• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-04-18, 07:39 AM   #21
Maraudermus Prime 2

Australia

I bet soon after this, there will be a MP Thundercracker...

Maraudermus Prime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 09:45 AM   #22
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Maraudermus Prime 2
I bet soon after this, there will be a MP Thundercracker...
I sure hope so, it would be cool to have a line of Masterpiece Seekers.

Hmmm...what color is the main body of the plane? It doesn't look like black to me but more a darker gray. Then again, it could be my monitor.

I'm hoping this is like MP Starscream in the way it's colored -- a very realistic jet mode and nods toward the G1 colors or updates of the G1 colors in robot mode. I do hope they change the material for the mold though to a more robust plastic instead of the stuff they used for Screamer.

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 01:58 PM   #23
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

I dunno. I'm a firm believer that he could have done without either the blue or the red. The three colors just clash two much, while only two of the colors would blend much better. Maybe green with blue? That would have been most-preferred, but red and green would have worked, too.

Anywho, I knew a Skywarp was coming, so I decided to bide my time.

A more robust plastic? Are there reports of Starscreams breaking fairly often? That would be a bit of a concern, if I'm going to drop that kind of cash on a figure . . .

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 11:39 PM   #24
Civ

Pennsylvania

The thing with Screamer is that I'm not so sure that the main body color is green. With mine, it can look blue, green, or a dark gray depending upon the light. I showed MP Screamer to a friend of mine who's a jet fanatic, especially for F-15s and he said the color is definitely "gunship gray". Considering he knows far more about the jets than I do, I'm going to take his word for it.

As for the plastic for Screamer, yeah, it is brittle. I've read numerous posts on TFW2005 where people opened up their MP-03s to find stress marks on the plastic. In particular, those little spikes that stick out at the top of the tail fins, which is what happened with mine. Apparently, from what I've been told, it's the same type of plastic they use for the model airplanes that you have to put together with glue and such. It's not robust at all and I accidentally busted a piece just transforming him even while being really careful not to apply a whole lot of force.

Last edited by Civ; 2007-04-18 at 11:45 PM.
Old 2007-04-18, 11:45 PM   #25
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Civ
the color is definitely "gunship gray".
http://tvsothertenpercent.tripod.com/reddwarf/me2.html

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 11:48 PM   #26
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Auros
I would actually prefer to buy this over MP Starscream if only because I like the colors better, but I just didn't get boners over Starscream like other kids apparently did.
I hear that. From an aesthetic point of view, and assuming Takara don't go for the wishy-washy Thundercracker TV scheme (which is like asking them to introduce quality control, stop co-operating with eHobby for implausible recolours, and to drop The Black Optimus Prime thing already),Starscream's easily the most boring-looking of the lot. Actually, even colouring-book Thundercracker looks better...

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 12:11 AM   #27
Civ

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
http://tvsothertenpercent.tripod.com/reddwarf/me2.html
Quote:
Lister: But why are they painting the colour the same colour it was before?
Rimmer: They're changing it from Ocean Gray to Military Gray. Something that should've been done a long time ago.
Lister: Looks exactly the same to me.
Rimmer: No. No no no. That's the new Military Gray bit there, and that's the dowdy, old, nasty Ocean Gray bit there. Or is it the other way round?
Heh heh heh...classic.

Could be worse though, there could be a raving TFW fanboy on this site whining over MP Screamer not being an F-15S while whining about it not being colored that garrish, TV show combination.

Old 2007-04-19, 06:31 AM   #28
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

He's up for pre-order at hlj at the moment. 78 USD

The news listings at e-hobby stated that he's going to have two new facial expressions [both seen on BBTS] and that he's going to have more die-cast than the previous version of the mould. If they made the wing connectors [the ones that swing up during transformation] die-cast, I'll be happy.

The only thing that worries me is hlj's description-MP 06 Masterpiece Skywarp Animation. I guess we should be expecting a Starscream Animation next March...

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 06:48 AM   #29
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

I'm most likely going to be in the minority here, and I feel on the defensive from the get go and must proclaim that I'm not a whining fanboy. Now that I have this out of the way let me begin....

I'm a huge Starscream fan, yes I know I'm not the only one, and I have held off on MP-03 because of the boring ugly paint job in hopes that there would be an official "anime" coloured version. This recent news gives me a slight bit of hope seeing that Takara has begun the obligatory repaints of the seeker mold.

And yes MP Skywarp is looking good isn't he? I sure as hell hope Takara does a decent release of Screamer now and rectify the problems the original one is supposed to have.

And just let me please say this as well, I don't care how realistic the MP-03 is as far as the color goes, I want the show accurate colours. When I was 6 years old I didn't care about whether or not Screamer was "realistic" in colour, and to be honest I don't care now either...I just want to see my favorite character the way I remember him for good ol nostalgia's sake.

So here's to Takara and hoping they give us an anime coloured MP starscream next

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 10:04 PM   #30
Civ

Pennsylvania

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=130493

Bigger photos of Skywarp and close-ups of both his faces. SCSW, you may need a tissue after you see Warp's secondary face.

Old 2007-04-19, 10:48 PM   #31
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile

Ah, a much better look at Warp. Well, looks like most of the purple is there, and in the right places too, with the exception of the feet, but I can easily live with that. Overall, I'm happy with it, but in order for Skywarp to be "perfect" in my eyes, he ought to have his signature purple and silver decals on his wings. I know that MP Thunder-Screamer had his red decals, as well as large faction symbols, it would be a bit of a let down if 'Warps didn't have his. They complete the package called Skywarp. Though, I am sure repro-labels will come up with something if the package doesn't.

As for the faces....The first one seems standard enough, but the gnashing teeth face...er, ummm, not so much. He looks....ummmm...very "special". Kind of creepy, actually. "Creepy" as in the dirty, "hey there little girl, you want some candy", pervert kind of creepy.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 06:38 AM   #32
jon

My first "masterpiece" figure was the 20th anniversary Prime. That was about two years ago and I'm still not over it. Die cast or not, it's extremely sturdy and the plastic parts are as durable as can be. I paid $20 more for my second MP and broke it's left wing off the the first time I tried transforming it into a jet. It is now in robot mode and it will stay in robot mode. It is made of model kit plastic, as mentioned above and I'm very uneasy about shelling out another $100 for such a flimsy toy. I like transformers 'cause the transform, man! My MP Megatron seem's better but it still takes the hands of a surgeon to handle it. These aren't kids' toys.

jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:40 PM   #33
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

Oh, he's looking better and better. Definitely purple there and he is so sleek in aircraft mode. This is going to be a very hard year on the wallet, especially if they round it all off with TC.

Er, Warpy's rather warped 2nd face - Duane Dibley!?

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:00 PM   #34
Skidmark
Make me unsee it!

In your base, stealing your flag

This raises one question for me. Will they make Master Piece Blitzwing?

Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:10 PM   #35
Starscream's_Servant

TEXAS!

ACK! I almost exploded from trying to hold the laughter in! (My dad's asleep.)

Starscream's_Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 01:24 AM   #36
ColdBain
Powermaster

New Zealand

Why the **** is Skywarp smiling sheepishly? Does this toy come with multiple heads or something?

Looks like there ain't gonna be the classic white+purple stripes on the wings! The damn thing is completely black... more tasteful than the blue/grey that Starscream was. (It's absolute bollocks that they couldn't have Starscream his light grey, I'VE seen planes that are light grey. And the red 'chest' thing is heading in plane mode anyway! ARGH! "These wounds, they will not heal")

And I didn't want to have to quote Linkin Park, but there you go.

I'm getting the Skywarp, because it's good.

ColdBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 01:46 AM   #37
Skidmark
Make me unsee it!

In your base, stealing your flag

Holy crap!! That is the worst smile I have ever seen!!

Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 05:15 AM   #38
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Quote:
Originally posted by ColdBain
Does this toy come with multiple heads or something?
Interchangeable faces, actually. Involves pulling the head back, and flipping the face. Something like that, anyway.

Quote:
Looks like there ain't gonna be the classic white+purple stripes on the wings!
This was my concern as well, but 'Thunder-Screamer did after all come with his decals, both applied and on a sticker sheet. Hopefully, this will be the case with 'Warps.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 07:14 AM   #39
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

see, this is why the east shouldn't be allowed to create faces for sneaky/joker type characters.

Anyone?

StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 09:18 AM   #40
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA

Too True SCS, Too True.

another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote