• transformers forum
Old 2008-04-24, 07:12 PM   #161
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
while in wait for the movie.
I'm doubtful it'll sell particularly well. Animated has the movie exposure to work off rather than the other way around, it has its own series in a reasonable time-slot, etc.

The chance with collectors has largely been and gone. Many people invested quite a bit in the 200x remakes and since then there's been a steady stream of people losing interest or finding other priorities and flogging stuff on. Nor is the fanbase getting any younger. Those who do still have the 200x line face the same issues as with some of the stactions; whether they want secondary versions mixed in with their main collection.

Quote:
it is one where most, if not all, of the members feel comfortable and have a great amount of respect for each other.
Still on the subject of moderation, I prefer boards that make a point of locking or making edits obvious rather than silently deleting posts and threads.

Quote:
You know I have been banned from Transfans TWICE, and have had an infinite history of problems with the Mods and Ops there, and I suppose possibly here. I have never had any problem with any of the mods or ANY of the members of the .org
I'm guessing that, amongst other things, you didn't post on the .org describing the residents of an entire geographic area as mangy and using words like "Paki" -- not least because of the "Political, religious, and sexual posts are subject to severe administration. And remember, keep it clean!" tagline, and because Havoc is British IIRC.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 10:46 PM   #162
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
The potential market is to be collectors, it will be marketed and handled in a way similar to Mattels DC Universe toy-line...
Ah, so they won't advertise and then they'll ship one wave of figures to stores and never restock? This line had better be handled better than the DCU crap that never gets stocked.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 09:32 PM   #163
Predabot
Seeker

Northern Sweden

The general feeling I've been getting online is that most of the fans are very excited about getting toys that are more like the originals from the 80's.

And the good thing about this new Classics line, is that just like TFU they are going to be using characters from every iteration of the brand, wich will undoubtedly attract a few of the fans of, lets say, Princess of Power She-Ra.

And I rather suppose that the .org civilizes me, but the interesting thing is that it does it by making me WANT to be civil. Or maybe since T-fans and Tarchive are the only boards where I've had some difficulties, is that for the uninitiated there's a slight Wild West flavor to them, that kind of makes people flame on. Cut lose. XD

The discreet editing, has always been explained to me in a very polite PM, so for me there's never been anything baffling to happen.

Have to admit I dunno' about the DCU lines stocking. The word on a few boards I've been to, Newsarama and the .org is that apparently it's a rather smashin' line tho? With case ratios and such.

What is..."Sig"?

Last edited by Predabot; 2008-04-25 at 10:16 PM.
Predabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 10:51 PM   #164
LKW
Gestalt

fray-adjacent
Cool

While I liked the looks of some of the "Four Horsemen" line, I do prefer the look of this new figure of He-Man himself to their scrawny emo anime He-Man.

LKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 12:23 AM   #165
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Have to admit I dunno' about the DCU lines stocking. The word on a few boards I've been to, Newsarama and the .org is that apparently it's a rather smashin' line tho? With case ratios and such.
The case ratios seem ok, but the problem is that just about every store I've seen that carries them will get one or two cases in a wave and then NEVER restock. If you're not in with the first batch of scalpers or even a day or two in a rural area like mine, you're not going to get anything.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 12:32 AM   #166
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

I may dabble, but I'm a bit skeptical final production pieces will match the quality of the stactions. As a kid I wasn't too bothered about proportions, but did recognise that MOTU was cheap in its reuse of parts and that most of the figures had minimal play value in and of themselves. Reacquiring a few in recent years only strengthened that impression. Aping those designs... eh.

http://www.yourmomsbasement.com/arch...c_dc_toys.html

^ Some of those are decent. Would like a Shadow Weaver to go with the magic users row.

The .org only really retains people with a positive outlook; those who burn out leave, and anything that doesn't fly content-wise gets deleted. I think it's fundamentally dishonest to crop posts from a thread without posting to mention they've gone, or to remove parts of a member's post without indicating that a change has been made.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 11:30 AM   #167
Predabot
Seeker

Northern Sweden

Wow, I'll say some of those DCU's are REALLY good, actually! Much better than the recent Hasbro Marvel Legends atleast. The Planet Hulk wave was simply pitiful...

Especially like some of the New Gods there, looks like a lot of care was put into them.

Obviously, they can't be of the same kind of quality paint-app complexity-wise as the Stactions, but considering the problems that Neca had with applying said paint to the last waves, and the somewhat vexing durability-problems that some of their stock had, I will say there will be both pro's and con's with the new plastic format.

To me, it's a kind of 50/50 thing, depending on what you're after.

What is..."Sig"?

Predabot is offline   Reply With Quote