• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2006-08-22, 04:10 PM   #1
TFArchive
King Lurker

Ottawa, Ontario
Default Vote for Favourite Line from TF:TM

YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT POLLS TRANSFORMERS FANS ON THEIR FAVORITE LINE FROM TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE

Voting Open On The Official Web Site For TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION DVD Which Hits Retail November 7th

New York, New York, August 22, 2006 — The home entertainment group of SONY BMG Music Entertainment once again is reaching out to TRANSFORMERS fans around the world in preparation for the November 7th release of TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD.

Beginning today, fans can log onto www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com and vote for their favorite quote from TRANSFORMERS: The Movie. Fans will be able to cast their vote all week, choosing among a selection of memorable lines. The winning quote will be revealed Tuesday, August 29th as part of “TRANSFORMERS Tuesday” – and the release of the TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD.

Every Tuesday, new information regarding the 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD will be posted on www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com. Fans will be able to keep tabs on all of the happenings with this special DVD, including details about the exclusive footage and interviews and other spectacular materials that will be included on this title.

For the 20th anniversary edition, Sony BMG Home Entertainment completely re-mastered and color-corrected the film and will present Optimus Prime, Megatron and the rest of the star-studded Autobots and Decepticons in true splendor through three distinct versions: 16x9 Widescreen presentation, the Autobot Matrix of Knowledge presentation featuring trivia and fun facts about the movie itself; and a full-screen edition.

To further commemorate the 20th anniversary of the film, SONY BMG is providing fans with some extra-celebratory content that lets them track back to the true origins of the TRANSFORMERS, including original commercials for the toy line and movie.

Sony BMG Home Entertainment is expanding the DVD’s collectibility to the packaging itself. The company has commissioned fan-favorite artist Don Figueroa to create the imagery for a special “transforming” cover.

TRANSFORMERS: The Movie features the voice of Orson Welles in his final role, as well as stars Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack, John Moschitta, Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker. The DVD also features a winning soundtrack featuring the iconic theme "The TRANSFORMERS" performed by Lion, and the popular "The Touch," performed by Stan Bush. The movie, set in 2005, chronicles the efforts of the heroic Autobots to defend their home of Cybertron from the evil Decepticons and Unicron, a huge robotic creature that devours planets.

For more information on TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD log onto www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com

About SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is a global recorded music joint venture with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. SONY BMG is 50% owned by Bertelsmann A.G. and 50% owned by Sony Corporation of America.

TFArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 04:11 PM   #2
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

"I gotta better things to do tonight than die."

*pointed look at Arcee*

[/Springer]

[/Thefallenone]

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 04:18 PM   #3
TFArchive
King Lurker

Ottawa, Ontario

I think we can safely assume it won't be Spike's only useful line, hehe

TFArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 04:18 PM   #4
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

You're all wrong. It's the countdown on Moonbase 1. Only the coolest me could do that. It's the turning point of the movie. If I hadn't have got that countdown right, Unicron would never have been killed.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 04:28 PM   #5
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Gotta be "Oh ****! What're we gonna do now?!" because he used a naughty word in front of children. Hur, hur.

Hrmmm . . . I dunno. None of them were that especially memorable, and I haven't watched it in well over a year or two . . .

They're really trying to whore out this particular release of the DVD, aren't they? So, what's the next thing we vote on?

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 04:46 PM   #6
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You're all wrong. It's the countdown on Moonbase 1. Only the coolest me could do that. It's the turning point of the movie. If I hadn't have got that countdown right, Unicron would never have been killed.
Well, as a injoke at Cassey presenting the US version of Top of the Pops (does that mean you're played by the American Jimmy Saville?) it's nice enough.

I like the bit where Jazz gets a axe in the back from the Joker.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 04:59 PM   #7
Mikotron

Edinboro,Pennsylvania usa

"Destroy Unicron, kill the grand puba, eliminated even the toughest stains."

not sure puba is the right word but that's what it sounds like to me in the movie.
please correct me if i'm wrong.

Mikotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 05:15 PM   #8
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

It was "poobah" in the draft of the script... what that actually means, though... possibly a reference to an old TV show...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 05:28 PM   #9
Ozz
One with the Matrix

I'm on the roof and I'm staring at the stars...
Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Poobah

I'd vote for Springer's line. Or Hot Rod's "We've got to get a new travel agent". Completeing the top three is the one that didn't get to final version of the movie. When they see Unicron and Kup says that he'd never seen anything like that before. In the comic adaptation, Hot Rod answers: "Well, I knew there had to be a first time".

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 05:37 PM   #10
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Aside from the fact that it's kind of retarded, isn't the "One shall stand and one shall fall" or his "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" like kind of like the quintisential Prime lines in that movie?

And what about "'Til all are one!" That's like the movie tag line (and one that has survived the two decades to still be found in G1 fiction today).

Ah well, it's not like people pay attention to those kind of DVD extras anyway.

Last edited by Brimstone; 2006-08-22 at 05:41 PM.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 05:39 PM   #11
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone
And what about "'Til all are one!" That's like the movie tag line (and one that has survived the two decades to still be found in G1 fiction today).
Though relatively recently just about the whole script could be found in DW's output...

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 06:44 PM   #12
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck
Unhappy

No Blaster? Is there a write in campaign?

Sociopathic Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 07:32 PM   #13
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure

For me it has to be Prime declaring 'One shall stand, one shall fall.'
If only for the sense of irony it brings about when they both actually fall....Megs just falls further and harder!

AutobotJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 07:43 PM   #14
TopHat II
Banned

In a cement block, under Western NY
Default STARSCREAM:

"AGGH! My foot!"

TopHat II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 08:11 PM   #15
Unicron
Time for plan bee-weeoop

How could they not put "I can't deal with that now" on the ballot?

Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 08:17 PM   #16
TopHat II
Banned

In a cement block, under Western NY
Default SLAG:

"Excuse me!"

TopHat II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 09:23 PM   #17
Darkwand

Sweden

Megatrons - "Attack" as every decepticon flies out of the shuttle, transforms and speed off towards Autobot City.

Darkwand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 10:01 PM   #18
starscreamjericho

jacksonville,fl

Starscream:
"Astrotrain has requested we lighten our load".

megs saying "wait I still function" starscream :"wanna bet"

or Megatron
"Soundwave don't leave me".

and Rumble
"what he say his name was"

starscreamjericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 10:03 PM   #19
starscreamjericho

jacksonville,fl

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
Gotta be "Oh ****! What're we gonna do now?!" because he used a naughty word in front of children. Hur, hur.

Hrmmm . . . I dunno. None of them were that especially memorable, and I haven't watched it in well over a year or two . . .

They're really trying to whore out this particular release of the DVD, aren't they? So, what's the next thing we vote on?

the next thing vote on will be your transformer death in the movie.

starscreamjericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 10:20 PM   #20
Mikotron

Edinboro,Pennsylvania usa

Quote:
Originally posted by starscreamjericho
the next thing vote on will be your transformer death in the movie.
That would have to be Ironhide being blasted in the head for me.

Mikotron is offline   Reply With Quote