• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2006-09-26, 02:45 PM   #41
Mikotron

Edinboro,Pennsylvania usa

Just pointing out what was originally said, since everyone said that no one said it was based on G1.

I knew it would be different, new and exciting. I just think they are pushing the designs just a little bit out there.

Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
Mikotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 02:51 PM   #42
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikotron
Just pointing out what was originally said, since everyone said that no one said it was based on G1.
No - you pointed out that it was originally said that would be based on the 80s cartoon and comic.

Which it isn't.

World of difference.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 02:53 PM   #43
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

Quote:

I knew it would be different, new and exciting. I just think they are pushing the designs just a little bit out there.
Actually, I thought I was very clear on the fact that its fine that this is based on G1 and that it is, no one else denied its based on G1, and also dont forget there is a difference between it being "Based on" and it being.

Take the X-Men films for instance, I remember somebody for X-3 (hey it may have been mister DeSanto again, if he produced) saying that film was "Based on the Dark Phoenix Saga" found in the comics, yeah sure, its based on it, and you cant deny that... BUT its also COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Last edited by CounterPunch; 2006-09-26 at 03:09 PM.
CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 03:19 PM   #44
Mikotron

It was different, but I don't think that X-mens appearance in the characters were as drastic as the transformers designs we have seen.

I'm looking forward to this movie either way. The only thing i'm not pumped up about is the designs, especially the decepticons.
The robot modes are just ugly, especially megs.

Old 2006-09-26, 04:14 PM   #45
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Ach well... no point arguing over silly misunderstandings in quotes and the like.

I'm a big fan of Transformers in all incarnations - for the designs rather than any storyline - but a it's always for fun. I think some of the arguments going around are a little too pumped to be fun anymore.

It is just a film with a new take on TFs, and, unfortunately, some people are not gonna like the designs. Personally, I do like the designs - including the Decepticons.

As I've said, I think Blackout or Incinerator or whatever he's called is just about the best TF design I have seen in years - but that's always down to my personal opinion.

In other words, I would never be so contentious as to say:

'The movie Blackout design is the best TF design ever!'

Or the equally solid opposites flying aroond.

After all, the film may well be enjoyable for those who don't like the designs, and that context may change some views. Who knows?

But opening this can of G1 worms everytime a new design image appears is getting real old, I am afraid. Constructive criticism and sharing of opinions in a slightly different manner would be a lot more fun! lol

(Excuse any poor spelling - it's not all Scots, some of it's just me! lol)

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 04:20 PM   #46
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

(Oh yeah, and I'm well up for a movie version of Decepticon Hideout! What a classic read... )

Old 2006-09-26, 04:49 PM   #47
Mabus
Headmaster

S. L'derry, N. Ireland, U.K.

Quote:
Originally posted by CounterPunch
This discusssion has already been had, has it ever been said that this is a G1 movie? ........ I havent seen one that says this will be a G1 movie, all I've heard said is it will be a throwback to G1 and stuff like that.
This statement is what every Transformer fan complaining about the movie not being like G1 needs to read.

Quote:
Remember the first news of a movie being made. They specifically said it would be based on the 80's cartoon and comic books.
A lot of movies are based on books and not all keep to what is in them hence why they are "based" on them. I can state a lot of things from Lord of the Rings that was left out, added and altered in the movie version. But it still fricking rocked!

Sure the movie U-571 is based on true events, yet the makers lost all credit (to Brits anyway) when they changed the nationalities of the actual people who captured the U-boat from British to American

This movie may be G1 based however liberties will and have been taken with it, you shouldn't expect less

Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 05:14 PM   #48
Mikotron

OK OK I get the point of "based".

But the designs should atleast be recognizable to the characters.

The autobots you can look at and figure out which character is which ( atleast Prime, Bumblebee, and Jazz)
But if you look at all the decepticon designs, you would have no idea who they are if no one said anything. Megatron looks more like he should be called Magmatron.

Old 2006-09-26, 05:25 PM   #49
Evil Penguin

This Is insane. This not the first time these characters have made changes. With each incarnation the Transformers have made changes. Some big some little, some good some bad. I for one will not over judge this movie untill I see it.

Your lack of faith is desturbing
Evil Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 05:32 PM   #50
CounterPunch
One with the Matrix

What?

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Penguin
This Is insane. This not the first time these characters have made changes. With each incarnation the Transformers have made changes. Some big some little, some good some bad. I for one will not over judge this movie untill I see it.
Game. Set. Match

Agree completely

CounterPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 05:52 PM   #51
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Quote:
Megatron looks more like he should be called Magmatron.

Er, what?

Ignoring that, what should Megatron look like? Let's define Megatron while we're here.

Now, what do

and

have in common, besides a few sad wankers trying to be funny with "their Tranformers LOLOLOL"?

C'mon, I know you can do it, bunky.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 06:00 PM   #52
Mikotron

It's my opinion of the movie concept megatron. everyone is so damn picky.

Old 2006-09-26, 06:06 PM   #53
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
It's my opinion of the movie concept megatron. everyone is so damn picky.
You're basing your opinion on a rose-tinted view of the facts. Don't like the design? Fan-tastic. Go nuts. Have a ball. Knock yourself out. etc, etc. and so on. But just don't justify it with bullsh1t along the lines of "it doesn't look like whoever". Apart from the occasional retention of the head shape (G2, MW, BW), the character has had no continuity in his appearance. Even his alt mode history is a great big mess of different ideas.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2006-09-26 at 06:08 PM.
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 07:11 PM   #54
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Despite all his various forms, Megatron has always been a great and most nifty evil character - and I would expect that the character occupying this Megatron design will be also - and it's the character of Megatron which has always made whatever design he's worn come to life.

(And that's something for me to say - like I've said before, character is secondary to me usually.)

I'm actually not that in to the BW Megs, or the Cybertron one, but that's no big deal. I'm sure a few folk out there have Megatrons they don't like so much, given his spectrum! But why the movie one should be such a big deal, I have no idea.

Series, movies, comics - they all come and go and very few have too much similarity!

I'm sure that if the movie ain't up someone's street, the series around the corner could well be!

Old 2006-09-26, 07:52 PM   #55
Mikotron

LOL

I've been at work all day making comments to see how fast everyone reacts and you guys have definately been on the ball.

I can't come up with anymore stupid comments so i'm gonna quit now.

Like i've said in many forums, I can't wait to see this movie, regardless.

But the concept Megs does look like a robotic swamp thing.
You can't deny that.

And Cliffjumper, your comments are always the best in every forum.

Old 2006-09-26, 08:26 PM   #56
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
But the concept Megs does look like a robotic swamp thing. You can't deny that.
I couldn't even begin to try!

lol!

Old 2006-09-27, 04:55 AM   #57
redman prime
underwhelmed

St Louis mo. happy times

sorry, american here, but numbat talks EXACTLY the way one of my friends form perth used to talk, and I am DYING...

All of us are going to see the movie, barring unforeseen accidents, .. i guess that's why they are called accidents...
anywho, i'm a G1 supporter, and in the last few weeks, i've come to terms with what i think transformers are and what mike bay thinks they are, well, different...

and if I was given ..what? a hundred fifty million dollars? then i would make something true to MY (key word) roots.
for half the price and get so much blow and have so many floozy's running around... it would be the greatest movie I'd ever seen..

life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
redman prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 05:08 AM   #58
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

i wanna be on the crew for your movie

Come on and wind me up.
another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 05:31 AM   #59
redman prime
underwhelmed

St Louis mo. happy times

what movie?

but anyway........

lets all the fans piece a good script together, i'll go to whatever show will give me 150 mil to make a "real" TF movie....

i'll be laughing all the way to the corner to meet luis....
i mean....

*ahem*

well..
anyway.. seems like shia has my plan, anyway

life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.

Last edited by redman prime; 2006-09-27 at 05:42 AM.
redman prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 11:22 AM   #60
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Brendocon
I want a movie based on the Ladybird books. Specifically the one where Hot Rod gets new hubcaps, or whatever it was.
Or how about if he brought a few Tailgate's? Perhaps even a couple of Pipe's? Oh sod it, a film where he buys two of every 1986 Minibot!

Personally I want a film based on Battle Beneath the Ice.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote