Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers News & Rumours

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-27, 04:28 PM   #781
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Unicron doesn't have to appear.
SPOILER! (select to read)
As for the link to The Thirteen; The Fallen is one of the Original Thirteen. That's the link. He was the betrayer. Simon Furman is writing the tie-in comics leading up to the new movie. And he, in particular confirmed that the Fallen in the new movie The Fallen from TF lore. The Betrayer. Chros Mowery Also confirmed this. It's common knowledge. And Borg, Emirate Xarron, and Rat Trap, etc. are not multiversal singularities. They don't cross-over, exisitng in all realities. Only Primus, Unicron, and the Original Thirteen do. Primus, Unicron and The Thirteen are constants. They're nexes in the multiverse.

Last edited by Tramp; 2008-12-27 at 04:32 PM.
Old 2008-12-27, 04:47 PM   #782
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramp View Post
Unicron doesn't have to appear.
As for the link to The Thirteen; The Fallen is one of the Original Thirteen. That's the link. He was the betrayer. Simon Furman is writing the tie-in comics leading up to the new movie. And he, in particular confirmed that the Fallen in the new movie The Fallen from TF lore. The Betrayer. Chros Mowery Also confirmed this. It's common knowledge. And Borg, Emirate Xarron, and Rat Trap, etc. are not multiversal singularities. They don't cross-over, exisitng in all realities. Only Primus, Unicron, and the Original Thirteen do. Primus, Unicron and The Thirteen are constants. They're nexes in the multiverse.
what? eh? you just said unicron doesn't have to appear, then you say he's some kind of universal constant?

its a movie.

its made up.

by michael bay et al.

and you're paraphrasing simon furman. non of these things, nor anything you have said, means that the people making the movie (who are non of the people you mention) have to 'do' any of it.

note to mods: i'm officially not responding to this arguement anymore. if people want to argue the toss about what *MUST* be in the movie they can do it in their own time, but i would respectfully ask them not to make me go trawling through 770 posts looking for a reference to a spoiler that didn't exist because they'd MADE IT UP IN THEIR HEADS that something was, or was not, going to be in the movie, and then posted as such on the movie rumours/spoilers thread.

Old 2008-12-27, 05:04 PM   #783
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg72 View Post
what? eh? you just said unicron doesn't have to appear, then you say he's some kind of universal constant?

its a movie.

its made up.

by michael bay et al.

and you're paraphrasing simon furman. non of these things, nor anything you have said, means that the people making the movie (who are non of the people you mention) have to 'do' any of it.

note to mods: i'm officially not responding to this arguement anymore. if people want to argue the toss about what *MUST* be in the movie they can do it in their own time, but i would respectfully ask them not to make me go trawling through 770 posts looking for a reference to a spoiler that didn't exist because they'd MADE IT UP IN THEIR HEADS that something was, or was not, going to be in the movie, and then posted as such on the movie rumours/spoilers thread.
Unicron does not have to make an actual appearance to [b[exist[/b]. Remember, Unicron travels between realities, and thus exists in each one at a time. As for Simon Furman. He is working on the tie-in comics.
Also Roberto Orci had also stated that The Fallen was "The Fallen" of TF lore. This was also stated a long time ago on the "official Movie Blog." Finally, read the title. It doesn't say Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. It says Transformers Revenge of The Fallen. Note the capital T in the word "The". Standard title protocols establish words such as "a", "and", "of", "the", don't normally get capitalized in a title. The only time they do is either if they appear at the very beginning of the title, or they hold a special significance, such as a part of someone's given name. The name of The Fallen is not just "Fallen". It is The Fallen. That is his specific title. That is his name. Thus, they capitalized the word "The" in the title to properly denote his specific name.

Old 2008-12-27, 05:43 PM   #784
borg72
Less than meets the eye

Cleveland

Quote:
Unicron does not have to make an actual appearance to [b[exist[/b].
i know i said i wasn't going to propagate your bollocks, but take your pick:
  1. no, but some kind of actual reference helps.
  2. bay and/or orci were very specific about NO unicron.
  3. was he hiding behind dewbot in the first movie then?
  4. i bet he was pissed when the movie came out, all his big planet-eating scenes left on the cutting room floor.

I'll take door number four, marty.

*ahem* sorry.

Old 2008-12-27, 06:01 PM   #785
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg72 View Post
i know i said i wasn't going to propagate your bollocks, but take your pick:
  1. no, but some kind of actual reference helps.
  2. bay and/or orci were very specific about NO unicron.
  3. was he hiding behind dewbot in the first movie then?
  4. i bet he was pissed when the movie came out, all his big planet-eating scenes left on the cutting room floor.

I'll take door number four, marty.

*ahem* sorry.

First off, no, they haven't been. I've been keeping up on all of the movie information and they have not said "no Unicron" existing. Nor have they said he will never appear. On top of that, Whether he appears or not is irrelevant anyway. We're not talking about Unicron. He is but one constant in TF lore, nothing more. We're talking about
The Fallen
. And, you want Citation as to
The Fallen's name and other references to what I've mentioned? Fine. here is a link for you: link

Old 2008-12-27, 10:31 PM   #786
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

Quote:
First off, no, they haven't been. I've been keeping up on all of the movie information and they have not said "no Unicron" existing. Nor have they said he will never appear. On top of that, Whether he appears or not is irrelevant anyway. We're not talking about Unicron. He is but one constant in TF lore, nothing more. We're talking about
The Fallen
. And, you want Citation as to
The Fallen's name and other references to what I've mentioned? Fine. here is a link for you: link
Well just to say something:

Results gotten in the past give no guarantees for the future.

Am I clear???

Old 2008-12-28, 03:27 AM   #787
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

This thread really isn't the place for a continuity conversation. Remember, this is a just the facts style thread. Anyone desperate to discuss or debate how the "Fallen" part of the title may or may not relate to previosu Transformers media would be better off starting a new thread in the sub forum dedicatjed to the movie news, because until someone involved with the film makes some firm staements about continuity (which could be fairly likely, the two writers have already done a interview talking about how their Star Trek film script fits in with that franchises continuity using talk of multiverses and whatnot. Eric Banner creates a new Star Trek timeline when he time travels, but the original one is still there in a alternate Universe is the offiicial explanation for why the uniforms are slightly different) it's all down to personal choice.

Old 2008-12-28, 10:24 PM   #788
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

Empire magazine has new set pics:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23925

Old 2008-12-28, 11:12 PM   #789
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Since when was Transformers a 1997 film?

Otherwise, I'm actually looking forward to this one. I hope it follows the sophomore boost like Spiderman, X-Men, The Hulk and Batman (Both Series) had.

Last edited by secretcode; 2008-12-28 at 11:14 PM.
Old 2008-12-29, 06:48 AM   #790
Brimstone
Unicron

Houston, TX

Quote:
It doesn't say Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. It says Transformers Revenge of The Fallen. Note the capital T in the word "The".
Uh...no it doesn't. According to the official website (http://www.transformersmovie.com/), "the" is not capitalized.

Old 2008-12-29, 07:40 AM   #791
Tramp
Unicron

Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Uh...no it doesn't. According to the official website (http://www.transformersmovie.com/), "the" is not capitalized.
Actually, in the actual title, all of the letters are capitalized. What you're referring to is the title of the index page, and that doesn't matter. Secondly, here is a couple of articles you might want to look at:

link
To quote"
When the title for the upcoming "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" was first revealed, fans were wondering whether a character from the first movie (Jazz, Starscream, Megatron) would make a dramatic comeback to settle the score. Later, a different idea came about.

The Fallen happens to be an incredibly powerful robot and one of the thirteen original Transformers - hellbent on vengeance. In order to defeat him, Autobots and Decepticons might have to join forces.

Now, a source close to the production has confirmed to us that the main villain in the Michael Bay film is in fact The Fallen. The teaser trailer for "Transformers 2" will appear in front of "Eagle Eye" in September, maybe we'll be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of what The Fallen will look like. I doubt it.
And here's some quotes from Chris Mowry on the subject:
"Up until now, fans have been wondering what "Fallen" in the title "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" means. IDW Publishing spoke to MTV News about a five-part prequel mini-series entitled "Transformers: Destiny" that's set to bring the gap between the 2007 blockbuster and Summer 2009 sequel, revealing that the main villain in the new Michael Bay film will a character named The Fallen.

"[We're going to] explore the background of The Fallen — the main villain of the movie — as well as expand on the 'Reign of Starscream' story that we're doing and tie everything in to what this next movie is going to be," explained writer Chris Mowry. "The next movie starts out with just tons of action and there's obviously going to be a lot of questions, so we're hoping to answer some of those beforehand."

The Fallen is an incredibly powerful robot and one of the thirteen original Transformers - hellbent on vengeance."

Old 2008-12-29, 08:51 AM   #792
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

I can't believe we're now debating about the capitalization of a word.

New articles from USA Today, confirming
Soundwave, Devastator and Jetfire.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...ers-main_N.htm
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...ers-side_N.htm

Old 2008-12-29, 02:05 PM   #793
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
He may not have crashed on Earth. He may have been purposely imprisoned and entombed there intentionally as punishment for betrayal similar to his established history.
Imprisoned by whom? The very intro to the first movie clearly states that Earth is an "unknown" planet to the transformers, or at least the Autobots.

Old 2008-12-29, 02:17 PM   #794
S_Windell
Dinobot

Quote:
Unicron does not have to make an actual appearance to [b[exist[/b].
Also Roberto Orci had also stated that The Fallen was "The Fallen" of TF lore. This was also stated a long time ago on the "official Movie Blog." Finally, read the title. It doesn't say Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. It says Transformers Revenge of The Fallen. Note the capital T in the word "The". Standard title protocols establish words such as "a", "and", "of", "the", don't normally get capitalized in a title. The only time they do is either if they appear at the very beginning of the title, or they hold a special significance, such as a part of someone's given name. The name of The Fallen is not just "Fallen". It is The Fallen. That is his specific title. That is his name. Thus, they capitalized the word "The" in the title to properly denote his specific name.
Neither does Quints or the Nebulans or the Transmutate. (Not seen or even referenced explicity in movie stuffs = not a movieverse character.)

But that doesn't mean liberties cannot be taken. I'm sure Optimus Prime is intended to be "The Optimus Prime" from TF lore as well. (But which one?) In fact, you can go whole hog and say these movies are "The Transformers" of Transformers lore. Some liberties can be taken and has been. Yes, even with the mythology.

Old 2008-12-29, 02:53 PM   #795
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

From one of the USA Today articles:
Quote:
And on the Autobots' side is Jetfire, a villain whose age and broken-down physicality leads him to help the Autobots.
Wonder if that means he's the "geriatric robot" Bay was talking about?

Also, a bunch of new pics:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/l081229...sh.htm?gid=831

Last edited by Nevermore; 2008-12-29 at 02:56 PM.
Old 2008-12-29, 03:11 PM   #796
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Could also be why he might combine with Prime to be as functional as he can be.

Old 2008-12-29, 03:20 PM   #797
Rattrap's tail
EVA-Unit 15

In space, helping Gunbuster.

I am going to grow tired from that discussion about
The/the Fallen.

And improvements of both to proof it. Please quit with it and get back to the main sub. I mean
Devs n´Jets and others.

Old 2008-12-29, 03:34 PM   #798
Nevermore
Keiner versteht mich.

Autobase Germany

From the print edition:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ml#post2585695

Quote:
*The Transformers visited ancient Egypt before the pyramids were built.
*Ancient hieroglyphics of helicopters and the other stuff archaeologists and conspiracy theorists scratch their heads over are actually our favourite race of alien robots.
*The Fallen was described by Bay as "apocalyptic".
*Bay claims Megs isn't in the film, he said the tank mode is just a new toy made by Hasbro.

*Forty robots.
*Budget is $200 million.

Old 2008-12-29, 03:47 PM   #799
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

ZOMG FORTY ROBOTZ? MEGZ JUST A TOY?!

If that doesn't sound like "misinformation" I don't know what is...

Especially considering the other more-trustworthy sources we've seen and heard from...

...plus the CGI of Megatron...

Nice try Micheal Bay.

Old 2008-12-29, 07:15 PM   #800
Summerhayes
always late to the party

Somerset, England.

forty robots?
Surely if you count all the dead autobots megatron is throwing javelines at in the first film there's about that?

Closed Thread