• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2008-05-31, 12:21 AM   #101
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile 'Aftermath' Script (W)rap

Furman updates his blog with script (w)rap for Titan TF UK #14 and #15.
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...ipt-wrap-uk-5/

Quote:
This time around it’s the turn of ‘Aftermath’ parts 1 & 2, the story that follows on directly from the epic ‘Twilight’s Last Gleaming’ arc. The fallout (literally!) from the Decepticon occupation of North America sets in motion multiple chains of events that will play out over the coming year, all of which will have massive repercussions for both humankind and the Autobots. As spoiler-free as possible, but beware, there are teases galore. If you simply don’t want to know, stop reading now!! Okay, even with the Autobots and their human allies having broken the Decepticon stranglehold on the planet, the Decepticon threat is far from over. And there’s something else for the Autobots deal with: the wider human backlash! As Optimus Prime puts it: “We brought this war here in the first place. Autobot, Decepticon — do you honestly believe the battered, bloodied inhabitants of Earth will make that distinction?”. And it’s not just Earth’s populace who are experiencing post-occupation traumas, the planet itself is not in good shape at all. Megatron’s best efforts (via the All Spark) to transform the planet into ‘new’ Cybertron may have been truncated but for planet Earth it may all be too little, too late! And if you’re even wondering if the Decepticons will take advantage of all this chaotic flux… then you must be a total newcomer to Transformers. Of course they do, but not perhaps as you might suspect. ‘Aftermath’ features in issues #14 and 15 of Titan’s Transformers comic/magazine, out in July/August 08 respectively. Don’t miss it. The TF-UK alternate movie universe is building and building!

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-16, 07:31 PM   #102
zigzagger

Smile Spotlight: Cyclonus

Furmlock up dates his blog with a few scant details for the upcoming Spotlight: Cyclonus, which hits stores June 18th.
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/2008/06/

Quote:
Out this week, part of a veritable torrent of new releases (talk about feast or famine!), is Transformers Spotlight: Cyclonus, part 1 of the 4-part Revelations arc. Those of you who’ve been following the brooding, bubbling under subplot concerning Nova/Nemesis Prime and the Dead Universe are about to be hit by the raging hurricane that is Revelation. But, as well as being part 1 of 4, it’s also a Spotlight, and the character focus falls, first and foremost, on Cyclonus. But who is IDW/TF-verse Cyclonus? Given the recent IDW reinvention of Galvatron (in Spotlight Galvatron) it can’t be the animated movie version (as there’s no Unicron). This Cyclonus is, nevertheless, associated to Galvatron, inasmuch as both are/were part of the crew of the (long missing) first Ark. But who is Cyclonus and why’s he back on Cybertron (now a ruined, largely uninhabited husk)? And why exactly is he taking out his considerable frustrations on Hound’s unit (comprising Sideswipe, himself the subject of a latter Spotlight in this quartet, Warpath, Road Rocket and Skram)? And how does Ultra Magnus get drawn into the action? And what’s that stirring inside a cave on Corata-Vaz? Something BIG, something terribly familiar (especially if you’ve been following the various IDW/TF arcs of late). The Expansion (whatever THAT is) is upon us, and the storm is well and truly raging! Spotlight Cyclonus hits this Wednesday (18th) in the US and Thursday (19th) in the UK. It’s written by me with art by EJ Su. Click on the thumbnail below for a look-see at EJ’s cover, part of one huge scene specially created for this landmark four-part arc. For information on all IDW’s new releases, check out their website here.
EDIT:Appears IDW settled on a title then? Revelation rather than Revelations or The Revelations Cycle. Not that it really matters, of course.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...achmentid=7656

Last edited by zigzagger; 2008-06-16 at 07:36 PM.
Old 2008-06-17, 11:16 AM   #103
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Smile

And an associated post for Spotlight Wheelie, too.
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...heels-on-fire/

Pretty much what he said last time he blogged about it.

Supposedly there'll be another new post on Wednesday, too.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 02:09 AM   #104
zigzagger

Smile Titan TF UK #13 A-Go-Go!

One blog entry after another this week, folks. Titan TF UK #13 A-Go-Go!
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/
Quote:
Also out this week, rounding off a glut of new TF releases I had a hand in (to some extent or other), is issue #13 of Titan’s Transformers (UK) magazine. Contained therein, is the final, tumultuous part of ‘Twilight’s Last Gleaming,’ our alternate take on what happened after the movie credits rolled. So big it needed an extra story page to tell (the originated page count per issue stays at 11 from now onwards), TWG5 sees not one but two epic showdowns: Prime versus Megatron (the rematch!) and Ratchet/Ironhide versus a whole platoon of Decepticon drones (under the command of Bonecrusher). The odds are heavily stacked against the Autobots in both head-to-heads. Unless, that is, Mikeala can come up trumps. What exactly was that she found deep within the old Sector 7 base? All is revealed. ‘Twilight’s Last Gleaming pt5′ is written by me with art by Marcelo Matere. And… there’s a whole lot more in TF-UK #13. For a start it’s bumper-sized, sports an all-new art cover by Gary Erskine, comes with a designated Transformers Animated pull-out section (with its own BIG news) and has a FREE disc launcher to boot! Not to be missed! TF-UK is out (in the UK only) on Thursday June 19th!

Old 2008-06-19, 06:55 AM   #105
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

The big news is that there's going to be a dedicated Animated comic (with original non Furman strip, though the art in the sample included in this comic flows really badly) running in tandem with the Movie comic. An extra page of original material and a spin off; rather than just doing a Animated comic in one of the three slots in the main title; suggests Titan are pleased with the results so far.

Actually, when was the last time someone other than Furman wrote a UK strip? Destiny of the Dinobots?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 05:53 PM   #106
Blitzwing
was here way before you.

British Columbia
Default Maximum Dynobots Script-Wrap

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...%e2%80%94-max/

Hopefully this will be better done than Spotlight: Grimlock

SPOILER! (select to read)
I'm looking forward to the idea that each issue might be considered a "Spotlight" for each Dynobot. It will be nice to see some character depth from them.

Blitzwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 06:20 PM   #107
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Nice script wrap. Lots of nice little teases. Maybe this will sell better than the "ations" just off the back of the name Dinobot's, after all there's a lot of people out there who would remember Grimlock and the Dinos and may be tempted to pick up the first issue. Fits with the whole shift in IDW's direction, away from the "ations" and towards something more easily accessible, such as AHM.

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 09:32 AM   #108
Halfshell

New Zealand? Well, that answers that I suppose.

Old 2008-06-27, 11:38 AM   #109
zigzagger

Smile

On the bright side, from what it sounds like anyway, for a story that is suppose to be a "good jumping on point", it does sound like it won't completely disregard what has preceded it. General impressions seem to suggest that won't be the case with AHM, but that's hard to say at the moment.

Last edited by zigzagger; 2008-06-27 at 11:40 AM.
Old 2008-06-27, 01:32 PM   #110
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagger View Post
On the bright side, from what it sounds like anyway, for a story that is suppose to be a "good jumping on point", it does sound like it won't completely disregard what has preceded it. General impressions seem to suggest that won't be the case with AHM, but that's hard to say at the moment.
Yeah AHM does sound like a "this is a story I wanted to tell regardless of everything that came before" sort of deal. Only a month till we find out how true that is.

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 12:41 PM   #111
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetear58 View Post
I want to make some friends in here.
Then what you need to do is stop posting in unrelated topics, and inserting images that just happen to point to the same website as a spammer we had the other day. You English seems to be passable in certain circumstances. A good place to discuss Transformers & talk to fans about broader issues such as favourite characters is the TF Media forum here (http://tfarchive.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3) - the news topics we like to stay focused on the issue at hand.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:39 PM   #112
Halfshell

Smile

http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...dhead-a-go-go/

Hardhead infooooooo.

Old 2008-07-15, 06:21 PM   #113
zigzagger

Thumbs up

Ooo, more Micromasters.

That's all I got. Looking forward to this. I've been craving something that has ...umm, a bit more content

Old 2008-07-15, 11:02 PM   #114
Patapsco
Sod. Off

I'm not a big fan of Nick's stuff but that four page interior preview linked looks like it could be the best of his stuff so far.

And an unhappy ending? NOOOOOOOO!

Last edited by Patapsco; 2008-07-16 at 12:20 PM.
Patapsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 12:15 AM   #115
zigzagger

Default Titan TF UK #14 A-Go-Go!

