• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2006-08-31, 12:16 AM   #41
Ravage
Primus

In the depths of blackest Hell. Or just Vermont

Course now they are saying CG elements to the face. If they did it to the face and the body and get rid of that asstacular pipe look then that could save some of them.

The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 05:42 AM   #42
Mikotron

Edinboro,Pennsylvania usa

We just hate the fact that they are changing what we have grown to love about transformers. They should somewhat resemble the originals. If you are going to make Ironhide, then atleast make him recognizable as Ironhide in the movie.

I've grown to love my wife. If she went to a surgeon and came back butt ugly, I would be pissed.

Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
Mikotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 08:11 AM   #43
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Nah, no one complained when Energon Ironhide looked nothing like the G1 Ironhide.

I think the biggest problem is the robot forms looking just way too otherworldly.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 08:13 AM   #44
Ford DeceptiFocus

Los Angeles, CA

I still can't shake the feeling that Bumblebeen looks like a Deku Scrub from the Legend of Zelda. Sigh.

Till All Are Drunk with the Matrix!
Ford DeceptiFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 12:11 PM   #45
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
I posit that bitching about the art design is fair play though
Yeh, as I've said (either here or in one of the four trillion movie topics that always degenerate into being exactly the same thread), no wories on that, and (and this is meant totally non-snide, I just can't think of a better way to word it ) if it bothers you that much, vote with your feet, no worries on that score.

But slating the whole film based on what people have seen/heard/made up so far is frankly insane.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 12:26 PM   #46
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand

Quote:
But slating the whole film based on what people have seen/heard/made up so far is frankly insane.
Agreed, despite a few visual shocks we've had we all might be surprized by the outcome. It's hard to gauge 'connection' to static images, seeing the characters move, and hearing their voices and all that stuff, I guess that's when we can finally decide a few things.

ColdBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 12:51 PM   #47
DrEvil
[L.Lawliet]

Glasgow

The only thing I don't like about Bumblebee is the eyes. They're just a bit too human looking.

And how some people can say from a couple of images that the movie is gonna be crap, when it really has a whole other year to go is beyond me. To me, Beast Wars looked crap back when it was first on (as I think I only seen the humans for a second or two and animals) but I actually have a hope that this movie will be allright. OPTIMISM!

The fandom can be so depressing.

DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 03:02 PM   #48
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by AutobotJazz
Bumblebee looks like a sex doll...
My friend, you have seriously been going to the wrong sex shops...

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 08:59 PM   #49
Markus

behind you with a chainsaw

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
Not at all. While I may not be thrilled by the character designs thus far, I'm holding off on berating the movie until I've actually, you know, seen it.
That's some interesting logic. I suppose you watch Barbra Striesand movies, because who knows if they're bad until you actually see it.

Some movies are just not interesting, and the fact is that this movie really can only be called transformers because they have autobot/decepticon logos their robot bodies.

You know, I'll probably see it, mainly because I'll hope that it gets straightened out before its released, mainly because I'm a sucker, just like everyone else who is/was a transformers fan.

This movie, just like a slew of movies recently is part of the problem. There are no new ideas left in hollywood and they are going to make a movie about just about everything that was hot at one point. They are even going to make ANOTHER TMNT movie.

And everything that was hot at one point has a following that loves everything they do and will buy anything that involves that.

This movie will blow, plain and simple. They have no reason to make a good movie because we will all go see it no matter what they give us, because we have the sickness.....the desire to see anything involving Transformers.

And that's really the bottom line.

Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 09:07 PM   #50
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus
That's some interesting logic. I suppose you watch Barbra Striesand movies, because who knows if they're bad until you actually see it.
You can't actually know for definite something's bad until you've seen it. You can have a fairly good idea which could then be confirmed, but you're never actually going to know. You want to open your mind from time to time, you never know what might happen...

Quote:
Some movies are just not interesting, and the fact is that this movie really can only be called transformers because they have autobot/decepticon logos their robot bodies.
How so? It also features, amongst other things, Cybertron, Optimus Prime, Megatron and Bumblebee. I tell you what - explain to me how this isn't Transformers. Explain to me what makes something Transformers, and what doesn't.

Quote:
This movie will blow, plain and simple. They have no reason to make a good movie because we will all go see it no matter what they give us, because we have the sickness.....the desire to see anything involving Transformers.
Yeh, they're really banking on the fans for the ticket sales. We're talking a fandom of tens of thousands - let's say 100,000 as wildly optimistic. Ticket prices are, what? $12? Let's say $15. Let's say all these fans go to see it twice. That's $3,000,000 - that's about a week's takings for a moderatley successful film in the UK alone. They aren't relying on fans to get this thing into the black.

Old 2006-08-31, 09:55 PM   #51
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Just a quick note.

I think the amount of money they are pumping in to the TF movie is a reason they have to make it good. Good, though, to one person may not be so good for another. In this case, they really have to make it as accessible to as many people as possible, given the monitary magnitude.

Also, as far as I can see, this is a Transformers movie. It's certainly as much Transformers as Armada, Cybertron or whatever... Was Beast Wars Transformers? It seems far more removed from G1, if that's what you use as a benchmark.

It just seems that a number of fans are to be peeved because of the changes / direction these guys have opted for. I think that was unavoidable, unless they were happy to fork huge amounts of money into a film for fans that nobody else would have any interest in. And then they'd lose a Hell of a lot of money, and I think their main goal here is to make a Hell of a lot of money - not primarily to please the handful of the world that makes up us TF fans.

I fully expect huge amounts of licence and compromise within the film itself, from a fan point of view, and I'll live with it.

Not such a short note in the end... sorry!

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 10:03 PM   #52
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by numbat
Was Beast Wars Transformers? It seems far more removed from G1, if that's what you use as a benchmark.
Not exactly the best argument when it comes to the hardcore fanboy set.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 10:08 PM   #53
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by fort_max
Not exactly the best argument when it comes to the hardcore fanboy set.
But it's a good point, though, and is likely to flush out the "Transformers=G1 cartoon and nothing else" losers. I reiterate for the 19,000th time that I don't see anything about this complete overhaul that varies from any other "new" Transformers line, especially as most people aren't going on much more than character designs and Pearl Harbour being a bit poor.

Old 2006-08-31, 10:13 PM   #54
Dead Man Wade
Next-Generation Spambot

Funny location

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
But it's a good point, though, and is likely to flush out the "Transformers=G1 cartoon and nothing else" losers.
Granted.

I was simply pointing out that if someone's view equates to 'If it ain't Geewun, it ain't TFs', then playing the Beast Wars card may not be the best way to get them to change their mind.

Dead Man Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 10:42 PM   #55
starscreamjericho

jacksonville,fl

You know transformers has to change from time to time to stay fresh(not saying that all change is good), but enough to keep it updated.

If there was no change between g1 and the designs in this movie then there would a thousand posts anout why this and that didn't or won't work. Besides the movie isn't done its not coming out tomorrow. Just lets wait and see how it turns out before we deside it's not worth seeing.

starscreamjericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 11:11 PM   #56
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

Quote:
Originally posted by DrEvil
The only thing I don't like about Bumblebee is the eyes. They're just a bit too human looking.
Have you been to the movie web site? did you see the eye over earth?

these eye designs should come as a shock to no one.

Come on and wind me up.
another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 04:31 PM   #57
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

As far as the Beast Wars thing goes, I really see no difference between that and a movie that looks different. Beast Wars was new once! Lol! (And certainly a huge departure from G1.)

Crazy as it seems, a few years down the line, it's likely a fair number of people could be fans of the movie look, and we'll all be arguing over some new incarnation.

It's a funny old world...

:rolleyes:

Old 2006-09-01, 05:00 PM   #58
lord_optimus
Protoform

Angry

This is kind of typical of hardcore Transformers fans. Rather than going to see the film when it comes out and then judging it on merit, you just sit in your basements going on and on about how "Things aren't what you want to see". Why don't you just let Micheal Bay and his team make his interpritation on the Transformers story, and keep your opinions to yourself. I for 1 don't give 2 flying f***s what they look like, as long as they're not bath tubs with wheels. let's be honest who's not waited for years for this film to happen. I didn't expect it to be just a re-telling of the G1 story and would rather it be fresh and origonal. If you don't like my opinion fair enough, but remember this is Micheal Bays film not yours. If you think you can do better get off your arse and do it. Don't just sit bitching

End of tirade

lord_optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 05:34 PM   #59
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally posted by lord_optimus
let's be honest who's not waited for years for this film to happen.
*raises hand*

Comics and the occasional Alternator.

You also don't know the vast majority of people here, so take the generic "basement dwelling" Slashdot trolling and shove it.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 06:13 PM   #60
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Yeah - I live in a cottage!

And to be fair, quite a few people here have been defending the film for the fact that nobody's seen it (and whatever other reasons).

But there's bound to be hardcore fans upset about the direction things are going, and it's fair play to voice those opinions.