• transformers cartoon
  • transformers live-action movies
  • transformers fandom
  • transformers forum
Old 2011-04-13, 05:31 PM   #2041
Rookwise
Gestalt

Staffordshire - UK

CHMS Sunstorm arrived today and for a KO I'm quite impressed. All the joints are tight, paintwork is spot on apart from one small belmish on one of the knees where the paint has bubbled. The Sunstorm I received was the Yellow version and had the silver chrome present on the weapons same as other Henkei jets and also the figures jet exhausts/feet are finished in gold chrome which is a nice touch. I can get hold of the Orange Sunstorm as well as some Air Warrior sets which I may at some point to add to the SS (Seeker Squadron).
Acid Storm also arrived from another Ebay purchase and again has much tighter joints than my previous Acid Storm which I owned 12 months ago.
Another surprise addition (see pics) thanks to the other half again also came. She said there was a limit of 1 per customer and had limited stocks so thought she'd get me one at a total of 20 inc delivery.

Pics below:

EDIT

Opened Wheeljack and was expecting another Tracks with a new head. However, there are quite a few changes apart from the mostly transparent head. The most obvious being the colour scheme, wing design and the missiles changed to tools ????
Transformation is basically the same as Tracks except there are differences in the legs. The bonnet/hood of the car becomes the legs and the front section of the car becomes the feet. Unlike Tracks you dont rotate the waist. Changes to the rear of Wheeljacks legs have been made as well so that he has working knees. The cars front wheels are now on a rotating point instead of being fixed on a peg.
What is interesting and what the instructions dont show are what appears to be one of the new type weapon clip holder thingys just to the outer side of the rear of each knee. These hold Wheeljacks tools perfectly and dont stick out. Wheeljack has somewhere to store his tools when he's not tinkering :P
The instruction sheet only shows that the tools are positioned in the same place as tracks would have his missiles (on the backpack) and Wheeljack holds his other weapon.
Same as Tracks. Wheeljacks weapon has a clip on the rear. This can attach to the weapon clip holders on Wheeljacks backpack to store the weapon as a shoulder mounted blaster/launcher (non firing).
Wheeljack also retains the flight mode from Tracks. This time however. The rear of the car doesnt flip over to hold the missiles (even though the cut out is there and could rotate if there wasnt a spoiler on the rear). Wheeljacks tools attach to a clip in the wings to form wing blasters.

My Wheeljack has tighter joints over my Tracks and overall the figure looks really nice. The only gripe I have is that he looks short due to the small gap between the legs and the upper body/waist but this is just the look as Wheeljack is the same size as the other Deluxes.

A few pics:

Last edited by Rookwise; 2011-04-13 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added info and pics
Rookwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 12:14 PM   #2042
Rack 'n Ruin
Unregistered User

Debris, UK
Smile

G1 Encore Hoist came in the post yesterday. I really like the tubby little fixer. I haven't bought anything G1 for ages, so it was really fun to fiddle with. The transformation is quick and easy too. He was a little smaller than I thought he'd be, but then I guess I am a little bigger than I was in 1985.

Trouble is, I want Trailbreaker even more now...

Oh, I also got a Gen Cliffjumper as well. He will be a head donor so I can resurrect a Classics Cliffjumper I had partially caniballised for parts.

Wreck and Rule!
Rack 'n Ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 04:54 PM   #2043
Paul053
The man who painted heaven

North star where bananna froze

Got Wheeljack, Thundercracker, Warpath, FP Protector and Sidearm all from BBTS. I'm happy as a kid now. Haven't opened any of them yet. Too busy with Windcharger now.

Paul053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 06:09 PM   #2044
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime: Yeah, looooooooong overdue, and probably not for the best. Been wanting this figure since 2005 and managed to get it for a decent price + 4 gold cyber keys + metroplex staff\sawblade thing. He's big and...bricky. He's got all the right joints but due to minimal leg articulation and design, he can't really pose much. All this is augmented on super mode and the wingspan is too big for my shelves. Had fun combining him with botcon razorclaw [fun combination but even more bricking] and movie 1 wingsaber. Not really my cup of tea though, since he's way too cool for 2005 but today, after things like ROTF Leader Prime, Bludgeon, Mindwipe, Dead End, Starscream and so on, he's way under detailed and can't move much.

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 06:52 PM   #2045
glazios
Occasional Cage-rattler

Rhondda Cynon Taff, S.Wales

RTS Lugnut! Finally, it's appeared in Cardiff! Waited three months for this, and it's GLORIOUS!
...Yeah, that was unnecessary... _;;

20.99 at Cardiff TRU, and generally cheaper than everywhere else - particularly Forbidden Planet who want 24 for it. Thieving f*&%ers, as usual...

Took stock of what TRU had while I was there, the list is as follows:

Powercore Combiners
2-Packs
- Leadfoot/Pinpoint
- Sledge/Throttler
- Icepick/Chainclaw
- Searchlight/Backwind
5-Packs
- Crankcase/Destrons
- Stakeout/Protectobots

ROTF/HFTD
Deluxe
- Rescue Ratchet
- Axor
- Tuner Skids
Voyager
- Mixmaster
- Optimus Prime
Leader
- Battle Hooks Prime
- Starscream

Reveal The Shield
Deluxe
- Perceptor
Voyager
- Lugnut
- Solar Storm Grappel
- Strafe

Animated
Voyager
- Blitzwing
- Wreck-Gar
- Shockwave

Hope this list is useful to someone, anyone wants any of the above then let me know with a PM; we can work something out, then I can lay hands on it for you and forward at cost.

Last edited by glazios; 2011-12-02 at 08:31 PM.
glazios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 04:49 PM   #2046
Knightdramon
Primus

York, UK

Got my United Tracks today.

Pretty STUNNING colours in either mode, it's got to be the best blue ever painted on a transformer, ever. Joints are tight and his size is nice, fitting in decently with the likes of Jazz, Ironhide and the rest of the classics crew.

Having another of those moulds in my posesion brings up a decent question...why have they all been downscaled? Or rather, why is Sunstreaker\Sideswipe so big compared to them???

Knightdramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 07:53 PM   #2047
Paul053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
Too busy with Windcharger now.
This is what I was busy with.

Old 2011-04-20, 10:21 AM   #2048
Rookwise
Gestalt

Staffordshire - UK

Just got my daughter a Playskool Go-bots Gorillabot/Beast-bot (blue Gorilla version) as she keeps going after mine (she already has the full tf animated bumper battlers figures lol). Looks like i'm gonna have to look for more. Especially Aero-bot as she taken a liking to my Seekers :-(

Any help in finding some at not silly prices would be great. Paid 6 inc delivery for Gorillabot.

Old 2011-04-21, 10:27 AM   #2049
Rookwise
Gestalt

Staffordshire - UK

Payday has come and i've bought my daughter 5 more Playskool go-bots. Which came to 32 delivered and i've also bought Uniiverse Inferno from Kapow toys. Inferno came today and my thoughts are why the hell does this guy demand such a high price ???
Paid 43 inc delivery for Inferno which was the cheapest I could find and while a nice to display figure and not as bad as Grapple on the weapon arm but I cant help feeling theres something I dont like. Not the mention I had to tighten every single screw on the figure as alll joints were loose.

Old 2011-04-21, 10:39 AM   #2050
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookwise View Post
Any help in finding some at not silly prices would be great. Paid 6 inc delivery for Gorillabot.
If the shipping across the pond is reasonable I -think- my son still has a ton of those left that are doing...nothing. He's moved on to normal Transformers. I'll go digging today while I'm down in the basement. I'm pretty sure neither he, nor his mother, would mind getting rid of them for another little up and coming fan.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 02:13 PM   #2051
Rookwise
Gestalt

Staffordshire - UK

Cheers. Let me know if you do still have any. Have just bought her Speed-bot v1,Beast-bot Dino mode, Cheetor,Cop-bot (blue motorcycle) and Aero-bot for 3:99 each with 12 combined p+p.

She nearly 3 and likes Dino's,helicopters,cars and airplanes. Gives her something to focus on. She has a number of disabilities and also has a short attention so something like Transformers helps her concentration,hand co-ordinatation and problem solving skills.

Old 2011-04-25, 07:47 PM   #2052
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

As an Easter present, my wife got me RTS Tracks. He's got one sweet car mode (probably the highest car mode of any of the Classics figures I have) and a pretty decent robot mode. A few gripes though: he can be damn tricky getting the arms right to get back into car mode and he's got a hell of a thick torso with the top and back of the car all smashed into one spot. On the other hand his feet are so well made that balance isn't an issue. Oh, and the flying car mode is terrible. You know it's bad when a toy made in 1985 can pull off a mode better than one in 2011. Granted this was deisgned with Wheeljack in mind as well, but that mode is just awful.

Overall he's a fantastic rendition of his G1 toy, and that blue color is just slick.

Still looking for Grapple, Wheeljack, and Thundercracker. I don't know if they just stock things slow out here or it's just the calm on the shelves before the TF3 storm hits. Hopefully I will see these guys (especially Grapple) before the deluge of TF3 hits...

ganon578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 08:01 PM   #2053
Thunderwave
Gestalt

Upstate, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon578 View Post
You know it's bad when a toy made in 1985 can pull off a mode better than one in 2011. Granted this was deisgned with Wheeljack in mind as well, but that mode is just awful.
I get the feeling RTS Tracks' flying car mode is more of an afterthought and a throwback then anything else.

Quote:
Still looking for Grapple, Wheeljack, and Thundercracker. I don't know if they just stock things slow out here or it's just the calm on the shelves before the TF3 storm hits. Hopefully I will see these guys (especially Grapple) before the deluge of TF3 hits...
I've lost hope of ever finding Lugnut here. Thundercracker and Warpath have a decent chance of showing up around here in the next week or two. If the pattern holds true, that is. Also note that Target has put anything not Generations on aggressive Clearance.

I did, however, get my iGear Kup 01 set in. The fact it comes with a tiny screwdriver amuses me. The heads look pretty good with nice, clean paint apps and the plastic doesn't feel like poor quality at all. The little box it all comes in fits nicely into the bed of Kup's truck mode.

Thunderwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 09:03 PM   #2054
Paul053

Quote:
As an Easter present, my wife got me RTS Tracks.
How did she find that big of an egg to put him in.

Opened Wheeljack yesterday. I like him, even though still need some details adding. The legs are completely remold but sadly makes him so much shorter in robot mode. I even unscrewed the leg part to see if there are any chances to extend it but seems unlikely unless replacing the whole sliding joint. Thundercracker and Warpath are still in the box and will likely open Cracker pretty soon.

Old 2011-04-25, 10:20 PM   #2055
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderwave View Post
I get the feeling RTS Tracks' flying car mode is more of an afterthought and a throwback then anything else.

I've lost hope of ever finding Lugnut here. Thundercracker and Warpath have a decent chance of showing up around here in the next week or two. If the pattern holds true, that is. Also note that Target has put anything not Generations on aggressive Clearance.
Yeah, I think so too. I hadn't put him in the mode since I thought it was going to be bad, but I tried it anyways. Probably won't go in that mode ever again.

Target around here has been decent at stocking, though the new ones are few when they arrive. I got one of two Perceptors at my local store, and managed to snag the only Scourge, Kup, and Wreck-Gar that I have seen in these parts. All of these have not been restocked since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul053 View Post
How did she find that big of an egg to put him in.
It was huge!!! I think it was from a dinosaur. Perhaps Grimlock?

Old 2011-04-26, 06:16 AM   #2056
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA
Talking

Grimlock's a dude, dude.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 03:34 PM   #2057
ganon578
GO BLUE!

NoCo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notabot View Post
Grimlock's a dude, dude.
Maybe Wheeljack gave him the ability to lay eggs even though he's a dude?

And if Jurassic Park and Jeff Goldblum have anything to say about it, nature will find a way and Grimlock can lay eggs if he evolves.

Old 2011-04-26, 08:02 PM   #2058
Notabot
Lutheran

Lowden, IA
Wink

Point conceded, as Jeff Goldblum has something to say about everything.

Notabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 01:57 AM   #2059
Tetsuro
One with the Matrix

Suomi Finland Perkele

Normally, if I'm woken up after only 2,5 hours of sleep, I will be really, really cranky.

But it's hard to be cranky when I was woken up by the delivery guy bringing me my spankin' new Masterpiece Rodimus!

(I still went to bed almost right after he left; I don't consider "groggy" to be the best physical or mental state to play with a new toy)

Tetsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 09:00 PM   #2060
numbat
Legends Class

Scotland, UK

I picked up HFTD Deluxe Ironhide today, despite having previously decided to pass. I love the Movieverse Ironhide design, I really do. And I love my Voyager Ironhide. I'd just heard so many bad things about this toy, and thought the robot mode looked to have way too much kibble in photos.

However, after a seriously bad day at work (worst ever actually!), which also happens to be my birthday, I noticed that Deluxes were knocked down to less than Scout price in Sainsbury's. The did have Straxus as well, but he didn't appeal quite so much, so I picked up Ironhide went to the till (with food shopping too, of course!).

I've now been home an hour or so, and played around with him, and I am seriously impressed. The robot mode is not only more stable, but is also way more film accurate than the Voyager figure - the proportions are a lot more stocky. The pale plastic is not really blue/teal, but closer to gunmetal, and the cannons are very nicely moulded. Just totally awesome!

The Topkick mode is also a lot better without the robot kibble (arms and cannons) of the Voyager version.

I admit, the transformation is a pain either way, but less so than the Voyager.

Another point I'd like to highlight is that I have read that this 'drone' / cannon is a 'nice touch' but can't be stored out of the way in truck mode. Well, that's pure poppycock. I've had three beers, and only transformed the figure to truck once, but I managed to achieve the transformation with the 'drone' cannon still attached to the left arm (and so it's hidden away under the cab roof now). The trick is, I noticed there's a hinge on the cannon moulded onto the right arm - flip that out (splitting the cannon in half), and this provides the space for the 'drone' cannon to slot into within the cab in truck mode, keeping everything out of sight, stored away, and pretty well film accurate - more-so than any other Ironhide figure so far.

This guy was definitely a good buy!

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
numbat is offline   Reply With Quote