• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2006-08-30, 11:44 AM   #21
Meihall

Oz
Thumbs up

It's a prop right? so no cg or anything added that's not how it could end up looking. I joined to post that been reading for ages

Meihall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 11:59 AM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I don't actually mind the face too much... would have preferrred something a bit closer to the "Microchange" design, but it doesn't bother me much more than the "fat kid" design.

Vanguard, don't bother baiting people if you're just going to cry like a little girl whenever you get a bite, though. I've never actually said this is going to be any good... Bumblebee's looking better than Megatron, at least.

EDIT: Freudian slip...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 12:24 PM   #23
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand
Default Bumblebee

Now repeat after me:
"Johhny 5, is alive!"

ColdBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 12:26 PM   #24
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Wink

More I think about it, maybe they've picked the worst robot design to leak first (Megatron), and they're going to get progressively better? You never know, by the time they leak the twelth (or whatever), it might look a bit like a Transformer...

Old 2006-08-30, 12:37 PM   #25
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand
Default Megatron

Megatron was the only robot design that I didn't like, the others were pretty good. (As I've said though, a bit Bionicle-ish). It's really confusing for me to sit back and slag a film that I don't really know that much about other than what some of the robots look like, I have a vague understanding of some of the plot (and character things going, someone on the internet apparently found 'a script' of the film, and left 'spoilers' all over the place. I hope one of them in particular is false) but that's about it. I guess, in the end, there isn't too much plot to care about when you are attempting to introduce the franchise. I reckon this film will be all about robot carnage, introduce the goodies and the baddies, and then kick some Decepti-can.

ColdBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 01:00 PM   #26
Ravage
Primus

In the depths of blackest Hell. Or just Vermont

Give Auros 5 dollars man. He just said everything dead on.

What pisses me off more and more is I have nothing against making the Transformers look different. Just at least keep some degree of attachment to the past matieral. Yes X-Men or Fantastic Four had different looks for everyone but at least you still knew who they were!

I am at the point now where I just wish they would scrap the damn movie. It's looking more and more like it should be called
"Big ****ing Robots" not Transformers.

The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 01:05 PM   #27
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

"If I don't like the initial designs, it shouldn't exist, despite several people showing interest".

Wow, and people say I can be a ridiculous bastard about things. I'm still not getting the whole mega-hate thing here... I mean, I see Cybertron figures that look like bum, I just don't buy them... I don't tend to wish implosion on Hasbro or anything. You don't like the designs, just don't go see the film (y'know, the one we've glimpsed a few leaked pictures of that'll be out in around 10 months, that one)...

Old 2006-08-30, 01:11 PM   #28
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England
Default Re: Megatron

Quote:
Originally posted by ColdBain
I guess, in the end, there isn't too much plot to care about when you are attempting to introduce the franchise. I reckon this film will be all about robot carnage, introduce the goodies and the baddies, and then kick some Decepti-can.
Right on! I am only hoping for some serious Auto-smashing, too.

Anyone found a mention of what rating they're hoping to get this? I'm wondering if it's aimed at PG or 12 (UK). What I've seen of the 'bots so far doesn't indicate a kiddy-flick, but then I've looked at that Bumblebee... (Mogwai, yeah )

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 04:45 PM   #29
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

All that Bumblebee pic does for me is... nothing. Complete apathy. I niether love nor hate it.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 07:11 PM   #30
AutobotJazz
Dinobot

Unsure

Bumblebee looks like a sex doll...well the mouth does anyway. Am I the only one looking forward to this film, for all the right reasons...you know, other than to bitch about it?

Thanks to StoneCold Skywarp for the Sig
AutobotJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 07:40 PM   #31
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by AutobotJazz
Am I the only one looking forward to this film, for all the right reasons...you know, other than to bitch about it?
Not at all. While I may not be thrilled by the character designs thus far, I'm holding off on berating the movie until I've actually, you know, seen it.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 08:13 PM   #32
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
Finally, as a general aside, I want it clear that I hate these designs not because they're not true to G1, but because they're fugly. That they don't manage to resemble anything ever officially done in Transformers is just another nail.
Pretty much. I'll probably see the movie. If it sucks, I'll forget it even exists, like I do with the G1 cartoon. If it's good, I'll get the dvd.

Of course, being primarily a toy collector, I'm very much put-off by the designs, so I probably won't be buying any of them. Well, maybe robo-chicken . . .

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 08:31 PM   #33
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

As a big Bumblebee fan I can only say they seem to be taking him in an, erm, interesting direction.

From what I've come across with the full robot design, I'm not unhappy. I'll just take him as he comes (and hope he's not all cutesie...).

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 08:51 PM   #34
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
I'm holding off on berating the movie until I've actually, you know, seen it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
I'm still not getting the whole mega-hate thing here... I mean, I see Cybertron figures that look like bum, I just don't buy them... I don't tend to wish implosion on Hasbro or anything. You don't like the designs, just don't go see the film (y'know, the one we've glimpsed a few leaked pictures of that'll be out in around 10 months, that one)..

tahukanuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 09:06 PM   #35
starscreamjericho

jacksonville,fl

Megatron looks like a protoform thorn bush looking for a body. Bumblebee justs looks scared cause he just saw megs for the first time in bush form.

starscreamjericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 09:50 PM   #36
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Interesting logic.. I have to wait for the movie to be out and pay to see it before I decide if it's worth seeing?

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 10:22 PM   #37
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by TFVanguard
Interesting logic.. I have to wait for the movie to be out and pay to see it before I decide if it's worth seeing?
No, there's a difference between thinking it's not worth seeing, and berating it at every turn. We've been here before though, and frankly after your little performance the last time we tried to call you to account for putting words in our mouths, I can't be bothered. You can make your decision on whatever flimsy basis you so desire, just don't expect many other people of any significant intelligence to agree...

Not wanting to see the movie != Saying it's going to be the worst film ever made.

Example: I don't want to see Beast Wars II because it sounds dreadful. However, that's based on a few minor things, so I can't really go around saying it's dreadful, because I don't actually know, and we all have things we like that common consensus tells us are terrible - it's what makes us individuals. Similarly, you're pulling up the new movie as being a waste of celluloid/franchise killer etc. etc. and so on based on a handful of leaked pictures and ideas, and the director's past form... while you're free to make whatever judgements you want, they won't have much more credibility if I was to rant about how BW2 is abysmal.

Old 2006-08-30, 11:10 PM   #38
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location
Red face

Um....yeah!

Anyway, Cliffy pretty much summed it up there. You can say the movie looks like it's going to be horrible all you like. But until such time as it's out, or there's at least something more substantial, screaming foul and baying for a boycott is a little presumptuous.

Last edited by Dead Man Wade; 2006-08-30 at 11:13 PM.
Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 11:26 PM   #39
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA

I posit that bitching about the art design is fair play though, as we have seen a significant amount of the character designs. I'm certainly not saying it's going to be the worst movie ever, but it's fair to say that I'm not going to see it in theaters because the designs are that off-putting.

It comes down to personal opinion, and there are people, like me, who are no longer interested because of the leaked pics. I don't think it's fair to say we're not giving the movie a decent shake because we're basing our judgements on the designs, because like I said before, we've really seen a lot of them and they can be a dealbreaker.

It just seems we might be getting into the cartoon vs. comic debate where the ultimate answer is always going to be a matter of personal preference.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 11:47 PM   #40
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

The new Camaro looks kick ass.

Come on and wind me up.
another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote