• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2006-10-10, 07:25 AM   #21
DCJosh

Oregon

eh i guess

but thanks to redline i realize i may have misread some of what he said [though SHOULD they consider substituting characters for properties my opinions still stand xD]

i think he means in the place of the actual house/hotel pieces are Transformers. while it makes more sense [what with you needing a list of 105] i still find the idea kind of...bleh...

i mean. how would you decipher what stands for what? like. how would people know you have the equivelent of 3 houses on a property when all you have on there is just, say for instance, G1 Prowl. Or what if you only have 1 house and you have, for instance, G1 Prime on that spot.

i would say, save the characters for the game pieces [and community chest/chance cards]

just make the houses/ hotels autobot and decepticon spaceships or something. something easy to decipher for the sake of gameplay

also. What generation of Transformers is your game going to concentrate on?

G1? the upcoming live action movie? a conglamoration of all series?

DCJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 10:40 AM   #22
ZacWilliam

Having important locations from Cybertron be the "properties" IS more logical. Personally I always think the liscensed Monopolys that go that route are the better ones. If you went the location route: Cybertron Atlas for more than enough Cybertron locations to make up an awesome Monopoly (And that's not even counting important locations on Earth.) *But* I also understand that visually seeing all the Transformers on the board, rather than locations, likely makes a more impressive and appealing product in some minds. It depends wich direction you want to go: a logical and cool immersive "in universe" setup or a visually impressive character display. I prefer the former, but both have positive points.

And, actually, rereading his post I think the idea is to make a Transforming Monopoly board. Where you can make any property on the board be any character, assembling it as you wish. Which is actually a VERY clever way to take it. I applaude the innovation if that is true.

105 sounds like a lot of characters but is fairly easy to fill actually I think.
Important ones to include:

Optimus Prime
Megatron
Bumblebee
Cliffjumper
Brawn
Jazz
Prowl
Irohide
Ratchet
Mirage
Soundwave
Starscream
Skywarp
Thundercracker
Grimlock
Shockwave
Jetfire
Devastator
Omega Supreme
Superion
Rodimus Prime
Galvatron
Cyclonus
Scourge
Kup
Blurr
Springer
Arcee
Predaking
Metroplex
Trypticon
Fortress Maximus
Scorpinox
Thunderwing
Bludgeon
Nightbeat

Those are the big names, though there are MANY more favorites. Start with the first characters on TFU.info for 1984 and move forward till you hit 105 and you wont go far wrong.

ZacWilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 12:21 PM   #23
ZacWilliam

More thoughts:

Pewter Peices: I'd suggest something like... Prime in truck mode. Matrix of Leadership. Megatron in robot mode, Ravage in cat mode, Prowl in police car mode, Spike in exosuit.

Buildings: Houses: The Ark and the Nemesis, Hotels: Trypticon/Metroplex.

Money: Definately needs to be Energon based. (If they could do transparent swirly-tinted plasticish money that'd be really neat, or energon chips like they actually used in G1 or something unique like that.)

Cards: Chance/Community Chest cards should be Matrix and Teletran 1 cards respectively.

Income Tax should be "Feed the Insecticons" since money is energon.

The Railroads need to be Transformer appropriate modes of transport, so lets see: The Ark. The Nemesis. The Space Bridge. and Omega Supreme would do really nicely. (Though you could also do the Axalon and the Darksyde if you were including Beast Wars)

Depending how fancy they want to get you could also do up the Jail, Go to Jail, and Free parking spots with Transformer themes as well.

There's definate potential for something unique and neat.

ZacWilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 01:33 PM   #24
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

This sounds promising - just don't do a 3-D version, cos I still get stuck playing my Star Trek one.

Would be great to have the Stations as planets like Earth, Cybertron, Nebulos and, um, Charr, the utilities as versions of fuel still, the streets as locales and the houses/hotels as, yeah, little Metroplexs. And definitely G1The Ark and Nemesis as-top-of the range locations - but don't cross seperate series by adding The Axalon and Darksyde despite the urge to do so.

Staying with G1, we could get little pewter Megs, OP, Screamer, well you get the idea...

Oooh - shivers with anticip...ation.

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:05 PM   #25
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Thumbs up

The beauty contest card should definitely have a graphic of Frenzy in a boa. That'd be hillarious.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:24 PM   #26
GWolf

if the idea is to cover as many generations s possible some of the must have characters would be

G!:
Megs
Prime
Grimlock
Screamer
Shockwave
Soundwave
Rodimus
Magnus
Devastator

BW:
Primal
Megs
Dinobot
Tarantulas
Rattrap
Inferno

RID:
Skybyte and Scourge

Armada:
Starscream

Energon:
Meh, can't think of any, same for Cybertron.

GWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:31 PM   #27
ItsWalky

Columbus, OH

Quote:
Originally posted by ZacWilliam
Those are the big names, though there are MANY more favorites. Start with the first characters on TFU.info for 1984 and move forward till you hit 105 and you wont go far wrong. [/B]
Bah. Yeah, 1984 guys should be on there, but what about Rhinox, Cheetor, and Rattrap? Dinobot? Nightbeat, Bludgeon, Skybyte, Hot Shot, Tidal Wave, characters from the upcoming movie...

ItsWalky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:47 PM   #28
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

I get the impression adult collectors of the later series in non-toy form are a minority amongst a minority, judging by things such as the lack of DVD releases (RiD being UK only AFAIK, more recent stuff lacking series sets altogether.)

Also there isn't much representation of those characters in other premium items such as statues/busts. Untapped market or just lack of interest?

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:57 PM   #29
TransformersMonopoly
USAopoly Staff

Thank you everyone for all your feedback on this game.

Last edited by TransformersMonopoly; 2006-10-10 at 03:28 PM.
TransformersMonopoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 02:58 PM   #30
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Quote:
Also there isn't much representation of those characters in other premium items such as statues/busts. Untapped market or just lack of interest?
I suspect that it's a distinct lack of interest. The characters from RID forward (with very few exceptions) just aren't as iconic as those from either Generation One or Beast Wars. The overall reception of the licensed fiction (cartoon, comics, etc) have a lot to do with that.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 03:51 PM   #31
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I've only played Monopoly once and never finished it. If anyone's up for Transformers Bukaroo then I'll be interested...

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 04:10 PM   #32
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I've only played Monopoly once and never finished it. If anyone's up for Transformers Bukaroo then I'll be interested...
Starring Tantrum.

Or Scrabble with Perceptor. You could only use words of more than nine syllables. Aside from that, it has a picture of Perceptor on the board.

Risk (or similar), with TF generals and a map of Cybertron, would be the real winner I have to say.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 04:16 PM   #33
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I'm actually suprised we've not had a TF chess board considering every franchise seems to knock one out...

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 04:56 PM   #34
Nigel

Wales

Hello.

I'm new to this forum; I wanted to sign up and comment on this thread after seeing it linked to from The Hub.

I found these, which explain the format:
My NFL Monopoly and My Marvel Monopoly.

I find this format quite intriguing and look forward to seeing it. However, I would also like to see another edition, with a more traditional Monopoly board, using Transformers locations for the properties. (There could, of course be different editions for different series - Star Wars has had several versions of Monopoly, so why not Transformers?)

Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 05:40 PM   #35
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I think the problem with TF locations is that while you could probably tot up twenty or so, you'd have trouble finding many that weren't just words to most people. I mean, there's Iacon, but after that it's places like Kalis, Vos or Tarn only those with good UK comic knowledge will get, or Praxis and other ones only TF:WW fans will get. They might as well be made up to anyone else. Even factoring in a few bases as locations wouldn't help, and would be a bit silly... That's going to go right over the head of someone who owns a few DVDs and just wants a slight twist to a game of monopoly, and they'd probably go with Star Wars instead, because once you've had a bit of fun with "Energon Plant", "Oil Works" and "500 Cyberdollar notes", the recognisable TF content would be the player pieces...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 07:22 PM   #36
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Transformers is always gonna be low in the list of the average fellow looking for Monopoly with a twist.

(And I reckon Star Wars will always be somewhere near the top...)

I'd imagine that the game would appeal mainly to adult fans, but there is the problem, as previously mentioned, that few place names are iconic enough for everyone to know. Transformers has never really been too much concerned with places, I don't think. And, of course, you have so many disperate incarnations that one fan's iconic location (and in some cases, even character) is a blank or 'so what?' to many others.

I personally believe there's scope for a location based game, that could encompass the TF universe, and doubt it would have less appeal to the fanbase than another. There's always daft places like 'Unicron's Digestive Chamber' to think about...

I'm not too sure about this character based idea. I'm not sure I get it - you buy characters as if they're property? That just seems weird to me. In that situation, I think I would even stick with Star Wars or Edinburgh or something like that if I wanted a twist.

(And, incidently, my fiancee and I do play Monopoly fairly often, aided by wine... and me and my bros dabble in various versions from time to time.)

The idea of being able to choose the board locations, though, is nice - but I'd prefer it in a property set-up. (And would even allow for people to select their iconic TF locations specific to their interest and knowledge, given the wide ranging TF storylines...)

Anyhoo... that's my take.

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:34 PM   #37
Rurudyne
Unicron

North Texas

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Starring Tantrum.

Or Scrabble with Perceptor. You could only use words of more than nine syllables. Aside from that, it has a picture of Perceptor on the board.

