• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2007-09-02, 11:20 AM   #41
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

That Cosmos is stunning. Shame he'll likely never see the light of day. Man! Why'd we have to get teasers of stunning figures and then have them withdrawn?

As for the Classics, anyone know of any time scale for the next classics? Now that the movie's been and gone and the toys seem to be selling really well (in the UK at least) what's next? With a 2 year gap between the movie and the sequel it gives Hasbro time to play with. The animated show is coming but that still leaves room for other things. And with the Titaniums cancelled it seems even more likely Hasbro will move forward the next classics. Anyone know?

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 01:56 PM   #42
SimonMK
Dinobot

Montréal

The Titanium seris is still there, they are making a War Within Grimlock and it look pretty completed with full paint color on.

SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 03:30 PM   #43
trilobitepictures
Dinobot

In a house. With walls even. I'M NORMAL!

Quote:
Originally posted by SimonMK
The Titanium seris is still there, they are making a War Within Grimlock and it look pretty completed with full paint color on.
And then WWI Prowl and then it's done, as announced (I believe) at this year's BotCon.

"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

trilobitepictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 04:14 PM   #44
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
I would like a Classic Sunstorm, I like his color scheme. And a repaint of Bruticus and Superion like they did to Devastator. A Classic Galvatron would be nice or better yet a Classic Unicron where he look a lot like G1...
Sunstorm would be SWEET. I'm a huge fan of all the jets. I have Starscream and Ramjet, just need Skywarp from the Classics. Come on Hasbro! Make it happen!

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 04:46 PM   #45
SimonMK
Dinobot

Montréal

Quote:
Originally posted by ganon578
Sunstorm would be SWEET. I'm a huge fan of all the jets. I have Starscream and Ramjet, just need Skywarp from the Classics. Come on Hasbro! Make it happen!
Hopefully Sunstorm wouldn't be a Botcon exclusive. Hasbro already screwed us of Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust.

And a Predaking would great but I really doubt they make one.

SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 09:59 PM   #46
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally posted by SimonMK
Hopefully Sunstorm wouldn't be a Botcon exclusive. Hasbro already screwed us of Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust.

And a Predaking would great but I really doubt they make one.
Predaking would be sweet, but you're right, I don't think they'll do it. Yeah, I saw some pictures of Thundercracker, etc. Those would have been awesome if they had come to mass retail...

Old 2007-09-07, 06:20 PM   #47
*BARRAGE*
wait... he's still alive?

ahem... SHOCKWAVE!

and that cosmos looks awsome... i would throw down 15 bucks for that deluxe in a heartbeat... actually 30- one for package and one for play!

HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD

Last edited by Xstarscreamx; 2007-09-17 at 05:24 PM.
*BARRAGE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 11:40 PM   #48
TatsuChi

Be nice if we get some uk exclusives instead of all you guys in the states hogging them!!

*grumbles at the distinct lack of wal-marts in the uk*

Classics Series Bots To Get
please feel free to contact me if you can help with any of these

Voyager Optimus
Deluxe Optimus (in blister form)
BotCon Box Set - ( well i can dream =P )
TatsuChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 01:43 AM   #49
holygrail_4

I can't wait for this revised classics. Apparently they will come out under the Universe banner (when you think about it, they were never really labeled as "Classics" in terms of the packaging) but who cares if we get molds like Cosmos.

However I'm pretty sure that it will be another place-holder for the movie sequel. Bottom line is, the Classics line is just not marketable to kids.

I work at a school and after successfully finding a Ramjet and Cliffjumper to call my own, the first question I was asked by the kids was "What does he do?" Apparently the art of actually transforming and the odd firing missile just don't cut it any more.

All us "big kids" can buy all the Classics 2.0 we can get our hands on, but at the end of the day, the "real kids" are a much larger market and, for better or for worse, it is this market that will shape the future of the line.

Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.
holygrail_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 03:28 PM   #50
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally posted by holygrail_4
All us "big kids" can buy all the Classics 2.0 we can get our hands on, but at the end of the day, the "real kids" are a much larger market and, for better or for worse, it is this market that will shape the future of the line.
Yeah, it's sad, but that's just the way it'll go. If sales of Classics aren't good enough, it'll get dumped. What a sad, sad day that would be. I'm really enjoying the old ones coming back out, and it has given me the chance to pick up ones I never had as a kid.

Old 2007-09-19, 05:29 PM   #51
takara_destron

Wales, UK

Quote:
Originally posted by TatsuChi
Be nice if we get some uk exclusives instead of all you guys in the states hogging them!!

*grumbles at the distinct lack of wal-marts in the uk*

So true, but on a happier note, I saw a set of the legend class figures in my local tesco with a "Target Exclusive" sticker. Not very exciting but perhaps a sign of things to come.

And the Skywarp/Ultra Magnus classics set was availible in Woolworths when it was released so I guess Hasbro feel they've been giving us something...

Recent Aquistions: Movie Voyager Autobot Ratchet, BW Transmetal II Megatron
takara_destron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 03:57 AM   #52
*BARRAGE*

Quote:
Originally posted by ganon578
I'm really enjoying the old ones coming back out, and it has given me the chance to pick up ones I never had as a kid.
AMEN! that and replacing the figures lost to time and being a stupid kid that broke them all to hell... huzzah!

HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Old 2007-09-20, 08:59 PM   #53
TatsuChi

couple of questions did the optimus & megatron deluxe size come out individual package form in the states or just the pack of the two together??

also in a similar vain did anyone else find them both a bit flimsy and somewhat cheaper feeling than the rest of the line??

Voyager Optimus
Old 2007-09-20, 09:43 PM   #54
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
also in a similar vain did anyone else find them both a bit flimsy and somewhat cheaper feeling than the rest of the line??
Megatron was okay actually, but Prime was absolutely abysmal. Serious case of "Prime's torso resting on a pair of wheels", even worse than THS-02.

Tetsuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 10:47 PM   #55
TatsuChi

Quote:
Originally posted by Tetsuro
Megatron was okay actually, but Prime was absolutely abysmal. Serious case of "Prime's torso resting on a pair of wheels", even worse than THS-02.
i dont know which THS-02 is but i agree that megs wasnt too bad

i so hope they bring out that cosmo as well

also my skywarps bit of canopy that forms his chest for some reason comes off and theres no signs that it was ever glued in place anyone else found this??

(sorry if these questions arnt relevant to the thread)

Voyager Optimus

Last edited by TatsuChi; 2007-09-20 at 10:49 PM.
Old 2007-09-21, 12:05 AM   #56
trilobitepictures
Dinobot

In a house. With walls even. I'M NORMAL!

Quote:
ialso my skywarps bit of canopy that forms his chest for some reason comes off and theres no signs that it was ever glued in place anyone else found this??
Because it's not. Grab a screwdriver and take the nose piece apart. the canopy is solid piece screwed to the cockpit held in by the nosecone.

"It goes 'bing' when there's stuff."

trilobitepictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 03:00 AM   #57
Vincent
Dinobot

Quote:
Originally posted by holygrail_4
Well, I suppose it's that kind of demographic that gave us the automorph feature. Who knows? Maybe they'll cook up something else that's innovative.

I still want more accesories, and, in hindsight, some of the automorph features would've been nice if they had been accompanied with the classics transformation sound. Or maybe some sounds of cogs shifting and turning.

Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 02:32 AM   #58
*BARRAGE*

or perhaps an automorph feature not prone to break, like on Brawl...

@ Tatsuchi- the only deluxe Prime and Megs i have seen are in a two pack with a dvd... still thinking about that one... not sure

if anyone has any input on what i should get Jetfire or the prime megs two pack- i'd appreciate it (both greatly interest me, but not willing to shell out the money on both right now)

HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Old 2007-09-22, 04:47 AM   #59
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally posted by Xstarscreamx
if anyone has any input on what i should get Jetfire or the prime megs two pack- i'd appreciate it (both greatly interest me, but not willing to shell out the money on both right now)
Jetfire is one of the top five TFs in his size bracket ever, and he's easily the best figure out of the entire Classics range. And that's saying something, because the entire line was top-notch.

Two-pack Megatron is a good toy and a nice take on the character's G2 design. Prime, on the other hand...not so much. He's not as bad as some people make him out to be, but it's pretty obvious once you've held him in your hands that he's the worst figure in the line.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 08:47 AM   #60
holygrail_4

Jetfire without a doubt.

Warcry nailed it when he said that Classics Jetfire is among one of the best Voyagers ever. I own three cause he's just that good. I don't remember ever being so impressed by a new TF purchase.

Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.
holygrail_4 is offline   Reply With Quote