Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2006-08-25, 12:44 AM   #41
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravage
Boycott now I say!
Hey, I'm up for doing my part to ruin the excitement for this movie too, but the art designers beat us to it.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 01:56 AM   #42
Transfannabeel
Matrix Keeper

in the corner losing my religion

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
See, that's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure that anyone would even remember a year from now.
Couldn't it be marked on the board's calendar?

Transfannabeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 02:22 AM   #43
jhlucas

Mississippi, USA

I have to admit, the Megatron design is just...uhhhhggg-ly!

I think the Blackout design would have made a better Megatron.

jhlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 02:43 AM   #44
Ravage
Primus

In the depths of blackest Hell. Or just Vermont

I mean I do understand the whole idea of recreating the look and making it new for the movie. However this is making it look like ass. Oh well at least we have the TF Classics line.

The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 02:58 AM   #45
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

Quote:
Originally posted by TFVanguard
But I'm willing to bet, right now, $100 that this won't last one month in general release theatres.
I'm probably sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I'd be sure to define one month as well. Would hate to see it get ugly because the movie ran for four weeks but was not quite one full calendar month.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 05:48 AM   #46
Markus

behind you with a chainsaw

Hi, I've been checking out the things on this message board for a little while now, but now I've finally registered.

Now, with that out of the way, every one of the transformers in this movie look like crap.

The only one that is passable in my opinion is Starscream, but even he has a rather "unique" head.

I found the pics of Megatron on another site, since the pics were removed from the link in this thread.

http://www.filmwad.com/first-pics-of...ron-946-p.html

As you can see, if this is Megatron, then my desire to see this movie just died.

When I found out they were doing a Transformers live action movie, I was excited beyond belief, but slowly my excitement has been turning to dread, and if this is indeed what Megatron looks like, then this is the final nail in the coffin. He doesn't even have an arm cannon for God's sake!

I mean, this is just horrible. The Transformers are becoming bastardized by Hollywood movies and it appears they are just using the name value of the Transformers to sell this movie.

I was expecting so much with this movie, and now, unless a major upheaval is made, I won't be seeing this dreck.

Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 08:38 AM   #47
Thundercracker1

Ohio

Okay, the more pics I see of the concept art for this movie the less thrilled I am to see it. And this Megatron is just horrible. I didn't expect it to look EXACTLY like the original Megatron, but SOME similarities would be nice.........Man, I'm actually kind of dreading this movie now.

The deadliest weapon is terror.
Thundercracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 09:34 AM   #48
Almighty Galvatron

Gone drinking
Thumbs down

Says it all really...

edit: did anyone else notice he has a tail?

Last edited by Almighty Galvatron; 2006-08-25 at 11:52 AM.
Almighty Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 12:12 PM   #49
Lord_Unicron
Protoform

The Netherlands

Ah hell, I don't like this at all. I was ok with the prime look and blackout look but this kinda pisses me off.

Lord_Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 01:33 PM   #50
Kyo28

So uh, this is a Transformers spoof movie they're making, right? Kinda like Space Balls relates to Star Wars?

Kyo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 02:31 PM   #51
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyo28
So uh, this is a Transformers spoof movie they're making, right? Kinda like Space Balls relates to Star Wars?
Spaceballs did have a proper lead actor...

Nah, this is the first thing I've seen that I'm really not that keen on. Though I'm pretty anti-Megatron all across the board, what with the Comedy Angry Eyebrows/Silly 'Camoflague'/Dinosaur Head For An Arm/Nerf Gun/Silly 50ft Shoulder Span. It's a shame that only kitbashers ever seem to have nailed a totally decent look for Megatron... Hoping for it to be a Cybertronian form, but even then it's not too hot.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 06:46 PM   #52
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Originally posted by Notabot
I'm probably sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but I'd be sure to define one month as well. Would hate to see it get ugly because the movie ran for four weeks but was not quite one full calendar month.
One calendar month. Easier to remember and less arguing that way.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 07:24 PM   #53
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

30 days, then?

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 08:27 PM   #54
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Same day of the month, the next month after the movie's release. (So, if 7-7 is the release, then 8-7 is the deadline).

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 08:32 PM   #55
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Which would be 31 days. Believe it opens July 4 and July has 31 days, so 31 days later would be August 4.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 09:41 PM   #56
GluteusMaximusPrime

Default Advice for Hasbro, Paramount Pictures and the film-making crew on the up-coming July

Advice for Hasbro, Paramount Pictures and the film-making crew on the up-coming July 4, 2007 Transformers Live-Action film.

After seeing the proto-designs for the up-coming transformers movie, I have been rudely reminded of earlier annoyances by Hasbro’s inept decision making regarding its Transformers products. About 3-3and1/2 years ago when the alternators/binaltech line debuted I was extremely excited. I thought to myself “wow, modern car manufacturer updates of G1 transformers characters!” As the months progressed however, Hasbro started to release certain character designs that made absolutely no sense to me. I vented this frustration last year when the designs for a Dodge Ram pick-up truck as Optimus Prime were initially released. For more info, see my rant below at these two addresses at Tfarchive.com

http://www.tfarchive.com/community/s...threadid=32622

http://www.tfarchive.com/community/s...threadid=33265

Anyway, when news of a live-action Transformers movie was released by Hasbro I again went ecstatic. I was so hopeful that this movie would be a great re-creation of my childhood obsession with the 80’s cartoon. I was also hoping that the alternator/binaltech character designs would be incorporated into the up-coming movie. It just made perfect sense to me that 21st century updated transformers car designs should go into the 2007 Transformers movie. This would give Hasbro and Takara great returns on their financial investments into the alternator/binaltech designs since most people are really unaware of these toys.
However, slowly but surely, little by little, my hopes were dashed as news of the script and other aspects of the movie were leaked to the public. This latest debacle with the releasing of Transformers movie character designs including Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream and others, is the most disturbing development to date. Why don’t they use what would please most of the fans? There are already “movie-status” designs out there for these three characters: MP-01 Optimus Prime, the blueprints I keep seeing circulating around the web for a tank design of Megatron and finally, the MP-03 Starscream jet soon-to-be released.
Furthermore, I don’t understand what Hasbro is doing with the direction of this movie. The perfect script for this movie and its character designs is right under Hasbro’s nose in the original cartoon plot line. All you have to do is follow that story and you’ll have a great movie. This was done with the first installment of the 3 Spiderman movies and look at what a success that has been. If I were directing this movie I would take cues from Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by telling an epic story of war, tragedy and redemption, using the past as reference to present circumstances.

Here’s a general outline for a Transformers movie plot. You all should be familiar with this already.

Just like Lord of the Rings in The Fellowship of the Ring, start at the beginning. The first 15-25 minutes or so of the movie will tell us how the race of Transformers came into being; how they were all created by the Quintessons as slaves on the planet of Cybertron. The Decepticons were the descendants of military hardware which protected the interests of their Quintesson masters and the Autobots were the descendents of manufacturing hardware. When the Transformers successfully rebelled against their masters, they then went to war against one another. (Picture this on the big screen folks, similar to the epic massive battle scenes in The Lord of the Rings, legions of Autobots on Cybertron against legions of Decepticons.)
The Decepticons, being designed for warfare, and thus not inclined to peaceful relations with others, sought conquest and domination, while the Autobots wanted to coexist in peace. This began a long Cybertronian civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons that raged on for millennia and continued up to the point where Cybertron was drained of its natural energy resource, the element upon which all transformers thrive: energon. The Autobots, led by the current possessor of the Autobot Matrix (Optimus Prime, formerly Orion Pax) then set out in search of replenishing Cybertron’s lost energon. The Autobots were pursued by the Decepticons, led by their leader Megatron, to a previously unknown planet that we call earth and crash landed there millions of years ago (during the age of dinosaurs), before the emergence of modern humans.
It was not until the 20th century, or 21st for our day, when the Autobots, and their uninvited guests, the Decepticons, aboard the Ark were reawakened by Teletran 1, which reformatted their alternate transformation modes to fit what it thought were the dominant species on planet earth: automobiles and other air or sea-borne vehicles, including other electrical-mechanical objects of human technology. When the Decepticons realized the abundance of the planet’s natural resources they immediately began to exploit this opportunity. When the Autobots realized that the humans were the true dominant species on the planet and that the humans were unable to protect themselves from the Decepticons’ pillaging, the Autobots allied themselves with the humans against the Decepticons. The goal of the Decepticons was to gather enough energon from earth’s natural resources and somehow return to Cybertron to end their war once and for all against the Autobots who were already teetering on the edge of defeat there.

The above was a brief summary of the original Generation 1 story and plot line of the Transformers. I don’t know about you guys, but this sounds like the makings of a great sci-fi summer blockbuster movie to me. Also, the alternator/binaltech and masterpiece Prime and Starscream characters should be used. Let me know what you guys think.

GluteusMaximusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 10:49 PM   #57
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

I'd quite like to see Binalternor-inspired designs, or at least some recognisable vehicle parts on the robots. I'd rather not see an adaptation of MTMTE / the first few issues of the old comics. That's me personally.

I think closer to the movie we're going to end up with only staff allowed to create threads in the news forum.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 10:56 PM   #58
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Oh, but then how will FanboyMaximus be able attention seek with his preachy babble?

I think something along the roughlines of Infiltration (but with a plot) would actually work best as a film, again with the Binaltech designs... I'm prepared to see what this gives me - I thought BW was sacrilege until I actually watched some, whereas heavily G1-influenced new material of recent years has largely been disappointing (largely because the raw archetypes have been superceded by a lot of decent fanfic).

This way, we have the option of disowning

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 11:49 PM   #59
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

i'm really hoping that is a cybertronian model. The "Alien Jet" gives me evidence to believe that this is a cybertronian design.

if there is this much shown of the cybertron transformers, that may be way cool. I really liked the first 10 min of MTMTE.

Come on and wind me up.
another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-26, 12:52 AM   #60
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus
Hi, I've been checking out the things on this message board for a little while now, but now I've finally registered.

Now, with that out of the way, every one of the transformers in this movie look like crap.
I don't normally welcome new people (just too lazy), but your views are similar to mine, so I say, "Welcome to TFArchive. View our official FAQ here."

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
I'd quite like to see Binalternor-inspired designs, or at least some recognisable vehicle parts on the robots. I'd rather not see an adaptation of MTMTE / the first few issues of the old comics. That's me personally.
You wouldn't have thought it would have been that hard for them to do either, and even then they could still go with their insane desire to show a lot of wacky interior parts too.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote