• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > General Discussion

Old 2007-09-01, 08:29 PM   #41
StoneCold Skywarp
Best Served Chilled

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by angloconvoy
Loads of the guys here are way more girly than the wimmins.
And the real reason anglo headed to the far east becomes clear.
How are the operations coming along?

Twitter - @stncldskywarp PS4 - StoneColdSkywarp
StoneCold Skywarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 02:18 AM   #42
*BARRAGE*
wait... he's still alive?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
I'd suggest you spend less time looking for help on the internet. All women are different and I doubt the ones on here know why the women in your area who you deem "good" don't want you.
...harsh... i simply put this up for a more esoteric gathering of information, a world view differing from my own and that of my friends...
and the good in quotes sounds a little... caustic? yeah, thats how i'll put it...

my goal is quality, not quantity... i have specific things i look for, but am open (except on the drug use thing- that is a deal breaker, with no exceptions)

i had a couple of date type get togethers, but neither of us felt anything past friendship... which is one of the cooler things about the girls i meet- no wierdness and we can still hang out...

dalek... you are possibly my favorite poster here... funny as hell man!

and to you stonecold S.- that sig image rocks...

HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
*BARRAGE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 03:24 AM   #43
angloconvoy
Big Metal Person

Ichihara, Japan

Quote:
Originally posted by StoneCold Skywarp
And the real reason anglo headed to the far east becomes clear.
How are the operations coming along?
I did mean the guys at the archive, but yeah, good point.

The operations are just dandy, got my fake boobies all picked out.

Quote:
Originally posted by T&A
if you're another like-minded teacher type
You mean a racist attention-whore with a questionable taste in music? cos, yeah, that's actually a fairly accurate description of me.

No idea about the fantomas thing, was the only post-FNM stuff I've really been into was Tomahawk.

angloconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 03:43 AM   #44
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Quote:
Originally posted by Xstarscreamx
...harsh... i simply put this up for a more esoteric gathering of information, a world view differing from my own and that of my friends...
and the good in quotes sounds a little... caustic? yeah, thats how i'll put it...
So to get info about women you go to a Transformers message board? While there are women who post here, there are barely any in comparison. Infact I can count on my digits, the number of girls I know have posted here regularly. I only need one hand to count the ones that weren't crazy, or under 16.

From my perspective it looks more like a pity-grab aimed at women, hoping for some sort of "I'm sure you're great! It's not them it's you!" (which I can almost guarantee you wouldn't get from the cooler female posters).

The fact is the internet in general is a bad place to get this type of info but a transformers message board? Atleast find a board that is local to where you live to ask this question. The reason the internet is such a bad idea is A. None of us really know you and B. None of these women know the women you really go after.

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Sociopathic Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 06:02 AM   #45
Titus Andronicus
Drunkard philosopher

Australia
Unhappy "Questionable taste in music"? Ouch...

Quote:
Originally posted by angloconvoy
You mean a racist attention-whore with a questionable taste in music? cos, yeah, that's actually a fairly accurate description of me.
Really? 'Cos it comes across as more like a gross oversimplification...

Come see the Titus Files

Their defences are broken, let the slaughter begin!

Last edited by Titus Andronicus; 2007-09-02 at 06:04 AM.
Titus Andronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 08:34 AM   #46
angloconvoy
Big Metal Person

Ichihara, Japan

That was kind of the point... since I was also using it to describe myself .

Anyhoo, are you a fan of Tomahawk at all? or just Fantomas?

angloconvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 12:00 PM   #47
Titus Andronicus
Drunkard philosopher

Australia

Fair 'nuff. I prefer 'scruffy hippie', that way people give you drugs at parties...

I haven't actually heard any Tomahawk as yet, which given I'm a fan of anything Patton I probably should get around to...so much music, so little time.
So far Mr. Bungle's the favourite band, but as far as particular albums go Fantomas Director's Cut never quite seems to leave my CD player for very long. Peeping Tom's a bit of a mixed bag, which I guess makes sense given the nature of the beast.
I'm also quite enjoying Secret Chiefs 3 First Grand Constitution at the moment, but it's a new acquisition so I don't know how long the affair will last.

@XStarscreamX - At risk of stereotyping, doesn't ruling out drug users kinda narrow down your options amongst the metal-head crowd? Like, not just a little bit, but by a whole lot?

Come see the Titus Files

Old 2007-09-03, 01:37 AM   #48
Chromia
Loving my Doctor Who

Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
Infact I can count on my digits, the number of girls I know have posted here regularly. I only need one hand to count the ones that weren't crazy, or under 16.
*chuckles*

Well, I certainly hope I count as at least one of those.

Chromia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 03:49 AM   #49
*BARRAGE*

Quote:
Originally posted by Titus Andronicus
@XStarscreamX - At risk of stereotyping, doesn't ruling out drug users kinda narrow down your options amongst the metal-head crowd? Like, not just a little bit, but by a whole lot?
it's not a stereotype when its true... and yeah, that limits options, but i have dated more girls into music nothing like my own tastes (my ex-gf of a year and two months- her fave band was Gomez, like i said- i'm open minded)

i am actually from a growing corner of the straight edge crowd- called 2X (XX) i have made a commitment to stop drinking- i have never done narcotics, and have stopped smoking... but i still try for women...

and to Sociopathic A.- i get where you are coming from... but this is still a source of information... if you did know me, you'd know i seek to learn from all things, i have been pondering this question for a while and have discussed it with my friends (of a heavy female population) and have had many good revelations- i used to be a total dateless wonder- so in the spirit of learning, i posted this (okay, should have been more vague with replies- not just asking for women... point well taken)

"...there is nothing in this world that cannot teach- only the weak of thought seek only one book- all things are related..."
Confucian philosophy

HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD

Last edited by Xstarscreamx; 2007-09-03 at 03:53 AM.
Old 2007-09-03, 08:38 PM   #50
Vin Ghostal
Gave you a concussion

Making his summer residence in Alexandria, VA
Talking Re: women of tf archive- your input please

Quote:
my question is why the HELL are all the good girls taken! and why is it that a guy with a good head on his shoulders, a good wit and average looks has such a b*tch of a time finding a girl... i have dating horror stories abound, and await input from the ladies...
I took them. Well, I've taken 10 of them, and the last one I took permanently. She's in one of the top 5 law schools in the country, she measures 36-26-36, and she scored a 146 IQ...when she was in 2nd grade. These incredible women are out there and waiting...you just must suck.

Last edited by Vin Ghostal; 2007-09-03 at 08:42 PM.
Vin Ghostal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 08:49 PM   #51
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face Re: Re: women of tf archive- your input please

Quote:
Originally posted by Vin Ghostal
She's in one of the top 5 law schools in the country, she measures 36-26-36, and she scored a 146 IQ...when she was in 2nd grade.
That's one hell of a beard you've got there, man.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 02:33 AM   #52
*BARRAGE*

someone pm Maju Garzett... we have another moment of Brendocon owning ghostal...

HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Old 2007-09-04, 02:40 AM   #53
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck
Default Re: Re: women of tf archive- your input please

Quote:
Originally posted by Vin Ghostal
you just must suck.
WINRAR!

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Sociopathic Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 02:52 AM   #54
*BARRAGE*

in the interest of remaining polite... you are just not that pleasant are you? i have attempted politeness, and yet i seem to receive only flack from you... i have even conceded that some of your points are valid...

i don't get it...

HE JUST WON'T STAY DEAD
Old 2007-09-04, 04:19 AM   #55
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix

Newfoundland, Canada.

I know it's been said before but the first mistake is looking for advice/whining on the internet about it.

seriously if I had trouble sleeping with chicks and not calling them/acquiring my soulmate, looking for enlightenment on a transformers fansite would be the last place to look. say it in your head a few times: relationship advice....transformers fan site.

I'm not saying that the dezinens of the fandom aren't the greatest lovers of all time or that they aren't masters of the social game, but just strikes me as odd that these kind of topics pop up on pop-culture/fandom type sites.

the answers you seek are out there in real life my friend.

. "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 05:38 AM   #56
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

He wouldn't be the first to solicite relationship advice on this board.

Xstarscreamx, my advice to you is to pay the least amount of attention to anyone you think may be attacking you and to do your best to not provoke them.

That way I'll have no problem figuring out who it is I'm going to ban.

Hope that clears things up...

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 07:24 AM   #57
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

Quote:
someone pm Maju Garzett... we have another moment of Brendocon owning ghostal...
I really don't need a cheerleading section. Especially not for something so simple.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 10:11 AM   #58
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Hound
That way I'll have no problem figuring out who it is I'm going to ban.
Far be it from me to make your job difficult...

Quote:
out of curiousity, what the hell have you brought to the table, Cliffjumper?
What I bought to the table is some advice that would probably have helped you an awful lot. What you decided to do was martyr yourself on the altar of ridiculous oversensitivity, shortly after flaming someone you admit you barely know (for the olders watching, strikes me flaming Ghostal is a "baiting Myles' mum" thing). When Ghostal lets the flame slide (because he doesn't know you and/or just can't be bothered with you) you poke again, this time going on to putting people in boxes nad admitting you're looking to cause, heh heh, "brutality" over a long-established running thing you can't get your head around.

On your posted behaviour, I could shove you into a little box marked Nerd Who Knows Nothing About Chicks based on what I've bothered reading of your posts, the same way you branded Ghostal a "jock" simply because he isn't whining "Why are all the good women taken? "...

In short, stop being an over-sensitive little prick.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 11:23 AM   #59
Titus Andronicus
Drunkard philosopher

Australia

Not to distract from the delightful love-fest you guys've got going here, but I thought perhaps this article might be an interesting addition to the thread.

I hear Dalek knows a midget who might be interested, she even has a sister who was in the movies...

Come see the Titus Files

Old 2007-09-04, 04:50 PM   #60
Hound
Married to Sadie

Henshin!

Wait, someone gave people money to find out that woman are more particular than men about choosing a mate?

Hound is offline   Reply With Quote