• transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2007-11-12, 11:49 AM   #41
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
[B]Wheelie's poor, but he's pretty midtable on the Minibotometer, considering the competition from Brawn, Power-ga-lide, Warpath, etc.

/B]
What do you mean by Power-ga-lide? I thought it's name was Powerglide.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 02:22 PM   #42
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Treadshot A1
What do you mean by Power-ga-lide? I thought it's name was Powerglide.
Sorry, are you deliberately trying to come across as dense. or this this a genuine question? If it's the former, you're overdoing it. If it's the latter, the name of a Minibot is the least of your concerns and you should probably concentrate on remembering to breathe.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 03:26 PM   #43
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Powerglide rules.

And he salutes you...

Come on - the only Minibot who can salute, guys!

(Damn, that fever may just be talking...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 04:48 PM   #44
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by numbat
Come on - the only Minibot who can salute, guys!
Ah yes, but can he just stand there with his arms by his side without looking like a total freak?

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 05:52 PM   #45
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Ah yes, but can he just stand there with his arms by his side without looking like a total freak?
Which Minibot can?

:\

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 10:26 AM   #46
Treadshot A1

I'd have to say none

Old 2007-11-13, 10:29 AM   #47
Treadshot A1

Cliffy, i meant it as a question, and if it makes you think i'm dense, fine. i just thought that maybe hasbro used a different name for, say, a different country. Nothing offensive.

Old 2007-12-01, 10:26 PM   #48
Sunstreaker2
It's a Gundam!

Trumbauersville, PA

You know what's a really crappy TF? Cybertron Mini-Con Razorclaw. Mine's chest piece thing that folds down won't stay down.

No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Sunstreaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 06:05 AM   #49
StryderK
Headmaster

Have to be G1 "Good ol' Mr. Bucket Head" Megatron. Didn't buy because it just look piss poor with the "Bucket" over his head and the even sillier trigger crouch. Sigh, should have though because afterwards, Ol' Megs was hardly ever re-released due to that stupid gun control law!

SWMBO just discovered I preordered MP-20 Wheeljack, MP-21 Bumblebee and MP-22 Ultra Magnus perfect edition for almost $300 = My butt goes on the couch for another week...or two..........or.........three!!!!!
StryderK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 03:35 PM   #50
The Reverend
Double Targetmaster

Knoxville, TN

Quote:
Originally posted by numbat
Which Minibot can?
Beachcomber?

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 09:17 PM   #51
eleven59
Protoform

texas

worst ever? recently i would have said anything with the name cybertron, energon, or armada in the title.... but then along came the new animated series.. seriously they should have called the series Transformers: Evolution and had the autobots and decepticons going to high school together and learning how to control their powers...

but wait there is more!!! the worse part about animated??? we get screwed by not being able to have some new molds of G1 favs in the classics2.0/ universe line bc of that stupid rule (can anyone say no blitzwing??).... so now classics sufers bc of a crappy animated toy line...

eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 09:27 PM   #52
Terome
Indigent

Brighton

Quote:
but wait there is more!!! the worse part about animated??? we get screwed by not being able to have some new molds of G1 favs in the classics2.0/ universe line bc of that stupid rule (can anyone say no blitzwing??).... so now classics sufers bc of a crappy animated toy line...
Aren't you a cutie?

Terome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 08:02 PM   #53
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

No.

Cybertron toys were...well, actually most of the deluxes were pretty awful too. All the bigger ones were pretty good though (except for Mr. Stupid Legs aka. Wingsaber and Mr. Useless Articulation aka. Leobreaker), and Cyb. Prime is like the best Prime ever (Masterpiece excluded).

So, what exactly is the worst? Well, it has to be one that's much worse than what could be expected from the toy of it's era and size (ie. you can't accuse 1st gen TF toys or minibots of having crappy articulation). Hell, despite being a complete block, Grandus still gets <3 from me for having two royally awesome alt modes.

I can't think of any, actually. Maybe anything from Machine Wars.

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 12:35 AM   #54
signofzeta
Protoform

Armada scavenger. I mean, it is boxy, and can't stand, and looks ugly.

I have hatred for these other toys too, mostly from beast machines and beast wars.

Beast machines
Longhorn
Skydive

Beast Wars
TM2 optimus minor
TM scavenger? I don't know, at some point I like him, and at some point, I loathe that figure

signofzeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 03:38 AM   #55
Treadshot A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by signofzeta View Post
Armada scavenger. I mean, it is boxy, and can't stand, and looks ugly.
Scavenger is utter C***!

@eleven59: Some armada energon and cybertron toys were good. Armada minicons rock, energon scouts are good figures, and cybertron had . . . ah . . . reasonable scouts and LEGENDS SCREAMER!

(don't know if i should reply; no one's replied in months?)

Old 2008-03-03, 04:16 AM   #56
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

I love the G1 Megatron mold. I agree with the rest of Cliffy's list though.

Few others that I think deserve an honorable mention:

Armada/Energon Blurr (a modern day G1...joy)
Energon Megatron (damnable weak-kneed bastard with the gaudy wings and crown)
Cybertron Megatron (flimsy, rickety POS)
Energon Superion Maximus (individual figures are fine but the combined mode is a rickety piece of crap)
TM2 Cheetor (fugly and cheap looking)

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job!
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 07:37 AM   #57
Treadshot A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civ View Post
I love the G1 Megatron mold. I agree with the rest of Cliffy's list though.

Few others that I think deserve an honorable mention:

Armada/Energon Blurr (a modern day G1...joy)
Energon Megatron (damnable weak-kneed bastard with the gaudy wings and crown)
Cybertron Megatron (flimsy, rickety POS)
Energon Superion Maximus (individual figures are fine but the combined mode is a rickety piece of crap)
TM2 Cheetor (fugly and cheap looking)
Ther is nothing wrong with Blurr, CYB Megs or Superion. You might as well list all the energon combiners

Old 2008-03-03, 10:22 AM   #58
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadshot A1 View Post
Ther is nothing wrong with Blurr, CYB Megs or Superion. You might as well list all the energon combiners
No. Energon Constructicon Maximus and Bruticus are far superior in terms of sturdiness and articulation. Superion's weak, hollow chest greatly detracted from the figure. Aside from that, at least Constructicon and Bruticus limbs could be modified (transformed differently) to give them elbows; however, Constructicon's limbs were more apt to that. Also, Bruticus and Constructicon have twistable waists that enhance their poseability. Aside from possibly aesthetics, the two Energon Decepticon gestalts are superior to Superion.

Cyb. Megs also suffers from lack of sturdiness and hollow legs. I had one that was always collapsing, falling over, and just plain didn't want to stand unless it was just a rather bland "atten-hut" pose. His vehicle modes weren't bad but the robot mode sufferred.

Blurr?! You're kidding, right? The direct throwback to G1 articulation. No knees and wonky arms? On the early G1 figures, I can excuse that due to age, size, and technology back then but 20 years later and a toy was produced like that after RiD and BW? No, I'm sorry, but he's a step backwards from previously released toys.

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job!

Last edited by Civ; 2008-03-03 at 10:36 AM.
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 05:52 PM   #59
signofzeta
Protoform

I'm taking a liking of beast wars figures because of it's high range of posability.

I generally don't like the spychangers, or any figure that has it's legs stuck together, because of my love for posable figures, so although I bought rid and armada stuff, I will only buy stuff from the beast era, just so I don't end up buying way too many transformers, rather I would only buy 120, if they are available.

When I got K-9 and looked at the back of the card, I saw a picture of claw jaw, and thought it wasn't worth to buy, but when I saw a vid review, I was wrong.

signofzeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 05:54 AM   #60
Treadshot A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civ View Post
No. Energon Constructicon Maximus and Bruticus are far superior in terms of sturdiness and articulation. Superion's weak, hollow chest greatly detracted from the figure. Aside from that, at least Constructicon and Bruticus limbs could be modified (transformed differently) to give them elbows; however, Constructicon's limbs were more apt to that. Also, Bruticus and Constructicon have twistable waists that enhance their poseability. Aside from possibly aesthetics, the two Energon Decepticon gestalts are superior to Superion.

Cyb. Megs also suffers from lack of sturdiness and hollow legs. I had one that was always collapsing, falling over, and just plain didn't want to stand unless it was just a rather bland "atten-hut" pose. His vehicle modes weren't bad but the robot mode sufferred.

Blurr?! You're kidding, right? The direct throwback to G1 articulation. No knees and wonky arms? On the early G1 figures, I can excuse that due to age, size, and technology back then but 20 years later and a toy was produced like that after RiD and BW? No, I'm sorry, but he's a step backwards from previously released toys.
I never said they were good, but they're not the worst. My CYB Megs has no problems. Guess i got lucky. Blurr...i keep him in car mode, but i've seen a lot worse.