Furmlock updates his blog. Today on the menu is Titan TF UK #14. Out the 17th only in the UK.
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...uk-a-go-go-14/
Quote:
Out this Thursday, July 17th (in the UK only) is issue #14 of Titan’s turbo-charged Transformers comic/magazine. Not only does it kick off a second seismic year of TF-UK goodness, the original (alt. movie universe) storyline begun in the epic ‘Twilight’s Last Gleaming’ here kicks (full blown) into its own story cycle with part 1 of the 2-part ‘Aftermath.’ As you’d expect after the events in ‘Twilight’s Last Gleaming’ there’s fallout aplenty for the Autobots and the good people of Earth, recently reprieved from all-out Decepticon domination (for the time being!). In fact, it’s the good people of Earth who are causing the Autobots their biggest headaches right now. Hard pressed to see good (robot) from bad (robot), humankind is kicking back (with heavy armour) against the nearest available hard targets — Optimus Prime and the Autobots! And if you think Starscream isn’t going to do his level best to capitalize on all this bad feeling, you really haven’t grasped the whole Decepticon ‘rules of engagement’ thing. Plus, what exactly is up with planet Earth? The damage done by the All Spark is demonstrably more than skin deep and that’s going to mean big thumping headache number two and an eventual return to… oh, but that’d be telling! Other stuff in this packed issue includes Beast Wars: The Ascending, Megatron: Origin and the usual letters, competitions and a FREE robot blaster! What are you waiting for? Go bag a copy! Now!

Last edited by zigzagger; 2008-07-17 at 12:18 AM.
Old 2008-07-17, 09:19 AM   #116
Clogs
has retired, boo-yah!

Leicester, in the Heart of England

Read this issue and did the big sigh - oh, and here we have the humans gearing up to attack the big, good robots, the only thing standing between them and certain destruction by the big, bad robots. QED.

And look! It would appear that Bombshell is controlling the human leading the attack! Whoo-hoo - how novel...

I'll be fair: There is a whole new UK generation reading these stories and what is same ol' same ol' is novel to them.

Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 10:47 PM   #117
zigzagger

Smile TF UK #16 Script (W)rap

Furman has updated his blog with a Titan TF UK# 16 script wrap. Line art by Jeremy Tiongson also included.
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...e2%80%94-uk-2/

Quote:
It’s the turn (and not before time, as I’m three scripts on from this one already!) of the lead story in Transformers (UK) #16 for the post-script discourse. This one’s more of a standalone tale, though it plays in to what’s come before and the BIG story to come immediately after. It’s called ‘Dark Spark’ (I know, I know!) and it centers around the return of a character many might have thought gone for good (but as this is our ‘alternate’ movie-verse, we can pretty much do what we will!), and whose return is good news for absolutely no one. With ‘Aftermath’ done, we’re now moving on in a big way from the whole ‘Twilight’s Last Gleaming’ arc, and this more self-contained story was very much designed to bridge the gap between that and the next arc, one that will come to define this second batch of 13 UK issues. It’s also more character led than other recent issues, which I do like to do from time to time, to bring the focus back from the epic to a level that anyone, even a casual reader, can jump in on. If you’ve read issue #14 (’Aftermath pt1′), you’ll have some idea already where the ’spark’ of ‘Dark Spark’ comes from, but who gets it and what it does to them may surprise you. And it’s all connected to what’s happening (and trust me, it’s all bad) to Earth. The story sees the debut of one Decepticon and paves the way for that of four Autobots. And that’s all I’m gonna tell you, except that issue #16 hits UK stores on September 11th and the art is by Jeremy Tiongson.

Old 2008-08-07, 05:31 PM   #118
Halfshell

Smile

Script (W)Rap for Maximum Dinobots #2 is up:
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...cript-wrap-19/

Old 2008-08-07, 06:25 PM   #119
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK
Red face

So another very public battle in a densely populated area everyones going to forget by the time of AHM then?

I must have missed any previous announcement of when MD was starting, if issue 2 is December that means by the time it finishes AHM will be way past the half way mark before we know for sure if it all fits together well. Why do I have a lack of faith in that?

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 09:10 AM   #120
Patapsco
Sod. Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfshell View Post
Script (W)Rap for Maximum Dinobots #2 is up:
http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...cript-wrap-19/
oh he's a teasing barsteward that man! I'm really, really looking forward to this one

Patapsco is offline   Reply With Quote