• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-06-10, 09:58 PM   #41
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Apriorion
So far, that is what we in fact *have* seen (Bonecrusher vs. Prime; Scorponok emerging from the sand). But I guess you mean to refer to the entire movie, not just choice snippets. Well, you should remind yourself that this music will probably not occur throughout the entire movie, as that would be stupid. It will more than likely come up during the final credits. So what's the basis for your complaint?

That said, I don't even understand what you mean by "slow" here. That percusion is pretty seriously intense. Do you want some high-distortion guitar power-chords? Come on.
From what I have read; some of us do. its robot on robot fighting, along with some human on robot fighting, I've heard stuff that goes over the top and beyond compared to the stuff on this album IMO. From what I remember about sci-fi movies altogether, they had a good mixture of both mellow and slow and fast paced music. Usually the theme songs put together for these sci fi movies also had very well done title tracks that actually went with the film, or t.v. show, etc. This title track by Mutemath.. I barf in its general direction because in my ears at least, and from others' views I have read, it isn't what should have been. Mutemath will follow the direction of "The Calling", "Creed", and other bands that drew forth inspiration from past artists because from trying to emulate their idols' type of music, they did not meet up to par, and thus will possibly remembered as the band that just couldn't live up to the expectation of the fanbase. I could be wrong of course, and I will admit it if this band lives on for ten more years...

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 10:34 PM   #42
Apriorion

The Formitron

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer007
This title track by Mutemath.. I barf in its general direction because in my ears at least, and from others' views I have read, it isn't what should have been.
An articulate critique; well-put.

Apriorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 05:13 AM   #43
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

See attached image for album cover

Attached Images
File Type: jpg transformers - the album cover.jpg (189.7 KB, 101 views)
StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 05:56 AM   #44
Skidmark
Make me unsee it!

In your base, stealing your flag

We need Powerman 5000 in mix.
When Worlds Collide

Last edited by Skidmark; 2007-06-11 at 07:52 PM.
Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 06:06 AM   #45
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Well, having just listened to the theme...... I'm suddenly wondering if I'd be better off not getting the soundtrack. I like Linkin Park and Disturbed, but they could have saved money by having Paul Oakenfold redo his mix for the Cybertron theme or maybe getting Moby.

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 07:33 PM   #46
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by Skidmark
We need Powerman 5000 in mix.
When Worlds Collide
I haven't heard that song in ages, let alone put to any TF line.. It could possibly work XP

Old 2007-07-08, 04:10 AM   #47
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX
Default Re: The REAL mute math theme

Quote:
Originally posted by Apriorion
brought to my attention by tfw2005: http://myspace.com/mutemath

Not bad at all. No cheezy rapping or roll-call. Pretty decent drumming.
I just picked up the soundtrack today. I missed this post earlier, so I was greatly relieved to find out that other version from earlier in this thread was not the real version.

That being said, the real one isn't all that great either, but the soundtrack on the whole, I actually liked. (except the Smashing Pumpkins song...when it first started, I liked it, and I thought it was the music from one of my favorite scenes in the movie, but as soon as he started singing, I skipped on to the next one)

But on the whole, not bad a soundtrack.

Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 07:05 PM   #48
Neotyrant
Big McLargeHuge

New Mexico

I'm sort of burned out on albums that are just preexisting material from other albums/artists for the most part. I say this knowing the original movie soundtrack was about the same fair, but it's still annoying because it's done almost exclusively now. Doesn't anyone hire artists to write original material for a movie anymore? I think this album maybe has 1 or 2 original tunes, but that's it.

Gripes aside, the album is nice and rocking. I LOVE Smashing Pumpkins and Disturbed so I'm happy they've got contributions on it. I'm not sure what the point is of putting songs on a soundtrack that weren't even featured in the movie, but I'm glad they did. I dig the snazzy TF theme revisit. An obvious nod to old-schoolers like me.

Bay's movies usually have strong scores, and being a score-junky, I'm way more excited about a possible score release at some point. I know they aren't too popular but here's hoping.

Neotyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 07:39 PM   #49
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

Ok, now that the movie is out and having seen it, most of the songs on the soundtrack album aren't actually used in the film aside from the end credits.

Ok, that's normal. But where are all the cheesy songs Bumblebee uses to help Sam woo the Mikaela? They're not on the soundtrack?

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 08:20 PM   #50
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Because Bumblebee's "ladykiller" sense is still stuck in the era of Leisure Suits and disco?

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 08:52 AM   #51
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

i was given the soundtrack by my parents as a gift, and i had to admit there were tracks that were good and well placed, but as noted: it was really disturbed and smashing pumpkins. i have eaten my past comments about those two songs, they're quite catchy after another listen or two. i kinda wish they did throw in the mix of BB getting sam and the girl together like that, it woulda made a interesting mix in a given amount of time of five minutes or so. or heck, more orchestral fight music that i coulda swore i heard, but there might be another soundtrack version righto?

Old 2007-07-10, 08:14 PM   #52
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

For UK - pre-order now from Amazon at 9.99.

They writted to me and told me...

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 08:48 PM   #53
Rodimus_Prime's girl
Rodimus's right hand girl

just got back to Cybertron from a long vacation

I just bought the soundtrack when I saw the movie. The soundtrack was good, but I was a little upset that the transformers theme wasn't in the movie though.

Rodimus_Prime's girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 07:42 PM   #54
primecub

Manchester UK
Default Orchestral Score of Soundtrack

Am trying to get my hands on the orchestral score as it is absolutley amazing of the film. I dont understand why they have bought out a CD soundtrack that have 4 soungs that are actually not in the film.. also a redo of the theme has been done by a better band... a bit dissappointing... but the film fantasitc and the score WOW!! any ideas where I can get it from?

primecub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 07:59 PM   #55
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

Score's not out yet.

No plans to release it yet either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfo...ablonsky_Score

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 09:45 PM   #56
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Quote:
Originally posted by Brendocon
Score's not out yet.

That sucks. The score is tremendous and I'd buy it in preference to a lot of songs I wouldn't really want. I tried to get the score for the first Bionicle movie, but that was no-go either. Shame - it was brilliant.

The tone-deaf are in charge.

Old 2007-07-25, 09:47 PM   #57
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Pardon?

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 10:04 PM   #58
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Granted.

Old 2007-07-25, 10:16 PM   #59
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Default Re: Orchestral Score of Soundtrack

Quote:
Originally posted by primecub
Am trying to get my hands on the orchestral score as it is absolutley amazing of the film. I dont understand why they have bought out a CD soundtrack that have 4 soungs that are actually not in the film.. also a redo of the theme has been done by a better band... a bit dissappointing... but the film fantasitc and the score WOW!! any ideas where I can get it from?
i was given the soundtrack by my oh so loving family, i will admit now that i have listened to it, i only liked three songs on the whole thing. i let my friends listen to the theme and they were horrified by it also. i was so dissappointed, i made my own music soundtrack for the movie using my own resources. does anyone think megs needed his own theme song? and they could have picked a better love song for sam and michaela?

Old 2007-07-25, 11:57 PM   #60
Neotyrant
Big McLargeHuge

New Mexico

Quote:
Originally posted by Brendocon
Score's not out yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfo...ablonsky_Score
Thank you, Wikipedia, for not giving us a link to the petition.

I predict the score will be released eventually, but as is indicative of our musical interests over here in the States, it'll probably be an import.

Neotyrant is offline   Reply With Quote