• transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2004-07-27, 11:14 PM   #41
BigMaki

Jacksonville, FL. You may now feel sorry for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by davetherave
Also I did state earlier about how long it would take to design and model the characters its in an earlier comment. I do 3d modelling myself and it takes me a week to do somethings, I haven't got a lot of patiences so I wouldn't do a transformer, ...
Granted, a Transformer is simpler on a base level in that you have hard angles and fewer rounded edges to deal with, but building the bones for a model that has to not only be able to emote, but also transform itself into a vehicle that will have to have functioning wheels, exhaust pipes, etc. means that it'll take a LOT of work to get them right. Add into that the texturing required for glass, circuitry, rubber for tires and you've got a massive undertaking, and that's just for one character. As you probably know, it's simpler to get a rough draft than it is to get a final model. Add onto that dealing with the lighting and actual animation. I'm figuring they've got at least 2 or 3 guys designed already, especially if they're planning on a release date that soon. If not, well, best of luck to them, but I'm glad I won't be the one out there pulling 100+ hour weeks...

All credit to the VW guy, but making a character look good in a short animation on the internet is one thing. Making a model that will appear as realistic as possible on a giant 3-story screen is something else entirely.

BigMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 11:24 PM   #42
davetherave
Banned

I thought we were ment to keep this civil, i only get shirty when people start saying stuff like i'm whinning. Lets be adult about this, I hate everything after g1, and u lot don't but thats kool. It doesn't matter if u disagree with me I'm not trying to attack anyone here, but i give as good as i get.

I agree totaly that beast wars etc has better storylines than G1. GI season 1 and 2 are awful, I don't feel they picked up till the end of season 2. The toys have more posability, Its just the funky faces and molds that I don't like, but thats just my opinion

But Don Murphy did state in the beginning that this would be a G1 oriantated movie. And to my knowledge he has not yet stated it will not be.

I did find faults with G1 when I was younger and some of those faults have been tackled with the binaltech models. Masterpiece Convoy is amazing I didn't think they could make something that looked that good in both modes. So I myself don't think G1 is dead and there's plenty for me to buy now as I live in England and we never got alot of transformers plus the dreamwave comic is going from strength to strength.

If u got something good to say like why u think an energon film would be better than a G1 film thats kool, if u wanna start cussing, this thread will get shutdown as stated. Or if u think I chat breeze like alot of you do there's plenty of other peoples comments to reply to.

davetherave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 11:39 PM   #43
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
it's my job I'M A DESIGNER.
And how many world-leading toylines have you pioneered for children and young adults? Or even studied in any form of detail?

Quote:
u need to see battle royale, ichi the killer, shiri shiri, fulltime killer and legend of zuu. These have good effects, or good storylines which hollywood has failed to do for some decades now.
Everyone should see Ichi at least once, although Battle Royale is now rather cliche and predictable... I suspect you'd struggle to convince most the US population to take their kids to see either, though. The upcoming film will be simple and linear enough for kids to understand, and have content to match—nothing scarier than Spider-Man, at a guess. Jurassic Park at a push.

What it won't feature is Megatron wading through a crowded New York park, smearing humans underfoot.

Quote:
Trying to make eveyone happy can often end in disaster.
And I think that's exactly why the vocal elements of the fandom are being ignored, and why they're best ignored. This film will be made for today's audience, not the remnants of an audience which existed many years ago and which, in most cases, is apathetically charging its mug from the well of nostalgia.

Quote:
Ive been waiting 20 years for a g1 movie and beastwars peeps have only been waiting 10 at the most correct me if I'm wrong.
However, there's already been a 'G1' movie—two, if you count the straight-to-video release of "Five Faces of Darkness" as a single extended animated feature. Strictly speaking there's been a Beast Wars movie too, in Japan.

Quote:
i don't expect u to read all of my comments
If u cud aktually b bthered 2 type, I suspect more people might at least skim. Especially the high proportion of online fans to whom English isn't a first language.

Quote:
Just out of intrest, does anyone leave comments on don murphy's site?
I think Blacknife has it mostly in hand.

I've poked my head in a few times, but there isn't a great deal going on and all of the opinions on characters, past storylines, etc. are being articulated by those there. There's already a high degree of repetition.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigMaki
Mass shifting and/or subspace is a lazy, stupid idea.
Any more than warp speed and transporters?

It adds an immediate level of underhandedness to the Decepticons—not only do many transform into seemingly innocuous objects and easily concealed weapons, they can conceal themselves almost anywhere.

Quote:
if u wanna start cussing, this thread will get shutdown as stated.
The bits where people are being pissy will be removed and it'll rumble on...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 11:45 PM   #44
BigMaki

Jacksonville, FL. You may now feel sorry for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Any more than warp speed and transporters?
Yes, much more so. At least attempts to explain those were made. All explanations of mass shigfting and subspace have come from fan speculation, save for DW picking it up and making it continuity.

