The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-30, 11:42 PM   #101
Heinrad
Ironmod
 
Heinrad's Avatar
 
Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!
Default

Actually, having tried to go through this whole thread, I noticed that, a page or so ago, the company that was cranking the things out for this lady had discontinued the design.

If Dreamworks is trying to claim the design as their own(and to be brutally honest, it's almost a case of he said/she said at this point, it seems to be), that wrong and they're liable for it.

However, if nobody was producing this design again until the movie came out, or DW's mass-marketing promotional machine cranked into action, how can she claim loss of revenue? Had she licensed with another air freshener company to produce more of them?

And why didn't she go to Dreamworks and go, "The movie seems to be a hit, and people are gobbling up the related merchandise. Why don't we do a deal: You guys produce my design, and we split the profits?"

Besides, If she gets really annoying, all Dreamworks has to do is borrow some of the Sharkti- er, I mean Lawyercons from Hasbro and her legal team is chum in the water, as it were.

Hot Rod: "Those aren't lawyers! They're Sharkticons with suitcases!"

Prime: "I understand O.J. is thinking about hiring them for his appeal...."
 
Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 11:46 PM   #102
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Heinrad
Actually, having tried to go through this whole thread, I noticed that, a page or so ago, the company that was cranking the things out for this lady had discontinued the design.

If Dreamworks is trying to claim the design as their own(and to be brutally honest, it's almost a case of he said/she said at this point, it seems to be), that wrong and they're liable for it.

However, if nobody was producing this design again until the movie came out, or DW's mass-marketing promotional machine cranked into action, how can she claim loss of revenue? Had she licensed with another air freshener company to produce more of them?

And why didn't she go to Dreamworks and go, "The movie seems to be a hit, and people are gobbling up the related merchandise. Why don't we do a deal: You guys produce my design, and we split the profits?"

Besides, If she gets really annoying, all Dreamworks has to do is borrow some of the Sharkti- er, I mean Lawyercons from Hasbro and her legal team is chum in the water, as it were.

Hot Rod: "Those aren't lawyers! They're Sharkticons with suitcases!"

Prime: "I understand O.J. is thinking about hiring them for his appeal...."
The reason is because Dreamworks went behind her back and did all of this without her knowledge even before the movie came out. The promotional pieces were printed and distributed in advance of the theatrical release. They never even considered making contact with her. They just up and copied her design without her knowledge and printed their own. She didn't find out until after it was too late. Had they gone through proper channels, none of this would be happening.
Secondly, she has been renewing licenses with manufacturers. Some of them had stopped production, but not all. Accordign to the article, it was a consistant seller even before the movie, thus, it was still in production.
 

Last edited by Tramp; 2007-12-30 at 11:48 PM.
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 01:09 AM   #103
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Newfoundland, Canada.
Default

Who cares?
 
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 01:24 AM   #104
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants
 
Sades's Avatar
 
In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.
Default

This thread sucks.

Well, the thread itself is nicely informative. The arguing is annoying however.
 
Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 06:34 AM   #105
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Newfoundland, Canada.
Default

man did you guys (specifically auros) play "mass effect"? i got it for christmas and it's awesome
 
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 01:53 AM   #106
Springer007
Truth-bearer
 
Springer007's Avatar
 
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Default

Original message has been deleted.
 

Last edited by Springer007; 2008-01-01 at 03:30 AM.
Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 06:31 AM   #107
Damolisher
Dinobot
 
Damolisher's Avatar
 
The craphole known as Paraparaumu, New Zealand.
Default

Edit: TRIED deleting, but couldn't.
 

Last edited by Damolisher; 2008-01-12 at 12:56 AM.
Damolisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 12:51 AM   #108
Damolisher
Dinobot
 
Damolisher's Avatar
 
The craphole known as Paraparaumu, New Zealand.
Default

That's a pretty dumb thing to sue someone over- I mean, if Dreamworks were claiming it was their intellectual property, fair enough, but they aren't, so it's just bloody stupid.
 
Damolisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 02:24 AM   #109
Luckydan
Protoform
 
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
man did you guys (specifically auros) play "mass effect"? i got it for christmas and it's awesome
Didn't get Mass Effect but got an Xbox 360 and 4 games for $500 AU. Though I got other boobie games like Rumble Roses XX, DOA Extreme 2 and DOA 4. Makes me more of a man I think...
 
Luckydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 10:08 PM   #110
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Newfoundland, Canada.
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Luckydan
Didn't get Mass Effect but got an Xbox 360 and 4 games for $500 AU. Though I got other boobie games like Rumble Roses XX, DOA Extreme 2 and DOA 4. Makes me more of a virgin I think...

 
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.