• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-06-26, 01:59 AM   #101
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

They don't really look so bad..jsut different. I'm just wondering how they will translate to action figures. I don't mind the art style so much as long as the story is good.

On a side note, my wife whom is not much of a TF fan, says it looks better than the last one (Cybertron). I almost just have to agree when I sit and think about it.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 02:07 AM   #102
jhlucas

Mississippi, USA

Ehh...the designs are too overblown and disproportioned for my tastes. I would like them much more if they were drawn with better perspective *cough* Prime's right leg *cough*.

However, I will say that it's nice to see a streamlined aesthetic after the busy movie designs. Ah well, can't always have my cake and eat it too.

EDIT: I still say Prime's wearing gloves

Last edited by jhlucas; 2007-06-26 at 02:09 AM.
jhlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 02:13 AM   #103
jhlucas

Mississippi, USA

Bulkhead's face reminds me of Trapjaw from He-Man.

jhlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 01:56 PM   #104
Aardvark

Wales? O___o
Smile

Found this article (Probably nothing new):
http://www.dailyindia.com/show/15245...d-Transformers
Quote:
The animation will have the superhero Autobots fighting the evil humans frequently as compared to the traditional 'Transformers'.

According to Bob Higgins, senior VP programming and development at Cartoon Network, the new series will be different and will be like a superhero saga.

"We've used the basic Transformers and characters as a springboard, but then we're pretty much reimagining the whole thing," Hollywood Reporter quoted Higgins, as saying.

"What we're doing with it is basically turning it into a superheroes story. We're really excited that we're able to take this decades-old property and hopefully turn it into something that kids haven't seen or expected from a Transformers series before," Higgins added.
Not really my sort of thing, TBH -- most of the designs are neat, though. Still, if IDW ever decide/is forced/allowed to give it its own comic, I'd love to see Roche's take on the designs -- really suits his style.

Last edited by Aardvark; 2007-06-26 at 02:10 PM.
Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 03:00 PM   #105
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Yeah, I read that. That's about the only thing I'm a bit about. Doesn't seem like a fair fight.

Villain: Mwahaha! I will rule the world!
*gets stepped on by Prime*

What disturbs me the most is how close my joke about some chump, dressed up as Prime, battling crime, was, to the actual plot of the show. About the only difference is that it's actually Prime, and not just some guy, dressed up like him. This does not bode well . . .

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 03:17 PM   #106
miked23
Powermaster

Burlington, Ontario Canada

Wow the creator of this series should be shot.... That dosen't look like transformers at all. This looks more like some stupid show like teen titans or something I dunno but this definatly is not Transformers . The have a picture on IGN of this only include the other Autobots in the series.The all look like crap. God I think I'm gonna be sick.

miked23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 03:20 PM   #107
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally posted by miked23
like some stupid show like teen titans
You mean that really popular junior Justice League thing? I think Hasbro would be happy if it got the same scale of audience for a show...

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 03:28 PM   #108
miked23
Powermaster

Burlington, Ontario Canada

Yeah your right.. Teen titans was a bad example. But I really don't think this style of animation suits Transformers.
Right now I still think it looks like complete Crap. But for all I know this could be really good like that Starwars clonewars show.

I 'll have to judge it again after I see the show.

miked23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 04:14 PM   #109
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Now there's a novel idea... I'd never thought of watching a show before lambasting it, a couple of promo images usually tell me exactly what i want to know about the whole thing...

Quote:
Originally posted by RID Scourge
Villain: Mwahaha! I will rule the world!
*gets stepped on by Prime*
Erm, they're not necessarily going to be fighting human supervillains... I suspect we're going to get a similar thing to the first few issues of the Armada comic (before Furman ****ed it up)/Gobots - the Autobots are 'superheroes' on Cybertron, protecting rank-and-file Cybertronian Transformers from the Decepticon 'supervillains'.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 04:14 PM   #110
RUNAMOK
Gestalt

Kolding, Denmark

Does that mean that there will be no decepticons/evil cybertronians?

I am not sure what to say about this turn of events, but it is starting to feel much more childish. Transformers have never been the most mature thing, but it is almost becoming harder and harder to take them halfway serious.

RUNAMOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 04:47 PM   #111
RID Scourge
Lurking

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Erm, they're not necessarily going to be fighting human supervillains...
Nope. The quote in Aardvark's post says they'll be fighting humans:

Quote:
The animation will have the superhero Autobots fighting the evil humans frequently as compared to the traditional 'Transformers'.
Also, on Cobra Island, there was a quote that was, unfortunately, uncited.

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter reports that Cartoon Network Studios and Hasbro Inc. are co-producing a new animated "Transformers" series set to premiere in January that they're hoping will build on the momentum created by the highly anticipated "Transformers" movie opening July 3 and the film's DVD release in the fall. [. . .]

Cartoon and Hasbro execs said the new series, "Transformers Animated," will be significantly different than the others, adding humor, never-before-seen characters and a new premise in which the Autobots fight evil humans in Superhero fashion much more frequently than they battle the Decepticons -- the traditional "Transformers" lore since the property launched as a toy in 1984.

"We've used the basic Transformers and characters as a springboard, but then we're pretty much reimagining the whole thing," said Bob Higgins, senior vp programming and development at Cartoon Network. "What we're doing with it is basically turning it into a superheroes story. We're really excited that we're able to take this decades-old property and hopefully turn it into something that kids haven't seen or expected from a Transformers series before."

[snip]
I dunno. From all indicators, this is going to be more of a cape story. I don't have CN, so I can't watch it, making my opinion pretty moot. I'd just rather see warring factions, rather than transformers vs humans. There's just too much about it that could go horribly wrong. Pretty much, it sounds like autobots, brutalizing squishies. Grimlock would be a shoe-in for this series.

Is every villain going to either have super strength, a supersuit or robot minions? They wouldn't stand a chance otherwise. I'm getting a very "Prime Target" vibe, from this, and I can only hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: All in all, unless they have some good writing on this thing, it's going to be really silly, at best. About the only way I can see it working is if there are buttloads of metahumans, which would make it a clone of other cape shows, and I'm kinda hoping they do something that would set it apart from the competition.

Last edited by RID Scourge; 2007-06-26 at 04:52 PM.
Old 2007-06-26, 04:57 PM   #112
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown via Aardvark and RID Scourge
turn it into something that kids haven't seen or expected from a Transformers series before.
That's not hard. If they're kids, they probably haven't seen or expected much of anything from a Transformers series before. Re-inventing a decades old franchise for people less than a decade old...

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 05:30 PM   #113
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

It's the American 'Megaman' with 'crap' kiddie art. I actually called that ages ago, though I'm surprised at how apt the comparison was.

Face it, guys, this is geared exclusively to the Pre-K to K crowd. There just isn't going to be much for older fans - or 'too old' fans - to appreciate in the series itself.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 05:42 PM   #114
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Originally posted by TFVanguard

Face it, guys, this is geared exclusively to the Pre-K to K crowd. There just isn't going to be much for older fans - or 'too old' fans - to appreciate in the series itself.
And because it's not geared to older fans, older fans can't like it, and have to "face it"? I don't remember anyone (here, and I don't give a ****, like everyone else here, what they're saying at the Allspark) saying that this looks like the ultimate TF cartoon, just that it looked fun...

Old 2007-06-26, 05:45 PM   #115
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

RID was extremely kidified but I rather enjoyed that for the silly fun it was. It also had some damn good toys as well.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 05:53 PM   #116
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Quote:
Originally posted by TFVanguard
Face it, guys, this is geared exclusively to the Pre-K to K crowd.
Except many shows with this type of styling have large cultish fan followings.

As far as writing goes, it would struggle to be worse than early Armada.

There's no reason a TF cartoon would be aimed at anyone older then eleven. None of the others have been, nor were the old comics. A few things out of that roster achieved minority adult audiences, but certainly weren't geared to them.

Old 2007-06-26, 06:31 PM   #117
RID Scourge
Lurking

Quote:
Originally posted by Denyer
As far as writing goes, it would struggle to be worse than early Armada.
Aye. I could probably poop a better script than those first 9-10 eps.

Old 2007-06-26, 06:58 PM   #118
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Quote:
Except many shows with this type of styling have large cultish fan followings.
Hell, one of the funnest fan sites I've seen of recent years is the one on the Playskool Gobots... Once you're talking about being a fan of a toyline, the individual demographics are just splitting hairs, shirley?

Old 2007-06-26, 07:01 PM   #119
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Thinking more particularly about how huge the DC shows are.

Old 2007-06-26, 07:06 PM   #120
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Red face

Quote:
Thinking more particularly about how huge the DC shows are.
Erm, yeh, me too.

>_>

<_<

0_o

I am in a needlessly good mood.