• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2008-02-25, 08:17 PM   #81
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Red face

I suspect, or at least am hopeful, that Devastation #6 receives the two extra pages of story like Megatron: Origin#4 did. Hey, it could help (even if Origin didn't utilize it...but hey, consider the source).Though I am not doubting that the issue will be exciting and blah, blah, blah, I just don't see how all the lose ends are going to be properly tied here. As already stated by Brend-o-shell in another thread, and going by the limited page space, you have to wonder how soon in the issue Galvy is going show up, given that it is on the cover.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 10:36 PM   #82
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...rtist-overlap/

Spotlight Wheelie script (w)rap.

Scherwinski's idea, perhaps unsurprisingly.

Laying seeds for 2009. Debut for three Decepticons who golly damn gosh better be the Firecons, but knowing my luck will be the Junior Headmasters (I can't think of another three-con subgroup who haven't show up in some capacity yet... but he could just mean "full" debuts and it'll be Quake, Spinister and Needlenose).

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 10:46 PM   #83
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

It would be nice if we get types of rhyme other than (or additional to) rhyming couplets.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 11:16 PM   #84
Halfshell

Red face

Sky-Byte already has the market cornered on haiku...

Old 2008-03-17, 11:51 PM   #85
AskShockwave
Headmaster

A last but one page shocker that'll floor us, hmm? Personally, I'd let him off with Ultra Magnus turning up non-sequiter towards the end simply to tell everyone that they can do it his way etc...

As for the trio, add my name to the firecon list, though it'd be nice to see Furman create a grouping of unusual, mixed decepticons.

AskShockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 11:56 PM   #86
Halfshell

Red face

I hope the last-but-one-page shocker involves Flash suddenly appearing out of nowhere to crash on the planet...

Old 2008-03-18, 12:52 AM   #87
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

I am choosing to believe that the Godzilla-shaped silhouette on the cover is Cindersaur.

Though, hey, this trio of Decepticons might, in fact, be Gaskunk, Darkscream and Slapper. That would be different.

Terome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 12:55 AM   #88
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Oh. It might be the Insecticons. I am refusing to believe this on the grounds that the Insecticons are boring. Except Bombshell. He's got a cool face.

Old 2008-03-18, 06:59 AM   #89
zigzagger

Smile

Yep, going to have to go with the Firecons as the trio co-starting in this one as well. But I would delight in being wrong in this case, I do love wild cards thrown in every so often. Though, Cindersaur and co. would be a really fun feature. Really it would. Plus, as already mentioned, the cover seems to indicate that's who it might be. Not too many members of a monster trio that would fit that silhouette. Maybe the Headmaster Juniors.

I'm actually looking forward to this one, and not simply out of morbid curiosity. There's potential for something really great here. Can't really explain it, but I just have a good feeling about this one. Could be wrong, it's just a hunch. Then again, it could all turn out to be cliched and a bad case of "ooo, look, it's the character you all remember...but now he's bad ass and angsty....gasp!"

Old 2008-03-18, 09:38 AM   #90
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

So was I the only one who assumed that the trio would just be three Decepticons rather that a previously established three bot team?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 09:51 AM   #91
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

I considered it but then, dude, Firecons.

Old 2008-03-18, 02:55 PM   #92
AskShockwave
Headmaster

Here's hoping cindersaur gets set on fire by...well, anything. If memory serves, that happened at least twice in the marvel stretch.

AskShockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 08:30 PM   #93
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Oh, and for what it's worth, Wheelies one solitary line to date wasn't in rhyme (with the proviso it could have been part of a longer 18 verse poem). It's nice to see that was actually set up and not just a cheap dig Wheelies unpopularity.

Old 2008-03-18, 08:44 PM   #94
Halfshell

Smile

I thought maybe Insecticons, but we already had Bombshell appear.

But then Furman referred to Spotlight Arcee as Fort Max's debut, when he'd had a cameo in Blaster.

But Firecons would really be in keeping with Wheelie. Ie "lesser" toys that get a lot of unfair hatred from the fandom. Not from me, though. I love the buggers. I had the toys. They were awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
Can't really explain it, but I just have a good feeling about this one.
Me too. I think it's the low expectations. Everybody was joking about how crap a Wheelie Spotlight would be, then they teased it... and announced it... now comes the notion that they're actually approaching it seriously. It's like "they wouldn't actually go through with this unless they found a way of it being interesting, would they?".

Old 2008-03-18, 09:01 PM   #95
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
But Firecons would really be in keeping with Wheelie. Ie "lesser" toys that get a lot of unfair hatred from the fandom. Not from me, though. I love the buggers. I had the toys. They were awesome.
How the hell can anyone hate the Firecons? Some sick freaks out there.

Quote:
Me too. I think it's the low expectations. Everybody was joking about how crap a Wheelie Spotlight would be, then they teased it... and announced it... now comes the notion that they're actually approaching it seriously. It's like "they wouldn't actually go through with this unless they found a way of it being interesting, would they?".
Well, ignoring the fact IDW have produced some comics done in decidedly uninteresting ways, I'm finding Furman's openess about getting dragged in kicking and screaming surprisingly reassuring for some reason.

