• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-08-10, 06:12 PM   #21
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally posted by onslaughtforever
I would pay $40 dollars for a good quality toy that reflects the movie.

I would even pay $200 for the Master Piece Prime and the whole lot. (if I can even find them).

I guess to each there own, but for example. Why did they change the color of Starscream for the Masterpiece addition the 1st time around? Were the designers color blind? Why not keep things as accurate to the cartoon as possible? I would if I were the toy maker. Makes sense to me.
There are so many Masterpiece Primes at the local TRU here that I feel they may come alive and take over Fort Smith.... I wish I had extra money and buy and send you one (no sarcasm).

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 06:19 PM   #22
onslaughtforever

Parts unknown.

"There are so many Masterpiece Primes at the local TRU here that I feel they may come alive and take over Fort Smith.... I wish I had extra money and buy and send you one (no sarcasm)."

What is the TRU? and where is it?

onslaughtforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 06:38 PM   #23
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore
You want to pay $40 for a Deluxe?
Certainly not, but Movie Prime, Movie Prime with battle damage, and Movie Prime (with the same colors, but without the flame pattern, so it looks more like "G1" prime), all being released in the same 1-2 year time frame, seems like a bit much to me.

Why not Ultra Magnus (or the voyager in Night Watch Prime colors) or Nemesis Prime? Certainly, the Black=NP/White=UM formula would be preferable to three different red/blue primes.

I'm probably going to get Voyager Prime, if they release the two pack with '08 BB, since I need that BB, and the mold does intrigue me, but about the only thing I can see this doing is saturating the market, as an anti-scalping measure.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 06:46 PM   #24
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
"There are so many Masterpiece Primes at the local TRU here that I feel they may come alive and take over Fort Smith.... I wish I had extra money and buy and send you one (no sarcasm)."

What is the TRU? and where is it?
It's the Toys R' Us in Fort Smith, Arkansas where I live. The last time I was there, I saw the somewhat newer version, with the blue gun and cleaned up features, about maybe 6-10 in stock. 89.99 a piece (can understand why no one has picked them up). I imagine they might be able to send them out to other stores if a person was willing to pay for one.

Old 2007-08-10, 07:38 PM   #25
SenahBirdR
Headmaster

Underneath a rainy tree, Oregon

Check the TRU website about weekly. Periodically they try to flush the Masterpiece Primes out. Earlier this summer right before the movie when they had their 75% off all overstock sale MP Prime was going for about $20 US. Sometimes Walmart tries to flush out their overstock as well. Check the clearance sales at your local Walmart. I have seen them as low as $30 for a damaged box and $40 for a slightly worn box at Walmart. Of course I am talking about the US version of MP Prime. Seems like he is always in a huge stock everywhere. If you want the Japanese version, especially the Complete Prime with Trailer expect to pay in first borns and only through web sites or ebay.

I see your point on the redecos being less than inspired for the Voyager Movie Primes at least. Perhaps email their customer service and explain the only slight differences kills interest. Hasbro is actually one of the few huge companies that really listens to their customers. At least large mobs of their customers. Just not always in the way we would expect though.

Also yes, Universe is a dead line wouldn't you think? Heck, this year we have only gotten Classics and Legends figures for the line. Which some would consider a separate line rather than a subcategory of Classics. Last year was not a huge selection either. Most of it being yet again, Classics and Legends. Pretty much Universe has been replaced with Classics which will be called Universe in the future. Go figure. Universe Cybertron of course is being replaced with the new animated series line.

SenahBirdR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 05:18 AM   #26
onslaughtforever

Parts unknown.

Sweet! I will check out TRU and Wal-Mart. If I can get a MP Prime for cheap, then I will get one. Is this the really tall MP prime?

Old 2007-08-11, 05:21 AM   #27
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Sweet! I will check out TRU and Wal-Mart. If I can get a MP Prime for cheap, then I will get one. Is this the really tall MP prime?
yup. with collector's base included with voice clips .

Old 2007-08-11, 05:46 AM   #28
onslaughtforever

Parts unknown.

Sweet! Thanks Springer007!!

Old 2007-08-11, 05:48 AM   #29
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Sweet! Thanks Springer007!!
np. the only complaint i have heard from fans locally on this toy was the gun of prime's is blue. but i am sure u might take it apart and give it a black satin or gloss finish . and i am glad to be of help too. also, check your local Hastings store too! They have em sometimes too (which quite surprised me too sincethey had more movie toys than wal-mart, k-mart, TRU).

Old 2007-09-11, 10:15 AM   #30
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

New pics:
http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...0damage%20ver/

Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote