The Transformers Archive Skip to main content / Also skip section headers

[The Transformers Archive - an international fan site]
Please feel free to log in or register.

 
  • transformers toys
  • transformers comics
  • transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-24, 03:33 PM   #761
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)
 
secretcode's Avatar
 
Default

Except for the fact we've seen both of those toys individually in legit packaging...
 
secretcode is offline  
Old 2008-12-24, 03:48 PM   #762
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15
 
Rattrap's tail's Avatar
 
In space, helping Gunbuster.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
Except for the fact we've seen both of those toys individually in legit packaging...
True but some kind of poor Chinese kitbasher could have been making this... On the other hand: neither of us can proof that it is fake or real. So let's just wait and then we gonna find the answer.
 
Rattrap's tail is offline  
Old 2008-12-24, 06:43 PM   #763
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

These toys are real.

The combined mode, on the other hand, might not necessarily be official.
 
Nevermore is offline  
Old 2008-12-24, 09:56 PM   #764
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

Alleged set images of
SPOILER! (select to read)
The Fallen...

Source

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm looking at either.
 
Nevermore is offline  
Old 2008-12-24, 10:09 PM   #765
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15
 
Rattrap's tail's Avatar
 
In space, helping Gunbuster.
Default

SPOILER! (select to read)
As far as I can see has The Fallen been crashing to on Earth just like Megs. Only in his case, he was buried at a place where later human civillication would come. This all sounds very strange to me because The Fallen being crashed on Earth is way to similair to Megs to be good. I think that this is not The Fallen but something else(not that I have even an idea what). Feel always free to correct me.

 
Rattrap's tail is offline  
Old 2008-12-25, 12:04 AM   #766
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
SPOILER! (select to read)
As far as I can see has The Fallen been crashing to on Earth just like Megs. Only in his case, he was buried at a place where later human civillication would come. This all sounds very strange to me because The Fallen being crashed on Earth is way to similair to Megs to be good. I think that this is not The Fallen but something else(not that I have even an idea what). Feel always free to correct me.
SPOILER! (select to read)
He may not have crashed on Earth. He may have been purposely imprisoned and entombed there intentionally as punishment for betrayal similar to his established history.

 
Tramp is offline  
Old 2008-12-25, 07:32 PM   #767
Summerhayes
always late to the party
 
Summerhayes's Avatar
 
Somerset, England.
Default

SPOILER! (select to read)
That "combined" mode looks like they transformed jetfire into a plane and blu-tacked it to optimus prime's back. Fake much?

 
Summerhayes is offline  
Old 2008-12-26, 12:55 AM   #768
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15
 
Rattrap's tail's Avatar
 
In space, helping Gunbuster.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
SPOILER! (select to read)
He may not have crashed on Earth. He may have been purposely imprisoned and entombed there intentionally as punishment for betrayal similar to his established history.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Do you think so??? Of all planets they chose Earth??? That would be a very lame excuse from the producers if it is true what you are saying.

 
Rattrap's tail is offline  
Old 2008-12-26, 05:12 AM   #769
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
SPOILER! (select to read)
Do you think so??? Of all planets they chose Earth??? That would be a very lame excuse from the producers if it is true what you are saying.
I'm saying it's possible. Whether it is actually the case is another matter.
SPOILER! (select to read)
As for it being "lame", I disagree, especially given the time-frame of his betrayal in TF lore ten billion years ago (before the Sun and Earth even existed). It's possible, that the Fallen's prison was within the cloud of gas and dust that would eventually coalesce into the Sun and planets of our Solar system, and that the Earth formed around the Fallen's prison five billion years ago; that his prison was part of the matter that went into making up the Earth. Hence why he is found in the actual crust of the Earth, not in ice or something like that.

 
Tramp is offline  
Old 2008-12-26, 11:25 AM   #770
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Default

SPOILER! (select to read)
Though they could change his back story so he was imprisoned only a few hundred million years ago. However he came to Earth though, imprisioned or crashed it remains a fairly massive coincidence.

 
inflatable dalek is offline  
Old 2008-12-26, 11:50 AM   #771
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

Thanks to S250 over at TFW2005, new pics of Legends Class Optimus Prime and
SPOILER! (select to read)
Jetfire.


Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6
Image 7
Image 8

S250 confirms that
SPOILER! (select to read)
the scratched Decepticon symbol on Jetfire is NOT a paint problem, since it's present on three copies of the toy.


As for the
SPOILER! (select to read)
combined mode being "fake":

Coincidence? I don't think so.
 

Last edited by Nevermore; 2008-12-26 at 12:01 PM.
Nevermore is offline  
Old 2008-12-26, 12:47 PM   #772
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15
 
Rattrap's tail's Avatar
 
In space, helping Gunbuster.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
I'm saying it's possible. Whether it is actually the case is another matter.
SPOILER! (select to read)
As for it being "lame", I disagree, especially given the time-frame of his betrayal in TF lore ten billion years ago (before the Sun and Earth even existed). It's possible, that the Fallen's prison was within the cloud of gas and dust that would eventually coalesce into the Sun and planets of our Solar system, and that the Earth formed around the Fallen's prison five billion years ago; that his prison was part of the matter that went into making up the Earth. Hence why he is found in the actual crust of the Earth, not in ice or something like that.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Where did you get that date from??? It could always be different from all what we know since the movie franchise has a universe of his own.

 
Rattrap's tail is offline  
Old 2008-12-26, 10:26 PM   #773
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrap's tail View Post
SPOILER! (select to read)
Where did you get that date from??? It could always be different from all what we know since the movie franchise has a universe of his own.
SPOILER! (select to read)
Because the creation of the Transformers as a race, and their place in the grand scheme of things happened is a constant. The Thirteen are multiversal singularities just like Primus and Unicron. There is only one Fallen. The movie continuity is still a part of the greater multiverse, and, according to Orci, Simon Furman, etc, the new movie and the comics leading up to it are supposed to tie the movie-verse more closely into established TF lore. The TF's were created about ten billion years ago starting with the Thirteen. The Fallen is one of the Thirteen. His banishment and imprisonment happened before the creation of the Sol System.
All in all though, how he got there is still just educated speculation.
 
Tramp is offline  
Old 2008-12-26, 10:47 PM   #774
Clay
"I've done better and got over it."
 
Clay's Avatar
 
Murray, KY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Does anyone remember the rumor that
SPOILER! (select to read)
Jetfire would combine with Optimus Prime?


Well... Looks like
SPOILER! (select to read)
the newly leaked Legends toys confirm that:

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Not necessarily... the toys could have been made a point when that was planned and then left that way while the movie details were changed. The Legends Megatron toy from the first film still has the original head, for instance.

Given that these are Legends figures, it may not have been worth the trouble to change the molds. Even so, it does seem likely that it'll happen in the film, though.
 
Clay is offline  
Old 2008-12-27, 12:44 PM   #775
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15
 
Rattrap's tail's Avatar
 
In space, helping Gunbuster.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
SPOILER! (select to read)
Because the creation of the Transformers as a race, and their place in the grand scheme of things happened is a constant. The Thirteen are multiversal singularities just like Primus and Unicron. There is only one Fallen. The movie continuity is still a part of the greater multiverse, and, according to Orci, Simon Furman, etc, the new movie and the comics leading up to it are supposed to tie the movie-verse more closely into established TF lore. The TF's were created about ten billion years ago starting with the Thirteen. The Fallen is one of the Thirteen. His banishment and imprisonment happened before the creation of the Sol System.
All in all though, how he got there is still just educated speculation.
Wow good arguements. In this part of the case you're damn right.
 
Rattrap's tail is offline  
Old 2008-12-27, 01:33 PM   #776
borg72
Less than meets the eye
 
borg72's Avatar
 
Cleveland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
The movie continuity is still a part of the greater multiverse, and, according to Orci, Simon Furman, etc, the new movie and the comics leading up to it are supposed to tie the movie-verse more closely into established TF lore.
umm... so how does this mean that anything we "know" from elsewhere in TFlore will be carried over as-is? just because the movie continuity is a part of a bigger brand, doesn't mean they *MUST* import anything already 'established' elsewhere, in whole or in part. and bear in mind that Hasbro don't always get final say... brawlastator being a good (if somewhat petty) example of idealogical clashes.

and flames on Prime anyone? "I just thought it was cool". really, give this sort of randomness, when it comes to precise plot points, there's little you can do but wait for the enevitable leaked script...
 
borg72 is offline  
Old 2008-12-27, 01:45 PM   #777
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster
 
inflatable dalek's Avatar
 
Kidderminster UK
Default

They can use, ignore or reinvent anything they like really.

SPOILER! (select to read)
Though I do think it's fair to say they wouldn't be using the Fallen (a character who's only appeared once in any other media and isn't toy based) if he wasn't going to be somewhat similar to how he was in that appearence, even if the minor stuff (age and so on) isn't likely to be closely adhered to.

 
inflatable dalek is offline  
Old 2008-12-27, 03:59 PM   #778
Tramp
Unicron
 
Tramp's Avatar
 
Buffalo, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg72 View Post
umm... so how does this mean that anything we "know" from elsewhere in TFlore will be carried over as-is? just because the movie continuity is a part of a bigger brand, doesn't mean they *MUST* import anything already 'established' elsewhere, in whole or in part. and bear in mind that Hasbro don't always get final say... brawlastator being a good (if somewhat petty) example of idealogical clashes.

and flames on Prime anyone? "I just thought it was cool". really, give this sort of randomness, when it comes to precise plot points, there's little you can do but wait for the enevitable leaked script...
Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
They can use, ignore or reinvent anything they like really.

SPOILER! (select to read)
Though I do think it's fair to say they wouldn't be using the Fallen (a character who's only appeared once in any other media and isn't toy based) if he wasn't going to be somewhat similar to how he was in that appearence, even if the minor stuff (age and so on) isn't likely to be closely adhered to.
Inflatable Dalek hits it pretty close to accurate. They wouldn't just pull "everything" from existing lore because the movie is another universe within the greater multiverse. However,
SPOILER! (select to read)
certain things are constants, and are truely multiversal in nature. Those are Primus, Unicron, and the Original Thirteen. The Fallen was one of the Original Thirteen. That is part of Transformer mythology. That is what both Roberto Orci, as well as Chris Mowry and Simon Furman had mentioned about tying the movie more closely into established TF lore. Thus, it's not the brand that the movie is apparently being more closely, it is the mythology of Cybertron and the Transformers themselves.

 
Tramp is offline  
Old 2008-12-27, 04:22 PM   #779
borg72
Less than meets the eye
 
borg72's Avatar
 
Cleveland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
SPOILER! (select to read)
certain things are constants, and are truely multiversal in nature. Those are Primus, Unicron, and the Original Thirteen. The Fallen was one of the Original Thirteen. That is part of Transformer mythology. That is what both Roberto Orci, as well as Chris Mowry and Simon Furman had mentioned about tying the movie more closely into established TF lore. Thus, it's not the brand that the movie is apparently being more closely, it is the mythology of Cybertron and the Transformers themselves.
since when?

just because they say that they're moving it closer to "the mythology" (whichever one you care to pick) doesn't mean Primus, Unicron, Emirate Xaaron or Rat Trap are gonna show up in the movie-verse. ever. in fact, i distinctly recall someone (bay and/or orci) saying that unicron was definately not going to be a part of the (orginal) movie, about two years ago (when ROTF was already being rumoured, at least in terms of their being a sequel to TFTM).
SPOILER! (select to read)

and I fail to see the link to the thirteen - just because the fallen was originally one of them, doesn't mean that fact will be referenced this time round (unless i've missed a spoiler? anyone?)


until i see a crediblish leak - like that one a few posts back that got us all talking about this - then insisting "it must be exactly like wot i hav guessed" is nothing but hot air*

(*IE utter bollocks)
 
borg72 is offline  
Old 2008-12-27, 04:27 PM   #780
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Autobase Germany
Default

Probably more offscreen toys, possibly store exclusives, but...

SPOILER! (select to read)
Voyager Class Skywarp and Ramjet. WTF.


Image 1
Image 2
 
Nevermore is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
 
[the-hub.co.uk]
[transfans.co.uk]
[oneshallstand]
[unicron.com]
[counter-x.net]
[ntfa.net]
[allspark.com]
[transformertoys.co.uk]
[tfu.info]
[botchthecrab.com]
[obscure_tf]
[tfradio.net]
 

[TFArchive button]
Link graphics...

BOOKMARK US
Or in FF, hit Ctrl+D.