Old 2008-03-26, 01:48 AM   #96
zigzagger

Default Titan TF UK #11 & 12 Script (W)rap

Furman's blog updated. Gives a script wrap for Titan TF UK #11 and 12. Due to arrive in the UK April 24th and May 22nd.
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/
Quote:
Falling a bit behind on my Script (W)raps, so here’s a potted digression on/tease for Transformers (UK) #11 & 12, the third and fourth parts respectively of (the 5-part) Twilight’s Last Gleaming. For those who either haven’t yet read issue #9 (shame on you), which is already out, or immersed themselves in previous TLG blog entries (double-shame on you), here’s the basic premise: post-live action movie, but an alternate take on the way things pan out. Instead of happy endings all round, the final victory belongs to the Decepticons. Earth (or a decent chunk of it anyway) is controlled by Megatron and the Decepticons and those Autobots still active are fighting a desperate rearguard action to prevent a planet-wide transformation into new Cybertron! In parts 3 & 4, Starscream does what Starscreams have been doing since time immemorial, making his own power play for control of the new empire. And if that means provoking a reaction from the Autobot reinforcements (including the likes of Arcee, Armorhide and Skyblast) on the moon, so be it. More familiar faces start to emerge as the story cranks up to fever pitch, including Frenzy (Mikaela’s got him), Bonecrusher (Ironhide and Ratchet have got him) and Tom Banacek (who’s kind of once removed from the main action). And Bumblebee? He’s got by the far the worst deal: one on one with Megatron. That’s gonna hurt! And you know what? Anything can happen from this point on! Now firmly in its own distinct movie continuity, things are gonna get a whole lot worse for the Autobots (and Earth) before they get any better. This… is just the beginning! Issues #11 & 12 hit (UK) stores 24th April and 22nd May respectively.

Old 2008-04-23, 05:09 AM   #97
zigzagger

Default TF UK #11, umm, "A-Go-Go"

Furman's updates his blog, with a bit more details for the upcoming TF UK #11, which is due to arrive in the UK the 24th.
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/
Quote:
Also out this week, but only in the UK, on Thursday 24th, is issue #11 of Titan’s Transformers comic/magazine, featuring (in amongst more comic strip, features and competitions) the third part of the apocalyptic Twilight’s Last Gleaming. If you remember, TLG takes an alternate look at post live-action movie events, exploring a near-future in the which Decepticons are the victors and Autobots are an endangered species. Starscream continues his machinations this episode, throwing a spanner in the Autobots’ carefully laid plans to further his own diabolical agenda. Forced into desperate action the moon-based Autobots head for Earth and their respective dates with destiny. And Bumblebee takes on Megatron (no prizes for guessing how that one turns out) and Mikaela takes on Frenzy (not as one-sided as you might think) and Ironhide and Ratchet come up against… well, that’d be telling!

Old 2008-04-23, 07:00 AM   #98
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Quote:
Mikaela takes on Frenzy (not as one-sided as you might think)
Well, considering she totally twated him one in the film I'll only be surprised if Frenzy wins.

Old 2008-05-07, 03:52 AM   #99
zigzagger

Smile TF UK #13 Script (W)rap

Furman's blog updated with Script (W)rap for TF UK #13.
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/05/
Quote:
Right, here we go with Transformers UK #13, the final part of Twilight’s Last Gleaming, our epic five-part movie-verse tale, which spins out from an alternate (less than happy) ending in which Megatron and the Decepticons, far from defeated, emerge triumphant and very much in the driving seat. Minor spoilers, major teases! So far, we’ve seen a spirited and determined, but realistically doomed fightback from the Autobots and humans, one which has been manipulated to an extent by Starscream, who has his own unique designs on planet Earth (that don’t involve Megatron!). But now, at last, the tide begins to turn, as the recently thawed Optimus Prime faces Megatron anew, for perhaps the last time! Big, crowd-pleasing battle action guaranteed! But that’s not the only major-league throwdown in progress. At the All Spark power distribution hub, Ironhide and Ratchet are up against their own ‘big bad,’ not to mention a whole battalion of Decepticon drones! It ain’t looking good… on either front. Things do come to a suitably fiery conclusion in the eleven (yes, eleven!) story pages, but this is NOT the end. The big news is, Transformers UK is staying firmly in its alternate movie-verse, and issue #14 will feature the first part of the portentously titled ‘Aftermath,’ which deals with the fallout (in some cases literally) from Twilight’s Last Gleaming. From there, the sky really is the limit, as we explode into far-flung realms of the movie-verse, bringing in a threat so monumental that ‘epic’ plainly doesn’t cover it, plus new characters, a return or two and some big, big changes for planet Earth. The fun’s just starting… don’t dare miss a single panel!

Old 2008-05-07, 05:58 AM   #100
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

A big new threat? So, Unicron then.