Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2006-06-30, 07:36 PM   #41
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I quite liked the teaser, to be honest. Whether it's going to be genuinely good or just Independance Day style mindless fun, or maybe even a complete turkey, I still don't know.
No doubt like Infiltration (and X-Men for that matter) a lot of peeps will be saying the sequel will be better and we shouldn't judge it till the next one adds to it...

inflatable dalek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 07:52 PM   #42
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Wink

Be fair, much more happened in that teaser than Infiltration 0-5.

Oh, I'm joking, of course. Obviously.

<_<

>_>

0_<

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 07:57 PM   #43
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Still, between Megatron and the Sycorax you have to wonder why Blighty is still sending things into space...

Old 2006-06-30, 10:31 PM   #44
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
I take it you mean the Arnie version Terminator rather than the new Robert Patrick version in T2
Nah, the one that shares some of the design of Johnny Five, with guns.

http://www.geocities.com/yuenkitmun/...tordesign.html

Apparently T1 or T1-2 would be more accurate -- very blurry pic here:

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/...r3machines.htm

(It's in the T3 movie somewhere -- probably earlier on, as I stopped paying attention partway through...)

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 10:34 PM   #45
ravimus prime

Dublin
Smile

That was good. A bit stupid but you can't judge from a clip under a minute long. The transformer on Mars might not even appear like that in the film. I could barely make him out and people are compairing it to G1 Megatron...

ravimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 03:29 AM   #46
Omegaplex

Well if you ask me frame by frame I could see that robot actually being the suposed bumblebee shown earlier in the week. The way the arms look and the roundness of the head really reasembles what you could make out in that image.

Omegaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 10:28 AM   #47
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

I wanna see this!!! This is my fifth time trying to get into the trailer and I'm going slightly deranged trying to find out what everyone is talking about!!!

Lordy, I have got to get me a computer that works with broadband....

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 03:10 PM   #48
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

You may just want to check this out:

http://murdershow.net/post/2006-06-2...r-screen-caps/

It's not really worth downloading over 50Mb if you're on dial-up for ~2 mins of film.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 03:27 PM   #49
trilobitepictures
Dinobot

In a house. With walls even. I'M NORMAL!

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
My mom is going to be so pissed at them using the Beagle probe... Run Bay run!

"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

trilobitepictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 07:36 PM   #50
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Can I just say now that if TFVanguard's contributions to these threads are going to be basic defamation, then running off like a little girl being stalked by a paedo whenever someone comes up with a counter-argument/some actual facts, that's going to get pretty ****ing tiresome.

Any reason the thing needs to be 200000000000GB though? =( Damn Quicktime means I can't even run it through Movie Maker and knock it down...

Old 2006-07-01, 07:39 PM   #51
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Lightbulb

Actually, if the Beagle 2 is what brings the Transformers to Earth, that means the Open University and Colin Pilinger are responsible for all the death and carnage that follows, this man has brought doom upon us all!:

Old 2006-07-01, 08:04 PM   #52
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Can I just say now that if TFVanguard's contributions to these threads are going to be basic defamation...
I didn't realize that you would miss me so much, Cliffy. My wife would be jealous.

And, again, I pointed it out because YOU went on a G1-purity rant when no one on this thread even compared it to G1. My comments on the teaser were basically limited to:

a) CGI wasn't that impressive, but, as a teaser, it may not represent what's actually shown in the movie. (See Spiderman, for instance)

b) The 'government is hiding the TRUTH' cliche has been overplayed so much lately that I can't see it really getting much interest. Even the comics have overdone it at this point, so it's not a good thing to throw on a 'teaser'.

c) Micheal Bay's name is NOT a selling point, honestly. He obviously thinks otherwise.

d) They got the Beagle probe information wrong, which might have just been considered a nitpick if they weren't going for the 'truth is out there' angle.

You're the one who did the G1-purity rant in response, out of the blue, and then got pissy when I called you out on your 70 bazillionith rant on the subject.

So, now, I defy you, when did I ever say this movie must be G1? The closest I came was that I wondered why, if there's such a strong dissimilarity between the various Transformers lines, and this movie, why they wanted to use the license? And that mention wasn't even in this thread!

And, I'm waiting for Snoopy to go to Flying Ace mode and kick Megatron's ass!

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 08:29 PM   #53
Viewfind
RIDER KICK!

Philadelphia

Quote:
Originally posted by Clogs
I wanna see this!!! This is my fifth time trying to get into the trailer and I'm going slightly deranged trying to find out what everyone is talking about!!!

Lordy, I have got to get me a computer that works with broadband....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32xWEfFf5Y

Viewfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 08:51 PM   #54
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally posted by TFVanguard

And, again, I pointed it out because YOU went on a G1-purity rant when no one on this thread even compared it to G1.
Nope, I posted a joke, and then you posted the same crap you did in the Bumblebee thread about me being a "G1 hater". That you think my joke had anything to do with you is flattering yourself...

Quote:
And that mention wasn't even in this thread!
And I haven't said about hating G1 anywhere, ever, in the whole history of the board. Or the internet, really. Yet you still keep on saying it, despite the vast evidence to the contrary. You see, if you'd just stop posting baseless lies, I'd stop getting pissed off by you doing so. It's simple, isn't it? I think you'll find your bandying around of your cheap generalisations was the flashpoint here. Well done, that man.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2006-07-01 at 08:53 PM.
Old 2006-07-01, 10:16 PM   #55
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

FAO: Denyer and Viewfind - thanks, both links worked. OK, it took ages to see a stop-motion type picture with intermittent sound, but I SEED IT!

Now wondering why the Makuta is on Mars...

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 11:38 PM   #56
Bruticus13

Croydon, UK

So I got a little shiver when the Earth came into view and then the Transformers logo... reading the rest of this thread, I guess I'm one of the few...

"The point is, you're a fool."
Bruticus13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 01:18 AM   #57
trilobitepictures
Dinobot

In a house. With walls even. I'M NORMAL!

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
this man has brought doom upon us all!
Hooray! We're doomed!

"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

trilobitepictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 02:00 AM   #58
Pun-3X
Clinically dead since 1996

Nevada

I liked the setup. Didn't care for the way the robot looked in silhouette. And while the whole Government cover-up idea is old, it's also most likely the way we'd do it in real life.

I did enjoy the Transformers title coming across the screen with the way the music played in the background, so B13 you aren't the only one that enjoyed that moment. Also liked the effect in how it all transformed to the date--perhaps a showing of how they inted to make some of the transformations look in the movie?

Didn't care for Bay's name. Had a bit of an M Night Shyamalan vibe to it. Neither are all that great that we're going to get a chill from seeing the name plastered on the screen.

Still, it's early. Only thing you can really comment on is the quality of the teaser.

Pun-3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 06:35 AM   #59
DCJosh

Oregon

-Click to view my Digital Portfolio-
DCJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 06:55 AM   #60
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Between the Bionicle thing and that swell bit of photoshoppery, it's nice to see the reaction against what we've seen of the character designs so far.

Just in case anyone working on the movie skims the fanboards - FIRE YOUR ARTISTS AND DEAL WITH THE DELAYS!

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote