• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2007-04-03, 03:10 AM   #41
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
I wish those were around in the US. Big Lots still has plenty of the G1 gestalt limbs KOs and that series of Beast Wars KOs, but nothing as cool as those.
Which limbs? I have uses for the packs that have Swindles in them.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 05:02 AM   #42
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

The ones I saw were constructicons without the connecting bits, Protectobots, and the Aerialbots. 2 for a buck fifty, but you get what you pay for. Quality was seriously bad. I've moved out of Big Lots country, so couldn't say if they've added anything different lately.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 02:01 PM   #43
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

And a word of warning - the KOs tend to be about 95% size... they look roughly the same size as the real thing, and tend to work fine on their own, but don't tend to be compatible with real TFs.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 04:11 PM   #44
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Oh, I know - I've picked up three of the Brawl/Swindle pack just to get Swindle's big gun. If you cut off back end and the smaller tab on the side, you get a gun that's the right size and shape for the Alternator Subaru's shoulder cannons that fits quite neatly -

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...h/P1210162.jpg

With a bit of paint, they can be quite convincing. I've seen bootleg sets on ebay of the missile launchers that came with Smokescreen GT, but they cost around $10 to $15 after all is said and done, which is a bit much.

Two of the Bruticus limb knockoff sets only cost $3 total, and work just as well. The problem is that most of the shops that carry bootleg stuff have no control over the stock they get, so finding a specific set (i.e., the Brawl/Swindle two-pack) is completely random.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 04:16 PM   #45
Osku
One with the Matrix

Finland
Thumbs up

I think I have one extra KO Swindle's gun lying somewhere. I'll be using it for my own Silverstreak though.

Osku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 07:50 PM   #46
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

I gave my KO Swindle's gun to Classics Cliffjumper. Much better now.

Come on and wind me up.
another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 09:55 PM   #47
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

I have going spare (one of each):

Formula
Draken
Tow Trucks
Starfighter
Tractor Trailers

martyboy70 - please pm me to check the haul and let me know if you really do want them! I'm going to need your home addy and come to terms on postage, yeh?

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 01:50 PM   #48
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Hey, all you lot!

Been in Poundstretcher today and found that the original KOs have shrunk in size (I'd say they are halfway between minibots and usual 'bots) and now come two to a pack without light-up inserts. The plastic is not bad quality and some of the transformation faults of the bigger ones have been solved, although the feet are very small. What we have are also repaints, except Formula, who has a nice red design on his hood and his spoiler has a label cheekily reading - 'ROBOTMASTERS RM-03'.

Tow Trucks comes with Starfighter and Formula with Lockheed, No pics on the backing card to indicate their names or the contents of any other pack, but they are bound to be one wheeled vehicle and one aircraft.

Old 2007-05-21, 02:23 PM   #49
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Poundstretcher? Wow, didn't know that chain was still going.

If you happen to be back there and they've got, would you mind picking up a Tractor Trailers pack and I can PP/cheque you the cost?

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 02:34 PM   #50
martyboy70
Chaos Bringer

Glasgow,Scotland

Any chance of some pics Clogs.
I can see you maybe having to go shopping for me again (if you dont mind) as I dont have a Poundstretcher nearby.

Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
martyboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 04:25 PM   #51
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Pics? Um, I'll try. I have this midget digital camera that's a fiend to focus and then I'll have to load up in some way... Leave it with me, unless there is anyone else out there who has spotted these KOs and has better equiptment, as it were....

Old 2007-05-22, 12:16 PM   #52
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Um, sorry... Toys are in Poundland. Had a stressful day yesterday and rather overdid the chocolate (3 Flakes, if you really want to know) ... Do you still love me?

I've been to Nottingham this morning and the shop there has only the same two packs as Leicester. Told that more stock may arrive on Thursday, but that doesn't necessarily mean any different ones - ah, I'll go looksee on Friday.

Old 2007-05-24, 08:38 PM   #53
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Phew! Thanks for the tips on how to do these pics, Denyer!

Old 2007-05-25, 12:02 AM   #54
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

I think I may have buggered up the instructions slightly, or not made 'em very clear... have linked in the URLs I could spot. (Couldn't see any for what I guess would've been the fourth figure -- sorry if they were in fact there.)

edit: The fourth figure is actually the slightly different jet, isn't it?

Old 2007-05-25, 02:10 AM   #55
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Are these made of crappy quality plastic as well? I broke my Starscream KO Clogs sent me transforming it ever so gently the first time

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 02:13 AM   #56
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Tom hasn't reported back to say he broke the SS I sent him, so it may just be you got a less-good one. The three I got originally (Prime/Mirage/jet) and later gave to someone else seem to have held up alright, but with the way they're manufactured I can imagine quality is very variable...

Old 2007-05-25, 02:25 AM   #57
tahukanuva
Human After All

Tennessee, US

Aye, mine broke as I opened it. The R-Blade KO feels like I could crack a window with it though.

tahukanuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 02:55 AM   #58
martyboy70
Chaos Bringer

Glasgow,Scotland

My SS also broke the first time i transformed it hence the fact I got the spare from Clogs which was then transformed with kid gloves and placed in my display cabinet never to be touched by human hand again,the Camo jet wont go back to alt mode because the clip at the cockpit broke the first time I transformed it(which is ok as Im displaying them all in robot mode anyway) and both legs came off the Mirage and flew in different directions following a small drop from my desk onto my rooms laminate flooring-again an emergency substitution from Clogs is standing in.
(I should just mention Clogs is a legend)
The plastic quality is in a word crap, they will break if you give them a dirty look and for the wildly expensive sum of 1 a piece I expect far,far better
To be honest if you look on the first one of each you get as a learning experience they are also educational.Then you transform the second one (gently this time) put them on your shelf and never touch them,dont expose them to bright light,dont get them wet and never,never feed them after midnight and they're fine.
Quite looking forward to getting in the mini-mes(Clogs to the rescue again) I might give them a mini review when I get them in.

Old 2007-05-25, 05:36 AM   #59
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

I seriously transformed mine with the most possible care imaginable, and with each slight movement the plastic would start to split at every possible joint. The wing is what broke on mine as I sloooowly rotated it up for robot mode. Luckily it was an easy fix with some superglue, however I know if I ever even attempted to transform it back into jet mode it would be in so many pieces. Luckily robot mode is how I wanted him displayed.

And yes Clogs is a legend..she surprised me at how nice and generous a person could be to a total stranger in the internet age, she seemed to go out of her way just to help out another fan...kudos!!

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 12:28 PM   #60
martyboy70
Chaos Bringer

Glasgow,Scotland

Quote:
Originally posted by Ackula

And yes Clogs is a legend..she surprised me at how nice and generous a person could be to a total stranger in the internet age, she seemed to go out of her way just to help out another fan...kudos!!
Seconded kind of shocked me too cos these days it just feels like everyone looks after number 1 all the time.
(You're not paranoid if everyone really is out to get you!!)