Risk (or similar), with TF generals and a map of Cybertron, would be the real winner I have to say.

"Risk" on Cybertron rather that Earth with purple and red pieces?

A varient of Axis and Allies might work too.

Or, if they REALLY got greedy, Supremacy with umpteen gillion expansion packs (which would actually be a good match for the poliferation of toon and comics continuities....).

Rurudyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:58 PM   #38
DCJosh

Oregon

theres a TF Risk game in the works

DCJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 01:25 AM   #39
optimusprime72
Banned

Default Names for your game list

Hello. I've been a fan of Transformers ever since that long ago day in 1984 when I sat glued to the tv waiting for it to come on. My myspace profile is dedicated to it and my collection of the toys. I would be more than happy to help you in any way that I can. I assume you need names to help with characters for the game so here are my favorites pretty much in order.

1. OPTIMUS PRIME
2. SIDESWIPE
3. SKYFIRE, (OR JETFIRE IF YOU PREFER)
4. WHEELJACK
5. JAZZ
6. PROWL
7. SHOCKWAVE
8. PROWL
9. WINCHARGER
10. CLIFFJUMPER
11. IRONHIDE
12. RATCHET
13. BUMBLEBEE
14. MIRAGE
15. SOUNDWAVE
16. RAVAGE
17. LASERBEAK
18. STARSCREAM
19. SKYWARP
20.THUNDERCRACKER
21. REFLECTOR
22. HARDHEAD
23. TRYPTICON
24. METROPLEX
25. HOT ROD
26. SPRINGER
27. KUP
28. GRIMLOCK
29. SLAG
30. SLUDGE
31. SNARL
32. SWOOP
33. TRAILBREAKER
34. HUFFER
35. HOIST
36. INFERNO
37. RED ALERT
38. GRAPPLE
39. ASTROTRAIN
40. BLITZWING
41. SHRAPNEL
42. KICKBACK
43. BOMBSHELL
44. THRUST
45. DIRGE
46. RAMJET
47. COSMOS
48. WARPATH
49. POWERGLIDE
50. BLASTER
51. BUZZSAW
52. RUMBLE
53. FRENZY
54. ULTRA MAGNUS
55. BLURR
56. RODIMUS PRIME
57. GALVATRON
58. STEELJAW
59. REWIND
60. EJECT
61. BEACHCOMBER
62. TRACKS
63. OMEGA SUPREME
64. LONG HAUL
65. SCRAPPER
66. HOOK
67. BONECRUSHER
68. MIXMASTER
69. MOTORMASTER
70. SLINGSHOT
71. SILVERBOLT
72. FIREFLIGHT
73. OCTANE
74. SANDSTORM
75. MEGATRON
76. SCOURGE
77. CYCLONUS
78. SIXSHOT
79. BLUESTREAK
80. BRAWN
81. GEARS
82. SCAVENGER
83. HOUND
84. PERCEPTOR
85. SEASPRAY
86. SMOKESCREEN
87. BLAST OFF
89. VORTEX
90. BRAWL
91. SKY LYNX
92. HEADSTRONG
93. RAMPAGE
94. DIVEBOMB
95. FIRST AID
96. BLADES
97. ONSLAUGHT
98. RATBAT
99. RAZORCLAW
100. SKYDIVE
101. STREETWISE
102. TANTRUM
103. WILDRIDER
104. WHEELIE
105. WRECKGAR
106. PUNCH
107. CROSSHAIRS
108. CEREBROS
109. FORTRESS MAXIMUS
110. TRIGGERHAPPY
111. HUN-GRRR
112. MINDWIPE
113. MISFIRE
114. WINGSPAN
115. POUNCE

And if you need other characters you can add:
116. Kremzeek
117. Nightbird
118. Aleta 1
119. Firestar
120. Chromia
121. Alpha Trion
122. Orion Pax

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to write or call me. My email address is

optimus-prime@mail.com

My myspace address is

http://www.myspace.com/autobotsletsroll

Thanks a lot.

Transformers Forever!!!!

optimusprime72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 11:32 AM   #40
Trevor Hopkins

Melbourne, Australia
Default Go old school dude!

TF Monopoly - excellent idea!

Since the majority of folk who can afford this shall be 80's nostalga fans - how about you use the cast from the original cartoon! There were well over a hundered different characters on the show. Happy to e-mail you a full list if required. Optimusprime 72 seems to have covered the majority of them here already though.

And just some possible idea's on streets:

Cybertron
Unicron
Moonbase 1
Moonbase 2
The Ark
The Nemesis
Earth
Nebulous
Decepticon Undersea Base
Combaticon Base
Iacon
Autobot City
Kaon

Good luck dude - shall be sure to look out for it in the shops (though feel free to send a free copy eh!)

Cheers, Big Angry Trev

Trevor Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote