Autobase Germany
Default First look at movie Megatron toy

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=126011

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 09:44 PM   #2
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Nice idea - but I think I prefer the Leader Class version we've already seen. I won't be coming away with two large Megs, that's for sure (but the Legends will be mine...)!

:rolleyes:

numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 11:42 PM   #3
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Thumbs down

Yay! He has icicle power!

After seeing the animation model, I can thoroughly say I'm not excited about him, especially his, quite honestly, lacklustre "We can't be arsed to figure out how to make him transform, so we're giving him a half-arsed alt mode, and coming up with a crap backstory about a conveniently top-secret government prototype doohickey that just so happens to look nothing like anything found on this earth" mode.

All I gotta say is that I really hope the story is good, but what I've been hearing, regarding the treatment of another property, has cast serious doubt, for me. Apparently, they're looking to make GI Joe into a buddy movie, staring Duke and Action Man (No, I'm really not just saying that to be funny . . . ).

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 12:06 AM   #4
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

After reading movie prequel one and seeing megs as a alien jet, it all makes sense. instead of having one of those comet shaped space modes he's a jet shaped space craft. when he lands on earth there was no planes to copy an alt mode for so he stays in his alien jet form.

It will all make sense to you when the movie comes out.

if you still don't like the design well i can't help you.

another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 01:05 AM   #5
RID Scourge
Lurking

Everything I've heard indicates that he chose his mode from a top-secret plane that was being developed by the government. However you slice it, though, it's called "the design team got lazy and couldn't be arsed to think up a real alt mode for Megs, so they took the easy way out."

Old 2007-03-11, 01:33 AM   #6
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

I don't want to spoil it for you, but you are not making a correct assumption. thats all I will say for now.

another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 03:01 AM   #7
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
However you slice it, though, it's called "the design team got lazy and couldn't be arsed to think up a real alt mode for Megs, so they took the easy way out."
How so?

If you're Megatron and you view humans as inferior would you want their vehicles as an alt-mode? Or if you're the leader of an invading alien force that uses a race's own technology against them, what technology do you take? Another plane or a top-secret killing machine?

It's called "The writing team came up with an idea on how they wanted Megatron to be and that included not being like every other character in the movie."

Sociopathic Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 09:43 AM   #8
Megatimus
Headmaster

I'm going to go with more reliable sources like a Tom DeSanto interview and IGN game preview. Even if Megatron doesn't assume an Earth mode in the film, I guess it could pop up as a toy. As for why we've not seen it, I guess Megatron's head design is the same in Earth mode and that the Stealth bomber is entirely CG in the film.

Megatimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 11:28 AM   #9
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Alt mode:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=126048

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 12:51 PM   #10
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

The vehicle mode looks like he merely fell over.

Tetsuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 01:38 PM   #11
Ravage
Primus

In the depths of blackest Hell. Or just Vermont

You know I almost want to thank Hasbro. I can start going after G1's again due to them producing crap like this. Not to say there wasn't crap in G1 but still.

Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 05:08 PM   #12
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravage
You know I almost want to thank Hasbro. I can start going after G1's again due to them producing crap like this. Not to say there wasn't crap in G1 but still.
Yeah I know what you mean. I was thinking about stopping collecting after the Classics and this sort of thing may convince me. Haven't seen many that I want from the movie line except Blackout, but that's about it.

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 05:17 PM   #13
mongoosehuman

Chicago, IL

Quote:
Everything I've heard indicates that he chose his mode from a top-secret plane that was being developed by the government. However you slice it, though, it's called "the design team got lazy and couldn't be arsed to think up a real alt mode for Megs, so they took the easy way out."
I don't know any spoilers, but upon hearing that rumor about the top-secret military plane, and having seen the leaked pictures of alien-plane Megs, I assumed that he switched modes at some point in the film. It seems like Bumblebee also switches modes at some point, going from 1970's Camaro to current-model Camaro.

mongoosehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 07:00 PM   #14
TSFC
Banned

The ice kills it for me, but I like the look. I'm still impressed.

TSFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 07:37 PM   #15
Megatimus
Headmaster

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=121603

Scroll down. Much better Leader class toy coming.

Megatimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 03:16 AM   #16
RID Scourge
Lurking

Quote:
Originally posted by another tf fan
I don't want to spoil it for you, but you are not making a correct assumption. thats all I will say for now.
I'd rather you did actually spoil it for me. It might actually make me look forward to the movie, if I know there's something more behind the alt mode/gives an interesting twist in the story.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
How so?

If you're Megatron and you view humans as inferior would you want their vehicles as an alt-mode? Or if you're the leader of an invading alien force that uses a race's own technology against them, what technology do you take? Another plane or a top-secret killing machine?

It's called "The writing team came up with an idea on how they wanted Megatron to be and that included not being like every other character in the movie."
I guess it makes sense, but "It's a top secret prototype" just seems like the easy way out, to me.

If he were to do it because he saw the earth vehicles as inferior, that would make a bit more sense, but if he's looking to be an effective leader, who doesn't believe that earth vehicles are worthy, then why would he allow his men to take them? Certainly, they'd be a more effective fighing force, if they all had cybertronian modes.

If it's a top secret prototype, then the government certainly would have other designs. Why wouldn't he allow his men to choose those, as well. Certainly, the autobots would be more concerned with subtly than the decepticons.

Old 2007-03-12, 04:31 AM   #17
Dreadwing
Dinobot

Phoenix, Az, USA

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
Alt mode:

That thing looks like swoop took a big **** and Megs decided to scan it.

Dreadwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 05:22 AM   #18
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Quote:
I guess it makes sense, but "It's a top secret prototype" just seems like the easy way out, to me.

If he were to do it because he saw the earth vehicles as inferior, that would make a bit more sense, but if he's looking to be an effective leader, who doesn't believe that earth vehicles are worthy, then why would he allow his men to take them? Certainly, they'd be a more effective fighing force, if they all had cybertronian modes.
Really hard to hide from the Autobots if you stick out like a sore thumb.

Quote:
If it's a top secret prototype, then the government certainly would have other designs. Why wouldn't he allow his men to choose those, as well. Certainly, the autobots would be more concerned with subtly than the decepticons.

Unless they're trying to hide from the Autobots. I get the feeling Megatron doesn't appear until the cat is out of the bag anyways.

Sociopathic Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 06:50 AM   #19
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
Alt mode:

scratches head

Hmmm. Clear plastic. Curious design. Seems reminiscent to the Beast Machines toyline.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 12:58 PM   #20
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

Micheal Bay: "You know, those inner robots for the Pretenders lines were GREAT ideas!"

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote