Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2007-06-07, 03:59 AM   #21
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Civ
Scratch -- reminds me of Cybertron Overhaul in design. I can't believe he has a turnable waist! A toy that small and that old and it has a turnable waist! Definitely a favorite now for that size and age.
When I was a kid, this guy blew my mind. He had more working joints than any of my TFs other than Hun-grrr, a better vehicle mode than any of the gestalt limbs or Minibots I had, and he was a hell of a lot of fun to play with. Many was the time he used a wicked sideways kick to knock Flamefeather or some other brickish small Decepticon out of battle.

Funny thing is, I had no idea what he was for the longest time. I got him second-hand from some cousins that had outgrown their robot toys, so I wasn't sure what line was from, except that he wasn't a TF. I had no idea he was actually a Gobot until Cliffy started ranting and raving about them last year.

Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 02:14 PM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Glad you like. Scratch is a genuinely fantastic mould, though it's perhaps a shame they didn't choose another colour scheme for him. I picked Scratch up in a job lot, expecting nothing... Was absolutely stunned by how good the figure was. He was sold for only a fraction more than Brawn - that's just criminal, isn't it?

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 04:26 PM   #23
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

I actually like the color scheme for him -- very plain and has a vehicle mode that would seem to blend in just about anywhere.

On a side note: For Tic Tac, what's that little, elliptically bent wire near his head for that can be moved up and down?

Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-08, 12:49 PM   #24
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

In his "Puzzler" mode (i.e. as the upper torso) it (just about) bends enough to clip it over the exhaust pipes, clamping the torso together... It feels like it's going to break, but (so far) mine hasn't...

Old 2007-06-10, 03:27 AM   #25
Civ

Pennsylvania

Well, I went to a toy show, today. Not as many Go-Bots as I liked but I did pick up a few interesting ones.
  • Vanguard -- neat, little transformation.
  • Some kind of yellow SUV with red sirens on top. Body of the bot underneath is blue with a cyclops-ish type face.
  • Tank - without his guns. Alt mode doesn't look quite right without them.
  • Some cheap, little red car with a black underbody that looks as though it belongs in a McDonald's Happy Meal.
  • Powersuit P4
  • Some wierd, gray, tank-like thing with a huge piece of metal in the underside that looks sorta like a fishing sinker. It has guns on the side and what looks like wheels on the front but not the bottom.

Got all that plus another Psycho, Fly Trap, and part of Blaster for 15 USD. But that wasn't the best deal, I got the Guardian Command Center with another Dive-Dive for 10 USD. The command center is missing only its face plate and the seller just wanted to be rid of the thing.

Sadly, no Tail Pipe but I gotta e-mail a guy who has like 50 Go-Bots (according to him). He doesn't even know who Tail Pipe is so if it is in there, hopefully, it will come on the cheap.

EDIT: Command Center's missing a few other pieces as well but for the price I got it at, I ain't gonna bitch.

Last edited by Civ; 2007-06-10 at 03:39 AM.
Old 2007-06-10, 12:38 PM   #26
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Nice haul! The fire engine and tank-thing don't sound like Gobots, but the other stuff's not bad. Good deal on the Command Centre - that and the Thruster are always best bought physically because shipping them costs a bomb...

Van Guard's pretty nifty, isn't he? Avoided him for a while myself, and had a nice surprise when I got him. Love the way the back half of the van swings around.

Tank guns can be got here - http://uk.geocities.com/mangohero1978/gobotparts.html - the chap's in the UK, but shipping for them shouldn't be much. I think he charges 1 an accessory unless it's gone up recently - Mango's Cliffy recommended.

And the cheap red car is not from McDonalds!!! Erm, it's from Wendy's - sounds like Beemer - http://toyarchive.com/Gobots/Wendys.html

I'm chasin' down a Tailpipe myself at the moment

Recent arrivals for me:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120121067287
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=120121064193

Bit random and Power Ranger-esque, but worth it for the novelty - especially the big, poseable Fitor from the jet set.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2008-02-18 at 01:49 PM.
Old 2007-06-10, 01:46 PM   #27
Civ

Pennsylvania

Vanguard is indeed nifty. The swinging back half took me by surprise but it was such a nice, pleasant one at that.

Thanks for the lead on those Tank guns! And yeah, the little, red car is Beemer from the look of it.

The yellow SUV still has me curious, so lemme describe it a bit more. It transforms just like Windcharger or Gears and on its chest is an "RR III" where the first R is backwards like in the Toys R Us logo. On the front of the grill, it says "Toyota" right on it and the vehicle mode now that I'm taking a good look at it, looks identical to Trailbreaker's. I can't find a Bandai trademark or any trademark for that matter written on it anywhere.

Those two machine robo grabs look quite nifty, especially for the prices you grabbed them at. I'll definitely want to see pics of those two out of the box...assuming they are coming out of the box.

Last edited by Cliffjumper; 2008-02-18 at 01:49 PM.
Old 2007-06-10, 01:54 PM   #28
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Hell yeh... they're already out, probably do photos this afternoon

I'm very curious about this other thing... any chance of pictures?

Old 2007-06-10, 02:02 PM   #29
Aardvark

Wales? O___o
Talking

Whoever gets a Laser Gun first will instantly be the cooler Gobot-guy.

Not that there's such a thing as a cool Gobot-guy to begin with. -----> <-----

Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 02:04 PM   #30
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark
Whoever gets a Laser Gun first will instantly be the cooler Gobot-guy.
I'd love Gobotwave, but I've never even seen one list on t'Bay

Old 2007-06-10, 02:04 PM   #31
Civ

Pennsylvania

Took some quick snapshots of the mystery bot:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...m/IMG_0656.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...m/IMG_0657.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...m/IMG_0659.jpg

Old 2007-06-10, 02:09 PM   #32
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

Id' guess, while it's not listed here - http://www.toyarchive.com/Convertors/MiniBots.html - it's either a Convertor Bickmore doesn't know about, or it's one from whatever line they snaffled the Mini Bots (that space is probably very important in trademark terms!) from - nice find!

Old 2007-06-17, 09:03 PM   #33
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

*splutter*

AN OCEAN LINER? I MUST HAVE IT!!! It should be easy to find, even if they never made it past Japan I should be able to see one from the upstairs window...

Old 2007-06-17, 09:12 PM   #34
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Tripod block linking.

Interesting Generations-style book. Any scans out there? Not had much luck finding Japanese photo books over here...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 09:34 PM   #35
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
Tripod block linking.

Interesting Generations-style book. Any scans out there? Not had much luck finding Japanese photo books over here...
Oh yeh... you'd think I'd remember that from the year or so I had my site hosted there, wouldn't you?

No scans (well, besides the second-hand photos at Terry's site, and a couple of preview pages at a few sites - right down the bottom of http://www.toyarchive.com/STAForSale...ignGobots.html + http://www.books.com.tw/exep/prod/lo...tem=M020002658), but there's a copy on ebay for about 60... I'm mildly tempted (the DVD looks interesting), but Machine Robo went bat**** insane after Gobots ended... It's 112 pages, and I can't see more than about 40 of that covering stuff I'm actually interested in... i'd have to learn Japanese to really justify the purchase, and I can barely speak English...

Old 2007-06-19, 05:01 PM   #36
Prowl1984
Tick-Tock

What would Deadpool do?

i had a go-bot!!!! after seeing the top picture i realised i had the red car that makes up the chest, always wondered who he was and why he bent in such ways, didn't realise he was a gesalt, awsome.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005
Prowl1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 01:26 AM   #37
Civ

Pennsylvania
Thumbs up

Prowl, he is a very awesome gestalt as well.

But now, I have to blame Cliffy for something. It's all your fault, Cliffy! You sent me a link and I bought the item. Now, I caught a disease. It's called I-can't-put-this-little-guy-down syndrome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260126340128

Seriously, I've been playing with him for awhile now and Defendor is indeed a nifty toy. I have to agree that he would indeed fit very well into G1. Thanks, man!

EDIT: Are there other versions of Defendor? I keep seeing pics of this figure with a longer cannon, so I thought mine must have had his snapped off...I just reread that and winced. Anyway, when I looked at the barrel, it doesn't look broken but molded that way, so was there a short-barreled version of this figure as well?

Last edited by Civ; 2007-06-20 at 08:58 AM.
Old 2007-06-20, 09:04 AM   #38
Civ

Pennsylvania

Okay, this is just bulls***.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bandai-Transform...em140130457314

A Destroyer in a Bug Bite box? That's just low while calling it a Volkwagen. Add to it that there are no clear photos of the figure itself while saying it's "mint, never removed".

Old 2007-06-20, 12:43 PM   #39
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Thumbs up

That auction is indeed very funny.

And yeh, there are two different Defendors out there, with different turrets... there's the shiort-barrelled one you have (also has a removeable turret), and the long-barrel version - the turret doesn't come off, and you instead have to poke his head out via the hatches on the top of the turret (wich open on this version). IMO, the long-barrel version looks slightly better, but the head thing gets old quickly. superb toy either way, mind. One thing to watch that I've seen on a lot of examples since I wrote my review - the diecast "U" partaround the... erm... top of the shoulders is probably the best way to decide it. It can be quite frail on some versions, but not so on others

Old 2007-06-20, 04:32 PM   #40
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Irregardless of what's in it, the sheer twisted genius it takes to claim a box in that state is MIB probably deserves an award of some sort.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote