ATTN: Denyer

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

ATTN: Denyer

Post by Jaynz »

Hate to do this to you, but it's been made pretty clear that I'm not welcome here.

Please, as soon as you can, remove all material that I've submitted that remains within the 'fandom' section of the site. I would hate to 'stain' the place with my work. (You'll probably make Nevermore happy if you change your logo as well).

Thanks for hosting the material put up for this long, but I think, really, it's best served for everyone if I just let all my fan contributions just die off.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Mmm, sort of figured this was coming...
Originally posted by TFVanguard
Please, as soon as you can, remove all material that I've submitted that remains within the 'fandom' section of the site.
Hate to do this to you, but the fonts at least came with a statement of freeware. It wouldn't follow that future revisions would be, of course.

I'll block out the icon sets when I get next update sorted, although naturally feel free to try to strongarm Brendan's webhost in the meantime. They're large, Texas-based and fairly intractable.

It's a shame public disagreements end up as petty consequence-throwing.

Suppose it saves me finding time to go through that PHP generating code...
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

I only made the suggestion because some members here made it abundantly clear that I wasn't welcome - and I didn't feel that my work would be welcome either.

If you wish to keep what's here, then fine - I've got no problem with that, but I have no intention of continuing the remaining icon collections, et al, when I've got so many other things to be doing anyway.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I have no personal beef with you; I also don't like to see stuff like this where someone joins a forum purely to abuse another member and be a bigot. I value contributions to fans as a whole (of whom there're many more than those who post on forums) whether they come from one person or another -- use and resource are the things, rather than who runs a particular site.

Without managing to follow what disagreement is between Torsten and yourself, the best I can do in terms of moderating most of the time is to go through stuff as people send alerts.

And from what I can see, there are times you over-react... but that's no excuse for some of things that've been directed your way over the weekend.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

I have no personal beef with you; I also don't like to see stuff like this where someone joins a forum purely to abuse another member and be a bigot.
I had forgotten completely about that thread. (Recharge wasn't the person who posted, or whom I called the police on.. funny that he thought it was him, though...)
And from what I can see, there are times you over-react... but that's no excuse for some of things that've been directed your way over the weekend.
Internet hatred. Nevermore, for instance, popping up about the whole Skir and guns thing... Remember when that was? Why, that would be 1999, seven years ago.

To a point, I'm used to it. But it's frustrating when some of the guys who do this (mostly part of the same clique of guy) start becoming mods and admin and start handling things accordingly.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

1999, seven years ago.
With data retention, every day becomes yesterday. And yet lot of the kids currently bigging up Myspace and Facebook grasp it more poorly than some of the people that formed early ATT about seven years before that...

Thing is, I know Torsten's not part of that particular clique -- and nor's anyone else who's an active poster, as far as I'm aware. People just have histories of what others said directly available to them. Throw in a cynical assessment that personalities don't change, and many generally feel well-qualified to speak, it seems.

I'm in the camp of not caring about histories unless they've specific bearing on a discussion, and hopefully that comes across in the moderating. When I have to do it, and when I stumble across things.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

I'm "Klava" now? Heh, of all the things people can accuse me of, hiding my identity is so not on the list. You would think I would be using alts everywhere else, if that were the case... jeeze.

But, you're right, there's a long history there - though most of it I'm actually not a part of. There's a lot of BS drama that centered around events at TLY back in 1996 or so, most of which I was tangental to. A lot of lies were spoken by various parties, and since I had left and couldn't defend myself - I got pinned for a lot of stuff that really didn't happen. ... made somewhat worse by a couple of things that did. :S

And, for some people, you're right, the 'internet hatred' has been going on, renewed every once in a while, ever since.

Giving perspective, though, at the time, I had one daughter in first grade. She's now a sophomore, and has two little sisters.. one of which now in second grade.

An awful long time for people not to hold onto hate, really. I'm honestly sad for them, since it means that there's nothing in their own lives that are otherwise worth it. :S
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Denyer
not caring about histories

I love that- "I'm not homophobic as this photo of someone who may be me in a room with some men who may be gay must prove!"
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Re: ATTN: Denyer

Post by tahukanuva »

Hate to do this to you, but it's been made pretty clear that I'm not welcome here.

Hate to see you go, man. I enjoyed the stuff you added to the site.:(
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I love that- "I'm not homophobic as this photo of someone who may be me in a room with some men who may be gay must prove!"

That's Allspark's Fangwing, who is gay.. but I always found that holding up a 'token gay friend' as such kinda proves that you ARE homophobic in some capacity.

Like I said, though, who really cares about such laundry?

But I do want to thank Denyer and Scout, in particular, for putting to right what the situation here actually is, and helping me out.