• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-12, 03:05 PM   #21
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

What I've never understood is, if you support Nazi ideology, why would you want to deny the Holocaust in the first place? Surely they should be all in favour of it and bigging it up as a good thing?

Good grief, my own Grandad (lovely fellow but awfull racist, which can lead to all sorts of fun debates at family get togethers...) has no quarms with saying that trying to kill all the Jews was the only good thing that "Bloody German" ever did, so you'd think pro-Hitler peeps would be the same...

Old 2007-01-12, 03:10 PM   #22
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
What I've never understood is, if you support Nazi ideology, why would you want to deny the Holocaust in the first place? Surely they should be all in favour of it and bigging it up as a good thing?
Holocaust denial lets the anti-Jew conspiracy theorists concoct another outlandish bit of "see - the Jews are all evil" propaganda, without actually painting a swastika on their wall.

"Look at their victim complex - they created this entire myth that the world wants them dead. That's why they deserve to be dead. You know they secretly control the entire universe, right?" is, to many people, preferable to "I endorse the notion of invading Poland."

Old 2007-01-12, 03:14 PM   #23
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

See, I'd rather invade Poland. They have nice women there.

Actually, if Germany hadn't invaded Poland my Gradfather wouldn't have left the country and I'd never have been born. So there you go people, if you want someone to blame for me, blame Hitler.

Old 2007-01-12, 04:58 PM   #24
Galvatron91
Has anger management issues

Keeping the world safe from crappy posts

Quote:
if you want someone to blame for me, blame Hitler.
And his list of crimes just keeps growing and growing...

Old 2007-01-12, 05:26 PM   #25
Axe
Gestalt

Beyond the Dark Portal

[joker's perception of time] like a Big Bang. Meh, ya can't blame the sort of followers who are also inhabitants of crimesville (a nascent universe) for how they are, nevermind how they think. What did I just say? Don't blame 'em, institutionalize 'em, otherwise ritually eat 'em?

edit: I was tending to replace joker with lier, but find kidder to be a happy medium.

Last edited by Axe; 2007-01-12 at 08:10 PM.
Old 2007-01-13, 03:13 PM   #26
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Galvatron91
And his list of crimes just keeps growing and growing...
Denial Guy: There is no proff that Hiter was behind Inflatable Dalek! It's just a lie spread by the international Inflatable Dalek Conspiracy.

Old 2007-01-13, 07:31 PM   #27
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Denial Guy: There is no proff that Hiter was behind Inflatable Dalek! It's just a lie spread by the international Inflatable Dalek Conspiracy.
That makes me think of this guy:

Anyone know what actually happened to him?

EDIT: I read up on him. Apparently, he was captured, but since he wasn't considered responsible for any of the criminal acts of the regime, he was released and is alive and well with his family in the UAE.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2007-01-14 at 07:37 AM.
Old 2007-01-20, 07:01 AM   #28
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
EDIT: I read up on him. Apparently, he was captured, but since he wasn't considered responsible for any of the criminal acts of the regime, he was released and is alive and well with his family in the UAE.
That's good. I always felt kinda sorry for the poor sod. And, I heard long ago that he'd committed suicide, so living with his family the UAE is much preferable.

-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
Old 2007-01-27, 02:03 PM   #29
Dirk Gently

one point that has been missed on this thread is that there is NO other historical event where it is illegal to disagree. Why should anything be above inspection? Many countries in Europe will jail you longer for saying that not so many jews died than for rape.

Holocaust revisonists are called 'deniers' to make them sound mad and therefore not worth listening to. However, this is a misnomer as most of the people that write such stuff do not deny that a huge number of people were murdered by the Nazi's. They disagree on the numbers.

At this point I should make it clear that I in no way agree with any anti-Jew feelings or have any Nazi leanings. I do, however, work with a guy who has written a published paper in Australia showing that the numbers of victims is uncertain.

It has been said that if you wish to alter the numbers of dead Jews upwards then you will be roundly applauded, but should you wish to bring the numbers down, you are attacked.

Yes of course huge numbers of Jews were killed simply for what they belived in, but how many is a question. There is a good deal to show that huge numbers of Jews went to America around the same time as the gas chambers. Also, when the Russians agreed that several hundred thousand Jews were killed it was pushed up by the Americans. Wikipedia has many pages that make interesting reading.

My point is simply, why should a man be jailed for saying he doesnt agree? and who benifits from such firm, and un-questioned numbers?

BIRTH. TEE-OFF. DEATH
Old 2007-01-27, 02:17 PM   #30
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Gently
At this point I should make it clear that I in no way agree with any anti-Jew feelings or have any Nazi leanings.
Thing is, you really shouldn't have to. Exact numbers aren't known or even particularly relevant -- in fact it's pretty much the whole point of memorials such as Auschwitz. People thinking in numbers rather than of individuals is how the holocaust happened.

From what I recall about seven or eight years ago, Irving is actually linked to the neo-Nazi camp and involved in pushed revisionist history with a thin veneer of academic reasonableness... much like the Daily Mail's approach to article sources, where they have a quote for something like The Coalition For Family and it's a soapbox PR organisation with five members operating out of in a single office in Derby.

Old 2007-01-27, 03:15 PM   #31
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

I dunno, though... while I think trying to claim the holocaust was exaggerated is a dangerous thing, especially the way Irvine does it (Dirk's mate's paper, I'd guess, is more of a "deaths might in fact be towards the lower end of estimates or even below, but the whole thing was still bang out of order and undeniably was a direct result of Nazi policy" deal, yeh?), a jail sentence does set a nasty precedent - I mean, are people jailed for denying other historical atrocities or events? And that it carries a harsher sentence than rape is pretty ****ing bad...

Old 2007-01-27, 08:38 PM   #32
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Oh, I wouldn't say jail him... potentially massively counter-productive. Intent does matter a lot in terms of sympathy according to the guy, though.

Old 2007-02-04, 08:58 PM   #33
Hrodberaht
Banned

Manchester

The evidence is pretty much agreeing with irving, loads of scientists and historians with no real interest in supporting the nazis have done their research and learned that the 'holocaust' may be a hoax, plus theirs all the iranian stuff, Gibsons admission, israels agression hiding behind their 'victim' status, dont even get me started on the rothschilds...

Old 2007-02-04, 09:07 PM   #34
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Hrodberaht
The evidence is pretty much agreeing with irving, loads of scientists and historians with no real interest in supporting the nazis have done their research and learned that the 'holocaust' may be a hoax, plus theirs all the iranian stuff, Gibsons admission, israels agression hiding behind their 'victim' status, dont even get me started on the rothschilds...
And yet we still have all the photographs, mass graves, documentation, eye-witness reports, etc, etc and so on.

Old 2007-02-04, 09:12 PM   #35
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
israels agression hiding behind their 'victim' status
Much like the other side. Funny that; who'd have thought that a bunch of people in a guerilla war would each consider themselves in the right?

Old 2007-02-05, 04:37 PM   #36
Hrodberaht
Banned

Manchester

Well the zionists did steal arab land, which was originally german owned.

The evidence is mostly anecdotal, if Adolf hadnt burnt his records they wouldnt have a leg to stand on

Last edited by Hrodberaht; 2007-02-05 at 04:39 PM.
Old 2007-02-05, 05:23 PM   #37
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
which was originally german owned.
Germany dates to... what was it, 1871?

The UK has colonised and/or been invaded by pretty much everybody.

Most people want to pick a time their chosen nation was at its largest, or they owned such-and-such a territory.

Anyway, back to this...
Quote:
The evidence is pretty much agreeing with irving
...go on then, should be good for a laugh.

You may find this useful:

http://www.einsatzgruppenarchives.com/revisionism.html

Old 2007-02-05, 09:20 PM   #38
Hrodberaht
Banned

Manchester

Ive read all i need to know about revisionism, zyklon b for example is a fertiliser.

Then theirs the untrustworthiness (if thats a word) of the suspect and their permanent self imposed isolation from english society.
The germans i reffered to are the ancient germanic tribes who formed the first ten tribes of israel, before the khazars adopyted judaism on their journey westwards towards israel, since then they have influenced the catholics, wrote their 'new testament' and began a gradual economic and social takeover of the western world

Old 2007-02-05, 09:27 PM   #39
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Quote:
israels agression hiding behind their 'victim' status,
Yeah, that has nothing to do with coming into existence in 1948 and having every country around you vowing you wipe you off the map.

The only land Israel wanted was the land they were given. It's not their fault that the combined might of the surrounding Muslim countries was so inept that they ended up losing their land as opposed to taking Israel's in the war.

Israel has a right to defend it's self.

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Old 2007-02-05, 09:37 PM   #40
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Question

Quote:
The germans i reffered to are the ancient germanic tribes who formed the first ten tribes of israel, before the khazars adopyted judaism on their journey westwards towards israel, since then they have influenced the catholics, wrote their 'new testament' and began a gradual economic and social takeover of the western world
Got a source for all this? Never heard anything like this before.

Closed Thread