• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > COMMUNITY > Other Toys, Cartoons & Comics

Old 2008-06-23, 09:00 PM   #1
Mospeada
Tacklemach!

PA
Default What other cartoons/anime do you guys dig?

Mainly I love mecha, so besides Transformers I'm big into Robotech and all the shows that it was comprised of in both forms (Super Dimension Force Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, Genesis Climber Mospeada), other Macross shows, various Gundam shows, Armored Trooper Votoms, and stuff of that kind. I especially love 80's mecha anime.

I did just start watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Sci Fi channel in the US will be showing that next month, and I ordered the box set of the original Japanese Go Lion (Voltron) show.

Mospeada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 09:10 PM   #2
electro girl
Tall child, holding a beer.

Robot Republic of Yorkshire.

i like most things marvel. spiderman mainly but also iron man captain america thor spider woman luke cage the young avengers. im not big on hulk but i did enjoy the recent movie, i have yet to see iron man

i also enjoy the mighty boosh, heroes, the tick and dr who/torchwood

-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
electro girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 09:15 PM   #3
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer

Robotech, (have the series on dvd and most of the books), most gundams, Code Geass, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Spiderman, The Starship Troopers tv series, The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers, and TMNT

Last edited by wolfbolt86; 2008-06-23 at 09:19 PM.
wolfbolt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 09:20 PM   #4
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

I think this goes in the Animation Forum.

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 09:37 PM   #5
Cliffjumper
Cellar Door

I find most, if not all, cartoons to be terminally dull. Seriously, some of them blow some fantastic concepts, and I've not seen many episodes of any (non-comedic) cartoon that actually justify their length.

Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 09:42 PM   #6
Denyer
Shooty Dog Thing

UK

Enjoyed the Hellboy animated stuff I've seen.

Still have fansubs of the Aa! Megami Sama TV series (not OVA) that I haven't watched.

Les MystÚrieuses CitÚs d'Or.

Denyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 10:33 PM   #7
slartibartfast
what's in the box ?

paris.
Smile

Incoherent lists ahoy:
  • Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo... pretty much anything by Shinichirō Watanabe really.
  • Ebichu the housekeeping hamster is still one of my favourite anime evar. One of the best theme tunes evar too.
  • Drawn together.
Film-wise, I can finally get to plug dead leaves and Aachi & Ssipak, which are brill. Totally OTT mayhem, violence, and more toilet humour. Youtube should have trailers for those who are interested. Personally I don't really go for mecha, evangelion seemed to have got that out of my system, although the series where they have an orgasm when they combine is a giggle for an episode or two... Aquarion is it?

In general, I like anything in bad taste.

slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 11:22 PM   #8
Blitzwing
was here way before you.

British Columbia

As a kid, I was into GIJoe, Thundercats, Dinosaucers, Dino-Riders, Duck Tales and TMNT.

In my teens I went through fads where I was really into DBZ and Gundam Wing at different points.

Transformers always trumped them all though.

Oh, I almost forgot the Fox X-men and Spiderman cartoons... I never would have gotten into comics if it wasn't for them.

Blitzwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 12:07 AM   #9
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

I'm currently entranced with The Melancoly of Haruhi. The second episode is just pure genius.

Old 2008-06-24, 12:09 AM   #10
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

Justice League and Justice League: Unlimited are among my all-time faves. I don't care much for DC comics but their modern cartoons rock. X-Men: Evolution was really good too. Gargoyles is up there. Full Metal Alchemist in the beginning when it was actually funny at times before everyone got all whispery and shit. Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Shamploo, Outlaw Star, and I can even stand watching Inuyasha and Bleach though the last two aren't that great and the plots just drag on and on and on. The recent TMNT was also pretty good but Fast Forward was annoying.

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job!
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 12:46 AM   #11
Mospeada
Tacklemach!

PA

How could I forgot TMNT. I love all TMNT cartoons, but certainly the new stuff that is comic accurate trumps the old. I also was big, big into DBZ back in the day. The DC cartoons are great too.

Old 2008-06-24, 06:26 AM   #12
inflatable dalek
Duke of Kidderminster

Kidderminster UK

Dangermouse, people. It shouldn't take this many posts to get to Dangermouse.

inflatable dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 07:23 AM   #13
Mospeada
Tacklemach!

PA

My sister and I were big Danger Mouse fans in the 80's. I got her the first DVD box set and was shocked to hear that Danger Mouse had new episodes until 1992 in the UK. Here in the US we only got him from about 1984-1986, maybe 1987. Only about 2 seasons worth I think.

We did get the "Bananaman" shorts and Count Duckula also.

Old 2008-06-24, 08:22 AM   #14
Civ
News-"breaker"-in-Training

Pennsylvania

I wasn't too fond of Dangermouse or Count Duckula as a kid. Didn't care for the humor in the show. Loved the theme songs though. Never heard of Bananaman.

Thanks, Zeeks! Great job!
Civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 01:33 PM   #15
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Exclamation Truly one of the best comics ever...

Old 2008-06-24, 01:58 PM   #16
Halfshell
Magical Truthsaying Turtle

Don't complain to me. I don't care.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflatable dalek View Post
Dangermouse, people. It shouldn't take this many posts to get to Dangermouse.
Quite.

Props to Slarti for mentioning Drawn Together. From which we can segue into Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama, blah blah blah.

Halfshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 03:10 PM   #17
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

As a kid it was He-Man, GI Joe, Thundercats, TMNT, Inhumanoids, and of course Transformers. I'm sure there were others that will spring to mind once I think it over.

As a teenager I was really into anime such as Ranma 1/2, Devilman, Devil Hunter Yohko, Fatal Fury, of course Dragon Ball Z. I was more into the anime movies of the time though. Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Ninja Scrolls, Ghost In The Machine...these are the ones that spring to mind first as I still have them on VHS.

As an adult I am a huge fan of Studio Ghibli movies directed by Hayao Miyazaki and/or Isao Takahata. My favorites being Whisper of the Heart, My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies and Pom Poko. Although its hard to say anything they have ever done is less than brilliant.

As far as TV shows as an adult, besides the obvious Transformers ones, I do enjoy Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Brothers, Futurama, and Family Guy on occasion. I can't really get into any modern anime series for some reason or another, but I almost got into Full Metal Alchemist for a while, but for some reason or another I lost interest. I was into Tenchi Muyo back when they first came out as well, almost forgot that.

EDIT: I totally forgot to mention the anime Battle Angel. This is one of my favorites and the movie that my daughter is named after. I can't believe I forgot to mention it.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 03:37 AM   #18
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer

I forgot about Exosquad, Dino Riders, Gargoyles, Sonic the Hdegehog, The Super Mario Super Show, the Joes, the Centurions, Mega Man, and Battletech.

wolfbolt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 12:49 PM   #19
DrSpengler
Primus

Cartoons are just about all I watch, really.

For what's currently on, I'm addicted to Chowder, Avatar, Spectacular Spider-Man and from what I've seen, Flapjack looks to be pretty funny. I'd like to get into Storm Hawks but Cartoon Network can't seem to schedule it coherently (big surprise). I haven't followed any Japanese animation since the new version of The Guyver ended a few months ago. I'm hoping they renew that for another season since it was left unresolved.

As for older cartoons, there are just way too many for me to count. My DVD collection consists entirely of horror movies and cartoons.

DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 01:12 PM   #20
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

I hate to say it as well, but Chowder and Flapjack (Both named after foods, coincedently.) are actually pretty funny as Doc said. For some reason, Chowder reminds me of Invader ZIM, which was the last Nick/Cartoon Network cartoon that I actually liked.