out that Grimlock, Shockwave, and Ravage no longer turn into a dinosaur, gun, and cassette respectively.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 12:56 AM   #56
Bodycount
Banned

the boxes say "Alternators" not "Generation One".

There is no Battle Ravage or Shockblast in G1. Same for Decepticharge, which is a name I LIKE.

It is a line of scale cars with homage likenesses to the classic characters to sucker older fans in. These are just as easily in another universe apart from G1, as the story, if you give it one, wouldn't fit in with G1 anyhow.

And dont bring up the BT story, it stinks and is nothing more than fanfiction/fanwank. There isnt even a story there, there's simply a plot-driven excuse.

Old 2005-12-30, 02:16 AM   #57
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
This alternator/binaltech thing makes no sense anymore.
And it made sense before? Licensed car designs with complex transformations... that's the only descriptor of Alternators; there isn't even a story attached to the US releases.

Takara attach a reference-heavy bit of backstory because enough collectors like that sort of thing.

Get the designs you like. Same as with anything else.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 04:21 AM   #58
Roadstripe

The Sock Zone

Also, which G1 continuity would you insist on cramming Alternators into? There's Marvel comics US, Marvel comics UK, Japanese manga, cartoon US, cartoon Japan, Dreamwave, and IDW at least, and that's not counting the various alternate timelines in said continuities.

In a sense, not pidgeonholing it into any one particular G1 continuity is a wise move. The Binaltech storyline is probably the best that can be done otherwise, by choosing the most widely seen continuity and then jumping through hoops (and hitting the aspirin bottle) trying to reasonably work in future releases.

Quite frankly, if you want Alternators to fit smoothly with Generation 1, you're going to have to either create your own continuity or be willing to accept logical alterations to one or more existing continuities.

Quote:
Quoth Bodycount:
That would make one nice-looking Transformer (new-mold, of course).

Last edited by Roadstripe; 2005-12-30 at 05:00 AM.
Roadstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 09:57 AM   #59
GluteusMaximusPrime

Quote:
Originally posted by Clay
[B]There was logic to it to begin with?

Why does it have to match up with G1? The whole idea of a new toyline is to offer something new, so why not be happy with the fact that they're scrambling things around a bit?

Of course, if you're this ornery about repaints not matching up character-wise with what was released 20 years ago, I'd hate to think of how upset you'd be if you found out that Grimlock, Shockwave, and Ravage no longer turn into a dinosaur, gun, and cassette respectively.
Okay so let's repaint the mold for Prowl into Megatron then, since I should be happy with whatever they give us.

Old 2005-12-30, 10:00 AM   #60
GluteusMaximusPrime

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
And it made sense before? Licensed car designs with complex transformations... that's the only descriptor of Alternators; there isn't even a story attached to the US releases.

Takara attach a reference-heavy bit of backstory because enough collectors like that sort of thing.

Get the designs you like. Same as with anything else.
I'm already getting the designs I like. I just wanted to express why I dislike the ones I will not buy.