• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2007-12-30, 11:42 PM   #101
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Actually, having tried to go through this whole thread, I noticed that, a page or so ago, the company that was cranking the things out for this lady had discontinued the design.

If Dreamworks is trying to claim the design as their own(and to be brutally honest, it's almost a case of he said/she said at this point, it seems to be), that wrong and they're liable for it.

However, if nobody was producing this design again until the movie came out, or DW's mass-marketing promotional machine cranked into action, how can she claim loss of revenue? Had she licensed with another air freshener company to produce more of them?

And why didn't she go to Dreamworks and go, "The movie seems to be a hit, and people are gobbling up the related merchandise. Why don't we do a deal: You guys produce my design, and we split the profits?"

Besides, If she gets really annoying, all Dreamworks has to do is borrow some of the Sharkti- er, I mean Lawyercons from Hasbro and her legal team is chum in the water, as it were.

Hot Rod: "Those aren't lawyers! They're Sharkticons with suitcases!"

Prime: "I understand O.J. is thinking about hiring them for his appeal...."

Heinrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 11:46 PM   #102
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally posted by Heinrad
Actually, having tried to go through this whole thread, I noticed that, a page or so ago, the company that was cranking the things out for this lady had discontinued the design.

If Dreamworks is trying to claim the design as their own(and to be brutally honest, it's almost a case of he said/she said at this point, it seems to be), that wrong and they're liable for it.

However, if nobody was producing this design again until the movie came out, or DW's mass-marketing promotional machine cranked into action, how can she claim loss of revenue? Had she licensed with another air freshener company to produce more of them?

And why didn't she go to Dreamworks and go, "The movie seems to be a hit, and people are gobbling up the related merchandise. Why don't we do a deal: You guys produce my design, and we split the profits?"

Besides, If she gets really annoying, all Dreamworks has to do is borrow some of the Sharkti- er, I mean Lawyercons from Hasbro and her legal team is chum in the water, as it were.

Hot Rod: "Those aren't lawyers! They're Sharkticons with suitcases!"

Prime: "I understand O.J. is thinking about hiring them for his appeal...."
The reason is because Dreamworks went behind her back and did all of this without her knowledge even before the movie came out. The promotional pieces were printed and distributed in advance of the theatrical release. They never even considered making contact with her. They just up and copied her design without her knowledge and printed their own. She didn't find out until after it was too late. Had they gone through proper channels, none of this would be happening.
Secondly, she has been renewing licenses with manufacturers. Some of them had stopped production, but not all. Accordign to the article, it was a consistant seller even before the movie, thus, it was still in production.

Last edited by Tramp; 2007-12-30 at 11:48 PM.
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 01:09 AM   #103
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix

Newfoundland, Canada.

Who cares?

Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 01:24 AM   #104
Sades
Ms. Snarkypants

In a hut by a river on top of a big ol hill.

This thread sucks.

Well, the thread itself is nicely informative. The arguing is annoying however.

Sades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 06:34 AM   #105
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix

Newfoundland, Canada.

man did you guys (specifically auros) play "mass effect"? i got it for christmas and it's awesome

Old 2008-01-01, 01:53 AM   #106
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Original message has been deleted.

Last edited by Springer007; 2008-01-01 at 03:30 AM.
Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 06:31 AM   #107
Damolisher
Dinobot

The craphole known as Paraparaumu, New Zealand.

Edit: TRIED deleting, but couldn't.

Last edited by Damolisher; 2008-01-12 at 12:56 AM.
Damolisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 12:51 AM   #108
Damolisher
Dinobot

The craphole known as Paraparaumu, New Zealand.

That's a pretty dumb thing to sue someone over- I mean, if Dreamworks were claiming it was their intellectual property, fair enough, but they aren't, so it's just bloody stupid.

Damolisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 02:24 AM   #109
Luckydan
Protoform

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
man did you guys (specifically auros) play "mass effect"? i got it for christmas and it's awesome
Didn't get Mass Effect but got an Xbox 360 and 4 games for $500 AU. Though I got other boobie games like Rumble Roses XX, DOA Extreme 2 and DOA 4. Makes me more of a man I think...

Luckydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 10:08 PM   #110
Hawkeye
One with the Matrix

Newfoundland, Canada.

Quote:
Originally posted by Luckydan
Didn't get Mass Effect but got an Xbox 360 and 4 games for $500 AU. Though I got other boobie games like Rumble Roses XX, DOA Extreme 2 and DOA 4. Makes me more of a virgin I think...