• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2003-05-25, 06:59 AM   #41
Wildfire Herald
Fears the Post-Thieves

Fear & Loathing
Exclamation

The next Wave's out? Sweet! TwoBad was my favorite among the old figures, I can't wait to get the new one.

Btw, you guys seen the Keldor convention exclusive? It comes with three heads, Keldor, acid burned face, and Skeletor, plus it has a cloth cape.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Wildfire Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-05-26, 01:02 PM   #42
Flesh Creature

Philadelphia area

I just started my collection of Masters of the Universe yesterday. Although I do not know of any of these variants yet (the figures are not in front of me) I did get:
He man
Skelator
Cy clone
Orko
Whiplash
Tri Clops
Mekaneck
smash blade heman
Prince Adam
a few of them came with free videos

Flesh Creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-03, 02:32 AM   #43
Wolfang
'Oh mist-filled pits,
dark dank unclear,
touch all before me
with frost-fingered fear'

Narnia?... nope, just a wardrobe...
Arrow MOTU news

The new cartoon starts Sunday 7th of September on GMTV (roughly 8:30), right after TMNT.

Oh, and there's some pictures of new Snakemen stuff:

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/35.jpg Serpent Tracker Mekaneck. Nice paint job. And look at that freakin’ claw!

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/18.jpg Fisto. Not bad…

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/33.jpg Serpent Thrashing Man-At-Arms. Nice colours…

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/31.jpg Snake Hunter He-Man. Something doesn’t look right….

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/10.jpg Snake Armour He-Man. Ho-hum… another bloody He-Man variant…

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/12.jpg King Hiss. Thus far, the only one of the actual Snake Men toys I actually like…

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/08.jpg Deluxe Snake Armour Skeletor. Yuk.

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/06.jpg Deluxe Snake Armour He-Man. The photo isn’t all that’s ****…

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/04.jpg Snake Series Panthor. What the…

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/02.jpg Snake Series Cringer. And again, I ask why?

http://www.offthecard.com/features/wwc2003/motu/22.jpg Rattlor. A production sample next to a prototype. Still not convinced…

Man, the Masters Vs. Snakemen line is gonna suck... The other Snakemen [Sssqueeze, Tung Lashor and Snake Face] are going to be in a second assortment [with another Skeletor, no doubt], and there's a new Ram Man due out with Snake Armour He-Man and an as yet undetermined figure for the heroes second assortment.

When do we get 'Masters Vs. Horde' figures then?

"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Wolfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-06, 03:17 AM   #44
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

I've think I've seen protos of the other snake-men... and, to be honest, I preferred most of the originals...

The He-Man variants are just catering to what the kids appear to be buying. The whole shebang doesn't seem to be doing fantastically well commercially, anyway.

I'm oddly tempted to get an Orko...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-07, 12:22 AM   #45
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile MOTU drooling/memories...

...which is weird, because I don't miss any of the stuff I used to have. Mostly because the figures were nads... although I kind of wish I'd held onto the mini-comics which came with the toys.

It's on that theme that I found this homage to the tail-end of the mini-comics series:

http://www.oafe.net/poe/motu_keldor.html
"He also comes with a wee vial of acid. Made from clear green plastic, it's a tiny but fun accessory. Now kids can re-enact the scene where Keldor is horribly mutilated time and again!"

Having said that, I'd also forgotten that Queen Marlena was from Earth. And how much I hate those sugary and trite moral summaries at the end of each episode.

There was potential, though. The 'prelude' series "The Powers Of Grayskull" (and He-Ro) could have taken most of the plot ends and linked in the Snake Men, the Tower of Eternia and Keldor. The only downside I can see would have been the relatively poor play value of toys with only one gimmick. Hence I kept the Transformers.

Various other links:
http://www.he-man.org/ (there were 130 episodes?!)
http://www.offthecard.com/visualguid...ewheman.shtml#
http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/motu.php
...and some familiar names on the original series...
http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-...terviews.shtml

He-Man/Skeletor/Teela/Evil Lyn/Prince Adam all look pretty good, although I think my non-regard for the rest has something to do with their not having characterisation attached back in the day.

Does anyone know if the new cartoon is likely to appear in the UK? I've seen a few of the figures in Toys'R'us...

Old 2003-09-07, 02:25 AM   #46
Wolfang
'Oh mist-filled pits,
dark dank unclear,
touch all before me

The He-Man and Skeletor variants I can understand. But does anyone really need three versions of Battle Cat?

I like the new figures generally... but the Snakemen are just horrid. The only one I'm considering getting is King Hiss... and I'm not more than 40% sure I'm gonna get him. I'd love to see a new Hordak figure, though... my old one busted. Admittedly that was my fault. I shouldn't have thrown him that hard...

But my brother pulled my Skeletor's head off. So I gave He-Man a swimming lesson with the flush mechanism of the toilet....

And I am tempted to buy an Orko, also. [Wait... did I just write that...?]

At the moment, my collection has been abandoned due to lack of funds. So I have 4 Masters [He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Mekaneck & Stratos], 4 Villains [Beast Man, Mer-Man, Skeletor and Tri-Klops], Battle Cat and Panthor. I'd really like to get some more; but I have no money and no job at present....

"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Old 2003-09-07, 02:29 AM   #47
Wolfang
'Oh mist-filled pits,
dark dank unclear,
touch all before me

http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...threadid=17961

Did you read that first post?

Old 2003-09-07, 02:53 AM   #48
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Thumbs up

I'd mentally skipped to the JPG links... cheers for that. Will endeavour to catch.

Old 2003-09-07, 11:05 AM   #49
Auntie Slag
Satisfaction guaranteed !

Cambridge, UK

I didn't really like He-Man an awful lot in the 80's. I used to have a thing for the Sorceress though (rawr), and I was only about 6 or 7 at the time.

Mercy.

Auntie Slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-07, 09:23 PM   #50
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

The new Sorceress is decidedly less fit, but Teela shows promise... what, you people were expecting a plot commentary after three hours sleep?

Okay, here goes: In The Beginning, part 1...

The forces of Good (led by Captain Randor) are backed against a wall by the forces of Evil (led by Keldor)... Keldor goes to acid-bathe Randor's face, but is deflected and (in a scene which appears to have been chopped for GMTV) is carried off in agony.

Randor becomes king after the disappearance of the ruling Elders, the Evil being driven back behind a mystic wall. Prince Adam and Teela play rather dangerous hover-board games for a while, and Adam is irresponsible to varying degrees by not fitting in with his Princely duties. In a twist which isn't really explained, Man-At-Arms takes Adam to Castle Grayskull where history is elaborated upon and Adam goes off in disbelief... back to the castle, which is smoking from an attack by the forces of Evil (who've spent the rest of the episode breaking down the barrier...)

Characters I noticed: Sorceress, Randor, Marlena, Stratos, Man-At-Arms, Teela, Orko, Cringer, Tri-Clops, Clawful, Beast Man, Whiplash, Evil Lynn, Keldor/Skeletor, Mer-Man.

General comments: Animation is great, although occasionally over-emphatic (swords are absolutely huge, and so forth)... Keldor's transformation into Skeletor is only hinted at, and Skeletor spends most of his time completely cowled with no suggest as to what's underneath. Dialogue is an appropriate balance between suitability for kids and young adults (although they can't do anything about the names...) I'm wondering if this'll be available on DVD, since I doubt I'll manage to catch it many Sundays.

Might try to get to a Toys'R'us sometime soon...

Old 2003-09-08, 01:08 AM   #51
Wolfang
'Oh mist-filled pits,
dark dank unclear,
touch all before me

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
The new Sorceress is decidedly less fit, but Teela shows promise... what, you people were expecting a plot commentary after three hours sleep?
True. Very true...

Quote:
Okay, here goes: In The Beginning, part 1...

The forces of Good (led by Captain Randor) are backed against a wall by the forces of Evil (led by Keldor)... Keldor goes to acid-bathe Randor's face, but is deflected and (in a scene which appears to have been chopped for GMTV) is carried off in agony.

Randor becomes king after the disappearance of the ruling Elders, the Evil being driven back behind a mystic wall. Prince Adam and Teela play rather dangerous hover-board games for a while, and Adam is irresponsible to varying degrees by not fitting in with his Princely duties. In a twist which isn't really explained, Man-At-Arms takes Adam to Castle Grayskull where history is elaborated upon and Adam goes off in disbelief... back to the castle, which is smoking from an attack by the forces of Evil (who've spent the rest of the episode breaking down the barrier...)
Now correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I recall correctly [it has been over a year since I saw this] Man-At-Arms is supposed to have some sort of mental link to the Sorceress, right? And she gives him a buzz, as it were, to bring Adam to Greyskull as he has been chosen as the champion of Eternia. In other words: **** editing. F***ing typical... a US cartoon gets a UK release and its made to look like cr*p because of some fecking moron with the brains of a rotted cheese sandwich editing it at our end.

Quote:
Characters I noticed: Sorceress, Randor, Marlena, Stratos, Man-At-Arms, Teela, Orko, Cringer, Tri-Clops, Clawful, Beast Man, Whiplash, Evil Lynn, Keldor/Skeletor, Mer-Man.
Mekaneck was there, too! And they appear to have skipped the sequence with Orko and Man-E-Faces performing a little play during Prince Adam's bithday celebration. [More cr*p editing, unless I'm just remembering in the wrong order, which seems unlikely as the palace is now burning down].

Quote:
General comments: Animation is great, although occasionally over-emphatic (swords are absolutely huge, and so forth)... Keldor's transformation into Skeletor is only hinted at, and Skeletor spends most of his time completely cowled with no suggest as to what's underneath. Dialogue is an appropriate balance between suitability for kids and young adults (although they can't do anything about the names...) I'm wondering if this'll be available on DVD, since I doubt I'll manage to catch it many Sundays.

Might try to get to a Toys'R'us sometime soon...
Good ideas. Except can we just get a European release of the US versions [i.e. minus the cr*p editing]?

Last edited by Wolfang; 2003-09-08 at 01:11 AM.
Old 2003-11-22, 10:32 AM   #52
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile Teela arrived today...

Woo hoo! Sadly, it's going to take a fair amount of white-tac on the feet or counter-weighing on her back to make her stand up independent of a wall or another figure, but it's a very good sculpt.

Now the only decision is whether to unbalance my ranks by grabbing a Man-At-Arms whilst they're still around; stock is selling out quite fast at most places, so Woolies and TRU only tend to have Battle Sound He-Man right now. Asda are my best bet, I think.

Is Trap-Jaw out over here? I seem to recall him being rather decent...

Old 2003-11-23, 01:21 AM   #53
Wolfang
'Oh mist-filled pits,
dark dank unclear,
touch all before me

As far as I am aware, we only have wave 1 of MOTU. Trap Jaw is part of wave 2's baddies (with Tri-Klops and Bat Blade Skeletor [or is it Spin Blade?]), and the heroes wave 2 assortment includes Jungle Attack He-Man, Teela & Orko. I think that's right...

Anyway, unfortunately we don't have Trap Jaw yet. And there's not a Clawful figure anywhere in sight yet....

Old 2003-11-23, 01:41 AM   #54
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Yeah, does seem like an odd oversight, that.

I think I'm going to try to score a Man-At-Arms soon, get Trapjaw when he appears, and then maybe The General and Zodak if they make it over here eventually or come down in price on eBay once there's more of them.

Might angle for an original Orko if I can get one cheap. Don't think much of the redesign, really. Obviously I'll go for a Sorceress if a non-exclusive appears... assuming the sculpt isn't too far from the original, anyway.

I'd rather keep a collection down to those figures I really, really like...

Something that's been bothering me... I recall seeing figures past wave 1 in my Toys'R'us quite a while back (like, maybe over the summer)... versions of He-Man and Skeletor with different battle armour. I'm not sure if I'm insane or was dreaming, though.

Teela's only fallen off the shelf once so far... I don't know what the **** Mattel did with the 4H design, but I'm considering trying to get/make some figure bases.

EDIT: According to the Teela card, Wave 2 is her, Orko, Smash Blade He-Man, Tri-Klops, Trapjaw, Spin Blade Skeletor. There must be more than that in Wave 2, though, surely?

I think I know what might have happened with Toys'R'us... sometimes, toy companies will send over a limited amount of current stock to the UK to test the water before a full product launch.

Old 2003-11-23, 01:46 AM   #55
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Sadly it looks like a lot of stores here are cutting down their MOTU supplies. Apparently they haven't been selling well enough...but when you've had nothing but 3 variations of He-Man on the shelves since the line's launch, they tend to not move after a while...

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-23, 02:11 AM   #56
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

It's varied from area to area. Case ratios are improving. In Canada it didn't help that stores over-ordered and refused to mark stuff down to clear it.

Right now, BS He-Man / the power sword playset is in most Woolworths, TRU have a lot of him too. Asda have more characters as they aren't stocking the deluxes, but evil characters are selling out faster. This close to Christmas it's inevitable that there are swings in sales patterns which are hard to predict, plus there's a knock-on effect: given a wall display in which two-thirds are of product A and there's a third of product B, most people will buy B in case they can't get it later. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Old 2003-11-23, 04:21 PM   #57
Flesh Creature

Philadelphia area

I just ordered the Snake Teela from toyfare. I cant wait till that comes in.

Flesh Creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-24, 01:54 AM   #58
Wolfang
'Oh mist-filled pits,
dark dank unclear,
touch all before me

Gah! Smash Blade He-Man... I knew it was a He-Man. It's just that when you have to choose from:
- He-Man
- Battle Sound He-Man (Deluxe)
- Smash Blade He-Man
- Jungle Attack He-Man
- Martial Arts He-Man
- Ice Armour He-Man
- Samurai He-Man (Deluxe)
- Snake Hunter He-Man
- Snake Trapper He-Man
- Snake Armour He-Man (Deluxe)

It tends to be a bit repetitive, doesn't it? If they limited it to one He-Man per case and each had a totally unique design and action feature, they might sell.

Incidentally, Denyer; are you sure the He-Man and Skeletor you saw weren't the deluxe Battle Sound figures? They seem to be popping up a little more frequently in the stores over here.

And yes: for the earlier assortments, it is a mere six figures ( three heroes in one assortment, three villains in another). This trend has altered slightly with the impending release of the Snakemen assortments. They've repainted most baddies and put an assortment of four-to-six per case of six, and the heroes are going to about four characters per case.

Snake Teela? Yuk.... Wait; did I miss anything on MOTU or Turtles Sunday morning?

Last edited by Wolfang; 2003-11-24 at 02:01 AM.
Old 2003-11-24, 10:53 AM   #59
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfang
It tends to be a bit repetitive, doesn't it? If they limited it to one He-Man per case and each had a totally unique design and action feature, they might sell.
I'm hoping that the UK will get slightly different ratios, since Mattel have learned from their mistakes in the US. Then again, this is Mattel we're talking about.

Quote:
Incidentally, Denyer; are you sure the He-Man and Skeletor you saw weren't the deluxe Battle Sound figures? They seem to be popping up a little more frequently in the stores over here.
Absolutely positive. I haven't looked around for a comparison pic, but I reckon it was probably the Jungle Attack figure... though I get weird deja vu when I look at the quite recent deluxes with the scythes attached to the armour.

Quote:
Snake Teela? Yuk.... Wait; did I miss anything on MOTU or Turtles Sunday morning?
Dunno... haven't managed to catch any more than the beginning of the series. Am hoping for a DVD release eventually... I really want to see "The Price Of Deceit" though (current events in Season Two, with Evil Lyn, Keldor and some other twists I shan't go into just in case you're trying to avoid character background spoilers.)

Old 2003-11-24, 01:13 PM   #60
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Robert Sayle (Cambridge branch of John Lewis... I neither know nor care why they're called that) had a huge stack (and I mean huge) of MoTU figures when I was in on Saturday. Including several different He-Man versions and a stash of Man-at-Arms(s? how the hell can you pluralise that? Men at Arms?!)

I doubt they'll shift through too fast, as the toy dept is tucked away in a seperate building, so not many people drop in unless they know it's there. If you want me to have a look for anything, just shout.

Picked up the Road Wrecker team there... I was happy.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote