Drifting
Thumbs up

man the Xmas special was good look forward to the proper season

Thefallenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 01:21 PM   #42
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I've just read somthing wonderful in DWM... The fight on the exterior of the ship was filmed in a quary! Despite being made in a country full of them this is the fiorst time Who has returned to it's spiritual home since Survival 16 years ago...

Oh, and it's also just clicked that the "Am I ginger?" thing was probably just a dig at Chris Evans.

And no, I'm not slow, just "special".

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 06:04 PM   #43
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Default New series of Doctor Who and Green Wing

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03...ndwagon_rolls/

Green Wing is tonight in about two hours.

Who is due in about a fortnight.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 06:18 PM   #44
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Doctor Who would win in a fight.

Green Wing's a little try-too-hard C4 Identikit EDGY for me, sdly. Which is a shame, as there are some brilliant people in the thing.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 07:32 PM   #45
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Random info about New Who:

Marc Platt will be credited (and recive a royalty payment) on the two part Cyberman story as it uses his fab "Genesis of the Cybermen" audio Spare Parts as its starting point. Though as with Dalek last year it seems the finished product will be different enough from the original to stop it seeming like the Doctor's had the same adventure twice. Ironicly the main change- the new alternate Earth seting- is exactly what was cut from Jubilee on its way to TV.

The chap who plays Mickey was interviewed in the last DWM and apologised for being a bit rubish and promises to be better next year. The current issue suggests he'll only be a companion for a few episodes as well- This and the fact a lengthy part of the interview with the producers is given over to discussing if they'd ever kill one of the reccuring charecters makes me wonder if Mick is going to take a fall at some point.

Some specialy filmed trailers (ala the "Do you wanna come with me?" ones) should be hiting our screens any time now.

Old 2006-03-31, 08:15 PM   #46
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Green Wing's a little try-too-hard C4 Identikit EDGY for me, sdly. Which is a shame, as there are some brilliant people in the thing.
I'm not expecting a second series to have quite the same edge, but if nothing else it's an enjoyable music montage...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 08:19 PM   #47
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

What puts me of green wing is I find That Woman (you know- The one who was in Doctor Who last year) deeply irritating. And if I wanted to watch a deeply irritating woman in a otherwise good program I'll watch Glynis barber in season four of Blakes 7.

Old 2006-03-31, 09:06 PM   #48
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
I'm not expecting a second series to have quite the same edge, but if nothing else it's an enjoyable music montage...
I dearly love Tasmin (though a lot of Fran was the scripts on Black Books...), but Green Wing as a whole is sort-of symptomatic of Channel 4's hit-and-miss formula of bunging a load of people who have been in funny stuff in one show and hoping it's funny. Nah, hugely forced surrealism's never quite been my boat.

It's a bit of a shame the thing's got so ludicrously overhyped in such a short time. Says a lot for the quality of Channel 4's output, that. I wonder whether poor Tasmin's going to be the person they overexpose to death this year, as the Chantelle thing doesn't seem to be working out for them...

Old 2006-03-31, 09:11 PM   #49
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
It's a bit of a shame the thing's got so ludicrously overhyped in such a short time.
Most of the reviews I remember reading said it was OK but not brilliant, hardly overhyped. Unless C4 have really gone crazy on publicity when i wasn't looking.

Old 2006-03-31, 09:21 PM   #51
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Tennant, Piper sign for third series..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds31067.html

Twitter - @stncldskywarp PS4 - StoneColdSkywarp
StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 09:21 PM   #52
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
#2.
Maybee it's late, maybee it's because I'm halfway through writting a indepth analasis of Toy Bloody Soldiers but that makes even less sense to me than normal...

Old 2006-04-01, 06:44 AM   #53
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

The second option. C4 have been doing Green Wing trailers for at least a month.

Old 2006-04-01, 01:02 PM   #54
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

See, the trick is to watch nothing on C4 except the odd bit of [I}Deal Or No Deal[/I], then you can avoid the hype and watch more entertaining stuff, like the nearest wall.

Old 2006-04-13, 01:28 AM   #55
Jetfire
Danny Cipriani > You

Hard traveling hero.
Question

Is "Deal or no Deal" any good.

I mean anything that can make Noel Edmunds popular again should technically be amazing.

Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 05:37 PM   #56
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I've only ever seen bits from the middle and thus have no idea what they're actually doing.... But it looks awfullyu exciting.

Who has the Radio Times cover again, and it looks as if the new Cyberleader has his brain on display...

Old 2006-04-13, 07:25 PM   #57
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I've only ever seen bits from the middle and thus have no idea what they're actually doing.... But it looks awfullyu exciting.
It's definately quite good, and eh a bit not exciting. Though like most shows, it gets repetitive if you watch it too much but its a fun show.

DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 06:51 PM   #58
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Can you ever have to much Noel Edmunds?

Old 2006-04-14, 07:37 PM   #59
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

His "I'm on your side, I'm really rooting for you, the banker's a dick" schtick wears thin pretty quickly.

Hugely optimistic for Who, should be the best series for 17 years (damn the Cartmel years for being so ****ing good, disabling that from being a more grandiose number, but on the plus side preventing me from sounding like one of those pricks who think something's been worthless for three decades, i.e. since they 'grew up' and junked their interests for trying to conform in secondary school). Still, I hope Cassandra's the only returnee from Russ' none-too-strong creations from last year (note: please don't tell me if she isn't, I'm trying to hear as little as possible ahead of time).

I'll be interested to see how K9 and Sarah turn out... I'm slightly worried RTD's just going to use them to showcase how street and gritty his Who is, but then K9 has better merchandising possibilities than the Cybermen, so they won't screw him too much.

Old 2006-04-14, 07:49 PM   #60
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

K9 was actually included as a companion in the original sales pitch RTD did to the BBC till they realised how much they'd have to pay the Bristol Boys to keep him on full time (which, along with the Daleks is why the beeb insists all Monsters have to be created in house by RTD so the Corporation owns them)- Plus Bryan Hitch tried to include him in his TRADIS console room designs- rebuilt as a juke box, so I'd say just about everyone involved has been itching to bring him back. I can't quite belive Lis Sladen is hurtling towards 60, the cruel sidee of me wonders if she has a better plastic surgeon than Katty "Joker" Manning...

If the Cyberstory is half as good as the BF audio it's based on we're in for a treat.

Is each episode of Who going to get it's own thread like last year or will it be all chucked in here?

Quote:
should be the best series for 17 years (damn the Cartmel years for being so ****ing good, disabling that from being a more grandiose number
That's where the Davies has the advantage- The entire nation seems to have blocked out everything good about post Tom Who (including the fact that the Davison years did very well ratings wise). It means that ideas done in the McCoy era can now be recycled as exciting new inovations with only the faithful knowing otherwise (see Daleks going upstairs, and I'm betting Rose's relationship with SJS won't be any different from Ace's with the Brigader in the video of Battlefield...)