• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-01-31, 06:25 PM   #21
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Quote:
Originally posted by tarikq
but once they hear "trading standards" they soon get worried.
I can tell you now, from working in a shop myself, as soon as any c**t mentions trading standards I'll gladly give them the number. Trading Standards can't do jack-**** do long as the staff member is adhering to their company policies which can, quite happily, state that items are non-refundable on an 'un-wanted' item.

It's people that believe that Trading Standards are their best friends that generally don't have a ****ing clue how the magical world of retail works.

Anyways, back o/t, Woolies up here in Carlisle had ONE Cybertron Scrap Metal & ONE Classics Starscream and a distinct amount of empty space around them. Didn't see any in our 'big' Tesco last night either, but both our Tesco stores are crap.

StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 06:39 PM   #22
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
both our Tesco stores are crap.
Must go with this forgotten part of the country...

:rolleyes:

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 07:01 PM   #23
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Quote:
Originally posted by numbat
Must go with this forgotten part of the country...

:rolleyes:
No, really, stay your side of the border. It's crap here. REALLY CRAP.

Old 2007-02-01, 11:16 AM   #24
tarikq

Quote:
Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
I can tell you now, from working in a shop myself, as soon as any c**t mentions trading standards I'll gladly give them the number. Trading Standards can't do jack-**** do long as the staff member is adhering to their company policies which can, quite happily, state that items are non-refundable on an 'un-wanted' item.

It's people that believe that Trading Standards are their best friends that generally don't have a ****ing clue how the magical world of retail works.
Yes but alot of shops do know the rules fully themselves and will back down because of this, all part of playing the game. like I've said before I have never had any problem returning something straight away if its an item that I already own. Suppose it depends on where you go and what C**t is serving you.

tarikq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 01:30 PM   #25
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
No, really, stay your side of the border. It's crap here. REALLY CRAP.
You're saying that to a Scot!

Seriously, though, I think we may be evenly matched here...

My car's windscreen got broken today on the way back from a site visit, and the nearest folk who can repair it are in Carlisle! (a nice 50 miles from where I live, along country roads before Dumfries...). Ach well...

But, on the plus side, swinging past Tesco on the way home to pick up some fish and bugs for dinner, it turns out Dumfries now have Classics! And more than I saw in the Edinburgh stores, too! Madness! Been upgraded from a tiny section on a bottom shelf, to having a few shelves! All size classes, from Legends to Mini-Cons (picked up the Dinobots), to Deluxe to Voyager, and the Megs Vs Prime two pack. They also have stacks of the wee Titaniums.

If they're in Dumfries, they must be elsewhere!

Old 2007-02-01, 09:28 PM   #26
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Quote:
Yes but alot of shops do know the rules fully themselves and will back down because of this,
What 'rules' are you talking about?! There are no 'rules' but those defined by the company & it's down the employee to enforce those rules. Generally out of professional courtesy a refund may be offered, but if the policy states (and I've had this same issue in my store) an un-wanted item is not always eligable for a refund.

Anywho, staying (roughly) on topic, Woolworths here still ONLY have 1 Starscream on the shelf and the space around them has been filled with SW stuff. Tesco in the city centre has attacktix (?) "figures" and the main, outskirts of town, Tesco has nadda.

Old 2007-02-01, 10:03 PM   #27
tarikq

Quote:
Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
What 'rules' are you talking about?! There are no 'rules' but those defined by the company & it's down the employee to enforce those rules. Generally out of professional courtesy a refund may be offered, but if the policy states (and I've had this same issue in my store) an un-wanted item is not always eligable for a refund.

sorry meant to say they DO NOT know the rules....

Old 2007-02-01, 10:22 PM   #28
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

I have an urge to emigrate to Dumfries. But I also have no money. Guess I'll have to try Tesco, instead.

Ah-ha! I just happen to live a good spit in a backing wind downhill from our remodelled and expanded Tesco, so I now need to shop there this coming weekend in order to feed the family. Then, if it's full of TFs, I'll need to win the Lottery, for which I'll have to fork out for a ticket...

Darn.

Hey! Anyone any ideas why US Walmart can get TFs, but there's sweet Fanny by Gaslight in UK Asda?

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 10:27 PM   #29
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

UK supermarkets don't gear up for toys at this time of year -- presumably they've found they don't sell well enough over here. Asda wouldn't need to go through Hasbro UK, though.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 09:56 PM   #30
Hrodberaht
Banned

Manchester

I had the same problem in argos, they are truly useless. Forbidden planet have quite a few classics in, all of the first wave as well as mirage, bought astrotrain from their today

Hrodberaht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 11:45 PM   #31
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

The posh Tesco has a fair amount of TFs on display, including OP vs Megs. Lots of the usual Bumbles etc.

Things is looking up. Where's my lottery ticket?

Old 2007-02-04, 06:17 PM   #32
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Hi - just thought I'd say that Tesco are selling the Cybertron toys around half price (but not online).

Old 2007-02-04, 10:03 PM   #33
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Quote:
Originally posted by numbat
Hi - just thought I'd say that Tesco are selling the Cybertron toys around half price (but not online).
Dumfries again? None of the Cybertron range in Tesco here...

Old 2007-02-05, 06:27 PM   #34
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Yay, my smaller town Tesco finally got Classics in! Rodimus, Starscream and Bumblebee to be exact. I bought Rodimus

So tempted by Bumblebee...more like to get Cliffjumper if he becomes available here though

Old 2007-02-05, 07:14 PM   #35
tarikq

i've now found them in a Big W store as well, and also loads of tesco's, life is good! wish i could sort out the Jetfire though... do people think he is worth the 20?

Old 2007-02-05, 08:51 PM   #36
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Quote:
i've now found them in a Big W store as well, and also loads of tesco's, life is good! wish i could sort out the Jetfire though... do people think he is worth the 20?
I picked up Jetfire the other day from my local TRU. I think he is absolutely brilliant and easily worth the 20. He's got two great modes, a sh*t load of accessories and is rapidly becoming one of my favourite TFs. So far I love all the Classics and can't wait to get the other waves.

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 09:39 PM   #37
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Jetfire is gorgeous.

Old 2007-02-05, 10:43 PM   #38
tarikq

Jetfire to be purchased asap then... but when my gf moans about another one i'll point her in your direction yea! lol

Old 2007-02-06, 04:07 PM   #39
tarikq

Quote:
Jetfire to be purchased asap then... but when my gf moans about another one i'll point her in your direction yea! lol
hopefully she wont notice the classics bumblebee I just got in Barking Woolworths...

Old 2007-02-08, 11:25 AM   #40
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Tesco Kidderminster now has a fine selection of Titaniums (never thought I'd see them at the Co) and Classics- Including the minicons and the Vs. set. I adore newtank Megatron far more than I thought I would. And though he's gennerally naff, making Prime dance a Irish jig is probably the most fun I've had with transformers since finding out that Zarak's first name is Mo.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote