Cellar Door

Thumbs up

I especially like the "Hey, he's Octane, but we can't call him that" bit

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 10:43 PM   #82
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK

I may be in a minority of one here but I am liking Onslaught. The robot mode looks well proportioned and powerful. The alt mode is a little different too.

The others look pretty good too, esp Sunstreaker. Not too sure about Prowl's car mode or the huge bulge on Powerglide's plane canopy (it seems a bit excessive to me), but all in all they look good. I look forward to seeing them painted.

Anyone know how soon after wave 1 wave 2 will follow?

Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:18 PM   #83
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Loving Prowl, but then I always had a soft spot for that design. My reaction to Onslaught is pretty much the same as Cliffy's to Sunstreaker.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:19 PM   #84
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

I really like that Powerglide. I wish it were smaller, but beggers can't be choosers. It will be interesting to see what he loks like in color. That Sunstreaker loks real sharp too. I can see how they can use that same mold for Sideswipe yet have a completely different robot mode.

Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:34 PM   #85
Jaynz
Puppy Kicker

So Powerglide goes from an A-10 one-man mini into an actual A-10? He's the only one that's a stretch to accept, though.

Prowl and Sunstreaker looks nice. Definately can see Smokescreen and Sideswipe coming soon from them.

Octane is surprisingly good. It'll really depend on his paint-apps, but it's a nice figure that makes me regret getting out of the toys.

Onslaught is decent, but I really disliked the published paint-apps. I would have preferred a blue-gray military scheme for him. I really really hate 'villian cops' toys sold to kids.

Jaynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 12:28 AM   #86
Smokescreen GT
The Ultimate Impreza

South Jersey

I got nothing but love for the Prowl design. Really nice. Can't wait for the eventual Smokescreen repaint. I can just imagine his blue and read colors on that mold. The other ones are looking good, as well. My wallet will be empty come August.

Smokescreen GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 12:55 AM   #87
Sunstreaker2
It's a Gundam!

Trumbauersville, PA
Default My Thoughts

I like em all. Strangely enough, Sunstreaker seems to have a different head than the colored version shown in the mag. Last minute change, maybe? Prowl is pure love, and Octane looks much better than Astrotrain. *Dodges barrage of flying chairs* Powerglide looks a little odd. Onslaught has a very awesome vehicle mode, but the riot shield just sitting on top looks really stupid.

Sunstreaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 01:24 AM   #88
zigzagger
There ain't no Sanity Clause

Smile

Ooo, I like Prowl. He resembles his IDW counterpart. Wishful thinking, buuuut now all they need to do is make one for Ratchet (an IDW-esque one, I mean) and I will be pleased...as something that is really, really, pleased.

zigzagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 01:31 AM   #89
another tf fan
I'm your freak-a-zoid

USA
Cool

Sunstreaker: TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!
Prowl: Mini-Alternator, TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!!!
Octane: (f*** calling him tankor): TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!!!1
Powerglide: Pretty Good...waiting for the color version
Onslaught: TOP NOTCH!!!!!

Unlike some replies i have read else-where, I will be getting a full compliment of Animated figures this year along with these gorgeous new classics.

Hasbro has really come through the last few years. Alternators, Cybertron, Classics V.1, Movie line, Animated and now these..... what a time to be a collector/fan.

(I know many of you are like 'Cybertron, wha?' but i really liked the show and it's toys.)

So 2008 is shaping up to be a great year for us and TF2 will rule 2009, so after this many years of greatness will we ever be so lucky again?

another tf fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 02:01 AM   #90
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."

Murray, KY

I believe I will continue to pursue the retail Classics line.

Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 02:02 AM   #91
Skidmark
Make me unsee it!

In your base, stealing your flag
Default New section added to Hasbro.com/Universe prototypes and more

I love the live action clip.I hope there's more

Last edited by Skidmark; 2008-01-30 at 03:00 AM.
Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 02:24 AM   #92
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Love them all! I love the improvement from g1 powerglide to today's version. That poor fella deserved love, and now has it! Octane/Tankor looks awesome (I want springer dammit! - I want to see an updated version that isn't cyberteron defense hot shot!).

Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:22 AM   #93
tf_griffin
Guardian

Malaysia

I was quite dissapointed at Onslaught Vehicle mode.

tf_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:27 AM   #94
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

So far I'm only loving Powerglide and Prowl design wise. Maybe after paint apps some more will appeal. Sunstreaker is pretty nice all painted up, but looks drab in the gray prototype version..so maybe some of the others will come into their own with some paint apps.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:27 AM   #95
Springer007
Truth-bearer

Fort Smith, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf_griffin View Post
I was quite dissapointed at Onslaught Vehicle mode.
The shield on top of the vehicle mode is weird. I have never seen an armored personnel carrier like that ever. Unless it is a new design or whatnot - still I would have preferred something more to the old styled G.I. Joe Humvee with the rocket launchers mounted on the back, and machine gun turrets on the side.

edit: I wonder if the shield is mistransformed and it isn't supposed to be on the bottom of the vehicle mode?

Last edited by Springer007; 2008-01-30 at 03:30 AM.
Springer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 04:53 AM   #96
Warcry
Likes Beast Wars toys. A lot.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I'm not one to get overly excited about unpainted prototypes, but that Prowl could be one of the best-looking toys I've seen in years. Seems well-articulated, too. A shame they didn't replicate his entirely awesome G1 gun, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Sunstreaker looks a lot better when he isn't horribly mistransformed, as I hoped.

Octane looks at least as good as Astrotrain, who was pretty good in his own right. His transport plane mode is a bit chubby, but neither alt-mode has big pieces of the other plainly visible in those pics, and that's a big step up.

Onslaught looks twice as good in slate grey than he did with paint applied. Read into that what you will. I still don't think he's even remotely cool enough to justify the high price point, though.

Powerglide...doesn't impress me much. He resembles G1 Powerglide quite a bit, but I'm not sure that look works on something bigger than a Minibot.

I'm much more impressed by the deluxes than the big guys so far. That's pretty much the way I felt about the first round of Classics, actually, and it works for me just fine. I've always liked small toys better anyway.

Last edited by Warcry; 2008-01-30 at 04:59 AM.
Warcry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 07:55 AM   #97
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Man, I don't want to get too excited too fast but they all look fantastic and they're not even coloured.

Onslaught looks a little like Animated Bulkhead in vehicle mode, but in robot mode he looks amazing. Looks like he's got attitude.

Prowl looks stunning, really does look like IDW's Prowl.

Still not convinced Powerglide should be an ultra. Will wait and see comparison pics.

And Tankor looks great, especially posed the way he is in robot mode. Man he looks great.

Can't wait till these are out!

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 08:39 AM   #98
Neuronutter
Gestalt

Halifax, NS

Oh and I just watched that video. That was fantastic. Really superb. Now why can't we get some Classics that look like those? And some episodes redone like that would be great too.

Anyone know anywhere you can download that video from?

Neuronutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 09:00 AM   #99
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.

"Concept"

That's an interesting justification for "his engine is on the roof". Jog on.

Onslaught looks way better in grey than coloured.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 09:44 AM   #100
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Rhondda Cynon Taff, S.Wales

Octane/Tankor...Powerglide... *swoons* These things can't get here fast enough. If I can lay my hands on that Octane figure (and I WILL call it Octane), I can die a happy man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen GT View Post
My wallet will be empty come August.
As will mine. Do I hear a second on that?

Last edited by glazios; 2008-01-30 at 09:50 AM.
glazios is offline   Reply With Quote