• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-06-22, 09:09 PM   #21
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

The female form in motion can be a beautiful thing, sometimes.

Anyway, the grey on Starscream looks fine, but the piece as a whole looks really tacky with the red and blue showing so prominently while a jet. Like the original, it's too busy.

If it were completely grey as a jet, with the blue and red coming out for the robot mode (like the Takara one), it'd be quite spiffy.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 01:15 PM   #22
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

New pics from a well-known auction site. All pics collected here:

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...starscream_us/

Rumor is he might end up as a Wal*Mart exclusive.

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 01:39 PM   #23
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
New pics from a well-known auction site. All pics collected here:

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...starscream_us/
Hrm. The red/white contrast looks better in the pic of him on the stand... maybe it's the lighting from the show pic which put me off. Still not entirely sold on it though.

And the "detailing" just looks like somebody took a fineliner and coloured in all the contours... ugh.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 08:21 PM   #24
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

Me like

The panel lines wouldn't be missed, though.

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 03:20 PM   #25
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

So, apparently he will be a Wal*Mart exclusive and retail for $59.99.

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2039349

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 09:02 PM   #26
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Slag! Slag and double slag! Please let this WalMart thing just be a horrendous assumption. And, if it's true, I bet Asda won't be getting any in, as per usual.

This is gonna make the purse go ouchie....

Old 2007-06-29, 10:06 PM   #27
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Clogs
Slag! Slag and double slag! Please let this WalMart thing just be a horrendous assumption. And, if it's true, I bet Asda won't be getting any in, as per usual.

This is gonna make the purse go ouchie....
i would love to go to wally world, but they quit carrying alternators and masterpieces as soon as movie stuff was rumored. so i tend to boycott it, i have more luck at Hastings when it comes to finding these things tucked away. *sighs*

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 11:57 PM   #28
martyboy70
Chaos Bringer

Glasgow,Scotland

Clogs Im guessing you are also miffed by the lack of us getting any of the Walmart exs considering they own asda you would think they could chuck us some considering factoring in the UK market although possibly not that big (Us paying double basically) they could probably increase their buying power and leverage and therefore lower the purchase price by a couple of dollars on 50,000 units thats $100,000.
Now imagine they gave them to us at exchange rate (assuming$59.99=30 quid plus a tenner for their trouble is there anyone UK based who wouldnt seek out their nearest ASDA to get one of these for 39.99 my nearest one is 5 mins away and id be there.

Last edited by martyboy70; 2007-06-30 at 12:12 AM.
martyboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 10:13 PM   #29
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Quote:
Originally posted by martyboy70
Clogs Im guessing you are also miffed by the lack of us getting any of the Walmart exs considering they own asda you would think they could chuck us some considering factoring in the UK market although possibly not that big (Us paying double basically) they could probably increase their buying power and leverage and therefore lower the purchase price by a couple of dollars on 50,000 units thats $100,000.
Now imagine they gave them to us at exchange rate (assuming$59.99=30 quid plus a tenner for their trouble is there anyone UK based who wouldnt seek out their nearest ASDA to get one of these for 39.99 my nearest one is 5 mins away and id be there.
Oh, hell ,yes. 'Miffed' is putting it mildly; I studied Anglo-Saxon, y'know.... Wonder whether it'd be worth contacting Asda and suggesting that they might want to stop just getting in the Star Wars stuff, nice though it be, and get the motherboarding exclusive TFs right NOW!!!

Old 2007-07-01, 02:29 AM   #30
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Clogs
Oh, hell ,yes. 'Miffed' is putting it mildly; I studied Anglo-Saxon, y'know.... Wonder whether it'd be worth contacting Asda and suggesting that they might want to stop just getting in the Star Wars stuff, nice though it be, and get the motherboarding exclusive TFs right NOW!!!

whoa, i can understand you're miffed, but i know i have just as hard a time getting things in as you do. living in arkansas, usa just plain sucks, and i hope you're able to get these toys before i even do, and i know you will. in the meantime, i am just gonna buy a veritech fighter, get a different head, and say "yup, this is mr. starscream!".

Old 2007-07-01, 07:12 AM   #31
SenahBirdR
Headmaster

Underneath a rainy tree, Oregon

I'm actually very impressed with how well the traditional color scheme comes out in jet mode.

I too had stopped shopping TF's at Walmart since they dumped everything else for the movie toys. However I suppose I will have to return for the Exclusive. Spark damnit!

If I had been picking up the Takara originals I would not have picked this one up. The MP Starscream does look better in the gray however the ease of availability and price makes this decision for me as it did for the MP Optimus and me picking up the cheaper more available US version.

SenahBirdR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 07:38 AM   #32
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

I like the Decepticon Crown decal below the cockpit...nice touch. Is that on the original MP-03 as well? I'm glad I've been holding off on buying MP-03...the lower price and show accurate colours really make this a no brainer for me. I just hope the wait from now till Nov. isn't too unbearable.

