Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2006-07-01, 12:47 AM   #21
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Matrix Keeper

California
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek:
Wierd Al didn't write a new song for the last one- The producers asked to use a song from his then latest album or somesuch.
Right. Most (if not all) of the artists whose songs were used in the non-Vince DiCola parts were chosen because they were on the label the soundtrack was going to be release on, Scotti Brothers.

Grandmaster Shockwaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 08:24 AM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb Re: Re: I hope the soundtrack to the new TF movie doesnt suck

Quote:
Originally posted by Rurudyne
Having Iron Hide briefly listen to Keith's 9/11 rabble rousing war song, even if only for a moment as a door opens to a room where he'd been alone, would be very in tune with his character though.

He could also adjust the words or else say something like "Of course, it's no where near as good as Seperatist's slam against the 'Cons for what they did in Altihex!"
God, if they did that I think I'd take up terrorism. It'd be the thing that flipped my switch.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 08:31 AM   #23
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Lightbulb

I hope the sountrack is comprised solely of songs from "Merry Christmas with the Smurfs". And maybe a weird harmonica instrmental composed by Beck.

bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookblaghbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook bookbookbookbookbookbook
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 05:43 PM   #24
Rurudyne
Unicron

North Texas
Default Re: Re: Re: I hope the soundtrack to the new TF movie doesnt suck

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
God, if they did that I think I'd take up terrorism. It'd be the thing that flipped my switch.
Well, I only said "in tune with his character" ... not that they'd actually do it or that it would be a good call on their part if they did.

Actually, they could have fun with the soundtrack if Perceptor, Jazz and Blaster are all in the show. I could see Perceptor tuning into classical music for its beautiful and complex harmonics and the latter (gleefuly) changing the station over to R&B or hard rock whenever they were in the room.

Of course, I'm evil. But you probably guessed that already.

Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Rurudyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 07:47 PM   #25
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

They'll definately have a music loving TF in the film- Probably Jazz (either that or they'll make Ironhide a funky beat lover just to make fanboys scream)- Just to get as much of the "Official soundtrack" in the film as they can.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 07:18 AM   #26
Blast-Off

Helsinki, Finland

Quote:
Originally posted by Osku
My only wish would be that there'll be no lyrics. Just instrumental music. But I quess that's unrealistic.
Not necessarily. It happened on Alien vs. Predator also. Of course the environment was less populated.

I do not agree that the original Transformers cartoon is bad, but I do agree that my opinion is probably biased.

I actually don't like signatures.
Blast-Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 12:42 AM   #27
adamtron

Default Composer Steve Jablonsky

A composer named Steve Jablonsky did the music to The Transformers (2007) movie Trailer (commercial). It looks like he may be doing the score to the film. It is orchestral with synth and ambient sounds. You can read the article here:

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=776

adamtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 09:22 PM   #28
Sixswitch
Rameses Niblik The Third, Kerplunk Kerplunk, Whoops, Where's My Thribble

Sent to outer space, to find another happy place.

Most films have reasonable enough sound tracks. Heavy metal music would certainly not be appropriate, and neither would 80s hair music.

I'd like to see a Blade/Fast & Furious style mix, personally.

But maybe that's just me.

-Ss

I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sixswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 09:31 PM   #29
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sixswitch
Heavy metal music would certainly not be appropriate
How so? Certainly appropriate for any action scenes you'd find in a war flick.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-09, 06:52 PM   #30
eternalshades
Dinobot

here's my 2 cents on the subject

1. no rap, it just doesn't fit the overall feel. Besides I'm still angry about the drej they put on the kill bill soundtrack.

2. it will need about 1/3 orchastra accompanient, minimum. Many scenes do better with such accompaniment.
My choice for this is somebody like john williams, only cheaper.

3. Hard Rock and metal should be another 3rd to a quarter of the music. Of these, they should have Rage against the Machine to do an original song. Both for the band's name and overall quality. Another song, if they can get the rights to it, is iron man by black sabbath. Other songs that would be great are big gun by acdc (aka megatron's theme), More human then human by Rob zombie, and Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It.

4. I also want some old school military marching music on the sound track. It helps put it into perspective that these mechanical life forms are soldiers, first and formost. I would turn to Hell's march from command and conquer as an example of what I sorta want for it.

5. I would also put in a couple of retro - 80's songs for the lighter parts and less violent parts. some ideas are Martika - Toy Soldiers, Nena/99 Luftballons (as a touch of irony), Bon Jovi - Livin' On a Prayer and something from David Bowie and/or Cory Hart.

6. If they must include songs from the original movie, only two qualify. Stan Bushes' you got the touch , and N.R.G.'s Instruments of destruction.

7. An idea I'm kicking is if Wierd al do an original piece for the movie. I loved his narratives of both star wars espiode 1 (better then the movie itself) and spiderman. If he did something similar, they could put it in the credits.

8. And lastly but not least, put the original transformer theme in the credits. It will be good for nostalgia sake. If they can't get the rights for it straight, do a variation.

eternalshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 08:41 AM   #31
coppertop
Micromaster

It's not too much to ask that it would be all-instrumental, many soundtracks are.
There really won't be any consensus about what band should or shouldn't be on the soundtrack. The logical thing to do is to get as far away from human as possible- all-electronic music ranging from ambient to breakbeat and industial, even noise.
Aphex-twin-like stuff would work great as accompanyment to a battle or an intense scene. The Vince Decola music wasn't terribly far off from the ideal, it was the right idea.
The music should sound clean, precise, a lot of rhythmic complexity to evoke binary intricity, driving at times at a pace only a machine can produce. I do like the idea of the marching snares evoking battle- anyone familiar with a modern drum corps drumline? I can imagine a dash of that element either in sound or rhythmic ideas.
Also, it would be great if some of the brilliant music from the cartoons could be incorporated, even if only subtly. A good composer could do a lot with the Autbot and Decepticon themes, and maybe even use some of the original battle music (though it may not translate to the big screen.)
I'm not getting my hopes up on the rhythms; most modern soundtracks clone the same swelling strings formula and don't take chances. However I will get my hopes up that Nickelback or some other rediculous band won't be making an appearance. Heck, I'll get my hopes up that the soundtrack will be all instrumental- and that the look of the movie will live up to the beautiful gels and the unrevealing preview.

Until they put Optimus Prime on a 5 and 1/4 floppy, Make Mine Marvel!!
coppertop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 06:14 AM   #32
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December
Default Re: Re: I hope the soundtrack to the new TF movie doesnt suck

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Wierd Al didn't write a new song for the last one- The producers asked to use a song from his then latest album or somesuch.
Which was sort of his parody of DEVO. (Sorry, but I can't be bothered to post on-topic. )

Zisteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 06:30 AM   #33
Rurudyne
Unicron

North Texas

Just so long as they DON'T let the same people who did Jimmy Neutron's theme song ... with their whiney rock redux ... arrange the score.

Actually, ANY form of whiney rock would be just cause for a lynching.

Standup Philosopher

Old 2006-07-16, 02:20 PM   #34
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

You mean like Stan Bush?

Old 2006-07-17, 11:31 AM   #35
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

Although it came from a game, the Transformers Armada game's soundtrack worked pretty nice. A bigger version of something similar could work well.

DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 02:07 PM   #36
Rurudyne
Unicron

North Texas

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You mean like Stan Bush?
CJ ... please understand, when I was a kid I was regaled every night by the dubvious mix of Duran-Duran from the east (my sister's room) and the Chipmunk's Christmas Album from the north (my brother's room).

Any wonder I have an adversion to whiney rock and feel like killing something when I hear singing rodents?

Standup Philosopher

Old 2006-07-17, 02:13 PM   #37
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Duran Duran are ****ing awesome.

Old 2006-07-17, 02:16 PM   #38
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Ruru- You're so lucky my mother doesn't post here, she'd rip you limb from limb for insulting Duran Duran Duran.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 02:39 PM   #39
Rurudyne
Unicron

North Texas

I'm not insulting Duran Duran ... just explaining why I run for the hills ...

Imagine ...

"The reflex" "me, I want" "is a" "hula hoop" "lonely" "Christmas day" "child" "can hardly wait" "waiting in the" "Santa don't be late"

Don't condemn me till you've suffered like me.

EDIT: A "wall of sound" it might've been ... but Spectre would have been horrified.

Standup Philosopher

Old 2006-07-17, 03:01 PM   #40
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

I should understand that by the numbers AOR like "Dare" or "The Touch" isn't 'whiney rock', but, say, "The Chaffuer" or, well, to be honest, just about anything else Duran recorded as they were more of a dance/glam/funk band (they're Young Americans + Scary Monsters, basically) than outright rock?

You make no sense. Start making sense ASAP k pls thanx.

As I've said elsewhere many times before (I swear blind there were topics on the soundtrack for this film before there were topics wondering who'd be in it), I see no reason for it to have a soundtrack as opposed to a score at all. Get Kraftwerk to do it, they like/are robots.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2006-07-17 at 03:03 PM.