Quote:
It adds an immediate level of underhandedness to the Decepticons—not only do many transform into seemingly innocuous objects and easily concealed weapons, they can conceal themselves almost anywhere.
I agree with you, but I still don't see the average "let's go see a cool summer movie" audience buying it. If a good story can be told without using it, I'm all for it.

BigMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 12:25 AM   #45
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by BigMaki
At least attempts to explain those were made.
In the movies? It's just a case of "that planet is really far away" or "we need to get down to the surface".

Size-changing isn't something I'd treat as casually as in an animation, but it adds a great deal to a character such as, say, Soundwave if he's smuggled into an army base and wreaks havoc. Guaranteed to give a few kids nightmares and hook into low-level paranoia currently surrounding alleged terrorist spy activity...

Keep it to one character and it can safely be treated as routine in the next movie.

Whether fan speculation or not, it's been ratified in a continuity Hasbro are keen to push as definitive, and is a major part of the "robots in disguise" element.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 12:27 AM   #46
davetherave
Banned

I know they are not going to make the film just for me. But if they want to make a film for todays kids, why don't they just make an energon or cybertron or what ever incarnation it will be in 2006.

Maybe it's a ploy to get all the fans of the other series to hype it up and we will do half the work for them, word of mouth is good advertisement.
I know I have told everyone weather they want to hear it or not, that their is going to be a live action movie and how good it's gonna be [I'm lieing because I'm not sure how it will turn out.

I still would like them to have grand scale wars with loads of characters dieng, I know it would take time but if they are throwing a few million at this film and they don't get to many big name actors to save a few million they could have a large team. I do think its possible, I know a 3d modeler who done the heads for a footbal game on the ps2 and thats all he did. He textured them and that.

They could atleast model sideswipe because then you got the main model already for red alert, the same goes with a few others. So there are plenty of corners to cut, In battle scenes robots in the distance don't have to be that detailed.

Look at jurassic park 3, their was loads of different species, and the modeling and texturing in that was very good, you can see the muscle moving under the dino's scales, they move independently, there are so many details that are subtle but very hard to do, so things have moved on quite a bit we just haven't noticed. But has it moved on enuff to represent something that what ever series we are into. I'd raher see an all beast wars than a mixture of g1 etc, but what ever it will be I will be first in the que the day it's out.

Old 2004-07-28, 12:36 AM   #47
Alpha Trion
One with the Matrix

Cleveland, OH
Smile

Quote:
If u got something good to say like why u think an energon film would be better than a G1 film thats kool
Right from the start the Energon cartoon has an epic feel to it; you can feel that something bigger than the standard "let's shoot the bad guys" routine is coming up. In many of the episodes, the Autobots actually lose, something never really seen in the G1 show. And though there're hundreds of robots on either side, the show only focuses on a handful of characters, making for a more entertaining story. Enemies become allies, allies become enemies, characters actually die, and Unicron just might kill everybody. Energon's got me interested, in the least.

Alpha Trion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 10:34 AM   #48
phoenix

Exclamation mass shifting

In a car that look like a real car there is only the space to have a sort of engine (that could be diesel or hyper turbo cybertronian eng). If there is no sub space or mass shifting, where you are intended to put a bot? Alternators have limbs that are smaller than the original G1 toy, but not huge or menacing, in my opinion!
I Want Grimlock as a dinobot!
I Want something inspired to Armada and Energon because are good idea but the worst TF toy ever designed! (this time, for old guys)
I Want animal that are bot, but NOT real animal used im this film!
Overall, let the show go on!

Old 2004-07-28, 10:45 AM   #49
davetherave
Banned

Pheonix has a point there, but i bet say for the case of an alternator they would just remove the limbs as it goes to car mode. Before in the cartoon and comic they wood hide most of the awkward bits on a tf, say for instance grimlocks tail on the side of his legs, but now it seems even his dino head which is flipped back is now illustrated and suprisingly looks quite good in robot mode.

So will they show there robot elements in thier alt mode. Wil we see grooes going down the body work where they split apart and transform?

Old 2004-07-28, 02:52 PM   #50
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Unless you think anyone in here to be either a fortune teller or working with the movie crew, I can't really imagine you actually expect a serious answer to thet question.

Besides, there people can improve their they're there.

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 03:06 PM   #51
Megaprime

Exclamation z103.5, a radio station in canada just announced some big news on the tf movie!!!!

they said steven speilburg will be directing the movie due for release in 2006, both dreamworks and speilburg are extremely excited

Old 2004-07-28, 03:40 PM   #52
davetherave
Banned

Don't be a fool nevermore, everyone is just speculating. You must think you're some professor of transformers and the english language, when everybody in your neighbourhood knows you're a nonse.

All I was asking is what people think would be the more likely option.

What's the point of this thread, if I can't ask what people think?

They lock people up like you NEVERMORE, and nasty things will happen You [No, these are not appropriate ways to address a mod as. - Nevermore].

Get A Life

Get your own opinion

Stop attacking others cause they have

And [No more of this cr@p, please. - Nevermore]!

And nobody likes the bighead who corrects them on their grammer

Last edited by Nevermore; 2004-07-29 at 11:08 AM.
Old 2004-07-28, 03:47 PM   #53
davetherave
Banned

So I ask my questionj again, wouls people like too see tfs, transform and look ultra realistic, or would they prefer, 2 see all their alt bits hidden away, ie grimlocks dino head inview on his back when he's in robot mode.

I usd to like the fact they hid their extra bits because they looked more robot like, but dreamwave comics sometimes are truer to the toy, and it comes over ok.

Also what do u recon of the chances that a whole new line of tfs might come of this, I think so. After all it would be a big loss in revenue if they didn't.

Old 2004-07-28, 04:21 PM   #54
Elita-One

California

Quote:
Don't be a fool nevermore, everyone is just speculating. You must think you're some professor of transformers and the english language, when everybody in your neighbourhood knows you're a nonse.

All I was asking is what people think would be the more likely option.

What's the point of this thread, if I can't ask what people think?

They lock people up like you NEVERMORE, and nasty things will happen You kiddie fiddler.

Get A Life

Get your own opinion

And leave them kids alone!

I am soo sick and tired of hearing you rip on Nevermore, knock it off! Your are not making yourself look any better to anyone on this board. Nevermore is a well respected, longtime memeber of this board, so cut it out!!

And if you have some input about the movie, get on Don's board and give your 2 cents here. This is not a "How I would do the movie if I was making it" board. So what is said here won't change the movie, at all.

Elita-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 04:21 PM   #55
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Quote:

Quote:
They lock people up like you NEVERMORE, and nasty things will happen You kiddie fiddler.
Are you threatening me? And suggesting I'm a child molestor?
That sure won't get you many friends...

Quote:
Get your own opinion
You're confusing "having an own opinion" with "agreeing with your opinion".

Quote:
I'm not attacking you because you have your own opinion, I'm just questioning your nonsensial behavior that's lacking any sort of rational basis.

Quote:
And leave them kids alone!
The next comment along these lines won't go unpunished, that's for sure.

Quote:
Well, we have a somewhat different policy here:

http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...=&threadid=536
http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...threadid=17591
http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...threadid=20192
http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...threadid=24155
http://tfarchive.com/community/showt...threadid=24829

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 04:35 PM   #56
Zeeks
is gettin got wif da gloc

Oa

DAVETHERAVE:
first, you need to use one of these:

THEN.........
You need to STOP being one of these:

On a more friendly note, welcome to the archive.

"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Zeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 04:38 PM   #57
bluekatt

residing in the upper echelon of unpredictatbility

please enjoy your stay ragging on and insulting mods will be a sure way to make your stay a pleasant one here * sarcasm *

kids these days should be kept far away from pc's

and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy

Last edited by bluekatt; 2004-07-28 at 04:42 PM.
bluekatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 05:25 PM   #58
KillTheKids

Grooter Patrol

Man, this Murphy guy is a dick.

KillTheKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 05:34 PM   #59
davetherave
Banned

First of all I got plenty of friends, I'm not looking 2 make friends on the internet I have a social life. [Less of one now since I'm spending alot of time putting people, straight.

Don't any of you lot have phones, you get in to the habbit of abreviating words, My apologies for people who english isn't their first language. I will try to right clearer in future. But there is no need to get picky over things.

Also does any one have opinions of their own.

If you say I'm whinning etc I will attack back.

And I said before ther are plenty of other comments for you to reply to.

If u wanna fight go to the pub, or come to North London. I'm getting bored of arguing here.

And I'm not a kid and I don't use no infera PC- Apple all the way.

For those of you who have left comments and have disagreed with me in a sensible manner, CHEERS.

So why can't we all discuss the movie instead of, dave wrote their instead of they're or dave is whinning he wants g1. So what if I want G1 you want energon or something and thats kool.

ANYWAY
I'm not into heavy metal or rock or whatever you want to call it, but in the animated movie I was quite impressed with score that was produced, I even ended up getting the soundtrack when I was a kid. I think Drum & Bass would go really well with Transformers. I'm not just saying that because Im heavily into my D&B either.
Anyone else got any ideas or heard any news regarding this matter?

Old 2004-07-28, 05:50 PM   #60
Gesani

Practice Safe Lunch..... Use A Condiment

IMO the movie should be Based on teh Altenator line. the Story is there and the Toys have already started Name Recognition ...

As for the flameing.... You guys need to stop, yes i can tell some of it is self defense, but most of it is not. Calling some one a Kiddie Fiddiler is uncalled for. this need to end here and now. If it dont i am sure punishment will be handed down...

Gesani is offline   Reply With Quote