• transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Old 2008-02-09, 09:09 PM   #181
RazeRace
Protoform

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Auros View Post
If the Seacons come out only via the club (as opposed to hasbrotoyshop.com), I'm going to be pissed. I hate that damn club and the sham that is the convention.
Okay, I signed up just for this, so if there's a problem, just delete my account. I don't care. TFArchive is one of my favorite TF sites, and I come here daily for the news coverage, and every time there's news about the Club, some clown has to pipe up with this crap. Well, I've had it.

Point #1: If you spend less than $40 per year on Transformers, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHY? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? REALITY CHECK: HASBRO, IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE, IS AN AMERICAN COMPANY/BUSINESS. THEREFORE, SURPRISE SURPRISE, EVERYTHING TF ORIGINATES IN AMERICA MORE OR LESS. You're used to paying extra to ship TFs to you wherever the F you are, but you can't part with $40? Pathetic. Sheerly pathetic.

Point #2: Where's all the money for the Club magazine, the conventions, etc., going to come from? Certainly not you, you bitch like you think everything should be free, JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE TRANSFORMERS. You have no grip on reality. I've loved TFs since 1984-- I don't consider it a practical job skill that should be compensated by the creators. Make your own perfect TF Club since you know so damn much about how it should work. See how long you last putting out a color magazine when you don't ask for dues. You won't, period.

Point #3: Yeah. I saw Sunstreaker and all the rest BEFORE YOU. I got to see the NEW MOLD ULTRA POWERGLIDE. NEW MOLD OCTANE. NEW MOLD ULTRA ONSLAUGHT AND PROWL. I got to pore over those beautiful pics for hours, and share them with my (RL HAHA) friends. It's part of the f***ing privilege of paying to be IN THE CLUB. Not to mention, if you were A CLUB MEMBER, you could post your juvenile little fits on the Club Forum, where one of the Club admins could admonish you in person for being such a whiny little bitch over nothing. Yeah... I'm SURE you've NEVER paid $40 for a single Transformer in your life. Right. Do you honestly think it's cheap, or even economical, to make new molds for toys that will only be produced in limited numbers? Do you know absolutely NOTHING about how toys are produced? You act like it, that's for DAMN sure.

TFArchive is a great TF site, but like so many others, it's marred by a handful of spoiled, whiny forum brats who are divorced from the reality of how business works on our planet. If you honestly think that an organization could exist that would measure your warm and fuzzy love for Transformers and respond in kind with free merchandise, you're going to make a great homeless derelict one day.

Luckily, everyone involved in the Club is either too professional, too nice or too busy to address your mantra of how "bad they suck". I'm not any of those right now, so allow me to say: LET IT GO. Or join the Club, unless you want everyone who reads what you post to think you're a typical internerd dumbass who can't possibly be satisfied with anything, ever.

There, I said my piece, feel free to delete me or whatever, and go back to your scintillating thread about how evil Hasbro is and how the Club is so diabolical for bringing out repaints of combiner toys that were utter crap in 1987. I'm glad the Seacons are Club-exclusive, just 'cause it PISSES YOU OFF. Though seriously... WHAT DOESN'T???

RazeRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:38 PM   #182
Sonray
Transformer Customizer

UK

^^

I need lol at the above comment as it is pure win when it comes to how funny and hypocritical nearly every sentence is. Comedy gold!

BTW, im not a member of the club nor do i ever intend to be (waste of money if you live in the UK) and i still got to see the "exclusive" pics. :P

Sonray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:45 PM   #183
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazeRace View Post
a typical internerd dumbass
Luke's fairly abrasive and terse as far as forums go -- certainly I've argued a hell of a lot with him over the years -- but a minute or two of looking will reveal he's both an educator and can usually back up points when asked/arsed.

To summarise, I think he'd rather see the convention with a company that actively worked to grow it by holding conventions during convention season. Incidents such as the club website posting the personal details of other customers when their store software broke, and sending out political flyers by email, etc. probably don't endear much either. They don't suggest a professional enterprise.

Quote:
If you spend less than $40 per year on Transformers
Again, a few seconds would find recent photos of his various displayed collections. It's not that people don't spend that amount -- it's the price of one Alternator over here, after all -- it's that they expect reasonable value for money. The club is best value for money if people attend the convention; otherwise it's a rather bad comic, a see-through repaint and bragging rights about early viewing of photos that are all over the internet five minutes later.

People resent paying for stuff they think is poor quality, in order that they should get a preferential price on remoulds. Lots seem to have actually asked if they can not have the MC newsletter delivered, just to save on the paper wastage...

(Personally I spend considerably more than that on Transformers per year, but don't collect toys. The meltdown people have over bits of plastic throughout the fandom is often quite interesting though, especially the ones that are "good" because they're rare / rare because most people wouldn't buy them.)

Quote:
There, I said my piece, feel free to delete me or whatever
Responding with reason is much more satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazeRace
if you were A CLUB MEMBER, you could post your juvenile little fits on the Club Forum, where one of the Club admins could admonish you in person for being such a whiny little bitch over nothing

everyone involved in the Club is either too professional, too nice
Incidentally, you're acting as a marvelous ambassador for them.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 09:53 PM   #184
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tool View Post
Point #1: If you spend less than $40 per year on Transformers, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE? WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHY?
Discussing tie-in media, old toys, non-TF toys, comics and football.

Quote:
EVERYTHING TF ORIGINATES IN AMERICA MORE OR LESS.
Apart from all the stuff that doesn't, of course.

Quote:
You're used to paying extra to ship TFs to you wherever the F you are, but you can't part with $40?
No, I buy TFs from shops... The train fair is generally ammortised over the other stuff I get.

Quote:
Sheerly pathetic.
Is that even English?

Quote:
Point #2: Where's all the money for the Club magazine, the conventions, etc., going to come from? Certainly not you, you bitch like you think everything should be free, JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE TRANSFORMERS. You have no grip on reality. I've loved TFs since 1984-- I don't consider it a practical job skill that should be compensated by the creators. Make your own perfect TF Club since you know so damn much about how it should work. See how long you last putting out a color magazine when you don't ask for dues. You won't, period.
That's not a point, that's someone's blood vessels trying to escape via their eyesockets, causing a massive spasm in the hands. Why does there actually have to be a club again? So a few people with too much money can make themselves feel exclusive and elitist because, OMFG, they own Piranacon and a half-arsed Energon remould! Oh, to be part of that jetsetting crowd of beautiful people!

Quote:
Point #3: Yeah. I saw Sunstreaker and all the rest BEFORE YOU. I got to see the NEW MOLD ULTRA POWERGLIDE. NEW MOLD OCTANE. NEW MOLD ULTRA ONSLAUGHT AND PROWL. I got to pore over those beautiful pics for hours, and share them with my (RL HAHA) friends. It's part of the f***ing privilege of paying to be IN THE CLUB.
And in my gang at school we got to see PM Prime first. It was a great thing, but since then I stopped being 7 years old. I'm sure you had great fun wanking over the prototype images, but somehow in the time between the pictures being announced, and being seen by anyone who cared and has rudimentary knowledge of the internet, not seeing Classics prototypes didn't particularly prey on my mind... Oh boo hoo, I have to wait a couple of hours to see pictures of toys that aren't out yet, gosh I feel like a fool for not spending $40.

Quote:
Not to mention, if you were A CLUB MEMBER, you could post your juvenile little fits on the Club Forum, where one of the Club admins could admonish you in person for being such a whiny little bitch over nothing.
Quote:
If you honestly think that an organization could exist that would measure your warm and fuzzy love for Transformers and respond in kind with free merchandise, you're going to make a great homeless derelict one day.
And if you make unsupported leaps of logic like that, you're going to make a great ranting idiot one day. Oh my, looks like I underestimated your progress on that score!

Quote:
Luckily, everyone involved in the Club is either too professional, too nice or too busy to address your mantra of how "bad they suck". I'm not any of those right now
Uh-huh, we gathered that, I think, from you having enough spare time to come here and make this gibberish rant made up of nonsensical straw men you seem to be pulling from your backside

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 10:41 PM   #185
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!

@RazeRace: Relax, guy!

I ended up joining the club to pick up the convention sets with the seekers that hadn't been released in classics. Ended up saving about $10 because I joined the club. Since this year's con is earlier, I also managed to save another $50, since my subscription was not up before the convention.

If I hadn't been interested in the Botcon set it wouldn't be worth signing up for. The bi-monthly comic is fun to flip through and read, but I wouldn't pay $40 just for that.

If Nightbeat and the Seacons are available before my membership runs out (they're supposed to come out in the spring, and my membership ends in may), I probably won't renew my membership until I decide whether or not I want the 2009 Botcon set because I'll have picked up what I want from them.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 11:32 PM   #186
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper
Basically, there are much bigger fish to fry in terms of Classics... Nightbeat's probably on just big enough to justify something like this.
A month ago I probably would have agreed with you, but after seeing the first wave of new Classics figures I'm inclined to wonder. Despite not being in the cartoon, Nightbeat has a much higher profile in the fandom than Powerglide, Octane or Onslaught, none of whom seem to get much regard at all as characters or toys. Those three aren't the sort of characters that folk who just remember the cartoon from when they were kids/got into collecting after the new movie are going to have much attachment to, either. I think the hope at Hasbro right now is that Classics toys will sell no matter who they make, as long as the toys themselves are good.

They won't have much choice, I guess, if they plan to continue releasing Classics figures past 2008. There really aren't that many characters who'll sell on name recognition alone, and most of them (Prime, Megs, Magnus, Hot Rod, Bumblebee, Starscream, Grimlock) were released in the first set of Classics. If the line lasts, we're going to see more and more obscure characters creeping in, especially once big names like Galvatron, Scorponok and Shockwave have put in an appearance.

I was actually hoping that Nightbeat's role in the IDW comics would raise his profile enough that he'd be released as a mainstream Classic toy one day, but if Hasbro's letting the club use the character the odds of that happening any time soon are nil.

I'm still holding out hope for a new-mold Classics Bludgeon, though.

Quote:
On top of that, Hosehead at least is so generic there's no point reworking another toy to be him - just pick any red fire engine Transformer and simply call him 'Hosehead'.
That, however, I can't argue with. The original Hosehead's so blocky, indistinct and unremarkable that he's hardly worth the effort. Siren...could be interesting if done right, I suppose, but his character design never really struck me as that impressive either.

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 12:51 AM   #187
Sonray
Transformer Customizer

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffjumper View Post
[post]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyer View Post
[post]
That was awesome popcorn entertainment my friends! Bravo!

Old 2008-02-10, 01:17 AM   #188
RID Scourge
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
I'm still holding out hope for a new-mold Classics Bludgeon, though.
I'm hoping that after all the planned stuff is released, they'll design Snarl, myself.

Old 2008-02-10, 01:30 AM   #189
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by RID Scourge View Post
I'm hoping that after all the planned stuff is released, they'll design Snarl, myself.
You and me both. We'll have to wait until after the Animated Dinobots have been and gone before we see any more in Classics, though, methinks.

Maybe in 2009/2010?

Warcry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 03:18 AM   #190
RID Scourge
Lurking

Aye, that's what I'm thinking, sadly, unless they produce a close enough version in animated.

Old 2008-02-10, 02:16 PM   #191
Tom Anger
Protoform

Cardiff, Wales. U.K.

I was going to make a post about how stupid RazeRace comments were. I have since withdrawn my comments.

Last edited by Tom Anger; 2008-02-10 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Pure ownage by Cliffy and Denyer.
Tom Anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 02:19 PM   #192
Sonray
Transformer Customizer

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Anger View Post
RazeRace pays $40 a year because he "got to pore over those beautiful pics ( Classics 2.0) for hours, and share them with my (RL HAHA) friends. It's part of the f***ing privilege of paying to be IN THE CLUB"

You payed $40 to do that?!?! Just $40 to join a club that lets you see painted plastic before everyone else?!?! Well what am I waiting for? Sign me up! Hell I'd pay 5000 just to get a look in! Even better is the fact I could share them with my friends and be popular again! All is right with the World!

Idiot.
Yeah and you can show them to people a whole, epic, 1 or 2 days before google is chock full of the pics! Wow! What a way to spend money!

Old 2008-02-10, 03:24 PM   #193
martyboy70
Chaos Bringer

Glasgow,Scotland

I love it when someone quotes a post before it gets edited/deleted

martyboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 05:31 PM   #194
Sonray
Transformer Customizer

UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyboy70 View Post
I love it when someone quotes a post before it gets edited/deleted
Ah, thats why people should stick by what they said.

Old 2008-02-10, 05:43 PM   #195
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Lightbulb

Looks like the comment was only withdrawn due to covering the same ground as previous rebuttals. Let's move along and stop second-guessing the good guys, please >

Old 2008-02-10, 07:56 PM   #196
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
[post]
I think someone needs Ritalin, Prozak, Lexapro, etc. I have said my piece. Btw Raze, you should be a comedian... A real one.. Maybe Danny Kaye-like (sarcasm). So how is everyone

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 10:23 PM   #197
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile

Alright now, that's enough.

Last edited by zigzagger; 2008-02-11 at 04:22 AM. Reason: jebus christ, I'm on a roll today.
zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 06:39 PM   #198
Heinrad
Ironmod

Riskin' it all on my Russian Roulette!

Well, despite the rantings of some of the more rabid Collector's Club fans, I'm still thinking about joining so I can get that Nightbeat. I might give it a Rob Powers-esque kitbash to fix any posing glitches, assuming my sanity holds out.

And it'd be a cheap way(I hope) to get Classics Thundercracker......

As for Hosehead and Siren...... eh. I figured more as a set, anyway. If we can get Mirror Universe(with or without goatees) Bots and Cons, why not a "Digital Detective" set?

Hosehead: "I got the fingerprint-WOAH!!!!" -trips, falls, the kit shattering and sending print dust all over the place-

Nightbeat: -sneezes-

Siren: "Why'd you let him carry the print kit? How are we supposed to figure out who stole the Matrix now?"

Nightbeat: -still sneezing-

Hosehead: "They stole the Matrix? I thought Nightbeat was trying to figure out who boosted his tires."

Nightbeat: "Kit's AH-CHOO!!!!! pointless! We-WAH-CHOO!!!!! don't leave-" -snrxffle, cough, hack- fi-gerprtz."

Okay, maybe that's why we don't want/need a Digital Detective set.......

Heinrad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 06:49 PM   #199
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrad View Post
[post]
I was thinking more like CSI (but more disfunctionality, Matlock, and Monk....

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 07:48 PM   #200
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer007 View Post
I was thinking more like CSI (but more disfunctionality, Matlock, and Monk....
For ****'s sake, stop quoting massive blocks of text and then just tagging on a one-line reply. You're taking up enough space as it is.