I realize alot of people are not loving the colour scheme, but to me its the way it should be. I don't have anything against the more realistic colours on MP-03...but I'd rather have this one. Mostly because in my mind this is how I always picture Starscream....being that its what I grew up with.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 10:01 AM   #33
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer007
whoa, i can understand you're miffed, but i know i have just as hard a time getting things in as you do.
You have to pay import tax and extortionate shipping rates to order from BBTS / buy from eBay too?

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 01:03 PM   #34
martyboy70
Chaos Bringer

Glasgow,Scotland

Quote:
whoa, i can understand you're miffed, but i know i have just as hard a time getting things in as you do. living in arkansas, usa just plain sucks, and i hope you're able to get these toys before i even do, and i know you will. in the meantime, i am just gonna buy a veritech fighter, get a different head, and say "yup, this is mr. starscream!".
OMG you have no idea do you????? Doing a quick search on the Walmart site for a Fort Smith zip code(72901) shows four stores in Fort Smith itself and 16 in total within what looks like an hours drive Id guess most if not all of these would carry this item so you could pick this up at any time on any day.
My nearest walmart is an 8 hour transatlantic flight away (or a long swim if you ask google) and as a couple of lunatics drove a Jeep into the Main Terminal Building at Glasgow Airport and set it on fire yesterday it will be a while before I could even do that.
So you can pick this up at any one of 16 stores with one probably within walking distance for half the price it will be in the UK you really do have it tough eh?????
I feel your pain
Sorry mate but you havent got a clue

martyboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 09:59 PM   #35
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by martyboy70
OMG you have no idea do you????? Doing a quick search on the Walmart site for a Fort Smith zip code(72901) shows four stores in Fort Smith itself and 16 in total within what looks like an hours drive Id guess most if not all of these would carry this item so you could pick this up at any time on any day.
My nearest walmart is an 8 hour transatlantic flight away (or a long swim if you ask google) and as a couple of lunatics drove a Jeep into the Main Terminal Building at Glasgow Airport and set it on fire yesterday it will be a while before I could even do that.
So you can pick this up at any one of 16 stores with one probably within walking distance for half the price it will be in the UK you really do have it tough eh?????
I feel your pain
Sorry mate but you havent got a clue
umm excuse me? i don't have a clue? i work and go to school, and any time i go to wal mart is to pick up small things, not toys, and do you know how hard it is to find a person to actually CHECK the bloody back of the store to see if it is in stock? no, i doubt it. i am going to ignore the bit you had said and try to keep this as clean and fresh as a mint-like breeze as i can. i am sorry about the airport bit, but that has no damned reference at all. they could order it, true true, but if i do not make it in terms of their management's deadline, they sell it out from under me. and right now, i see this toy as over priced anyway considering the reviews on the low quality plastic it is made of. it's a God ****ed toy, i can blow 60 USD on food, gas for my vehicle (when I have to make a necessary trip to another town or college in Oklahoma), and other things.

And to answer another question that was aimed at me, I have paid import taxes before on various things in the past, and sometimes on Ebay, if a person wanted something bad enough and it was a fairly reasonable price, for instance, a gundam, Char's Counterattack, Sazabi 1/90th perfect grade mobile suit model, I paid once up to almost 200 dollars to have one imported in from china because it was the cheapest one at the time considering others were from the UK, Aussie-land, and various other places overseas. I will never spend more than what I have to anymore. Questions answered, next issue anyone on this over priced piece of plastic?

*edit* I am sorry for that terrorist attack happening, i have friends in GB too, and I do worry about them, but sir, you honestly insulted me by really bringing that into the discussion when it was not absolutely warranted when i was stating my sympathy to clogs for acquiring anything. I do not come onto these forums to get involved in arguments, or to start them, I just come to these forums to share insight, and by the way, the way you stated all those "16" stores in my "area" I do not have the time or the patience to drive to ALL 16 when I have other important things to do. I would rather brainstorm, use my freetime, and build one of these toys in my free time if any is available. I haven't even bought a new transformer toy in about a year since my Rodimus classics figure that sits proudly by my television set. I think I paid 5 USD for it at an antique store when I saw it there, and that was the last time I paid a dime for anything hobby wise.

Last edited by Springer007; 2007-07-01 at 10:17 PM.
Old 2007-07-01, 10:16 PM   #36
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

I think $59.99 is a very good price for the figure, considering the cost to import/buy the MP-03, which is significantly more expensive. I suppose I can see Springer's point if he doesn't have the money for an "overpriced piece of plastic", but I didn't seem to recall the price point being the issue of the comments being made towards him.

I think it was that we here in the US have a much easier time of course aquiring an exclusive to our country's retail chain..which is a no-brainer. And to be fair Springer...if one of the 4 local Wal-Marts do not have it in stock you can order it directly to your local store via their website, thats why they replaced all the lay-away departments in the stores, to make way for this service. So it is going to be relatively easy for US consumers to purchase this figure.

I do feel bad for the ones outside of the US when it comes to exclusives like this, I know how it is...i myself purchase alot of things that can only be bought from Japan...mainly CD's and DVD's...and have to pay significantly more than I would if it were available here. On average a full length CD release is $29 + shipping. Not exactly the same situation..but close enough to where I can surely relate and feel your pain Clogs..and others overseas.

Old 2007-07-01, 10:25 PM   #37
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Ackula
I think $59.99 is a very good price for the figure, considering the cost to import/buy the MP-03, which is significantly more expensive. I suppose I can see Springer's point if he doesn't have the money for an "overpriced piece of plastic", but I didn't seem to recall the price point being the issue of the comments being made towards him.

I think it was that we here in the US have a much easier time of course aquiring an exclusive to our country's retail chain..which is a no-brainer. And to be fair Springer...if one of the 4 local Wal-Marts do not have it in stock you can order it directly to your local store via their website, thats why they replaced all the lay-away departments in the stores, to make way for this service. So it is going to be relatively easy for US consumers to purchase this figure.

I do feel bad for the ones outside of the US when it comes to exclusives like this, I know how it is...i myself purchase alot of things that can only be bought from Japan...mainly CD's and DVD's...and have to pay significantly more than I would if it were available here. On average a full length CD release is $29 + shipping. Not exactly the same situation..but close enough to where I can surely relate and feel your pain Clogs..and others overseas.
the best place i could order it from and i know it would get it to me, is amazon.com, but since they do not accept paypal anymore, i don't even buy things online anymore now. i hate ordering through wal mart's website because i would rather 1) give someone else the money besides them, or 2) save as much as i can for things that really matter. i think it was even last year before i had left on a business trip that i ordered two sets of alternators from BBTS, but anymore it's getting ridiculous how much certain things are starting to cost. cost wasn't an issue, but when it comes to the gasoline used to travel to all sixteen stores, and have the item right then and there (i am not even sure a person can even special order things in wal mart unless it is in bulk! or that is how it used to be) truth be told, there are a small group of transformer collectors here where i live. and when they do not make money from a certain toy, they won't even keep it in stock anymore because the store is at the mercy of the corporate offices. i could ramble on about the common sense of business, but that would eb a discussion for another day possibly.

Old 2007-07-01, 10:37 PM   #38
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Quote:
the best place i could order it from and i know it would get it to me, is amazon.com, but since they do not accept paypal anymore, i don't even buy things online anymore now. i hate ordering through wal mart's website because i would rather 1) give someone else the money besides them, or 2) save as much as i can for things that really matter. i think it was even last year before i had left on a business trip that i ordered two sets of alternators from BBTS, but anymore it's getting ridiculous how much certain things are starting to cost. cost wasn't an issue, but when it comes to the gasoline used to travel to all sixteen stores, and have the item right then and there (i am not even sure a person can even special order things in wal mart unless it is in bulk! or that is how it used to be) truth be told, there are a small group of transformer collectors here where i live. and when they do not make money from a certain toy, they won't even keep it in stock anymore because the store is at the mercy of the corporate offices. i could ramble on about the common sense of business, but that would eb a discussion for another day possibly.
This is from Walmart.com

" What is Site to Store?
Site to Store is a service that gives you access to tens of thousands of items - many of which are not available in stores - shipped for free to your local Wal-Mart. With Site to Store, you order online and pick up your order at your local Wal-Mart in 7-10 business days. "

So as you can see it costs nothing, it is available in your state..I checked...and its not ordering from their website exactly because you pay at the store when you pick it up. And no I do not work for Wal-mart....I just like to support convenience.

Old 2007-07-01, 11:21 PM   #39
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

well i'll be a monkey's uncle. this actually gives me a real reason to actually go there now (no sarcasm intended), but right now bills will have to be the top priority. thanks for the info, i am actually glad they did this now, last time i checked, which was awhile back, they were asking for bulk item shipping usually; and now, i am wondering if they will do special orders in customer service now. if so, i can and will start ordering cds/dvds and other things for my nephew as a reward when he does well in school.

Old 2007-07-02, 12:01 AM   #40
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

TF's do seem to be hard to come by in Britain because of the price gouging and brick and mortar stores not getting product. But, having shopped around for several Europeans on the site, I can say this: because of distribution snafus, the US isn't always the land of TF milk and honey either. Sometimes, it's really a case of "they're on the North American continent somewhere... best get looking!"

The Interwebs are where it's at, really

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote