• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2004-07-27, 07:45 PM   #21
davetherave
Banned

G1 is what transformers are all about I'm 26 and I know alot about design and animation and unlike nevermore I have friends and respect other peoples opinions, i don't do replys to cuss other people, I personally hate armada and beast wars, but i respect the way beastwars storyline took the g1 story into account, and in some ways I caan understand why people might like beast wars etc. But energon looks like it was designed by kids.

I spend alot of money on reissues, originals and of course binaltech, so I like many others want to see the toys we grew up with portrayed correctly. people in hollywood are always mucking things up. And with people like nevermore darknewsbug, backing up everything don murphy seems to be saying, and to compare stuff to an armarda cartoon with prime and his creature from the lagon fish face, just proves u ain't got a clue what your talking about, cause you don't seem to have an opinion of your own. I bet you buy anything they dish out and I bet you enjoyed free willy and I bet u got the sequels on dvd. Good Luck 2 U.

All the rest of u keep ranting, they have 2 review the sites to see how their news is being received and this is the onlky way we can tell them.

RANT RANT RANT
"Freedom of speach is the right for all sentinel beings"

davetherave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 08:05 PM   #22
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by davetherave
energon looks like it was designed by kids.
It was designed for kids. If you can't see a difference between the two things, you have no understanding of design or marketing.

Bright, often primary colours. Simple transformations. Robust, slightly chunky feel to the toys. And make no mistake, it is all about the toys as far as Hasbro are concerned. Any quality fiction produced is merely a happy accident.

Quote:
I like many others want to see the toys we grew up with portrayed correctly.
As fragile, unposeable lumps of metal and plastic with lots of small pieces to lose? Did you mean 'characters', perhaps?

Quote:
Y no dinobots thats stupid, the dinobots weren't created cause there's dinos on earth today, they were done from research on earths past life.
Only in several piss-poor excuses for cartoon episodes in which Donald Glut contradicted the series editor, tech specs and other media.

Quote:
"Freedom of speach is the right for all sentinel beings"
That's "speech" and "sentient".

Don't get me wrong—I have zero interest in Energon beyond a handful of toys, a shelf of original 84-85 series TFs and Grimlock is probably my favourite Transformers. I'd prefer a documentary, war-oriented movie which would no doubt leave small children traumatised and incontinent in the aisles.

However, I have realistic expectations, as I think does Nevermore.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 08:14 PM   #23
Reflector
Official Energon Bitch

Lost in the supermarket
Thumbs up

Quote:
i don't do replys to cuss other people [...] just proves u ain't got a clue what your talking about, cause you don't seem to have an opinion of your own. I bet you buy anything they dish out and I bet you enjoyed free willy and I bet u got the sequels on dvd.
UR k00L.

Anyway, I don't really like the "seven core members" clause, but I am glad they're listening to fan input. Here's hoping we don't screw it up for ourselves...

Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 08:20 PM   #24
ItsMeTrev

Cali

Denyer: I'm talking about a Feature Film not some cartoon. If they want Japanese influence they will bring them here. The technology for film making is here in the US. The only thing that would be out of the states would be to shoot on lacation. The Matrix was filmed in Australia. Its just cheaper to leave the US and being that Japan is more expensive then the US, I don't think they will do much of it there.

ItsMeTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 08:31 PM   #25
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Wink

'Flec, these aren't like the ones you saw in Shrek.

Trev: I agree Japan is unlikely to be used as a live-action location, but that's far from the only way films 'go' to other countries. In particular, Takara is the major driving force—if you'll excuse the pun—behind Transformers design (toys, concept mechanics, etc.)

Old 2004-07-27, 08:34 PM   #26
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Now Don asks fans for input on who should direct:
http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showt...=&threadid=577

Spielberg and Zemeckis are NOT an option, as it seems.

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 08:35 PM   #27
Preda-bot

I agree with some of the thing Don said and there are some I don't.
First of all I agree we need to change this so called "Size changing" or
"Mass-shifting" because it just plain dump and I can't see gun
transform into a huge mencing robot. You may said each peices transform
into smaller peices but that leave one ploblem: It will be one hell of a heavy
gun. Then there the "sub-space", some of these mass can be shift in to it.
It require unityction of Geneal Phyisic and Quantum thoery and with
the help of multi-verse stuff. It could work but we don't have a confirm
thoery to support it even down right to the unityction.( Even so there is
Sting Theory that explian the unitction but it still unconfirm.) So therefore
it make rather the hollywood and aundince hard to take it.
I disagree with Don about Dino and Beast. Wha t so wrong about that?
I can envision gaint metalic Beast/Dino that transform into gaint robot.

In my opinion Beast Wars ruled over G1.

Preda-bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 09:19 PM   #28
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Preda-bot
I can't see gun transform into a huge mencing robot.
That's actually the point; you can watch it happening. It doesn't actually require explanation, any more than any of the special effects on Star Trek or in Star Wars.

Old 2004-07-27, 09:31 PM   #29
davetherave
Banned

energon looks like it was designed by kids.
It was designed for kids. If you can't see a difference between the two things, you have no understanding of design or marketing.

I do have understanding of design and marketing it's my job I'M A DESIGNER. What I was saying is energon is for kids but so was G1 and we didn't need no camp flourescent gimmicks to make me want them transforming was enough.

And as for mass shifting being a dumb idea, look what hollywood does all the time, look at spiderman, when he first confronts his bully he punches him in the chest and he flys all the way down the hall, if u want to talk about physics, if u hit someone that hard your fist would end up in their chest they woodn't bounce off and fly down the hall would they.

Hollywood has done much more stupider things than mass shifting, they are aliens after all how can we apply earth physics to them.

If hollywood does not accept this than maybe transformers the movie might not be transformers, but maybe hollywood will start making good films again like in the 80s.

And it's nice to see someone else agrees that a japanese influence would be good, Nevermore maybe u need to see battle royale, ichi the killer, shiri shiri, fulltime killer and legend of zuu. These have good effects, or good storylines which hollywood has failed to do for some decades now.

Who remembers the goonies, and stand by me, these were the days when kids films were magical and not cheesey. What ever the film turns out to be none of us are going to be happy.

It makes me sick to read that people want all other generations from G1 but that is only my opinion, But beast wars has started to grow on me [the storyline that is]. I'd rather they do a beast wars movie so all you guys cood be happy, and energon for all u energon guys.

Trying to make eveyone happy can often end in disaster. Ive been waiting 20 years for a g1 movie and beastwars peeps have only been waiting 10 at the most correct me if I'm wrong.

? So does everyone think they shood mix and match or do seperate films.
don't forget this is gonna be the most amazing thing to hit the big screen if they do it right, so sequels are bound to come they cood spread the story out.

Old 2004-07-27, 09:46 PM   #30
Elita-One

California

I think that you may have to come to the realization that a movie is just that, a movie.

Quote:
And as for mass shifting being a dumb idea, look what hollywood does all the time, look at spiderman, when he first confronts his bully he punches him in the chest and he flys all the way down the hall, if u want to talk about physics, if u hit someone that hard your fist would end up in their chest they woodn't bounce off and fly down the hall would they.
Its just a movie. Its suppose to entertain us, nothing more than that.

Quote:
Trying to make eveyone happy can often end in disaster. Ive been waiting 20 years for a g1 movie...
One came out in 86 (If I have my dates correct). It was called Transformers: The Movie.

Anyways, I am looking forward to this movie, and I know that with future announcements and more definate info, I will get very very excited!

And thank you to everyone who has taken time to find all of this info and post it here!!

Elita-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 09:54 PM   #31
bluekatt

residing in the upper echelon of unpredictatbility

but thats animated E
this geewun fanboi is whining about a life action movie
as if that makes any differnce
a movie is a movie
* puts spiderman 1 on *
sodd the physics

and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
bluekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 10:16 PM   #32
davetherave
Banned

Yeah i know there was that movie but one of my m8s tricked me wen i was young and said he had a pirated copy of a tf live action movie, he said it was people in special suits [please remember I was very very young 6 or something] I got so excited nobody was crazy about transformers as much as me in my school. I knew it was impossible but because I wanted to see a live action tf movie of it so much I beleived him, the next day he said he was only joking.

I still long for this movie that I had my hopes on. And when I heard they were actually gonna make a G1 live action movie well I freeked out, hollywood has done me wrong in the past, robocop 1 was pukka, but then they made a sequel again I was excited only to be let down, time and time again hollywood has let me down. And now they are taking my life dream and picking at it

Secondly
Elita One I know a movie is for entertainment, I wasn't the one saying it was dumb for megatron to mass shift in size, I was mearly saying hollywood has done plenty of dumb things before, I have mixed feelings on this myself wiv mass shifting, but megatron has been doing this for 20 years and we weren't complaining was we. You really should pay more attentoin. lol nah pick all u want it gives me something to reply too when I wanna have a break from working.

Old 2004-07-27, 10:23 PM   #33
davetherave
Banned

Default U WHAT

No I'm not whinning I'm jus voicing my opiniom m8, don't know what ur doing, I wasn't complaining about the physics, I was commenting on someone else who had something sensible to say.

Old 2004-07-27, 10:24 PM   #34
Elita-One

California

Quote:

You really should pay more attentoin. lol nah pick all u want it gives me something to reply too when I wanna have a break from working.
Then just keep typing...

Elita-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 10:35 PM   #35
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany
Exclamation

Keep it civil. I do not want to close this thread as it happened several times already at 2005...

Old 2004-07-27, 10:38 PM   #36
davetherave
Banned

Just out of intrest, does anyone leave comments on don murphy's site?
Also does he seem to be listening to peoples comments or does he seem to be snubbing 'em?
I shood look thru it all myself but aint got the time, so if someone has been following it, I'd be greatfull if u let us all know.
Also does anyone know if their country is stocking robot jox on dvd, it's kinda gundam like, its not spectacular but for live action giant robots it's pretty good from what i remember.

Old 2004-07-27, 10:38 PM   #37
BigMaki

Jacksonville, FL. You may now feel sorry for me.

Dave, you don't seem to be considering any of the actual logistics of making a movie. It costs money to make every CGI model. Sure, it's all on computer, but it takes hours and hours and hours. We're going to have to settle on about a dozen robots for a first film and cross our fingers if we want more in the second. It seems that whenever talk of who's going to be in the movie comes up, people want every robot they can cram into it. The comic book couldn't really manage this, and the cartoon ceratinly couldn't, considering how often characters pop up and disappear.

Mass shifting and/or subspace is a lazy, stupid idea. The comic and cartoon used it only out of necessity -- they're advertisements for toys, plain and simple. The toys turn into tape players, cassette tapes and handguns. Gotta have them transform some time, right? I see no problem with doing away with the idea, especially when adapting a property for film.

The way I look at it is this -- I want something new. I want the same characters that I knew, but I want them in new situations. I don't want to see the fight on the dam. I don't want to see Minibots running around in lab coats.... And I sure as hell don't want to see the damn Matrix used as the deus ex machina to defeat the big bad guy at the end. Give me a good story with the characters I know, and I'll go see it. For example: The Bourne Supremacy. Great book, great movie. Do the two have anything in common other than the title and the main character? No. Did I enjoy both immensely? Yes. Should I have been pissed that it didn't adapt the book? If the movie sucked, I would be. But it didn't. In my best of all possible worlds, that's how a Transformers movie adaptation will work...

A quick note: just because people like one TF continuity over another doesn't mean they hate the one they like less. It's when people insist that the G1 cartoon is superior to BW or Energon (when the evidence is clearly to the contrary) that people get antsy...

BigMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 10:53 PM   #38
davetherave
Banned

I know i go on it a bit so i don't expect u to read all of my comments but I do agree wiv what ur saying. I have mixed feelings about the mass shifting myself, when I was a kid I always questioned the fact that megatron could fit in a humans hand and a giants robot, but years have passed and its bread in me so i'm confused.
Also I did state earlier about how long it would take to design and model the characters its in an earlier comment. I do 3d modelling myself and it takes me a week to do somethings, I haven't got a lot of patiences so I wouldn't do a transformer, So I give credit to people like michael smith who done that VW Jazz and it was animated in a live scene, that was amazing.
I want to see loads of characters cause I know that this cood be the biggest film ever, but maybe I'm just to passionate about my g1, and I do know there's not enuff of us to pay hollywoods bills.

Old 2004-07-27, 11:03 PM   #39
bluekatt

residing in the upper echelon of unpredictatbility
Default Re: U WHAT

Quote:
No I'm not whinning I'm jus voicing my opiniom m8, don't know what ur doing, I wasn't complaining about the physics, I was commenting on someone else who had something sensible to say.
and im also voicing my opinion m8
G1 is over and done with
transformers has changed and wlill change as well
get to grips with it g1 is over with
and even the nostalgia wave is wearing off g1 evolved in g2 to beast wars
sure you cna be with your head in the clouds and keep on preaching g1 rocks but then you will be missing the great stuff that came after it like g2 beats wars beats machines and energon

and obviousley you havent seen more then a few episodes of energon energion is miles above rid armada and g1

and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
bluekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 11:03 PM   #40
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Given the choice between "lotz of keWl wobotz makin' boom-boom" and a limited number of well animated, well characterized 'bots and 'cons, I'd take the latter. "More" doesn't necessarily equal "better". Same goes for "bigger" (as in "I want Devastator! I want Metroplex! I want Fortress Maximus! I want Unicron!").

Additionally, it would be a lot easier to read your posts if you would at least stick to the most basic rules of the English language. English is not my mother tongue, and still I manage nooto wirte lik dis. U no wot I meen?