• transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum

Go Back   TFARCHIVE > TRANSFORMERS > Transformers Toys & Merch

Old 2008-07-15, 12:54 AM   #41
decepticon_warrior_mike90
Protoform

Philippines in the city of Manila
Talking Who will be the new toy character for The Transformers Universe 2.0 toy line by Hasbro.

I already bought Prowl the Autobot's Military Strategist I was hoping to open it this coming Christmas I think it's one of the best toy I bought this year. I really hope there will be Headmasters that will be included in this toy line my main wish is none other than the Decepticon's Swamp Warrior Skullcruncher his my favorite really.

decepticon_warrior_mike90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 08:08 AM   #42
Treadshot A1
Or just 'A1' for short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
Still nothing down here. T_T.
Or down here. Way down, in the southern hemisphere.

Treadshot A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 02:09 PM   #43
Detective Barricade
"To Punish and Enslave..."

Middle of Nowhere, Canada

All I've seen of Universe so far is the Robot Heroes. Come to think of it, the only Deluxe there at Zellers when I went there was Payload (not counting the Screen Battles sets)... And there was only 1 of him...

Got a complaint?

The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Detective Barricade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:35 PM   #44
Starfield
Dinobot

Michigan, USA

Sunstreaker is fantastic in both modes, but a little annoying in the transformation. Is there a trick to unsnapping his doors from car mode? I feel like I'm having to force it too much.

Tankor needs both weapons equipped to distract from the fact that his arms are weird. His wings are a little too small in proportion for his plane. His tanker mode is... OK. Other than that he is pretty fun. Nice transformation between the three modes.

I didn't get Prowl. Don't really like him. I will get Silverstreak when he comes out unless I hear about a Smokescreen coming out later, then I will wait for that.

Starfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:26 PM   #45
RID Scourge
Lurking

In ur newz forum. Reading ur newz!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield View Post
Sunstreaker is fantastic in both modes, but a little annoying in the transformation. Is there a trick to unsnapping his doors from car mode? I feel like I'm having to force it too much.
I find it works better if you pull the front out first because it separates the arms/doors from the legs.

RID Scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 05:35 PM   #46
wolfbolt86
Triple Changer

Can anyone give me some subjestions on how to fix my Octane's leg. One of the legs will not extend when i try pulling it down, the other works fine. I can get the one leg to extend by unsrewing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wolfbolt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 05:42 PM   #47
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Still nothing here.... *runs off crying*

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 07:48 PM   #48
Slayer-Fan123
I kill Ewoks

South of Heaven

I love them all, but I dont have the money for them

Thats the disadvantage of playing 40K

Slayer-Fan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 12:00 AM   #49
MrkCmblz
Protoform

Default release dates

does anyone have release dates on future TF's?

MrkCmblz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 12:15 AM   #50
Energon Hot Shot
Heavily Cyborg

Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrkCmblz View Post
Which in particular?

Steam: Hot Shot
Energon Hot Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 01:10 AM   #51
Gareth Infinity
Ashamed

Northeast Ohio
Default My first Universe '08 sighting!

I saw Universe Legends Starscream at TRU yesterday in Ohio. That's it. Then again I didn't really look for any of the other Legends because I was in a rush, looking for three or four other things at the same time, and Starscream is the only Wave 1 Legends I plan on buying.

That 12-pack of Mini-Cons K-Mart exclusive...I've been drooling over that. Also I cannot wave for the Wave 02 and Wave 03 Legends, as well as the two five-packs. All these little guys are my most wanted items of the new Universe stuff.

Prowl is looking tempting from pics I've seen. Acid Storm is tempting because I still don't have the Classics Seeker mold and it doesn't look half-bad. I don't like Galvatron's tank mode but the robot mode looks interesting. Silverstreak's colors appeal to me more than Prowl's, but if I got the chance I might buy Prowl first to try out the mold. We'll see.

None of the Voyagers I've seen look incredibly appealing, except for the Dirge from that two-pack with Roadbuster. I've changed my mind and am probably going to stay away from Springer and Ratbat. But again, we'll see.

Onslaught looks neat. Powerglide's vehicle mode looks great but I really don't like the look of the robot mode. No Silverbolt for me. Treadbolt is a hard choice because of my constantly wavering lust for the Jetfire mold (I just got back into Transformers seriously for the first time in a long time as the Movie line was starting and Classics and Cybertron stuff were disappearing from the shelves, and I was dumb enough to pass up numerous opportunities for Jetifre), the option of the Henkei version of Jetfire, and Treadbolt's kind-of-blah-looking robot mode.

Last edited by Gareth Infinity; 2008-07-16 at 03:11 AM.
Gareth Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 02:33 AM   #52
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth_Infinity View Post
I saw Universe Legends Starscream at TRU yesterday in Ohio. That's it.
You should try Toledo. That's where I picked up the Wave 1 deluxes, and they had all the wave 1 Legends too. Prowl is a nice pick. I recommend it, even if he's a little back heavy. The mold is just too sweet.

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 03:18 AM   #53
Ackula
Charnel House

CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrkCmblz View Post
Soonish.

Ackula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 05:12 PM   #54
Starfield
Dinobot

Michigan, USA

It may be a small thing, but I'm glad they come with proper Autobot/Decepticon symbols as opposed to only rubsigns.

Starfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 05:37 PM   #55
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield View Post
It may be a small thing, but I'm glad they come with proper Autobot/Decepticon symbols as opposed to only rubsigns.
It is pretty cool, I wish they included both, just like a lot of the G1 figures.

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 06:45 PM   #56
secretcode
щ(゚Д゚щ)

Out of all my classics, only Prime and Rodimus still have their rubsigns, Prime mainly due to me relocating it, and Rodimus for unknown reasons. I think Kali did something to it.

Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:03 PM   #57
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA
Wink

Like my mom said: If you keep rubbing it, it's going to fall off.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 11:00 PM   #58
Gareth Infinity
Ashamed

Northeast Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
Like my mom said: If you keep rubbing it, it's going to fall off.
Dammit, I just took a shower, and now you made me ROFL.

Gareth Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 12:01 AM   #59
Transformer Kamen
Ego Sum

Walked into TRU today and was shocked to find Universe figures! w00t!

Prowl and Sunstreaker are both really good. Nice alt modes and poseable robot modes. I do wish Prowl had a few more paint aps though, especially on his shoulder missiles. Their transformations are kinda "fiddily" too.

Octane....have to mostly agree with Warcry on this one. A Major Disappointment in both alt modes, more with the truck, but the plane is lacking as well. His robot mode is pretty good IMO (I don't see his legs being too large, either), but his head does seem far too small for his body.

Overall, I was expecting better. The previous Classics were done much better. Hopefully the next wave will bring an improvement.

Transformer Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 12:51 AM   #60
Sir Auros
Hardcore Gamer

Virginia, USA
Thumbs down

These are pretty crappy compared to the first sets of Classics figures. Octane and Prowl are just terrible, and Sunstreaker's decent, but has some flaws of his own.

Octane's plane mode is the only one out of the three that looks good at all. The truck looks like a truck cab with random scraps of metal welded behind it, and the robot mode is really awkward.

Octane's robot mode isn't nearly as awkward as Prowl's. With his freak legs and insanely crappy paintjob, this figure's the biggest letdown in the bunch for me. The paintjob isn't only very sparse, but the windows and edges on mine are awful.

Sunstreaker's ok, but Hasbro still hasn't figured out how to solve the yellow and black plastic problem (the kids in the audience will need to look at the original Alternators Tracks hubbub to understand that), the shoulders are hard to get into a solid position, and the doors on the forearms are uber loosey goosey. At least he doesn't look like a plastic turd in robot mode, unlike the other two.

Sir Auros is offline   Reply With Quote