Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Media & Fandom

Old 2007-09-24, 06:17 PM   #21
martyboy70
Chaos Bringer

Glasgow,Scotland

Quote:
Originally posted by Rurudyne
Hmmmmm ... ok, here's my take:

Optimus is facing off with Megs and has the upper hand.

Megs hits on begging for mercy as a ploy that clearly amazes Prime even to the point of being stuipified.

Meanwhile, Hot Rod is nursing a dented face because he thought he should ask Arcee out now while Springer was distracted.

So out on the battlefield it's the big two one on one.

Megs' opportunity gained by begging works and he shoots Prime.

Megs gloats stupidly.

Prime performs what few humans realize is a killing strike against an older Cybertronian, aimed to damage Megs' spark containment as much as possible. That's why he gets taken out and why Starscream was so sure his status was only temporary.

The rest of the movie is pretty much the same except for what happens to Hot Rod.

Since Arcee doesn't trust Hot Rod just then, and Springer is now wondering what happened, they pay closer attention to where he is and what he's doing. He doesn't get separated even though another Autobot does.

This other Autobot encounters a despondent Galvatron who's nonplussed that the Allspark couldn't even send a decent warrior his way for some entertainment. In disgust he flops down and waits for the end. The Autobot, who's been sheltered his whole life from the war, approaches Galvy and ask him why he doesn't do anything about Unicron.

"It won't open ... for ANYONE!" Galvy grumbles and holds out the Matrix to be examined, "It's absolutely useless."

The Autobot tugs at the matrix and we hear Prime's voice:

"Well, damn! Beggers can't be choosers! Arise, Wheelimus Prime!"
And then we end up with this abortion;

http://www.reprolabels.com/Misc/Misc/Mapwheelimus.jpg

Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
martyboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 06:48 PM   #22
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

One thing I was thinking... Was Unicron the TFs' darkest hour after all? I mean, their home planet was about to be munchified, but aside from that we had a good few TFs still running around in full possesion of their faculties. Sure, some of 'em would have got sucked in, but if a toaster like Kranix can escape, I'm sure Springer and Swoop could've done so.

But, despite it not being a particularly bright moment, I'd argue that the species was in more bother at the end of TRoOP - every Transformer bar Op and the populations of several planets under the thrall of the Hate Plague... This to me is an indicator that Optimus would be able to open the Matrix when needed.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 07:19 PM   #23
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I'd go with what Zisteau said and assume any Prime/Matrix xhoosen one can open the Matrix at any point they like, whether to talk to old Autobot leaders or make Unicron explode ect. (perhaps that's why magnus suddenly becomes a non-speaking extra after the Planet of Junk, when he didn't open it they all realised he wasn't the one). On the other hand TROOP does indeed fit the words of the prophecy much better- Though I suppose you could debate the "Rise through the ranks" part as War dawn seems to suggest he went straight from being a civillian to chief Megatron Twater...

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 12:48 AM   #24
Zisteau
smoldering red eyeballs

Italy until December
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I'd go with what Zisteau said
Always a good idea.

Zisteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 04:13 AM   #25
Titus Andronicus
Drunkard philosopher

Australia
Default Re: Re: Hey, I like orange...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sociopathic Autobot
Except for the fact that this thread has nothing to do with Wheelie and how great he is or how much he sucks. You've missed the entire point twice now.
Actually, I disagree: this thread does concern Wheelie, even if it's not entirely devoted to him. The 'entire point' of the thread is what would have happened if Hot Rod hadn't jumped in and played human shield. If that hadn't happened the Autobots would have probably stayed on Earth to start rebuilding Autobot City, which they still need to retake Cybertron. Megatron would probably have been shot (probably still shooting Prime himself with both dying after a more prolonged battle IMO, the toys still weren't selling much after all), left on Earth by Starscream, and then ripped to pieces by vengeful Autobots on Earth after Prime dies. Therefore Unicron would likely skip Cybertron (or just eat it while the Matrix was still on Earth) and go to Earth to seek out the Matrix (still probably given to Magnus). This means the Autobots wouldn't be chased into space by the reformatted Decepticons, which means they'd never crash on Quintessa or Junkion, which means both Wheelie and the Junkions would still be out there waiting for someone to come along to dance with. Unless Unicron stopped for lunch on the way to Earth, in which case both planets would likely be eaten anyway.

My point is that there were more characters in the movie who would have been affected by Hot Rod's sudden self-restraint than just the Autobots and Decepticons, characters no-one had thus far thought to mention. My stories neatly address that oversight.

Come see the Titus Files

Their defences are broken, let the slaughter begin!
Titus Andronicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 09:17 AM   #26
verytired
Vegan, and...

Leicester

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
One thing I was thinking... Was Unicron the TFs' darkest hour after all? I mean, their home planet was about to be munchified, but aside from that we had a good few TFs still running around in full possesion of their faculties. Sure, some of 'em would have got sucked in, but if a toaster like Kranix can escape, I'm sure Springer and Swoop could've done so.
One: don't dis Kranix. He's just about the coolest Transformer-in-one-panel-of-one-continuity there ever was.

Two: Where as TRoOP was pretty harsh, Unicron was a scale shifting maniac, up against a bunch of nitwits with very little in the way of strategy or feasible means of defence: they would have just kept fighting till they were all dead by the looks of them (Seeing as the Decepticons need to be told to run no matter what the threat, and the Autobts... Well, they were in one ship at the time weren't they? No, two, Percptor was hanging out with the Junkions along with Wheelie).
That's a point: Cybertron at this point is wholly populated by Decepticons, what with it's unfeasibly distant moons getting eaten a while a go: Would the Autobots not just be looking at the action from Earth thinking "Whole Planet gone, but so's all our enemies... Call it even?"

verytired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 06:56 PM   #27
Prime20007

I always wondered why they didn't kinda prepare for the the movie how come you never saw Unicron in season 2 kinda preparing for his attack on earth. I believe if Hot Rod never interfered Optimus would have won.

Prime20007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 07:41 PM   #28
Rurudyne
Unicron

North Texas

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime20007
I always wondered why they didn't kinda prepare for the the movie how come you never saw Unicron in season 2 kinda preparing for his attack on earth. I believe if Hot Rod never interfered Optimus would have won.
He summonses the spiritsss of cartoon continuity he doeses!

It burnses us! Burnssss, my precious!!!

Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Rurudyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 09:07 PM   #29
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime20007
how come you never saw Unicron in season 2 kinda preparing for his attack on earth
You've got to remember Season 2 happens a long time before the film... I mean, even if there's nothing that absolutely dates it to the "present day" (i.e. 1985ish), it would have taken a bit for the situation we have in Season 2 (no Moonbases, no Autobot City, and so on) to develop. Or are you saying it would have been better for Season 2 to contain more of a run-up to the film? I'd strongly agree with that (a running arc moving some of the pieces into place for the film would have been a good thing, IMO). The film actually started production around the end of Season 1 (or was it right at the start of Season 2, before all the new characters fed in?), which is why so few of the characters 'introduced' in Season 2 are in the film (most of the second year of Autobot cars, the later combining teams and so on).

Old 2007-10-23, 09:28 PM   #30
Damolisher
Dinobot

The craphole known as Paraparaumu, New Zealand.

I have to say there are some good theories, but I kinda have a problem with people brining up "Sparks" and an "Allspark" and things, since none of those exist in G1.

Damolisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 09:38 PM   #31
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Damolisher
I have to say there are some good theories, but I kinda have a problem with people brining up "Sparks" and an "Allspark" and things, since none of those exist in G1.
I dunno, it can sort-of work, depending on the context - the use in TMUK fanfic works, for example, because the stuff's written to that sort of level, and it could kinda wedge into the Marvel comic (where it's not such a stretch, what with the Creation Matrix gifting life, and sparks being a valid way of doign this). For the cartoon's more, erm, prosaic worldview, I'd find it more of a stretch (despite the direct link given by Starscream).

Old 2007-10-23, 11:32 PM   #32
Sociopathic Autobot
I'm ****ing Matt Damon

I'm ****ing Ben Affleck

Quote:
Originally posted by Damolisher
They exist in beast wars which sorta implies it is following the original cartoon. Retcon!

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Sociopathic Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 01:47 AM   #33
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You've got to remember Season 2 happens a long time before the film...
I'm suprised no one has ever done official canon stories in this time skip... oh right Alternators... And Kiss...

You know what? Maybe this era is best left unwritten.

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 02:30 AM   #34
Damolisher
Dinobot

The craphole known as Paraparaumu, New Zealand.

Hmmm, good point.

Damolisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 07:40 AM   #35
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

I often wondered why they never did the obvious in season 3 and made a few flashback/time travel stories showing Hot Rod and co first coming to Earth, the building of the City ect... They'd have been able to get Optimus in to sate those fans and get some more plugs in for the Hot Rod toy as well...

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 01:56 PM   #36
Rurudyne
Unicron

North Texas

Quote:
Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I often wondered why they never did the obvious in season 3 and made a few flashback/time travel stories showing Hot Rod and co first coming to Earth, the building of the City ect... They'd have been able to get Optimus in to sate those fans and get some more plugs in for the Hot Rod toy as well...
Yes, all true.

But by then the Fellowship of Cartoon Continuity had already traveled all the way to and from the Land of Accountants and though they'd thrown their ideas into Mount Doable? they received back inadequate means, whereby the Producers, gathered menacingly around the halls, must have opined "Win some funding, loose the rest, we've toys to move so for now it's best to retreat!"

Or something like that.

Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Rurudyne is offline   Reply With Quote